Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 27, 2013 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
I think the pacing turned out okay... Well...

-Naegi Butt Season
-Two bros on sauna
-Chihiro being a cutie
-Togami seems like the perfect main character oh dear
-Fukawa (AKA Literacy Girl) fangirling on Togami
-Celestia and her... Uhh I just finished watching Rozen Maiden 2013 and I think she and Shinku can go work well.

Otherwise unexpected for another "death" to come soon and now I'm thinking of how to piece together. (I don't play the game (Yet) so yea.)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 27, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
tigerguy said:
This episode should've been just 22 minutes of Oowada and Ishimaru in the sauna.
The most genius post in the entire thread, except it should only be 17 minutes in the sauna, and then 5 minutes of the bromance in work

omg I'd actually pay to see this tbh. this is all i really need but wait, what about the murder...

We can make it 16 minutes of sauna, then 5 minutes of the bromance, and one minute with everyone being like, "oh shit they got Chihiro. RIP. Shine on forever."...you know what let's just pretend the murder never really happened, carry on.
slayerizedcarolJul 27, 2013 6:56 PM
Jul 27, 2013 7:50 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
The first half was quite funny when the two was arguing, and they going to the hot fest hell. Didn't know they are brothers. Quite stupid, but it was cool. That was quite surprising. What is the song called when the light skinned man was mad and than leaves himself?

Hmm, another girl has been dead. Well, another character I don't hate or love. I guess these people will have kill either Sakura the wannabe Goku, the afro long hair light skinned man, or that brown girl. I wish the glasses girl will be dead first instead of the orange hair girl, or got caught in the case trail in the next episode can't stand that woman.

I like the glasses boy. So smart, and Mono the bear.
4.5/5
Jul 27, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
Raisken said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

Ok then there's only 1 thing i can say and i noticed it and was hinting at this for some time:

Damn now my mind just blew.

Onyxthegreat said:
June93 said:
OH SHIT! I fapped to Chihiro when i first saw her cause I thought she was hot but then I find out she's a dude!? That's freaking gay, why would they even do that? I know I'm not gay so this is total bullshit, worst character, giving this trash a 1.

Where and when did he posted it??? LOL....sorry but i had to:

Jul 27, 2013 8:16 PM

Mar 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
June93 said:
OH SHIT! I fapped to Chihiro when i first saw her cause I thought she was hot but then I find out she's a dude!? That's freaking gay, why would they even do that? I know I'm not gay so this is total bullshit, worst character, giving this trash a 1.

You fapped to Chihiro?!! O.O
Regardless of his gender, that is pretty disturbing. Not to mention your strong homophobia....
You probably should have kept this to yourself.
Now, I feel like I need a to take a break from MAL for a day.
Jul 27, 2013 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
just watch the sub version.. ah..
still cant imagine chihiro dead so fast.. :/

btw fukawa is really weird girl XD lol
she falling in love with togami? -_- oh boy! :o

hmm.. so about the suspect.. its a girl right? or a boy? hmm...
Jul 27, 2013 11:57 PM
Jun 2008
My favorite character dead already T_T I expected this to happen but not so soon, and worst of all I was correct in assuming she was a trap, which was a plus. Did anyone else suspect a trap? For me it was her voice that hinted it.
Jul 28, 2013 2:35 AM

Oct 2011
So dang rushed compared to the game. I did not expect the trial to be pushed to the episode right after this one. I guess it would simply be unfeasible to fit the game's depth into 13 episodes.
Jul 28, 2013 2:49 AM

Jun 2012
Haha, it's slightly hard for me to imagine Sawashiro voice acting such a character xD

Really weird OP, may be the worst I've ever seen or heard.

Looking forward to next episode.

Jul 28, 2013 3:50 AM

May 2012
Felt a bit rushed, but none the less I enjoyed it (:
Jul 28, 2013 3:58 AM

Sep 2012
Everything that was good in the game felt terrible. The sauna scene was really embarassing to watch in the anime while it felt more natural in the game. The anime is way too rushed, you just don't have the time to give a fuck about the characters or what happen to them. I can't even blame the director of this anime, cause it's just impossible to tell this story with so few episodes.

