3It was OK
13.2%
2Disliked it
9.4%
1Hated it
11.3%
Average 3.8
53 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2009 9:00 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well, i have to say. that ending was rather lame. but then again, this kind of story tends to have really frustrating characters that just annoy you to death. a single phone call and hes cured? well whatever it might have been, i think a different approach to that resolution might have been more effective. i liked the story, and the show over all wasn't really terrible. but still.
Jan 20, 2009 9:15 PM

Jul 2007
You'd probably like it a lot more if you were emotionally invested in the series. (Not that it is something you should be doing, the show should do that for you. You can call it bad timing, or just the wrong fit... or whatever). But in either case, I liked the ending, as a romanticist. Yeah, they probably could have done better... but, I enjoyed it at least.

The confession on the train was the highlight of this series. Such an amazing and touching scene, I still remember her words now, even though I finished this series over a year ago (I think... can't even remember when I started watching it).
Feb 1, 2009 3:43 PM

Feb 2008
for some reason, i watch romance type anime passively. although, i invest a great deal of emotion in some drama types, if i invest too much i tend to get burned out quick and drop the show temporarily till it gets out of my system. currently, this has happened with geass S2 and a couple others where i just don't wanna know what happens next. this one though, i was really drawn to it till i saw the last episode. then i felt like tearing my face off in frustration.
May 21, 2009 6:40 PM

May 2009
It was alright.

Guy extremely shy and indecisive.....nothing new, but hey at least he is not as lame as the guy from "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien".

Girls were ok.

Good thing they didnt drag it for 25 episodes which they could.

Pervert friend ..... why not?

Overall decent romance with some standart drama.

PS. Phone ringing every time he tried to confess was a bit too ....... cheap? could have at least added some variety.
Aug 23, 2009 8:03 PM

Jun 2009
I was emotionally caught here, yet it was a bit fast 6 episode only.. they move a clear fast pace but it's not enough for the viewers
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 26, 2009 5:45 AM

Mar 2009
EPIC ENDING!!!!! That was just pure magic, I can't believe how hard I cried!! When Yuka gave her speech, was amazing, and Iyori's phone call got me so bad!! Ichi is such a beast, he wooped dudes ass, and didn't care if he died!! I gotta read this manga....so much better than the first 2 ep OVA!! I love it, I hope they have the best life ever together!!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 26, 2009 1:30 AM
Jul 2009
I had a couple problems with this one.

Handshake? Really? No kiss? If they were going to do that I would have been more satisfied with end of episode 5. Also, the DVD message was not needed.

I like how they tied in the sub-plot with the creep into the end. This OVA had the potential to go School Days ending a few times there. Would have been more surprising.

Anyway, that was a great emotional ending for people who eat those kinda things up. Reminds me of 5 centimeters per second (even though I haven't finished it I kinda skimmed through it and know the ending :\)

Really liked the comedy throughout the series though. Lightened up the mood at the correct times.
Jan 9, 2010 10:57 PM
Aug 2009
Are you f'ing kidding me, this shit was the worst waste of time for a Saturday night. I am going to have to beat the living hell out of my friend who recommended me this series. Cliche up the wazoo, terrible narration, art a pity, and most of all, did I say cliche enough?

My bit of advice: If your looking for a way to get yourself pissed and pumped up for a fight, watch this series; I am sure you will be as pissed as me for a weak ass character.

1/5

How this POS ended:

sayianJan 9, 2010 11:02 PM
Mar 31, 2010 6:13 PM

Jun 2007
I would type up my thoughts here, but I've already typed up a lengthy blog, and it's far too long to C&P, so...

Link: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=60563
Apr 24, 2010 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
OK people, let's not be so cynical here.

First off, it was not a hand shake, he was taking her hand. It was to show that they are now together.

And yes, for the most part, he was a very indecisive guy but in the last episode he swallowed his own feelings and was going to give up his dream so that she may chase hers without him holding her back. The fact that he got his ass kicked is just more realistic.
Did you really think that the power of love and some karate books was going to let him beat some guy twice his size?

Over all I give this one 9/10. Great art but the story did kind of drag in the middle, but great ending.

