Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion

Jul 1, 2016 5:40 AM

Taiga is the best girl

Aug 18, 2016 12:57 AM

This is becoming too melodramatic for my taste. Also beating up someone for such trivial shit is so fucking immature and repulsing it hurts. I can actually get behind the president's choice of making sure she'd be able to chase her dream without having to look back for the sake of a temporary affection from an underclassman. Sure it's a bit of a dick move but honestly she has the right to it after the guy plainly put her under public pressure with his declaration.

Malina said:
The fight between Kanou and Taiga was so epic. Liked it. On a side note though, why didn't Kanou just talk to Yuusaku about the confession? Why just leave him without a proper answer? The stupid one is her...communication doesn't seem to be her strongest skill...
No, the stupid one is the girl beating up someone for the sake of mere high school crush drama.

Aug 20, 2016 7:53 AM

Beautiful drama and episode the only thing that broke it was the swords thing but overall 10/10

Oct 7, 2016 8:20 AM
I don't know what was worse, Kitamura being edgy or dropping the spaghetti.

Oct 25, 2016 12:07 PM

that was garbage, I just cant believe so many people thought it was good

Nov 1, 2016 3:11 PM

had my full serving of cringe today

Nov 6, 2016 2:53 AM

Oh, so much negative feedback on this episode. Well, I liked it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Nov 25, 2016 7:25 AM

Wow, this episode was amazing.
I was in constant surprise and bewilderment. Very amazing reactions and exposure of how they think deep inside.

Damn, even when all those characters are very exaggerated to a point a laugh at them, the story itself makes me take it seriously and appreciate it.

Lovely episode.
rsc-pl said:
Oh, so much negative feedback on this episode. Well, I liked it.
Maybe because they are focusing too much on the outside, having trouble separating the exaggerated behaviours of characters from the deep stuff and plot.
I personally separate the goofy stuff from the serious one and so I enjoy each of them in their respective fields. That's why I liked this episode.

If you look at it in more linear way, of course you may think it's ridiculous.
Together but not mixed.

The president being on top of the roof acting almighty and screaming? Kitamura confusing with the microphone? Taiga grabbing a wood sword to beat the fuck out of the president? Yeah, everything is retarded just because. That's how the author wanted to deliver the story. We have to remember we are watching anime. In it's core, it's meant to be exaggerated.
Modified by HumbertoZero, Nov 25, 2016 7:32 AM

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Dec 7, 2016 7:17 PM
id said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get it, what guilt (Minorin) is Ami talking about? Is it the guilt from secretly liking Kitamura but cheered Taiga on?

I haven't seen beyond this episode so i'm commenting without knowing the grand scheme yet...

The theme of the episode's ending was the Pres avoiding telling Kitamura how she feels. So i believe this is the case here too, i think Minorin doesn't love Ryuuji. When the other girls take the photo in the wallet as evidence, Minorin realizes that Ryuuji bought a photo of her, and that she sould really "man up" and reject him already. So she feels guilty, and evil Ami (or maybe in this case just because she cares for Ryuuji) teases her about it...
But for all i know i could be absolutely wrong! Maybe i'm just too used to my ships sinking from WoWs :P I'm looking forward to finding out if i was right though, gonna watch the rest of the show tomorrow :P
Modified by Warrior_Me, Dec 7, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 11, 2017 10:13 AM

Ah, that was so emotional. I'm glad that Kitamura learned that Kano reciprocates his feelings for her, but it still sad ;(

May 9, 2017 2:39 AM

I didn't like the fight at all, girls shouldn't fight, that ruined the episode for me.

Jun 30, 2017 6:53 PM

i watch this episode 2 years ago and rewatch it today. it's still the same. i still think this episode was probably one of the best anime episodes that ever made. i mean, the fight scene is too epic, the animation, seiyuu, the bgm are fcking great (the reason i watch toradora is because i hear this bgm on youtube, and start searching for the anime). i remember i shed a bit tears when i watch this episode for the first time, it's not because it's sad, but it's give me a bump while i watch this episode. will give it 6/5 without a doubt.
I want to have girlfriend like Perucia

Oct 15, 2017 1:11 PM

Man, that was an intense and fun episode!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"

Oct 17, 2017 7:01 AM

@KingRequiem:
I can actually get behind the president's choice of making sure she'd be able to chase her dream without having to look back for the sake of a temporary affection from an underclassman

ME:
Temporary affection or love of her life u never know, u don't know them & u can't see what their future would have been if thing would have ended differently so Zip it :)
Modified by Sugram22, Oct 17, 2017 7:06 AM

Oct 17, 2017 7:07 AM

the card that said Fool, it was suppose to be taigas apology, but she wrote Fool XD
u noticed Taiga had it on her table before

Oct 17, 2017 4:33 PM

Sugram22 said:
@KingRequiem:
I can actually get behind the president's choice of making sure she'd be able to chase her dream without having to look back for the sake of a temporary affection from an underclassman

ME:
Temporary affection or love of her life u never know, u don't know them & u can't see what their future would have been if thing would have ended differently so Zip it :)
What I do know is that experience in life has taught me to be pragmatic and that high school romantic relationships don't make it through college 80% of the time. The fact that she puts her ambition above him is enough to guess that he probably isn't the love of her life either.

