Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Aug 7, 2013 2:12 PM

Dec 2010
Yep, everyone in the Survey Corps are mad.

I guess that Levi's criminal background serves as a good justification of his attitude.
Aug 16, 2013 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
Decent episode, I like the way how they experimented with titans and revealed some background info.
But I am still wondering why they are leaving out the possibility that all titans are Eren-like humans from outside the wall - cause that would be the first logic assumption they should have.
Aug 24, 2013 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
I predict that within 20 or so minutes, a forum goer named Rasco will be posting.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 24, 2013 5:05 PM

Mar 2010
Well It was nice seeing that hange chick rage.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 25, 2013 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
Rasco said:
Well It was nice seeing that hange chick rage.

Knew it.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 25, 2013 1:15 AM
Jul 2018

That question from Captain Erwin at the end made me think why did he asked that to Eren.
Poor Hanji. She was like in love when talking about Titans.
Aug 26, 2013 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
If all of you manga spoilers could shut the fuck up, that would be great. And please, tone down on the whole "I love Levi<3333" Those type of comments have already been typed countless of times..
Aug 26, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2013
Can you not double post please, let alone triple post?
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Aug 28, 2013 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
Hanji is one mad scientist.
Aug 31, 2013 10:16 PM

Feb 2010
Hanji is an awesome character.
Sep 9, 2013 12:29 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode. We got some information about titans, but I kinda felt bad for them, maybe they are all humans like Eren :|
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Sep 10, 2013 7:41 PM

Dec 2012
Hanji is really cool and weird :)
Albi-kunSep 10, 2013 8:20 PM
Sep 14, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2008
Is it true that no one knows how the walls were built, like the Wall Religion priest said? Do they know how to rebuild the walls or gates if they had time to avoid another attack?

Or is he just spouting a bunch of cult nonsense and saying the walls are sacred?
Sep 14, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2013
GarLogan78 said:
Is it true that no one knows how the walls were built, like the Wall Religion priest said? Do they know how to rebuild the walls or gates if they had time to avoid another attack?

Or is he just spouting a bunch of cult nonsense and saying the walls are sacred?

MAJOR PLOT HOLE FOUND!!!! If titans were all over the place, how the fuck did humanity build walls so big?! That's it, this show automatically sucks now. Dropping it. PLOTHOLES, ASSPULLS, AND DEUS EX EVERYWHERE! Going back to Fairy Tail now.

Zoom in here please.
I really love this small text. I'll give you a serious answer. The last episode's title is called "The Wall". It will clear some things up, and totally distort everything. It's a fucking mystery not even solved in the manga yet.

Or just open this spoiler for an answer (no spoilers, don't worry)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 28, 2013 3:14 PM

May 2012
A lot of new people and the series has gotten a whole different atmosphere around it with the new characters... That glassed woman sure is a bit too obsessed with Titans... Either way a good episode and proper development!
Sep 30, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2011
Hanji is freaking awesome! I swear, there is no character like her.
Oct 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
Again Levi with his badass face ^^
Captain Hanji is crazy,all her experiments on titans and giving them names lol
Captain Erwin looks very smart,he can see things that others can't see,i mean facts :D
And who killed the titans?Very strange...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 7, 2013 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Stark700 said:

Levi End Card

LOL!

Episode a bit too bland, you still wanders, it will serve well to something, but I have too much talk a little bored! Useful information about the giants are interesting, the cliffhanger is compelling. Design and promoted animations! Narrative a little funny, a little ridicule is the so-called neighbors Eren! XD
Oct 7, 2013 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
Heck yeah, until now this anime was a wow factor for me.. but now it got allot more interesting, can't wait to finish it today.
Oct 24, 2013 4:13 PM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
GarLogan78 said:

MAJOR PLOT HOLE FOUND!!!! If titans were all over the place, how the fuck did humanity build walls so big?! That's it, this show automatically sucks now. Dropping it. PLOTHOLES, ASSPULLS, AND DEUS EX EVERYWHERE! Going back to Fairy Tail now.

Zoom in here please.
I really love this small text. I'll give you a serious answer. The last episode's title is called "The Wall". It will clear some things up, and totally distort everything. It's a fucking mystery not even solved in the manga yet.

You're really dropping out this amazing anime because of that? *Massive hurling sigh*

Sure there are some pros and cons to it, but it's nothing worth dropping out for. -.-

Anyway, to get on topic with that episode - Pretty good and it's left me wondering what kind of things would happen in the next episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next, but i'm going to miss Eren and his wicked sick 3D maneuver gear skills, now that he'll just be using his Titan power a lot.
Oct 24, 2013 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
CallMeMatt said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
GarLogan78 said:

Zoom in here please.

You're really dropping out this amazing anime because of that? *Massive hurling sigh*

Sure there are some pros and cons to it, but it's nothing worth dropping out for. -.-

Anyway, to get on topic with that episode - Pretty good and it's left me wondering what kind of things would happen in the next episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next, but i'm going to miss Eren and his wicked sick 3D maneuver gear skills, now that he'll just be using his Titan power a lot.

Hehehehe... Somebody didn't try to read the small text. You can't detect sarcasm.

Once you finish the anime, read the manga, starting chapter 33. The last episode barely leaves with much. Reading the manga, you'll find the revelation of the walls more... shocking. Let's just say humanity didn't build them as to, come across them.

In case you haven't realised yet, I'm a complete fanatic.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Mar 20, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2011
LOL @ Hanji and cleaning Levi. Erwin was mysterious at the end.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 22, 2014 7:47 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode. It provided good insight into Hanji's character. Her interactions with Sawney and Bean was entertaining.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Apr 11, 2014 7:29 PM

Nov 2010
Lmao I love Hanji <3
Too bad Sawney and Bean died... I would've loved to see more experiments with them.