The most disapointing anime I've seen this year so far.
Jul 28, 2013 7:43 AM

May 2012
This was a good episode for me. I wanted that character to die, her voice and how she acted was annoying. Also the fact that she looked like a trap character put her on my die list along with Fukawa.
Jul 28, 2013 10:19 AM

Feb 2010
For anyone who's surprised they're moving into the class trial next episode. Think about it.

There's 9 more episodes.

1 - Prologue
2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 - Murder/Investigation.
3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 - Class Trial.

If we look at it this way, then moving the class trial back one episode means you have to rush another chapter even more.

Of all the chapters you could flesh out, this one wouldn't be my first choice. I find a couple of the others more worth it if they were to consider doing that.
Jul 28, 2013 11:35 AM

Jun 2013
Ehhh, not crazy about this episode. The pacing bothered me. The first half of the episode felt slow, but the second half felt rushed.
Jul 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Feb 2011
dammit, my other favorite character killed ;-; .

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2012
Jul 28, 2013 1:09 PM
Apr 2011
Poor girl, she shouldn't have let herself be seen as so vulnerable though.
Jul 28, 2013 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
The only person I could see being a serial killer is Celestia but then again I wouldn't be surprised I was completely wrong. Decent episode, the new OP was fabulous and the Bromance was pretty funny.
Jul 28, 2013 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
thepath said:

Jul 28, 2013 3:09 PM

Sep 2011
SetsukoHara said:
The sauna scene was really embarassing to watch in the anime while it felt more natural in the game.
I disagree there, the sauna scene was just as funny if not funnier than it was in the game cause of the great voice acting. especially the bromance scenes afterwords

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 28, 2013 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SetsukoHara said:
The sauna scene was really embarassing to watch in the anime while it felt more natural in the game.
I disagree there, the sauna scene was just as funny if not funnier than it was in the game cause of the great voice acting. especially the bromance scenes afterwords

They're both equally great since you get to see ripped Ishimaru either way.

Jul 28, 2013 8:56 PM

Apr 2013
I forgot to share my feelings of this week's episode.

I really liked this episode. The pacing was exactly how I wanted it to be for a 13 episode anime, and the investigation part was surprisingly more thorough unlike episode 2's. I think it has to do with the fact that Monokuma didn't steal the spotlight as much as his usual affair in the anime. And contrary to what most people believe, there was actually originality within the episode!

Ohmagawdholycrystaldragonjesussosexciting!
Jul 28, 2013 9:03 PM

Aug 2007
I actually really like this episode and I don't have many gripes about the difference between the game and this episode. I thought the pacing was a bit fast... but I really got into it!

I thought how they showed Chihiro's dead body was... actually pretty spooky compared to the game because it kept showing their face with eyes still open in shock. I think they pulled it off well, and I was glued to the screen the whole episode.

This is my favorite murder/trial, though! o.o;

Jul 29, 2013 4:15 AM
Dec 2012
Well, as expected the pace was fast. But you know what? That is okay.

They have to fit a 20+ hour game into just over 4 hours. And they are doing a FANTASTIC job of it.

If this anime was 25 episodes and had more funding for animation, I could see it topping the charts right next to Shingeki no Kyojin. Sadly, it doesn't. But with what little resources they have, the producers have pulled off an amazing feat.

If the whole picture about their restrictions is taken into account, I would say what they pulled off deserves an 8/10. Sadly I can't give it a high score no matter how much I want to, simply because the quality isn't there. It gets a decent 6.5/10 from me.

I wish they cut out the opening though. It was nifty, but not catchy at all. Not something I would get on my playlist. The reason they should have cut it is because it took 1:30 away from actual content. Perhaps with that extra 1:30 the anime wouldn't feel AS rushed, if only a little bit.

