Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2011 12:29 PM

Sep 2011
Though A's was better I still gave it the same score (8) for not failing like some other anime which try to put in new styles into them and being almost as enjoyable as A's.
There were a bit too much villains though. I like to concentrate on fewer enemies. I really liked the idea of Nanoha and Fate being the instructors of new mages and the overall military theme. I also thought that Nanoha and Fate's adult version were very well designed, being even more mature and hot at the same time :D
I liked most of the new characters and I'm happy that they all had their epic moments and they all recieved enough screen time. Though Nanoha, Fate and Hayate should have got a little bit more. My favorite of the new characters has to be Vivio, she was just way too cute :) (I've also always liked heterochromia). My overall favorite character from the series is still Fate, she is way too awesome, cute and hot :)
Just like the other seasons I missed the lack of romance between the characters. Though whatever anyone says I still think of Nanoha and Fate as a pair (not only perverted way), I just can't even think of them being with boys :D They are pretty nice together and they even make some references to it, though most of them probably mean a really close friendship.

This was a really great series, I'm happy I took the advice of others and didn't drop it when it seemed to be only a new Sailor Moon.
RazielZeroJun 16, 2012 4:21 AM
Oct 29, 2011 3:19 AM

Sep 2010
In terms of the... "main essence" of A's ans StrikerS, I'd say they're about the same, but StrikerS had plenty of boring, useless episodes that were off-putting; it only got good towards the end.
Jan 27, 2012 11:30 AM

Nov 2009
I thought this series was great. I loved the fact they were all a bit older and it concluded nicely.

The new characters that were added as mains just made it that much better, Teana <3!!
Jul 24, 2012 12:13 AM

Jul 2011
Sad times now that I've finished this series.

Great ending to a great season of a great series.
Aug 10, 2012 7:47 AM

May 2011
I'm going to miss this show.
Sep 4, 2012 11:25 PM

Sep 2012
I am obliged to post here. This anime is my favorite anime by far. I saw it a dozen times without getting bored. I already loved the characters in the first two seasons, but see them evolve in this universe a little more military was fucking good.

Firstly, Nanoha adult. That's it. The White Devil to a whole new level. When she gave her lesson Teana my eyes were fucking sparking. When Vivio was abucted, that Nanoha broke down in the arms of Fate and just after we saw Vivio almost tortured in Worldvision, I had my head in the screen.

Vita was fucking incredible. Nanoha gave me a dream, and Fate ... Fate was Fate, New sonic form! And new characters such as Subaru were well exploited. The first episodes were a little slow, but it was better to introduce all the epic that was the end.

This license is my favorite. Can not wait for new chapter of Force / Vivid and the second film. Or a new game cause A'S on PSP is really good.
Nov 7, 2012 10:26 PM

Mar 2012
I'm gonna miss this series and all the Nanoha/Fate subtext. I'm glad I decided to watch it after all this time.
Dec 4, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
Amazing ending of great anime. A's and Strikers are very different, but I liked both of them. 9/10

ps Vivio is so cute <3
Nov 26, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2012
Nice portion of Mahou Shoujo, however I liked 1 prequels more 7/10 for strikers.
Jan 9, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
I liked StrikerS most, because the military backdrop brings a lot of logic into it. First of all, Nanoha and the TSAB were close since the beginning. Just remember that Lindy had to explain her absence to Nanoha's parents etc. And with a full-time job at the TSAB, the always present problem of Mahou Shoujo (and similar, like Superheroes undercover) is finally gone, everything simply fits in more nicely.

Like, everyone was wondering why her mother let Nanoha go when she asked to stay away for an unknow length of time, at a plac she couldn't tell, with people she herself didn't know herself, doing stuff she also couldn't tell.

All gone. Full time job is mage, so she can do what a mage does all day long. It also dealt with the issue of why she is fighting. She decided she wants to do it, and got the right job. Just like if she wanted to be actress, politician, clerk, whatever. She isn't trying to be clerk, but fighting monsters all night long.

