Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 28, 2013 11:21 AM
Jul 2013
If you forget about all the Type Moon refernces, this is really just a very classic Mahou Shoujo... With this episode I finally realised.
But there's still the Loli- Fanservice and the over the top fights coming up later that keep me exited.
Jul 28, 2013 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
oipurca said:
If you forget about all the Type Moon refernces, this is really just a very classic Mahou Shoujo... With this episode I finally realised.

Wrong.

Jul 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
i smell yuri! ahhhha ha ha ha ha ha
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 28, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
So they wanna explore every possible cliche with this show? Way to go! :D (I guess story doesn't matter much with this show).

Taiga being seduced by Miyu's cooking, lol ^__^ Also, Rin and Luvia fight was adorable! :)) And Ilya in classic bloomers, yay!

Miyu reminds me of Homura and it was funny when castle appeared near Ilya's house :)
Jul 28, 2013 2:30 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
(I guess story doesn't matter much with this show).

AHAHAHHAH.

Let's just say it this way - the story in the first season matters as much as in fate route.

As in
Jul 28, 2013 3:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Mich666 said:

I see this series severely suffers from the same fate Valvrave suffered. Is this the new mantra? Is there some anime guru out there proclaiming the failure of this series on MAL? I understand less and less the behavior of MAL users. I guess my tastes are diverging from mainstream now?

Honestly, I am not seeing what is wrong with this series and how it managed to get so much bashing compared to generic LN #1004 that get adapted every season. Also Fate/kaleid >> most other magical girls series airing in this season.

In any case, can't wait until they animate all the battle sequences.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 28, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
Mich666 said:

I see this series severely suffers from the same fate Valvrave suffered. Is this the new mantra? Is there some anime guru out there proclaiming the failure of this series on MAL? I understand less and less the behavior of MAL users. I guess my tastes are diverging from mainstream now?

Honestly, I am not seeing what is wrong with this series and how it managed to get so much bashing compared to generic LN #1004 that get adapted every season. Also Fate/kaleid >> most other magical girls series airing in this season.

If it has one bad thing(except Shirou's hair lol) is that it is aired on the net one week before the tv broadcast,which would be fine if there wasnt any rips around.Now I have to watch battles in PIXEL quality in order to get my fix.
Jul 28, 2013 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
epic Taiga is epic lol
Jul 28, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2007
wakka9ca said:
Mich666 said:

^this.

In fact I would say this is second most accurate fate franchise adaptation after fate/0. In fact A LOT of how these episodes went reminds me of first few "days" in beginning of FSN - you had all the characters slowly getting introduced, some comedic gags being thrown in there and then sudden shifts into action stuff which arguably got more and more serious as it went on, at the same time having characters explain the concepts by which the nasuverse works.

This essentially is doing the same thing. We are taught of concepts like magecraft, noble phantasms, heroic spirits, throne of heroes, parallel realities, etc. By this alone, this already beats the original deen's FSN . At the same time show does a good job at establishing the commonly features locations and introducing character cast.

Its the problem with people seeing what they want to see.

A LOT of people wrote off Madoka in first episode or so and only paid attention after third, DESPITE the first two episodes already showcasing the same kind of mood and same kind of storytelling. The viewers had to be beaten over head with brutality to take it seriously.

With Prisma Illya its combinations of multiple problems of perception:
1. Being Uneducated in Type Moon stuff - First of all people write it off as a "spin off" not realizing the nature of nasuverse and how all universes in it are canon, etc. Its a notion that there's only one "continuity" and nothing else around it matters, which is opposite of what nasuverse is.

2.genre stereotypes Second of all people write it off because "eww magical girls", which really brings out hypocrisy in people, since the same people putting this show down are throwing around the praise towards certain derivative lifeless madoka-clone show that is currently airing and won't be named. Its sad that all those people got from Madoka that "mahou shoujo shows only are worthy when they start doing blatant gruesome stuff", instead of the true message of that show - that the genre does not necessarily define the experience. In reality Prisma Illya is Gurren Lagann to Madoka's Evangelion.