On the other hand, keep the ending theme. Its amazing
SandwichForLunchJul 29, 2013 4:19 AM
Me on scoring anime with a 1:
Jul 29, 2013 5:52 AM

May 2012
Is the new OP a parody of this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWv00NFyNI
Jul 29, 2013 5:55 AM

Aug 2012
Have you ever thought about possibility of 2 people murdering her? Okay, that's just stupid.

The killer isn't Oogami, Sakura, that would be just way too easy, even though he/she could have easily hit Fujisaki with that weight, and tied her to those things with that rope, or whatever it is, ( My English is bad, sorry for that ) so it wasn't Sakura who killed Fujusaki.

If I didn't mention people who didn't kill Fujisaki, because this case would be too easy,I would be left with: Yamada, Asahina and Fukawa. I suspect those 3 the most.
---------------------------------------ABOUT MY SUSPECTS----------------------------------------------
About Asahina, that's just my flair, and she could've said that killing for those embarrassing secrets isn't worth it.

The reasons I suspect Fukawa is because she's a bookworm and has dissociative personality disorder, look how she always acts, plus the extension cord was missing I think from the library, she' could've faked that reaction to blood, just to hide in her room, but I suspect her the least of these 3.

Just look at Yamada, he's fat, but I bet he isn't weak, just because he's fat, (fat people mostly tend to have a lot of strength) he could have easly lifted that small Fujisaki, and hit her to the head with that weight, making her unconscious, killing her, then lifting her up and tying her to those bars, or whatever. If you look at the scene, where Sakura spilled his/her coffee, you can see a boxing bag, at the scene where Fujisaki is dead, there was no boxing bag. I know he has the strength to lift that boxing bag, to move if somewhere else. I think he has dissociative personality disorder. I don't see him talking freely with other people, like the other. He's more quiet, like some shut-in, the scene where he was listening to Ludenberg's orders kinda proves that. Probably the main reason why people wouldn't suspect Yamada is because only girls can go to female changing room, lending of student card ( or whatever that thing is called ) isn't allowed, Monokuma invented a new rule where lending a student card wasn't allowed, but nobody ever said anything about stealing it, taking it by force. Yamada could've stolen the card and used it to enter female changing room. I suspect him the most.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's my thoughts on that, sorry for a long post.
Jul 29, 2013 7:22 AM

Jul 2010
Feymeryl said:
thepath said:

Arkemm said:
Is the new OP a parody of this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWv00NFyNI

Not necessarily. The song is a very well known Japanese folk song.
OnyxthegreatJul 29, 2013 7:26 AM

Jul 29, 2013 7:45 AM

Feb 2011
suynk said:
Wait, I just realized they never said how

I wonder if they're just going to put that in the next chapter..

I realized that such a rule would be necessary if you were left with three students, which would negate majority vote upon one of their deaths.

Other than that, this murder could've been avoided or at least postponed if they had shared all their secrets beforehand. This would make it easier to solve the case. As for revealing it to the world, wouldn't the world finally realize they had gone missing. (if they hadn't already figured it out) I mean, unless it's revealed upon graduating, which would prevent suspicion. In that case, if one's secret could put them in jail, then it'd be necessary to commit another crime to keep it secret.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jul 29, 2013 8:46 AM

May 2012
Onyxthegreat said:

Not necessarily. The song is a very well known Japanese folk song.

Okay, thanks. I didn't know that.
Jul 29, 2013 1:06 PM

Jun 2009
Onyxthegreat said:
Feymeryl said:
thepath said:

Jul 29, 2013 4:56 PM
Jul 2013
Feymeryl said:
Onyxthegreat said:
Feymeryl said:
thepath said:

NorseFTXJul 29, 2013 5:17 PM
Jul 29, 2013 6:22 PM

Apr 2011
Nice episode.

Dat meganekko... She is my favorite.

Need more Touko.