And Nanoha, Fate and Hayate as adults was nice in itself. They totally turned the usual relationship around there. Just like Nanoha and co got petted in the first two seasons, and there always was someone to tell what they can and can't do, so did they to the new comers.

It's a bit sad that we didn't get to see Nanoha's family, Alisa and Suzuka. But Haytae and Fate provided the "friend situations", and Lindy, Vivio and partially the forwards the family ones, so overall it was okay.

Now if they could do both a series set between A's and StrikerS, aswell as one where Vivio is older, like 10 years or adult like in the fight with Nanoha..she was really nice there, too.

And i would love to see Nanoha and co without useless superiors. Cmon, Chrono, top enforcer of the TSAB since the first season was useless again. Hayate probably could have blown up the cradle on her own, she didn't use that much magic. And neither Nanoha or Fate were completely drained. Not to speak of Signum, who just recieved an upgrade. And besides everythng with the fleet, which the fleet can do quite good on it in, Chrono did do nothing.

Also, as it was only mentioned for Nanoha: Everyone in section six should be promoted two or more ranks and recieve a special recommendation that allows them to do whatever they want unless it's proven by equally capable people (outstanding perfomance in difficult situations, not just some rank they got for sitting on the same chair long enough) that it's against the very interest of the people they are supposed to protect (note that this may differ from the very interest of the TSAB).
Mar 24, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
I want to see a Vita-Agito unison. Maybe they'll activate a powerful tsun mode :o

NanoFate ftw and Vivio's adorable :D Now I understand why there are so many NanoFate doujins floating around.
- - -

Ahh what a nice series to marathon. Now what am I going to do >__< Strikers was good but I think A's is still better.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 27, 2014 7:26 AM

May 2012
Pretty sweet ending I must say! Quite good ending to finish off the whole series as it had some great action and really lovely character development! I'm not a too huge fan of magical girl anime but well this franchise wasn't bad at all! 8/10
Dec 22, 2014 5:18 AM

Nov 2014
So... Quattro is still alive. and possibly pregnant still. GDI. still have strong hate for her And for Scaligetti.

Vivio is normal. and still omg fricking cute.

Nanoha x Fate YES

Chrono is still useless.

I loved it when Arf had her butt in the air with Yuuno while they were watching what was going on.

really wished Zafira would've transformed into his Familiar state, ratherthan his wolf form. still fluffy either way.

And what was that I saw. MY GIRLS [Liese Twins} got a call back? omg the feels. I'm so proud.<333

Can we just get rid of the limits really? haven't the Majic users earned it? haven't they proven it? they need no boundaries.

Lesson : never come between a mum and her kid unless you want an all out battle. Shit just got real by then.

Lesson 2: Allies can become enemies and vice versa. tread carefully. the friend you may make today, may be your enemy,the next time you two meet.

Lesson 3 : Take time to make sure you don't overdo it. Especially if your are around others that rely on you.

And the Final Lesson?

In good and in bad times, true friends, lovers will have your back. Don't go into a battle alone. Have courage. Laugh at evil, kick it in the ass. Be at least two steps ahead of the enemy.

over all i give it a 9/10
Dec 22, 2014 5:18 AM

Aug 2014
Faust721 said:
A nice final episode. The Signum/Agito unison rocks. Hot stuff :D
xchee said:
I want to see a Vita-Agito unison. Maybe they'll activate a powerful tsun mode :o
*ded* XD XD XD That could definitely be pretty sweet, tho it likely wouldn't be quite as powerful.

Clearly the unison with Signum is exactly what she's been longing for all this time - I think she or Zest mentioned at one point that their unison was awful, and one gets the impression that Signum/Agito is probably almost as good as Hayate/Rein (either one).
Faust721 said:
And Erio is one lucky bastard getting to hold Fate like that. I enjoyed the epilogue they had as well.
#fact I wonder how he pulled it off, tho - she's like twice his size! o.O
xchee said:
NanoFate ftw
NanoYateFate, thank-you. *huff!*
CookedCelery said:
Yuuno doesn't stand a chance with Nanoha against Fate's sex appeal.
#fact
turkeymeister said:
quentinlau said:
Hmph, it looks like that Quattro didn't die at the end
*That* pissed me off epicly. T.T
+1. I forgot that magic damage can't kill. -.-
quentinlau said:
Fate being reluctant to fight at the end is quite funny.
You mean "hilarious". Not to mention "adorable". XD

Also, if anyone from way back is still paying attention: ViVid in 2015!!! :D :D :D Only one thing upsets me about this:

It's not Materials.

