Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 3 Discussion


Jul 22, 2013 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 165
Miyu is very boring, even for her character type. Love her in battle though! Hope we get to see more soon.
 
Jul 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Calculating the volume of a cone from first principles. She was doing it 5 years earlier than I did LOL And 6.09 seconds for 50m?! Not a chance can Illya beat her -- though I wish they at least showed that Illya is already almost super-human when it comes to running before showing this race.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jul 22, 2013 1:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5745
Nice episode. Luvia getting kick in the face was hilarious.

"A mysterious transfer student appears, huh"
"You see this a lot in magical girls series"

I like how they broke the 4th wall there.

Sapphire's voice sounds familiar, I research a bit and that its the same VA
who voiced Kuuko from Haiyore Nyaruko series.

Taiga is damn funny. Miyu is rather interesting. I kinda like her magical clothing for some perverted reason. *ahem*

Anyway...episode number is a bit confusing. MAL says its 10 episodes while ANN its 12 episodes. Hoping it'll be 12. Because 10 is too damn short!
 
Jul 22, 2013 2:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5210
Magito said:
Anyway...episode number is a bit confusing. MAL says its 10 episodes while ANN its 12 episodes. Hoping it'll be 12. Because 10 is too damn short!
ANN always sets it to 12 episodes by default when they don't know the exact episode count yet.
And it's already known that there will be 5 BD volumes with 2 episodes each, for a total of 10 episodes. It's actually enough as it will only cover the first series that has 13 chapters + 1 epilogue.
Just hope for a second season.
 
Jul 22, 2013 2:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Magito said:
Anyway...episode number is a bit confusing. MAL says its 10 episodes while ANN its 12 episodes. Hoping it'll be 12. Because 10 is too damn short!
Well, this time ANN has it wrong. That's it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jul 22, 2013 3:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Magito said:

"A mysterious transfer student appears, huh"
"You see this a lot in magical girls series"

I like how they broke the 4th wall there.


That's one of the upsides of having the lead character be anime otaku. Illya is the type of character who most likely has seen the entirety of CCS, Nanoha and Madoka and most likely spent whole time Madoka was airing posting speculations about it.

MelbShaw said:
Homura v.2?
.


This is to extent hilarious


And it would technically be Homura 0.5, since this was released before Madoka.
 
Jul 22, 2013 6:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5745
belatkuro said:
ANN always sets it to 12 episodes by default when they don't know the exact episode count yet.
And it's already known that there will be 5 BD volumes with 2 episodes each, for a total of 10 episodes. It's actually enough as it will only cover the first series that has 13 chapters + 1 epilogue.
Just hope for a second season.


symbv said:
Well, this time ANN has it wrong. That's it.


Aww...That sucks. Well I'm crossing my fingers for a second seaosn.
 
Jul 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1262
hah great episode ^^

can't wait for next :D
 
Jul 22, 2013 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 150
nice episode...

that Miyu has an advance knowledge than Taiga...LOL

love her innocent expressions....

xD
 
Jul 23, 2013 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8562
Oh my dat 4th wall : 0

Miyu is perfect XD

Ilya got some background on her line of work + Class Cards too.

Lol @ Taiga's reaction. Math, art and cooking class XD. I understood what Miyu did there during class

Will we see Gilgamesh Class Card?
 
Jul 23, 2013 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16925
AnimeFan500 said:
Oh my dat 4th wall : 0

Miyu is perfect XD

Ilya got some background on her line of work + Class Cards too.

Lol @ Taiga's reaction. Math, art and cooking class XD. I understood what Miyu did there during class

Will we see Gilgamesh Class Card?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 24, 2013 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 75
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".
 
Jul 25, 2013 3:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 223
kaiten said:
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".


The crazy thing is they learn this at elementary school. Even I started learning integral calculation when I was in high school.
 
Jul 25, 2013 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16925
yusei_fudo said:
kaiten said:
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".


The crazy thing is they learn this at elementary school. Even I started learning integral calculation when I was in high school.
They dont.That's why Taiga was all "wtf"?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 603
Taiga was hilarious, and Miyua... SHE'S A REAL GENIUS XO
 
Jul 26, 2013 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
kaiten said:
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".
Not always. Quite often they copied the math from some textbook and so the calculation is usually correct (unless they copied it wrong lol). Made-up math only occurs when it is about made-up science. Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I love to see the volume of a cone to be derived from first principles LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jul 26, 2013 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 957
Not a bad episode. I guess I have to wait next week for the action. Hopefully they will cover more of Miyu soon, since right now she is just too perfect and got the whole serious I can do it alone act. I'm curious on her whole reason of fighting.
 