3. Sexism Its a show with two empowered female leads and two empowered supporting female show and MAL by its very nature is VERY misogynist and sexist community, so half the people write it off because "eww girls, they will obviously do girly stuff and nothing badass". That's also why GL did not face these problems - because that show had a helpless female and manly manly men from the beginning, even when it was supposedly boring, so it appealed to the viewer's inner misogyny.

4.narrative mood stereotypes - Quite a few people nowadays have no comprehension that comedy and grimdark can perfectly go together. Same people called FMA:B "disjointed"(because of its nature of mood shifts) and could not appreciate quite a few works thanks to that. For such people the VERY IDEA that Prisma Illya HAS lighter moments for some reason automatically means there's no grimdark.

Its depressing really, because this is arguably one of THE best shows airing this season. And yet people would rather put this show down due to closemindedness and then go around cheering for complete trainwrecks like Neptunia
Jul 29, 2013 2:07 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far. Miyu is my favorite character so far
thepathJul 29, 2013 2:12 AM
Jul 29, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
Everyone's hopes and dreams have been crushed by Miyu. . .

I still like Rin the best ^^

The teacher, haha xD

Jul 30, 2013 1:43 AM

Aug 2010
Saburo-kun said:
Everyone's hopes and dreams have been crushed by Miyu. . .

I still like Rin the best ^^

The teacher, haha xD

Taiga is the best teacher. ZUBABABABABABABABATS....
Jul 30, 2013 2:17 AM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
symbv said:
Calculating the volume of a cone from first principles. She was doing it 5 years earlier than I did LOL And 6.09 seconds for 50m?! Not a chance can Illya beat her -- though I wish they at least showed that Illya is already almost super-human when it comes to running before showing this race.

Woah. Wait is Illya even a homunculus in F/KL? Cause I know I read in F/SN today that she can NOT run very well cause of some stuff

That is....tricky to answer.

Jul 30, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Forgetfulness said:
symbv said:
Calculating the volume of a cone from first principles. She was doing it 5 years earlier than I did LOL And 6.09 seconds for 50m?! Not a chance can Illya beat her -- though I wish they at least showed that Illya is already almost super-human when it comes to running before showing this race.

Woah. Wait is Illya even a homunculus in F/KL? Cause I know I read in F/SN today that she can NOT run very well cause of some stuff

That is....tricky to answer.

Well she still has
Jul 30, 2013 12:21 PM

Nov 2010
Fun episode, more Taiga is always good
Jul 31, 2013 1:38 PM

Oct 2012
Nothing to complain about waiting for the next episode.
Jul 31, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
Fai said:

In fact I would say this is second most accurate fate franchise adaptation after fate/0. In fact A LOT of how these episodes went reminds me of first few "days" in beginning of FSN - you had all the characters slowly getting introduced, some comedic gags being thrown in there and then sudden shifts into action stuff which arguably got more and more serious as it went on, at the same time having characters explain the concepts by which the nasuverse works.

This essentially is doing the same thing. We are taught of concepts like magecraft, noble phantasms, heroic spirits, throne of heroes, parallel realities, etc. By this alone, this already beats the original deen's FSN . At the same time show does a good job at establishing the commonly features locations and introducing character cast.

Its the problem with people seeing what they want to see.

A LOT of people wrote off Madoka in first episode or so and only paid attention after third, DESPITE the first two episodes already showcasing the same kind of mood and same kind of storytelling. The viewers had to be beaten over head with brutality to take it seriously.