Stern
for
the
WIN

Not to mention that UD/Yuri has so many levels in moe that she makes a prestige-class out of it, and Dearche is tsundere enough toward her to put Aisaka Taiga to shame along with providing so much hilarity from incompetent leadership and wannabe-evil-mastermind-ness that I nearly died from lack of oxygen! XD XD XD

"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero."
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Mar 7, 2015 7:43 PM

Jan 2010
So, after all this time, everything was solved by violence. To be fair, there were a lot of hard-headed people everywhere, so nothing could have gotten done without a good old fashion wave motion cannon. That being said, that was a fun ride. After so long, it's hard to imagine Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate as little girls anymore. Looking back at the previous seasons is gonna be awkward.

I think what surprised me the most in StrikerS was how it dealt with character growth. The first time I felt this was when Nanoha's story between A's and StrikerS was revealed. She, as well as the other characters, certainly looked and acted more mature, but it never really hit me until that point. Still, I always treated the series as a glorified pandering show, somehow appealing to action junkies and moe enthusiasts simultaneously. I thought I confirmed this when Vivio showed up, blatantly making Nanoha and Fate a couple.

However, as things started wrapping up, it felt like the show finally got a hold of itself. The show's characters are its strongest point, more so than any amount of magical wave motion cannons. This hit me once again in the previous episode when Vivio stood up on her own. It was such a small reference, but it made all the difference. I really appreciated that move, as it gave Nanoha - the show and the character - an extra dimension that I didn't expect.

The show had its road bumps, just as any other show, but Nanoha was thankfully one that had enough good moments to pull everything together.
Mar 20, 2015 8:15 PM

Mar 2014
I honestly was expecting the worst when coming into this season of Nanoha since I've heard bad things about it. But it sure wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and ended up being pretty good. 7/10

I'm looking forward to seeing Vivid now :D
Apr 3, 2015 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
Well, i hesitated to watch this show for while, but after one week i am ready know for Vivid series xD

Great show!
Nov 9, 2015 3:30 PM
Nov 2015
Where did nanoha' family and friend go? Miss them. And what actually happened to Belka? It is destroyed? I wish Nanoha and Fate fighting action too... Sorry for the bad english
Dec 23, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2015
AliceSong said:
Where did nanoha' family and friend go? Miss them. And what actually happened to Belka? It is destroyed? I wish Nanoha and Fate fighting action too... Sorry for the bad english

They...stayed in Earth, only Nanoha and Hayate immigrated to Midchilda.(Fate was born Midchildian)
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
May 31, 2016 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
Less Nanoha and Fate screen time is what makes this show not that good for me. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 2:09 AM

Dec 2016
Now that is what I call a final episode.

Shame we didn't get to see the mock battle.

I loved how they mentioned what the future holds for a lot of the characters.
Jan 22, 2017 8:40 AM

Aug 2016
ahh, I love endings like this, Not an open ending and you know what happens with them in the future, Really enjoyed this anime! 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Sep 21, 2017 8:37 PM

Mar 2016
I enjoyed the first half of this season way more than the second. Conceptually, I liked it a lot, training, military, robo-enemies, cyborg enemies (and Shamal wears a lab coat over her military uniform, my body couldn't handle that).

In the latter half, especially the last episodes all of that gets thrown out. The cyborgs lose their mystery and become annoying, and the characters become set pieces so we can focus on a series of battles with backstory that only added superfluous emotional content. The earlier battles were more satisfying because they seemed more organic and fun. Also, I thought Vivio was cute, but the mama stuff was overdone.