It even made up a little for Katsura's crappy ending in DNA>2.
May 5, 2010 3:11 PM

Dec 2009
Okay,that ending was extra lame, and tbh, overall it isnt something extraordinary. Good thing it was only 6 eps,so not that huge a waste of time. Having said that though, i must also say that it wasnt bad, infact it was pretty good,if compared to some other ones ive seen in this genre. What i liked is that it atleast had a definite ending, and they got together,which gave all the lame drama a slight bit of meaning.
Jun 24, 2010 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
Omg why did I watched this anime... I mean it's great but I was expecting a Ecchi, Romance, Comedy.... But I cryed half the time because of the drama... ow I'm way to soft for anime like this... the helpless feeling when she was captured a few episodes back and the love and... and dam it I'm crying again!

Great Anime! Never again ;P

Feb 11, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
First of all I admire seto for the sacrifices he made .. its a very sweet ending eventhough there's no kiss in the last part,,still i enjoyed every second of it and i really like this kind of anime its similar to Lamune and Zero no tsukaima 2 where the male heroine's Life is in danger at the end..i am weak in that kind of stuff so,,,a cried a Lot ... 4/5 for me . i could give it a 5 if only seto didn't open his eyes because of the caLL,,they should let Iori arrives first and let her cry apologize blame herself then thats the time he will open his eyes and forgot evertyhing about himself(AMNESIA) then it will take years for him to recover all his memories and and Iori's just waiting for him to come back to her and he will remember everthing and HAPPY EDNING .. thats the way to end it . :))
Mar 26, 2011 5:26 PM
Dec 2010
It was nice story, i would like too some more of their lifes after . Well that awakening from coma was bit overdid and and dude was also annoying sometimes hehe but overall it was very good anime ;)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 16, 2011 6:45 PM
Aug 2010
Nice story nice ending but i thought they will be kissing at last but still I am still glade that i watched this anime ^-^
May 18, 2011 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
The story was really nice. Up tp episode 5 it was a solid 8 that could become 9 with a half decent ending. Then episode 6 arrives.
It's nice that they made it so she finished the play and then quit her job rather than the cliche running to the hospital scene. But a freaking hand-shake, not even a hug.
Also wth with the rooftop scene, how he got the video if it was on his closet. Someone picked it up over night?

7/10 ~ The fail to conclude a nice story.

Teratani is the man
huh?
Dec 26, 2011 7:38 AM

Aug 2010
I only wish that I had never stumbled across this piece of s...work. I finish almost everything even if I don't like it, hoping that it will redeem itself. This series didn't, it was just bad in just about everything. 2/5 for cliché, lame ending.

Teratani was a true bro though, if anything, he made this watchable. 4/10.
Apr 12, 2012 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
Iori calling on the phone instead of dropping everything to go to his side was realistic and saved us a lot of melodrama. I've read the first parts of the manga long ago that I've already forgotten it so I don't really care if this was a faithful adaptation or not. I'm glad of the way it ended since I'm such a sucker for happy endings. 7/10

Mogami-kun said:
Teratani was a true bro though, if anything, he made this watchable.

I've got to agree, for a sidekick perverted character I think he's a great guy.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 16, 2012 11:51 PM

Jan 2012
easy watch... not so great ending /10
Sep 16, 2012 3:51 AM

Feb 2009

This was basically: "Everything that you can do wrong and still get the best ending you can imagine: the anime"
RadzeerSep 16, 2012 3:55 AM
Dec 29, 2012 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
Dammit the ending was so frustrating!! The series was great besides that. Funny situations he gets himself into (could stop laughing/ cringing during the first few episodes), funny suspense too (end of episode 4 when he is about to confess), awesome friends, nice flashback plot, not too long, good romance... But the ending ruined what could have been a 9/10 series!! NO KISS?!? NOT EVEN A HUG?!?!? Wtf... 7/10
Feb 7, 2013 2:09 AM

Sep 2011
choyos said:
7/10 ~ The fail to conclude a nice story.

Basically this.