Don't dare to die, my dear.
Jul 29, 2013 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
NorseFTX said:
Feymeryl said:
Onyxthegreat said:
Feymeryl said:
thepath said:

Jul 30, 2013 7:48 AM

Oct 2012
Wow the episode went too fast but god Togami sure is something (he is awesome at first) he doesn't seem to give a f*ck about other but is also willing to beat everyone pretty cool hi love is character but now we lost the programmer that is a shame can't wait to see the trial ^^
Jul 30, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2008
And here I was thinking at some point they would put that girl's programming skills to use when solving a crime. Guess she was just fodder. Unless she left some kind of clue in some program already.
Jul 30, 2013 11:11 PM

May 2012
When they showed her using her laptop I suddenly thought: yup she's gonna die next.

Good episode btw. I'm starting to like the series, unlike previously.
Jul 31, 2013 12:14 PM
Apr 2011
Jul 31, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2010
oh Boy indeed
Aug 1, 2013 12:39 AM

Jan 2013
suynk said:
Wait, I just realized they never said how

I wonder if they're just going to put that in the next chapter..

i accidentally saw that too xD Luckily i didn't get spoiled even further xD
Aug 2, 2013 3:40 PM

Jun 2010
killing over jealousy? thats low...this murder could've happen outside the game..
Aug 3, 2013 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
SuperImpact said:
When they showed her using her laptop I suddenly thought: yup she's gonna die next.

Good episode btw. I'm starting to like the series, unlike previously.

It's starting to grow on me a bit, although I was hoping Chihiro would survive. Who in their right mind could bring themselves to kill this?

I wonder whose secret she learned. Watch it totally be Naegi's bed wetting.
Aug 4, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2011

Excellent Naegi butt shot, and I'm also wondering just how his ahoge stays up in the shower. SHSL hairstylist.
Aug 4, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2012
haha i feel like a detective when i watch this anime,
sadly there are to many names for my brain to adapt to names just yet,

BUT
so far i think the killer is between
Fuwa chan?if im saying that right, the smelly girl with the glasses
and The blonde hair guy with the glasses, they've been to suspicious this ep.
Aug 5, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2011
LOL that new OP... I swear, those references are the only good thing about this adaptation. :D The rest is just decent at best.

I’m curious, with how they rush the investigation phases, is it even possible for someone who hasn’t played the game to absorb all that info? That was just crazy.
Aug 6, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2007
So... finally another person died and another mystery begins. Now to watch next episode.
Aug 6, 2013 10:17 PM

Jun 2013
I think I might have this one figured out already. Well, I can confirm with the next episode.
Aug 8, 2013 3:21 PM

May 2011
Lol those two actually became bros in the middle of all this. And it was interesting to see Kirigiri handling those three handbooks hmm.

I am starting to really love this ED song.
Aug 9, 2013 2:23 PM

May 2013
Here we are again; everyone is debating and making theories once more.

Lol at the new OP.
I'm liking the OST.

So after every Class Trial, new spaces open up. In this case, it's the second floor.

Aaaaand Chihiro is dead; another person added to the ED! I wonder why Makoto's there though.
Anyway, I don't know how Chihiro could die in the girl's locker room. Isn't he like a guy...?
Or maybe, he's really a girl! Or he could be a guy and that's really the guy's locker room!
See, even I'm making theories myself.

Something's up with Touko.

I guess it's Class Trial No. 2 next.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 11, 2013 12:18 PM

Feb 2011
What the heck is on the first poster in the gym...

Lmao @ Oowada and Ishimaru. My guess is that they both lost.

Geeze, poor Chihiro.
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 14, 2013 11:57 PM
Mar 2009
What the crap at the OP for this episode...

I thought everyone knew Chihiro was a guy...which would make sense why he would be targeted.

Seems like there's no easy clue to tell who the culprit is this episode. The quick answer seems to be Touko, but ehh.

Byakuya is enjoying this way more than he should be. Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as one of the last two if it comes down to it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.