Giving up on your aspirations for the sake of a strong relationship is understandable. Giving up on the the dream and possibility of becoming an astronaut for the sake of a yet-to-exist relationship at 17 is just plain retarded.

Oct 18, 2017 12:21 AM

@KingRequiem

well she should have been at-least honest with Kitamura, then Taiga wouldn't have gone that far

& that choice isn't retarded its a gamble cause its possible they would have hooked up for life :)

but i am really wondering is it her dream, the way she acted made me think her family is ferry strict & possibly forcing her to aim higher where she doesn't really want cause the scene at US when she got the card from Taiga she was different person cause she was far from her family as well
Modified by Sugram22, Oct 18, 2017 12:25 AM

Nov 22, 2017 7:15 AM

This raised the bar from 7 to 8 I hope all of the other episodes be like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 18, 2017 2:32 AM

Great fight! ;__;

Feb 11, 2018 1:54 PM

I get the comment Ami made about to Minorin about not feeling guilty - assuming she meant that Minorin didn't have to worry about getting in the way of Taiga x Ryuuji since Taiga was in love with Kitamura. The thing I'm more curious about though is why Ami herself looked upset as she was walking away afterwards. Must be related to something about the second picture and her own feelings

Feb 18, 2018 4:02 AM
so it's become big mess!! what is right thing to do for both side!! its feel suck...

Apr 8, 2018 2:30 AM

Fucking hell, I forgot how cringeworthy this show can get when it's trying to do melodrama. But at least it wasn't as bad as the drama from that "Mr. Contest" race from a couple of episodes back. This show would be much better if it stuck to a bit more subtle kind of drama, like that little taunt at the end from Ami to Minori.
But that was some quality bitch fight.

Oct 9, 2018 1:32 PM

Well, that’s the best fight scene you’re going to see in a romcom, folks. You can pack up and head home now.

When I first watched Toradora! several years ago, I recall hating this episode and thinking it was too melodramatic. I’ve made a near-180 this time around. I thought Taiga’s actions were very in-line with her character. This didn’t cross the line into melodrama imo and there were some genuinely touching moments throughout the episode.

It was really good. I’m glad I decided to rewatch this series now; I was half-expecting to regret it when I started, but wow.

I’m looking forward to the final arc, and an episode that’s coming up soon in particular: Said episode is part of the reason I decided to rewatch this in the first place.

Jan 23, 2019 4:03 AM
what was the note/package ami received at the end of the episode (after the outro played)

May 10, 2019 8:25 AM

LOL

Sumire vs Taiga. You've caught me off-guard here. So, she really loves Kitamura but hides her feelings.

Kitamura's arc is over. I think that it was better than most episodes from the first half.

Can't stand Kitamura. He is weird.
Life has no meaning.

Jun 13, 2019 9:47 PM
Probably the best thing that happened in this Anime so far.

Everything thing else was just predictable drama and yap yap.

Hopefully this actually episode actually picks up the pace for future episodes and gets Kitamura to start trying again with Taiga and watch Ryuji, that would make this even better.

Jul 1, 2019 11:32 PM

wtf is with this show, suddenly everyone loves each other

Jul 23, 2019 8:04 AM

them feels, Kano bursting in tears really got to me =(.

Oct 1, 2019 5:32 AM
Kanou. Did. Nothing. Wrong! Talk about a memorable last day.

Nov 30, 2019 4:37 AM

Wow, we actually got colossal bitch #2 in this show, though in comparison to Taiga luckily she disappears with this episode and we won't have to see her again. I enjoyed them both punching the shit out of each other though, that was great.

Dec 27, 2019 6:42 PM

Holy crap. Yet another brilliant episode. I loved everything about it, the feels, the different perspectives clashing, the growing up aspect of Kitamura's arc ...., the subtle hilarity of the Student Council President using a ladder to walk up onto the top of the roof's entrance and shout down at Kitamura inspiration-ally, the amazing fight scene, and the realization that things just can't work out - even if it's not out of a lack of love.

The two confessions of love were both pretty cringy, but, I think they pulled them off well actually. I stopped for a few minutes when Kitamura confessed in front of everybody because it was so cringy, but the aftereffect was great.

I'm super curious what Ami means about Minori having her "guilt gone" or something like that? Is it because Minori possibly loves Taiga?
observing a woman's body

Jan 1, 5:09 AM
Didn't really understand what Ami meant when she said to Minorin about no more guilt. I think I get it now after reading some of the posts on this thread. So Minorin is starting to have feelings for Ryuji? I think of all the ships in the series, Minorin x Ryuji is one of the ones that I really like, if not the one, so I'm kinda not hoping for a Taiga x Ryuji.

That was quite intense. Especially that fight, wasn't expecting that in this anime. Kinda brutal too (relatively), seeing how they got all bruised up and bloodied. So Sumire has feelings for Kitamura too? That's a pretty bittersweet conclusion for all of this... Kinda sad actually.

Jan 22, 9:31 PM

Man, reading these episode discussions is honestly making me lose brain cells.

Jan 22, 9:35 PM
People sleep on Kitamura's story in the show. It's overshadowed by the relationship between the two main characters.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]