I've been speculating about ever since Eren transformed into a Titan, that if the Colossal Titan isn't just another dude too who can transform and is going against humanity.. I mean the Titan literally appears, makes a hole and disappears again.
May 14, 2014 10:38 PM

Mar 2014
Nooo not Sawney and Bean! They were so young.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 23, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2010
I am getting bored with this...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 13, 2014 12:19 AM

Nov 2013
Hange's rants are so entertaining XP

Aug 16, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Wasn't sure whether to wait for English dub to come out or watch sub, I couldn't wait and after watching, I realise the sub version is much better!!
Aug 17, 2014 12:01 AM

Jun 2013
Episode was okay, nothing special. Lol @ Levi dressed in cleaning clothes.
Aug 17, 2014 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
Hange sure is one crazy person. R.I.P Sawney and Bean.
Sep 10, 2014 3:57 AM

Jan 2014
So someone wants the Recon Corps to stop to make experiments on Titans?
They want to avoid new foundings on how they are?
Those people were seen using 3D Gears, so this makes them soldiers. Is this a Police act?
Or maybe just a faction of them.

They can also be part of Garrisons, for what we know.

For what purpose? Maybe they want to cover that Titans were once humans. That would mean there was once the very first Titan, who were human. Is there some organization that turned a bunch of humans into Titans, who then started destroying humanity? But why? Experiments?

It could be, Eren's dad proved to had the power to transform him into a Titan, so it's possible. What does Eren's dad as a work? What lies in that basement?
Oct 20, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
Cleaning that huge castle lol. Levi looked hot though.

Poor Eren being kept up all night by the crazy science girl and then to find out her Titans were killed.
Nov 17, 2014 12:15 AM

Oct 2013
Golden_oozaru said:
Wasn't sure whether to wait for English dub to come out or watch sub, I couldn't wait and after watching, I realise the sub version is much better!!

You made the right decision.
Dec 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Mar 2014

Legendary
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 20, 2014 3:33 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like all chicks with ponytails are crazy in this show, first we had potato girl and now we have titan girl. No Mikasa in this episode :(
Jan 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Jan 2008
Oh Hanji. :)
Jan 11, 2015 4:04 PM

Nov 2014
Hange and her connection or obsession or whatever you wanna call it with those titans was surely interesting to watch. I really like her though cause she's crazy and fearless. She really didn't seem to mind that Titan trying to chomp on her lmao, she was so fascinated.

That ending though...hm I wonder who killed those titans. D:
Mar 11, 2015 5:00 AM

Sep 2014
Lol that Hanji and her telling..whole night :D
Now search for Titan Killers starts..probably.
Apr 10, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
Dat Levi and Hanji haha.
Nice ending card ^^
Pretty funny episode.
May 26, 2015 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
3/5
May 28, 2015 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
That's such an interesting way to see it, Hanji.
Jul 20, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
Oh so here's where we discuss the episodes! (New here :P)

I agree about the story feeling a little dragged out now. I also loved it's fast pace and action-packed goodness. Even when there wasn't a lot of action each episode seemed to have great value. This episode however was rather boring. I expected to learn more about the titans from Hanji, but didn't really learn anything except that she's nutball crazy lol.
Aug 31, 2015 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
Although I enjoy the fast pace of this anime, I didn't mind the slower pace of this episode. The pace created room for some character development and a little more background on the Titans and human interactions.

It could have been done better but still, considering the shounen genre, it is doing well.
Sep 6, 2015 12:15 AM

Nov 2009
That was hilarious, loved it every time Sawney and Bean attempted to bite Hanji, she really is going to end up dead.
Oct 13, 2015 4:01 AM

Nov 2014
Poor Sawney and Bean
Hanji is cray cray
Sooo if titans don't actually weigh anything (despite making the ground shake when they walk and being able to cause a ton of damage), then maybe that means they materialize in the same way the Colossal titan vanished? He turned into steam, right? But with that logic, they could just materialize on the inside of the wall if they wanted to, so maybe I missed something.
Oct 25, 2015 12:26 PM
Oct 2015
5/5 informative and slow Episode, still nicely done.
Mar 6, 2016 3:35 PM

Apr 2015
Levi would do fine as a houseman =P
Aug 15, 2016 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm interesting. So Eren finally got to the scouting squad. The people there are pretty special I would say. That scene on the horse at the beginning, wtf was that? This guy is such an idiot.

I like Petra. She has a nice character and seemed like a mother type of person when she talked to Eren.
Levi and his cleaning habit lol. Of course Eren had to clean the rooms again after Levi was controlling them :D

Hanji is also such a crazy person, but I think more in a good way. So she's the person who does the experiments on the titans and we heard and saw the things she's doing with them. There were a lot of interesting things to know, especially that the titans are light, even if they're really tall. That would explain how this giant titan could appear and disappear that fast. Poor Eren listened to her stories until the next morning.

Hmm someone killed the titans, the question is who and why. They were so important to learn more about the titans. What confused me a little bit was the question of Erwin to Eren "Who do you think is the enemy?". With that I have some theories. I'm curious if something will be right of that.

Hopefully next episode we will see what's up with Mikasa and Armin.

Oct 27, 2016 3:59 AM

Jul 2008
Cleaning Levi....I hear the fangirls now.

Hanji is absolutely awesome.
Apr 3, 2017 4:49 AM

Dec 2014
well honji is sure is interesting...I am glad that there is a mad scientist like this...in the show...
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

36 by InsomniacBastard »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.