Jul 26, 2013 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
symbv said:
kaiten said:
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".
Not always. Quite often they copied the math from some textbook and so the calculation is usually correct (unless they copied it wrong lol). Made-up math only occurs when it is about made-up science. Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I love to see the volume of a cone to be derived from first principles LOL


That's still impressive.

The show staff did not assume its viewers are dumb "and won't understand it anyway" and they made sure it makes some sense instead of writing random stuff. At first it seems to be such a small stuff, but it actually shows that the staff does not hold the viewers for fools, which is more than refreshing, considering the stupidity one can find.
 
Jul 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16925
DivineTrinity said:
I'm curious on her whole reason of fighting.
This is gonna take long.Toooooo long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 26, 2013 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
ssjokg said:
DivineTrinity said:
I'm curious on her whole reason of fighting.
This is gonna take long.Toooooo long.


lol.

Trying to explain ANYTHING from this show would take way too long. And yet it all makes sense. Truly part of nasuverse.

I pray to gods we get S2 and S3 adapted at some point in time.
 
Jul 26, 2013 2:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 957
ssjokg said:
DivineTrinity said:
I'm curious on her whole reason of fighting.
This is gonna take long.Toooooo long.


Long as in it will take a whole episode, since they cover the whole card part well this ep, or do you mean I have to hope like everyone else that S2 and 3 gets adapted since it won't happen this season?
 
Jul 26, 2013 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16925
DivineTrinity said:
ssjokg said:
DivineTrinity said:
I'm curious on her whole reason of fighting.
This is gonna take long.Toooooo long.


Long as in it will take a whole episode, since they cover the whole card part well this ep, or do you mean I have to hope like everyone else that S2 and 3 gets adapted since it won't happen this season?
Long as in end of S2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 26, 2013 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1353
Hooray for buruma.
Traditional mahou shoujo at its finest.
 
Jul 26, 2013 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
Alright episode.
Nothing exciting or interesting
 
Jul 27, 2013 12:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
volume = pi?
brb integrals not even once
 
Jul 27, 2013 5:06 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1262
Having the better "half" come in an best you in all ways....... yep... one of those.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Jul 27, 2013 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2472
This series is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I will say this though I'm really not liking Miyu and this is coming from someone who usually really like this archetype with one of my favorite characters Homura being one of them.
She just seems really boring and bland, instead of mysterious and cool.
 
Jul 27, 2013 5:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 9443
Fai said:
symbv said:
kaiten said:
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".
Not always. Quite often they copied the math from some textbook and so the calculation is usually correct (unless they copied it wrong lol). Made-up math only occurs when it is about made-up science. Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I love to see the volume of a cone to be derived from first principles LOL


That's still impressive.

The show staff did not assume its viewers are dumb "and won't understand it anyway" and they made sure it makes some sense instead of writing random stuff. At first it seems to be such a small stuff, but it actually shows that the staff does not hold the viewers for fools, which is more than refreshing, considering the stupidity one can find.


To be true to myself I learned integrals and more than that. But I forgot it even tho' it was 1 and a half year ago since I last did anything math related on that level. But I was curious if anyone commented if it's right or wrong and was pleased to see that it was indeed correct. Good episode too 5/5 :).
 
Jul 28, 2013 12:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1465
ao_no_exo said:
Fai said:
symbv said:
kaiten said:
anyone else impressed that the integral calculation was actually correct? this means at least one person working on this knows basic math. usually the math in anime is made up because "lol who cares".
Not always. Quite often they copied the math from some textbook and so the calculation is usually correct (unless they copied it wrong lol). Made-up math only occurs when it is about made-up science. Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I love to see the volume of a cone to be derived from first principles LOL


That's still impressive.

The show staff did not assume its viewers are dumb "and won't understand it anyway" and they made sure it makes some sense instead of writing random stuff. At first it seems to be such a small stuff, but it actually shows that the staff does not hold the viewers for fools, which is more than refreshing, considering the stupidity one can find.


