Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Hajime no Ippo' to Have Third Season Due This Fall

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 3, 2013 9:50 PM
Mar 2010
Yehey! Even though I haven't watch the first 2 seasons. Lol
Aug 5, 2013 7:01 AM

Apr 2010
Looking forward to this! Currently watching the first anime. will definitely get it all done with plenty of time before this one. :D
Aug 5, 2013 7:14 AM

May 2012
i need to retake the first anime...and then watch the 2 season and this
Aug 20, 2013 2:46 AM

Aug 2011
Yoshiteru said:
This year's greatest news.. i even punch my book when reading this xD

"The new anime season will pick-up after the end of Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, after Mamoru Takamura became the WBC Junior Middleweight Champion after defeating Bryan Hawk. This season's highlight is Ippo Makunouchi's match against Ryuhei Sawamura, a boxer that stopped the former's special move, the Dempsey Roll."

Source: jefusion

That sounds to me like a 2-cour series. I was hoping it would end up quite a bit longer than that. But if the first ~14 episodes are spent on Ippo's fourth title defense, Takamura's first title defense, Aoki's title match, and Itagaki's rookie championships, maybe pushed a couple episodes further with some Kumi-based storyline, then it would leave ~6-10 episodes for the Sawamura match to be the highlight of the series and a brief epilogue/set-up for the next series, which would be in like, another 4+ years.

Unless there's some more storyline that happens in between those events, but that's based on what I've read in the previous 9 pages. I haven't read the manga (yet).

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Aug 21, 2013 8:05 PM
Apr 2013
I'm still halfway through 'New Challenger'. Good to know that when i finish i'll be straight on to the next new season.
Aug 23, 2013 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Cast & Staff announced:

Rikiya Koyama as Mamoru Takamura
Daisuke Namikawa as Manabu Itagaki
Keiji Fujiwara as Tatsuya Kimura
Kohei Kiyasu as Ippo Makunouchi
Wataru Takagi as Masaru Aoki

Also more staff info in link:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-23/hajime-no-ippo-rising-tv-anime-cast-staff-announced
Aug 23, 2013 3:03 PM

Nov 2009
Finally!! It's been 3 years since Rikiya Koyama confirmed it on twitter!
Ero-Sennin got nothing on me.

Aug 25, 2013 7:36 AM

May 2013
fuck yeah !! It's about damn time to have season 3 of this anime .. I hope it would be a long one like 50 episode season maybe ?? It's really that good ! One of the best sports manga ever
Aug 26, 2013 4:37 AM

Oct 2007
Just one month left to watch whole HnI... I'll try, from what I heard, anime is even better than already awesome manga.
Sep 3, 2013 1:28 AM
Feb 2012
forreal!? damn this is amazing news show of the year!
Sep 8, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2012
I haven't seen the first two seasons of this anime, but I will try to catch up until fall because I heard this anime is great. I also like to watch anime that are airing at the time I watch them :D
KamaxSep 8, 2013 9:16 AM
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Sep 8, 2013 12:40 PM
Sep 8, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2010
i guess its alright :/
Sep 8, 2013 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
I loved New Challenger and that was 25 episodes. As long as the pacing is appropiate and it remains epic and funny as before, I won't have any complaints about the lenght.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 8, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2012
okay it's finally here..

always waiting for this, though i prefer the manga a lot..

25 episode? that's fine for me
Sep 8, 2013 10:54 PM

Jan 2009

cool but where is my preview? i wanna see some glorious animation
Sep 16, 2013 3:03 AM

Apr 2010
25 episodes... As long as the pacing is okay. Some people were saying it looks like it'll cover 150 odd chapters of the manga(started reading it, couldn't wait for the anime!), but in 25 episodes they can't. I wish they'd just do a longer running anime like the first! :(
Sep 21, 2013 1:17 AM

Jan 2013
As I checked out the new seasons characters I couldn't seem to find Kumi there at all?

I always found it amusing to watch their relationship play out hopefully they get some more development
Sep 24, 2013 1:41 PM
Sep 25, 2013 7:45 AM

Oct 2007
Progeusz, in August said:
Just one month left to watch whole HnI... I'll try, from what I heard, anime is even better than already awesome manga.
Wow, I managed to do that, didn't expect that. Once i started to watch the show it was hard to stop, everything in less than two weeks. Been a long time since I marathoned something longer than twelve episodes. Now I can't wait for another HnI episode!

Deperil said:
As I checked out the new seasons characters I couldn't seem to find Kumi there at all?
In my opinion it's better to completely cut out Kumi scenes than let her new seiyuu voice her. She isn't cute at all.

e: typo
ProgeuszSep 25, 2013 9:42 AM
Sep 26, 2013 4:26 AM
Feb 2011
Doaj said:
Yoshiteru said:
This year's greatest news.. i even punch my book when reading this xD

"The new anime season will pick-up after the end of Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, after Mamoru Takamura became the WBC Junior Middleweight Champion after defeating Bryan Hawk. This season's highlight is Ippo Makunouchi's match against Ryuhei Sawamura, a boxer that stopped the former's special move, the Dempsey Roll."

Source: jefusion

That sounds to me like a 2-cour series. I was hoping it would end up quite a bit longer than that. But if the first ~14 episodes are spent on Ippo's fourth title defense, Takamura's first title defense, Aoki's title match, and Itagaki's rookie championships, maybe pushed a couple episodes further with some Kumi-based storyline, then it would leave ~6-10 episodes for the Sawamura match to be the highlight of the series and a brief epilogue/set-up for the next series, which would be in like, another 4+ years.

Unless there's some more storyline that happens in between those events, but that's based on what I've read in the previous 9 pages. I haven't read the manga (yet).

You forgot the most amazing Kamogawa/Nekota flash back! They really need that animated
Sep 30, 2013 6:33 AM

Apr 2010
Progeusz said:
Progeusz, in August said:
Wow, I managed to do that, didn't expect that. Once i started to watch the show it was hard to stop, everything in less than two weeks. Been a long time since I marathoned something longer than twelve episodes. Now I can't wait for another HnI episode!

Deperil said:
In my opinion it's better to completely cut out Kumi scenes than let her new seiyuu voice her. She isn't cute at all.

e: typo

Ha, I almost agree with that, the seiyuu is terrible, really. But Kumi has to be in it, due to what happens with Sawamura before his fight with Ippo. Otherwise tbh, she's almost not even necessary. I mean, 1031 chapters and they're still at the same stage? Come on now, why is this "relationship" even there? It's not amusing anymore.
Sep 30, 2013 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
I'm so excited can't wait to see brand new season of Hajime no Ippo (^__^)b
Oct 10, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
very excited
Oct 10, 2013 2:36 PM

Aug 2011
risbolla said:
very excited

You know it already started now right? First episode came out last weekend.

Oct 11, 2013 3:35 PM
Jan 2012
Next episode comes out real soon... Is there only going to be 25 episodes though ?
Oct 11, 2013 10:13 PM

Aug 2011
JMichaels said:
Next episode comes out real soon... Is there only going to be 25 episodes though ?

Yes, this is confirmed.

Oct 13, 2013 1:31 PM

Jun 2008
MaceTheDon said:
Fcuk Yeah! That's What I'm Talking About!

With the sheer amount of source material available, they can do 150-200+ episodes, hope this is the case. *Fingers Crossed*

It will be awesome but there is the danger of low budget horrible things becoming norm like Naruto, Toriko and One Piece have. In the old days studios still kept a decent level even in 200 episode series, now they just don't bother at all.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.