With Prisma Illya its combinations of multiple problems of perception:

And this is why the 3 episode rule exists.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Aug 14, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2012
Kamina__ said:
loli ass

nuff said
Aug 30, 2013 2:51 AM

May 2012
02:05 OHOHOHOHOHO

02:33 Oh My Luviasama <3 i could do u alnite

05:24 OHOHOHOHO

06:20 transfer student, again

14:46 TILF <3

Grrrr bad drawing+coloring, as usual.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 1, 2013 2:23 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode a bit dull, but everything is offset by the humor shown by classmates of Ilya and Tiger sensei! LOL At least she is still the same! XD
Beautiful designs, but the thing that does not please me, the faces are a little skinny and ugly, I hope that it is better to be redone in the BD version. Animations and backdrops good!
The new character is too stereotypical! Originality me away!
Oct 14, 2013 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, Luvia's laugh is epic!!
Rin's kick is epic too xD

Suzuka-channnn!!!!!!!!!! Her drawing is the best xD
Lol still the old Taiga-sensei... Love everything about food
Eh, Taiga-sensei is a teacher in all subjects?

Well, Ilya definitely run faster when Rider chasing her
Next ep, vs. caster!
"Signature removed"
Apr 8, 2014 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Why Rin & Luvia are always fighting :

Oh Miyu being so so so Tsundere xD but she will regret,as all tsunderes do.I was hoping that her voice would be a little cutier,maybe thats because she speaks with a tsundere voice xD
Illya so cute <3 Kawaii
Miyu you will regret what you said,oh yes you will :D
I love those arts/images that appear in the end of each episode ^^
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 10, 2014 2:51 PM

Jul 2013
not sure if miyu or homura

also fate without saber is not fate
Jun 10, 2014 3:17 PM

Jul 2007
retepeters said:

Except that FSN's Saber is literally maybe only 1/5th of Fate franchise.

The three routes of FSN have her(and even then she is only really important in one out of three routes).
Fate/Zero has her.

F/KLP sort of does not have her
Fate/Apocrypha does not have her.
Fate/Extra does not have her.
Fate/EXtra CCC does not have her.
Jun 11, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2013
retepeters said:
not sure if miyu or homura

Prisma Illya appeared 3-4 years before Madoka Magica. And the transfer student who excels at everything is hardly something new in the Magical Girl genre (Seriously, is Madoka Magica the only Magical Girl anime people nowadays know?).

Fate is Fate, even without Saber. If we're talking about character appearances, Rin has more than Artoria Pendragon.
Aug 16, 2014 6:57 PM
Jan 2012
Miyu is so fucking boring. I hate those emotionless "calm and collected" characters.

I hope there is an explanation for her being good at everything.

Anyways, the humor in this show is very good. It is amusing to watch the characters doing crazy stuff.
Aug 19, 2014 7:19 PM

Nov 2012
Where did Miyu acquire all those skills from? Is she an alien?
Oct 9, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2013
Haven't touched anything related to Fate/kaleid liner before, but I get the feeling that there's more to this than one might first expect. I've read the F/SN visual novel and watched F/Z, so that's my experience with the Fate series so far.

It's not bad! I'm interested to find out more about this part of the Nasuverse. Helps that Illya is one of my favourite characters from F/SN certainly, but I'm interested in everything going on here based on these first few episodes. It's nice in general to see some characters from F/SN in this. Pacing is also solid. Comedy is good (to me at least). Visuals and sound are also good.
Nov 1, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
What a funny episode xD Myo-chan using her talented skills in school were fantastic!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 4, 2014 11:23 AM

May 2012
That teacher sure was fun this episode :p pretty nice episode if I say so myself...
Jan 14, 2015 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure Illya is one of the cutest anime girls I've ever seen.

And Taiga is as amusing as ever :3
Feb 9, 2015 5:11 AM

Dec 2013
That teacher is quite annoying...
But I like the transfer student and her quote "you don't have to fight". She let me think of Akemi Homura
May 4, 2015 4:04 PM

Jun 2014
I love Sapphire's voice, its so calm and soothing, she would be more reasonable to deal with than Ruby-chan.