To be true to myself I learned integrals and more than that. But I forgot it even tho' it was 1 and a half year ago since I last did anything math related on that level. But I was curious if anyone commented if it's right or wrong and was pleased to see that it was indeed correct. Good episode too 5/5 :).
the result is right but i just wonder why not using the cylindrical references instead of cartesian ones


 
Jul 28, 2013 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3817
Fun episode. I'm really liking the soundtrack and how you can hear some of the F/SN VN OST in there. And Taiga is great.
 
Jul 28, 2013 11:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 23
If you forget about all the Type Moon refernces, this is really just a very classic Mahou Shoujo... With this episode I finally realised.
But there's still the Loli- Fanservice and the over the top fights coming up later that keep me exited.
 
Jul 28, 2013 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
oipurca said:
If you forget about all the Type Moon refernces, this is really just a very classic Mahou Shoujo... With this episode I finally realised.


Wrong.

 
Jul 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1447
i smell yuri! ahhhha ha ha ha ha ha
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
 
Jul 28, 2013 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5345
So they wanna explore every possible cliche with this show? Way to go! :D (I guess story doesn't matter much with this show).

Taiga being seduced by Miyu's cooking, lol ^__^ Also, Rin and Luvia fight was adorable! :)) And Ilya in classic bloomers, yay!

Miyu reminds me of Homura and it was funny when castle appeared near Ilya's house :)
 
Jul 28, 2013 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Mich666 said:
(I guess story doesn't matter much with this show).


AHAHAHHAH.

...
Let's just say it this way - the story in the first season matters as much as in fate route.

As in
 
Jul 28, 2013 3:25 PM
Observer

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5274
Mich666 said:
(I guess story doesn't matter much with this show).


I see this series severely suffers from the same fate Valvrave suffered. Is this the new mantra? Is there some anime guru out there proclaiming the failure of this series on MAL? I understand less and less the behavior of MAL users. I guess my tastes are diverging from mainstream now?

Honestly, I am not seeing what is wrong with this series and how it managed to get so much bashing compared to generic LN #1004 that get adapted every season. Also Fate/kaleid >> most other magical girls series airing in this season.

In any case, can't wait until they animate all the battle sequences.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
Jul 28, 2013 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16925
wakka9ca said:
Mich666 said:
(I guess story doesn't matter much with this show).


I see this series severely suffers from the same fate Valvrave suffered. Is this the new mantra? Is there some anime guru out there proclaiming the failure of this series on MAL? I understand less and less the behavior of MAL users. I guess my tastes are diverging from mainstream now?

Honestly, I am not seeing what is wrong with this series and how it managed to get so much bashing compared to generic LN #1004 that get adapted every season. Also Fate/kaleid >> most other magical girls series airing in this season.

In any case, can't wait until they animate all the battle sequences.
If it has one bad thing(except Shirou's hair lol) is that it is aired on the net one week before the tv broadcast,which would be fine if there wasnt any rips around.Now I have to watch battles in PIXEL quality in order to get my fix.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 28, 2013 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 4284
epic Taiga is epic lol
 
Jul 28, 2013 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
wakka9ca said:
Mich666 said:
(I guess story doesn't matter much with this show).


I see this series severely suffers from the same fate Valvrave suffered. Is this the new mantra? Is there some anime guru out there proclaiming the failure of this series on MAL? I understand less and less the behavior of MAL users. I guess my tastes are diverging from mainstream now?

Honestly, I am not seeing what is wrong with this series and how it managed to get so much bashing compared to generic LN #1004 that get adapted every season. Also Fate/kaleid >> most other magical girls series airing in this season.

In any case, can't wait until they animate all the battle sequences.


^this.

In fact I would say this is second most accurate fate franchise adaptation after fate/0. In fact A LOT of how these episodes went reminds me of first few "days" in beginning of FSN - you had all the characters slowly getting introduced, some comedic gags being thrown in there and then sudden shifts into action stuff which arguably got more and more serious as it went on, at the same time having characters explain the concepts by which the nasuverse works.

This essentially is doing the same thing. We are taught of concepts like magecraft, noble phantasms, heroic spirits, throne of heroes, parallel realities, etc. By this alone, this already beats the original deen's FSN . At the same time show does a good job at establishing the commonly features locations and introducing character cast.

Its the problem with people seeing what they want to see.

A LOT of people wrote off Madoka in first episode or so and only paid attention after third, DESPITE the first two episodes already showcasing the same kind of mood and same kind of storytelling. The viewers had to be beaten over head with brutality to take it seriously.