The deaths in this seemed unnecessary as well, making it hard for me to tell what the moral of all this was.
syncrogazerSep 21, 2017 8:56 PM
Jun 8, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2018
I love how so many in this thread feels the need to say that A's was better, but StrikerS was still good, great actually. 7.5/10 8/10 9/10 1/1!!!!!!
Then at the same time also point at some glaring faults of the series like:
- how the new characters where pointless
- how it had bad pacing with more then half of the series being a so called "slow start"
- not being able to offer something of great enough worth to cut the screen time of Nanoha and Fate
- too many villains
- too many characters in general
- confusion as to how they could just drop important characters from before
- confusing vagueness of Nanoha and Fate's relationship
- it grew on me(growing used to the awfulness)
- boring and pointless episodes
- cringe, meh and really? moments
- boring corporate behavior for most of the characters
- confusion about the magic limiters
- let's not forget the best one; struggling motivation to keep watching, but still glad they finished it. (I believe this is the kind of feeling you get when you have been taken hostage, but you where then very glad once it was over and set free)

Now that sure sounds like an 8/10 to me, I can hardly imagine something better then StrikerS, a true example of what you can do with low effort animation and main characters we don't know what to do with anymore.

Come on fellow shounen-action fans, lets join hands and all agree on that it okay to sit though 20 episodes of boredom if it gets us to an "epic" action fest conclusion. We don't need to have any meaning behind the action or even understand whats going on. Storytelling is an outdated concept, just have Nanoha and Fate clean everything up and thereby completely undermining the point of the new characters, why where they being trained this whole season fighting boring robots, so that they could fight some random goons obviously, such richness of character, truly StrikerS strong point.

Now if I can stop my irony for a second, is my observation here correct? Because I have not seen a single person here even hint at what the climax was about and what terrible implications it has for what used be heroic characters like Nanoha and Fate. There is also a big lack of honesty in what 80% of this season is about, some has mentioned the training, but who do they fight for most this season. They are fighting boring looking robot drones that pose little threat, that's what StrikersS is about and if that doesn't sound like what you want then stay far far away.

This is the main enemies of StrikerS:

Let me debunk a myth about how StrikerS has great character growth, as far as the new chars go, nope, characters growing through some sort of struggle or adventure that would be good character growth, characters just talking about their back story and for that to have little bearing on the plot is not good character growth. As for the old characters, they have grown up and become more mature sure, you could maybe call this good growth if the purpose was to tell a story about how adulthood and business life will inevitably corrupt you and make you loose the passion you once had.
The story here is that Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and everyone she dragged along with her are now working for a corrupt government and organisation. These corrupt leaders gets bitten in the ass by one of their own corrupt schemes and it is now up to Nanoha and co to protect said corrupt leaders against what they have conveniently labeled terrorists.
Nanoha and Fate does this without question, without ever having grown vice to the conspiracy and they ARREST the political opposition, thus fulfilling their role in this political game.
During these events Nanoha had happened to form a bond with a synthetic being called Vivio which her cold heart wanted to get rid of as soon as possible, having someone else adopt this potentially dangerous little creature. However Vivio manages to melt Nanohas cold heart just a little bit and she gets upset when she is kidnapped, aka returned to the people who made her. It is then that Nanoha says that her biggest fear is that she will not be given a mission to bring her back, which seems to indicate that Nanoha would give up on Vivio if the committee meetings did not approve of it. What if the church of this planet didn't very much like that Vivio was a clone of their "sankt kaiser" that they worship, maybe they would see it as a blasphemy and use their political power to convince people that Vivio must be destroyed. Maybe the 6th Mobile Unit would get the mission to find her and destroy her, them being the strongest team after all, then what would Nanoha do? I hope she would have kidnapped Vivio for herself and say screw it to her corrupt leaders and escape back to earth or something and then she would have to give earth magical technology so that we could prepare and fight against the evil space-time organisation and end their tyrannical rule, now that would have been an epic conclusion. Maybe Nanoha and Fate then would once again see themselves as enemy combatants as Fate feels a sense of loyalty to her step mother who might be a powerful player in their corrupt government, then Nanoha would have to fight to make her see the truth once again, such drama!