May 15, 2015 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
They really tried to put every cliche in this they could possibly think of haha
Jun 27, 2015 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
Miyu = Syaoran so far
Jun 28, 2015 6:47 PM

May 2014
Tatsuko best girl! Also sensei is awesome, love her reactions xD
Sep 20, 2015 4:31 AM

Jan 2012
Man the teacher needs to shut the fuck up and stop screaming.

Aug 5, 2016 2:16 AM

Sep 2015
^This Guy has no appreciation for Tiaga Sensei :O ......... Also nice Tiger Dojo reference with the gym cloths.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 26, 2016 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Blondie is pretty cocky for someone, who actually did nothing. It was great to see Rin kicking her. Her obnoxious laugh is even more annoying than usual.

The new ( magical ) girl of course transfers into Illyas' class and has of course the seat in the back row at the window. She is seemingly perfect, but has probably a rather ridiculous weak spot. She acts all high and mighty and is a total dick, because she can have a change of mind later and they become BFFs.

The teacher is really hopeless and annoying. Can't they just kill her already? Or at least use a spell, that prevents her from opening her mouth.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 14, 2017 12:21 AM

Jul 2009
That Luvia's laugh! OHOHOHOHOHO

Miyu is too cold stern. Still how do you build a mansion overnight :O

Can't wait for caster!
Jun 15, 2017 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
Forgot the end card!

Oct 14, 2017 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
aaand it's Exposition Time! not that i mind, of course, since i wanted the setting of the story to be more developed. but you know... this feels almost a copy-paste of the Fate-lore except with magical girls added to the mix.
if they were going to make a magical girl spin-off, shouldn't they, i don't know, at least try to make it have a different flavor? i love when the lore is changed appropriately with the setting, when an AU is created off a piece of fiction (mostly seen in fanfics). but the setting here feels extremely unoriginal as it appears the writer couldn't think of a new base to write this story on and borrowed most of the concepts directly without even moving them around a little bit.

development wise the episode felt a bit traditional in the sense that the protag realizes the rival is better than her with the obligatory line from the rival that they should stop trying. though they did take it a bit far in he end with the new neighbor thing but that doesn't really help it stand out much.
wonder if Miyu's a Homunculus?

P.S.
Why is Rin's letter displayed with a horror track? XD
Apr 3, 2019 11:53 PM

Feb 2018
Woah even though she was still small but could do everything. surprisingly, Ilya lost in running.
Aug 12, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. We can't really research cards, as their theories are too complicated, but we can use them for power, so let's do it, and it totally isn't dangerous at all!.. ;p Well, yeah.. ;p Watch out for cards..
Miyu's crotch shots in her magical form.. Ahem.. ;p Not that I'm against.. ;p
Honestly, making Miyu genius in some disciplines, but not all would be nicer, but eh.. I don't know, but she'd be more charming character, if she'd be closer to reality..
Ehhhh.. It feels like anime creators are deliberately trying to make everyone except Illya questionable characters.. ;D Are they trying to lower expectations, and then strike with goodness or something?.. Man..
Well, in the end Miyu wasn't really that hostile near mansion entrance, maybe even realized she was a bit too cold, just maybe.. Or what was with her embarrassed glances to the side, I wonder.. Well, let's see, what's next..
Dec 11, 2019 7:54 AM

Dec 2018
Yeah, just met yesterday night and next thing you wanna know is now they're on the same school ! Magic....

Miyu could be silently trying to show off.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 2, 2020 4:00 AM

Dec 2014
so there are seven cards...three found...wanna see what happens when she activates archer card
Apr 12, 2020 7:10 AM
Sep 2019
This show just reads my mind.

Me: oh, surprise, a transfer student, how clichéd
Magic wand: oh, a transfer student, if this isn't clichéd... xD

I hope it keeps on this path!
Jun 8, 2020 3:36 PM

Oct 2007
mysterious new transfer student with amazing skills. Cliched, but still enjoyable.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.