Where was the fucking kiss!? The first 5 episodes were really good, I'll give it that. I just felt they could've done better with concluding the series. If only it was a 12 episodes... ;-;

Hopefully the manga does better.
May 25, 2013 11:30 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty decent series all in all. My only gripe about this series is they ended it with a handshake. -_-
~ El Psy Congroo~

Aug 22, 2013 7:21 PM

May 2009
since I had already read the manga it was more likeable
there is a lot of stuff and it was compressed in only 6 episodes
any cristicism would be injust to the author
Apr 28, 2014 8:24 AM

May 2012
What a nice ending I must say, really great aspects of drama all put into it! I quite enjoyed it, I did expect a kiss but well the ending was still pretty lovely! All in all a very good ova series I must say!
May 7, 2014 5:34 PM

May 2013
Good series that only had 6 episodes. Wished that this turned into an anime. The manga was really good. Although it was only six episodes, I gotta say that they adapted it well.
Jun 3, 2014 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
This series is a real gem, I really liked it. 9/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 22, 2015 11:09 PM
Jun 2013
over dramatic episode...They tried to fit a bit too much into this episode with the conflicts with the agency, the attacker guy, and the coma.

I don't know why they wanted to jump up a year. I would have much rather
seen them get closer before all this mess. I mean its the last episode is it too
much to ask for some love. And all we get is a HANDSHAKE at the end smmfh wow, but overall it was a decent romance. Chocked full of cliches and characters acting stupid/dense but life goes on. I got some enjoyment out of this.
May 23, 2016 6:27 AM

Mar 2010
The atmosphere was there for thr kiss.. Tho I still found the ending endearing but wouldve been perfect with a kiss instead of solely holding hands.

7/10 as it was pretty nice, love the artstyle and music was decent

Getting out of coma like this was meh.. As well as the continuous phone calls interupting his confession..
Wish it was this easy to get out of coma.. A lot of ppl would be saved
Jul 9, 2016 1:07 PM
Jun 2011
i was hoping the mc would die
Mar 8, 2019 2:24 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
that ending, the feels were real.

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Feb 1, 2021 11:24 PM

Jun 2016
What a nonsense show full of poop characters.
5/10

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Feb 18, 2021 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
After six episodes of cliched misunderstandings and feelings passing each other by, I'm content to see Iori & Seto's feelings finally come through clearly. Often times, the romance will be treated as a bittersweet sacrifice and it will end with each person going their own way in pursuit of their dreams. It's nice to see that the takeaway for Iori (as well as Itsuki) was to pursue the more meaningful dream of sharing their lives with those they loved as opposed to obtaining their own goals alone. I''s Pure scratches the surface on my philosophy towards true love - that it's about sharing in the happiness & well being of that special someone.

While the execution was greatly lacking, the overall takeaway was still enough to make me glad I finally got around to this.

6/10

Mar 24, 2022 5:12 PM

Aug 2014
This anime better off when it was a love triangle. But when the blonde girl went to the USA for her career, it became a drag to watch.

This anime for what it was, nothing special, even though it had the potential to be special. I do wish this was five episodes instead of six episodes.
Aug 30, 2022 9:13 PM

Nov 2010
The MC may have been an idiot, but he was able to redeem himself at the end by actually putting his life on the line. Also, he's really lucky to have such great friends.

I'm glad Itsuki was able to move on and find love of her own. She should've kept her hair medium-long to begin with! Girls look prettier with longer hair.

I almost gave it a 7, but not even a kiss at the end. Lame! 6/10

Iori is for keeps! How I wish I was as lucky as the MC! Be with me forever instead Iori-chan!
Nov 3, 2022 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
trash ending...

why did he stay with yoshizuki... wtf... why did she give up her career..... wtf......

they never even told us why teratani didnt like nami.... WTF........
Aug 5, 2023 10:23 AM

Jul 2012
Only 6 ep it wraps all so good 😭
Iori finally still being a good girl in the end..
We undoubtly find her a loveable character too..

Lovely romance with a medium-high level of drama 📝✅💯 

Even if I in his position I could not ask to break our relationship on purpose..
But, with those.. Its trigger a bigger reason for them to be together..
This cannot be 100% accurate on real life relationship..

More topics from this board

Poll: » I''s Pure Episode 5 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 2, 2009

11 by White_Alice »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:37 AM

Poll: » I''s Pure Episode 4 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 23, 2009

11 by White_Alice »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:46 PM

Poll: » I''s Pure Episode 3 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 23, 2009

12 by White_Alice »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » I''s Pure Episode 2 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 23, 2009

12 by White_Alice »»
Aug 1, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » I''s Pure Episode 1 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 23, 2009

16 by White_Alice »»
Aug 1, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.