With Prisma Illya its combinations of multiple problems of perception:
.
1. Being Uneducated in Type Moon stuff - First of all people write it off as a "spin off" not realizing the nature of nasuverse and how all universes in it are canon, etc. Its a notion that there's only one "continuity" and nothing else around it matters, which is opposite of what nasuverse is.

2.genre stereotypes Second of all people write it off because "eww magical girls", which really brings out hypocrisy in people, since the same people putting this show down are throwing around the praise towards certain derivative lifeless madoka-clone show that is currently airing and won't be named. Its sad that all those people got from Madoka that "mahou shoujo shows only are worthy when they start doing blatant gruesome stuff", instead of the true message of that show - that the genre does not necessarily define the experience. In reality Prisma Illya is Gurren Lagann to Madoka's Evangelion.

3. Sexism Its a show with two empowered female leads and two empowered supporting female show and MAL by its very nature is VERY misogynist and sexist community, so half the people write it off because "eww girls, they will obviously do girly stuff and nothing badass". That's also why GL did not face these problems - because that show had a helpless female and manly manly men from the beginning, even when it was supposedly boring, so it appealed to the viewer's inner misogyny.

4.narrative mood stereotypes - Quite a few people nowadays have no comprehension that comedy and grimdark can perfectly go together. Same people called FMA:B "disjointed"(because of its nature of mood shifts) and could not appreciate quite a few works thanks to that. For such people the VERY IDEA that Prisma Illya HAS lighter moments for some reason automatically means there's no grimdark.


Its depressing really, because this is arguably one of THE best shows airing this season. And yet people would rather put this show down due to closemindedness and then go around cheering for complete trainwrecks like Neptunia
 
Jul 29, 2013 2:07 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 5499
Best episode so far. Miyu is my favorite character so far
Modified by thepath, Jul 29, 2013 2:12 AM
 
Jul 29, 2013 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 3934
Everyone's hopes and dreams have been crushed by Miyu. . .

I still like Rin the best ^^

The teacher, haha xD

 
Jul 30, 2013 1:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 223
Saburo-kun said:
Everyone's hopes and dreams have been crushed by Miyu. . .

I still like Rin the best ^^

The teacher, haha xD


Taiga is the best teacher. ZUBABABABABABABABATS....
 
Jul 30, 2013 2:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Forgetfulness said:
symbv said:
Calculating the volume of a cone from first principles. She was doing it 5 years earlier than I did LOL And 6.09 seconds for 50m?! Not a chance can Illya beat her -- though I wish they at least showed that Illya is already almost super-human when it comes to running before showing this race.

Woah. Wait is Illya even a homunculus in F/KL? Cause I know I read in F/SN today that she can NOT run very well cause of some stuff


That is....tricky to answer.

 
Jul 30, 2013 5:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16925
Fai said:
Forgetfulness said:
symbv said:
Calculating the volume of a cone from first principles. She was doing it 5 years earlier than I did LOL And 6.09 seconds for 50m?! Not a chance can Illya beat her -- though I wish they at least showed that Illya is already almost super-human when it comes to running before showing this race.

Woah. Wait is Illya even a homunculus in F/KL? Cause I know I read in F/SN today that she can NOT run very well cause of some stuff


That is....tricky to answer.

Well she still has
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 30, 2013 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Fun episode, more Taiga is always good
 
Jul 31, 2013 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 768
Nothing to complain about waiting for the next episode.
 
Jul 31, 2013 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 69
Fai said:


In fact I would say this is second most accurate fate franchise adaptation after fate/0. In fact A LOT of how these episodes went reminds me of first few "days" in beginning of FSN - you had all the characters slowly getting introduced, some comedic gags being thrown in there and then sudden shifts into action stuff which arguably got more and more serious as it went on, at the same time having characters explain the concepts by which the nasuverse works.

This essentially is doing the same thing. We are taught of concepts like magecraft, noble phantasms, heroic spirits, throne of heroes, parallel realities, etc. By this alone, this already beats the original deen's FSN . At the same time show does a good job at establishing the commonly features locations and introducing character cast.

Its the problem with people seeing what they want to see.

A LOT of people wrote off Madoka in first episode or so and only paid attention after third, DESPITE the first two episodes already showcasing the same kind of mood and same kind of storytelling. The viewers had to be beaten over head with brutality to take it seriously.

With Prisma Illya its combinations of multiple problems of perception:


And this is why the 3 episode rule exists.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
 
Aug 14, 2013 4:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 445
Kamina__ said:
loli ass

nuff said
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]