Or maybe Nanoha would simply do the adult thing and not piss her career away by following orders, kill and destroy Vivio and deliver her head as sign of her unquestionable loyalty to their corrupt system. Then she would be given a place of power, she wouldn't have to live in the company apartmenst anymore, she could buy herself a space villa and an even bigger bed for her, Fate and Hayate, now that she is rich and can support a same-sex-polygamist family. After all this is a planet that gives no crap about how people live their lives, in this series they are using 10 year olds, Caro and Erio, as child soldiers to fight so called terrorists on the battlefield. Before them they also used Chrono at that age, that didn't seem so strange in the first series, but now we know this time-space empire regularly and officially uses children for their combat tasks.

Why did Nanoha feel like this is a planet she wanted to move to and protect? What is keeping her there even after the events of StrikerS? Go back to earth to the family and friends who love you and don't just see you as a power to exploit. One can wonder now if Fate's stepmom only took interest in her to empower their organization being well aware of what they do with children who can use magic, use them as soldiers, how is that much better then the abuse that Fate's mom put her through.

All of these stupid questions are a product of the poor story telling of StrikerS that has set up a space world that is devoid of a civilizations complexities and character growth that is actually character ruination.

It's a mystery to me how people could have thought this was good when it came out, but I wasn't there, I can't speak to that, I saw it now in 2020 and I can only judge it on how well it did it's job as story telling which was terrible. Maybe there was other animes in 2007 that was so bad that it made this seem good by comparison. Maybe it was the SW-prequels effect that fans just couldn't see it for what it was until years later. Strange in fact how similar they are in some ways. I also got to wonder if they where trying to bank on the popularity of Stand Alone Complex with this political conspiracy plot, but unfortunately that doesn't work when you put the setting in space in an alien environment where we can't put our own culture and conflicts on the things happening. Not unless you do an awesome job of world building as opposed to a super lazy job at it.
ItamishJun 9, 2020 5:56 AM
Mar 25, 2021 5:56 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. So Hayate a bit bewares so she wouldn't go too far as that general did.. Seeking to protect.. Well.. Maybe she has to be careful..
Vivio Takamachi, huh..
Overall, nice to see happy end.. They could go more into cyborgs maybe, but maybe we'll see more of them later.. Or maybe not.. Overall, season had a pair of not so enjoyable episodes to me.. But also others were easy to watch.. I'd want more focus on characters and slice of life, but this series didn't really concentrate on any of these things.. But still was nice to see some of the characters, even if I'd choose some other things to concentrate on.. On the other hand, I liked some of new characters.. Maybe would like to get more about cyborgs, didn't form too much opinion on them.. But I liked our new young 4 - Subaru, Tea, Caro and Erio.. Glad that things resolved well for Lutecia too, as well as for Agito.. So really base is there for something enjoyable, just make some slice of life OVAs, or spinoff, or something.. ;P With the characters I liked..
May 27, 2021 7:42 AM
Dec 2018
Finally, after 2 days I've finished watching this. Overall, I have mixed feelings about this season I didn't enjoy this as much like in A's maybe the military, the political setting is not my thing, and the new characters seem unlikeable some of the characters of the past season like Yuuno, Arf, Chrono nerfed their screen time so hard. Most of the episodes spend on training
Since we got grown-up Fate and Nanoha with a buff in the bust and I also feel they became side characters in this season, and the show concluded very well, I'll give it a solid 7/10.
A's is still my favorite and there is one more season left, Vivid. And it seems that Vivio will be the MC of the show. And how Nanoha's parents and friends? They never show us how they have been doing. They should at least spend 1 episode or 2 with their day off on earth. Well anyway, off to the final season.
VaineeeeeeMay 27, 2021 7:52 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 14 Discussion

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

30 by Baskarite »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 1 Discussion

zanmato666 - Apr 2, 2007

38 by Baskarite »»
Sep 22, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 15 Discussion

Syaoran - Jul 29, 2007

22 by Animelover875 »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 22 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 9, 2007

22 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 15, 2023 11:21 PM

» The relationship between Nanoha and Fate

sunXkyo - May 8, 2011

9 by Tala-Is-Eternal »»
Jun 27, 2022 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.