Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Jul 20, 2013 11:04 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like to see the eyes of Zheng in the episode. Wang Qi alway too great even if this is a little flashback. To be continued. We will have another episode on the flash-back and a another with Zheng before return with Xin. I Think, but not sure.

Enjoy, the episode.

Jul 21, 2013 6:20 AM

Damn, Anime-Destiny is a little delayed again. Does this episode have heavy dialog or could it be watchable Raw?

Jul 21, 2013 6:39 AM

Monad said:
Damn, Anime-Destiny is a little delayed again. Does this episode have heavy dialog or could it be watchable Raw?

This is better to wait or if you have read the manga, you will more understand.

Jul 21, 2013 9:24 PM

Those eyes...what a tragic backstory, now we see why Zheng had to grow up so fast, and also probably a part of why he is so passionate about uniting all the states. That is, since the political strategems involved in the war between the two states made his childhood a living hell. Zheng is a much deeper and genuine character now.

But, question for manga readers. I know this flashback was earlier in the manga, was it before/ during the first battles with Zhao? Cause that'd certainly make more sense to have it in there as a prelude to that conflict, so we get to see Zheng's motivations at a more appropriate time.

Jul 21, 2013 10:00 PM

AlexTheRiot said:
Those eyes...what a tragic backstory, now we see why Zheng had to grow up so fast, and also probably a part of why he is so passionate about uniting all the states. That is, since the political strategems involved in the war between the two states made his childhood a living hell. Zheng is a much deeper and genuine character now.

But, question for manga readers. I know this flashback was earlier in the manga, was it before/ during the first battles with Zhao? Cause that'd certainly make more sense to have it in there as a prelude to that conflict, so we get to see Zheng's motivations at a more appropriate time.

this was after the first battle against Wei. After this, this was the real act on Qiang Lei..

Jul 21, 2013 10:08 PM

^Ahh see that makes perfect sense. Thanks for that.

Jul 21, 2013 10:43 PM

anymore flashbacks of wang qi later on
or is he pretty much written off

Jul 22, 2013 1:48 AM
Sei from the past and Sei in current has really different looks and I feel sad for him having that past knowing that her mother is doing such things just to get a food to eat is really so traumatic, I can't even endure that if I am in his place
And Zi Xia is so beautiful and pretty, I think I did fall for her because of this episode..lol
I wonder what will happen to her in the present time, because there's a possibility that something bad may happen to her by helping Sei to escape.

Jul 22, 2013 9:01 AM
boring am I watching season 1 again and everyone who have watched it knows what will happen in the next ep.

Jul 22, 2013 9:33 AM

Good flashback.

Jul 22, 2013 9:36 AM

bassa_x said:
boring am I watching season 1 again and everyone who have watched it knows what will happen in the next ep.
Why? I could see, that you would know it, if you have read the manga, but the first season gave nothing away, except that Zheng survive this in any case, because - you know - he is still alive.

Jul 22, 2013 3:41 PM
I absolutely loved this episode. Zi Xia was incredibly beautiful.BTW... Does anyone know, who the seiyuus of Ya Men and Jiang Zhang are? I am sure, I know them, but I couldn't figure it out and the internet also didn't help >.<

I am so looking forward to the next episode. I guess, I'll prepare some chocolate and tissues -.-

Jul 22, 2013 5:12 PM

Wow that was fantastic, burying 400,000 soldiers alive is way overkill, Zheng's childhood is alot more messed up than i thought it'd be. As much as i enjoyed this ep, i was really hoping it wouldn't be more than 1 ep, oh well....

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Jul 22, 2013 5:36 PM

That was a great start and ahh, how I did miss Wang Qi. And the more I see of Zheng's past the more frightening the mother and son seem to be.

Jul 22, 2013 7:11 PM

I was kinda disappointed that this was a flashback, and next week's will be too, but it wasnt to bad, still dont know who Zheng got the scar on him arm. Also I love this ending, every time I hear it I always cant wait for more Kingdom
[/url]

Jul 23, 2013 1:36 AM

I still can't understand why Zhao kingdom let Zheng and her mother free if they are "valuable" hostages, they had to close them at somewhere or at least put them under surveillance.

Jul 23, 2013 9:00 AM

ainky said:
I still can't understand why Zhao kingdom let Zheng and her mother free if they are "valuable" hostages, they had to close them at somewhere or at least put them under surveillance.
I suppose they just had faith that nobody could get past the gates, I'm sure we'll see how difficult a task it was next episode.

Jul 23, 2013 7:33 PM

It is rather misleading because Lian Po never fought Bai Qi in this battle. The opponent Lian Po fought actually was Wang He, another member of Six Great Generals in this story.

Kurogashi said:
anymore flashbacks of wang qi later on
or is he pretty much written off

Well, in history, Wang Qi was the vice commander of Qin army during Battle of Changping under Bai Qi's command. Of course no way he would appeared more significant in Zheng's past

ainky said:

In history, Zhao intimidated by Qin's military pressure for years after Changping. They have became too weak so Zhao had no choice but gave them to Qin.

Scapeghost said:
I was kinda disappointed that this was a flashback, and next week's will be too, but it wasnt to bad, still dont know who Zheng got the scar on him arm. Also I love this ending, every time I hear it I always cant wait for more Kingdom

This is how Zheng got his scar.... a spoiler for you
http://mangafox.me/manga/kingdom/v08/c077/15.html
Modified by Ayouda_Mawabea, Jul 23, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 24, 2013 4:31 AM

Scapeghost said:
Also I love this ending, every time I hear it I always cant wait for more Kingdom

Me too! I sometimes just play previous episodes and just hear the ending song. The video and the song gives a very good vibe.

Anyway, good thing Zheng did not turn out to be a bad person despite his childhood past. Those memories are too cruel and traumatic for a little kid, I think. And usually those kids grows a little different. Maybe meeting Zi Xia was a good influence for him.

Jul 28, 2013 7:38 PM

This is a really cool anime. Just watched season 1, now jumping into season 2.

I love Shin, Qiang, and Diao. The story is progressing well and I'm really interested in seeing how their future plays out.

Thank god the animation is better. Once I got past that I really enjoyed season 1. Thankfully the animation won't detract from the story this time.

Honestly people trying to force that cheap CGI animation get me so irritated. I would prefer a more basic art style over forced crap CGI. A prime example, Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight. A book I loved and the animation of the draconians and dragons made my eyes bleed. The rest for the most part was fine. I don't get it.

Apr 20, 2014 9:58 PM
originanime

Great background story!

Jun 15, 2014 11:28 AM

Boring Episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Jul 27, 2015 12:52 AM

Little boring, but it is a needed flashback.

Jul 11, 2016 7:26 AM

The people of this kingdom really have shit in they're eyes to think that the queen is beautiful, she has big tits but the maid is way cuter than her for example.
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Sep 9, 2017 5:54 AM

So Zheng's childhood episode
Seems way too harsh childhood
I don't know why people can lose their humanity that easily
It's clearly not Zheng's fault.. and worse they beat up a child
Parents' (or grandpa's) fault are not the child's fault

Shika is a pretty cool character (and her seiyuu is wonderful xD)
I hope she live till the end.. I really hope so
"Signature removed"

Jun 23, 4:01 AM

Pretty sad childhood, glad that those guys are going to bring Zheng back.
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Jun 25, 11:51 AM

OMG, that bastard buried alive his own men :o
And damn, Zheng's childhood was hell.