Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those uniforms :3

That school :3

The battle was okay I guess. The song played during the fight was kinda catchy. Enemies looked really weird this episode though:
Jul 18, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
Tsubasa almost got that noise, but Maria got it unexpectedly in style.

That scientist has some neat gadgets there, not only can he make Symphogear abilities backfire, he can summon infinite numbers of noise with limited regeneration abilities.

Jul 19, 2013 2:06 AM

Apr 2008
Isn't that the Sceptre of Solomon he used to summon the Noises ?

Anyway… Chris' transformation scene, and joyful squeals are heard XD
But what’s with the Go To Hell ^^;
Jul 19, 2013 2:59 PM

May 2009
Subs are out
Jul 19, 2013 7:13 PM
Sep 2012
Episode was okay, but the songs they sung during their fight were pretty catchy.
Jul 19, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as always
Jul 19, 2013 8:38 PM

May 2013
Interesting that Maria is the newly reborn Fine.
Jul 19, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
Still way better production quality from season one. that makes me happy. :)
Jul 20, 2013 6:06 AM

May 2012
Really hope they step up things soon. This is just nowhere near as fun as the original season...

I don't think the professor showed off any sort of ability. It was likely just the gas that they ignored so dumbly
Jul 20, 2013 8:32 AM

May 2010
I always thought that everytime the pronounce their organization "FINE" I thought it's just bad prounouncation of fine but it looks like it some sort other languange and that white hair guy just confirmed it

BTW Maria ay of entrance was very cool
Jul 20, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
MyAmy said:
I always thought that everytime the pronounce their organization "FINE" I thought it's just bad prounouncation of fine but it looks like it some sort other languange and that white hair guy just confirmed it
If you have learned music score reading, you would know that FINE is used to mean End, as in "Da Capo al Fine" meaning "repeat from beginning to the end". Think it has Italian root. Since music is a major integrated part of this anime, it makes sense to some terms having link to music. Surely the staff are more competent than you and I may give them credit for.

Anyway...

Three great episodes in a row !!

Chris' transformation --- just have to watch it repeatedly ! And the scene where she fell on the floor too !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 20, 2013 11:42 AM

Jun 2011
symbv said:

Chris' transformation --- just have to watch it repeatedly ! And the scene where she fell on the floor too !

^SO THIS!

It was soooo nice to see Chris in the school uniform and she looks great in it.

The animators definitely paid more attention to Chris transformation scene than the other 2. She even turns while singing her song to transform which none of the other 2 did. The transformation scene was just awesome, i love every part of it. Didnt realise that there were ribbons on her ankles. I love how the suit formed around her by forming one colour after another. Highlight was the "BANG!", SO CUTE! it fits her theme so well and she seems so joyful while transforming unlike the others. The added mecha sound made the whole transformation even more enjoyable. Love her ending pose after shes done transforming. So glad the quality was incredible throughout the transformation.

I love how Chris straight away started shooting after transforming and sang that badass song.

Finally after waiting for 3 weeks for MY Chris-chan's transformation, it was so worth it. 100/10
Now time to go replay the scene hundred more times.
ArcanaTraceJul 20, 2013 11:48 AM
Jul 20, 2013 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
I'm still trying to believe the fact that maria is Fine reborn.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jul 20, 2013 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
that opening.... Nana sung it very nice
Jul 20, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
I guess one way or another they have to show the reborn Fine, and I hope Hibiki gets to use the Durandal again :)
Jul 21, 2013 6:22 AM

Feb 2012
I'm sort of confused about the Fine thing...
so Fine is a person, not an organization?
or Maria is the spokesperson for Fine?

or am I forgetting something from the first season?

also... I don't recall Ogawa being badass...

P.S. I felt like I my heart was shot at that BANG!
stray_catJul 21, 2013 6:35 AM
Jul 21, 2013 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
stray_cat said:

If i remember correctly Fine was an entity in the past that died and has numerous descendant containing her dormant DNA presently. Those people with her DNA awakens and become Fine when they are exposed to a cenrtain wavelength(cant remember the name) the relics produced otherwise they are just normal people.
ArcanaTraceJul 21, 2013 11:33 AM
Jul 21, 2013 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
ughh /facepalm
this needs a lot of work to be better
Jul 22, 2013 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
ArcanaTrace said:
stray_cat said:

If i remember correctly Fine was an entity in the past that died and has numerous descendant containing her dormant DNA presently. Those people with her DNA awakens and become Fine when they are exposed to a cenrtain wavelength(cant remember the name) the relics produced otherwise they are just normal people.

oh... Thanks... was this mentioned in the first season?
Jul 22, 2013 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
ArcanaTrace said:
Highlight was the "BANG!", SO CUTE! it fits her theme so well and she seems so joyful while transforming unlike the others. The added mecha sound made the whole transformation even more enjoyable. Love her ending pose after shes done transforming. So glad the quality was incredible throughout the transformation.

I love how Chris straight away started shooting after transforming and sang that badass song.
I just read from the official twitter that the "BANG!" was actually improvisation by Chris' seiyuu, Takagaki Ayahi, and everyone including the sound director loved it so much that the BANG ad-lib stayed, to great effect. Incredible, isn't it?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 23, 2013 6:55 AM

Jun 2011
stray_cat said:
ArcanaTrace said:
stray_cat said:

oh... Thanks... was this mentioned in the first season?

Welcome. It was mentioned in season 1.

symbv said:
ArcanaTrace said:
Highlight was the "BANG!", SO CUTE! it fits her theme so well and she seems so joyful while transforming unlike the others. The added mecha sound made the whole transformation even more enjoyable. Love her ending pose after shes done transforming. So glad the quality was incredible throughout the transformation.

I just read from the official twitter that the "BANG!" was actually improvisation by Chris' seiyuu, Takagaki Ayahi, and everyone including the sound director loved it so much that the BANG ad-lib stayed, to great effect. Incredible, isn't it?

Wow, i actually about Ayahi Takagaki adding in the "BANG!" herself, didnt knew it really was. Loving her so much more. Btw thanks for the info.
ArcanaTraceJul 23, 2013 7:00 AM
Jul 23, 2013 1:12 PM

Apr 2011
It was pretty stupid of the girls to completely miss the gas, but maybe the red tint was only visible to viewers at home. Many poison gasses are colorless, odorless and tasteless, so it might not just be character stupidity keeping them from realizing why they're so weakened.

Yukina's transformation was fanservicey as all get out, though not as much as the bad girls in their shower scene. When it slowly panned up Maria's naked body covered in fog I figured they might as well have put "BUY THE BLU-RAY" in big bold letters on top of the fog. Not sure if a show like this will have nipples in the Blu-ray, but the promise will sell a few disks ... or spur a few downloads.

Still enjoying the show, as paint-by-the-numbers as it tends to be. I just love the mix of music and action, and Yukina's song was awesome this week. Moe Heavyarms, go!
Jul 25, 2013 10:59 AM

Oct 2007
This episode sort of tries to clarify the apparent plot hole from last season where the Swan Song only ever seemed to kill off one character, but the thing is I don't remember Chris or Tsubasa ever holding hands with Hibiki or channeling the energies through anyone other than themselves when they tried to unleash there's yet they were just fine while Kanade crumbled to dust. It still just makes it look like it was selective in Kanade's case as she was the only one shown to ever actually die from using that trump card.

Anyway it's little surprise that Fine is back not only in organization form but reincarnated as well, but will her character be better executed and fleshed out this time around or will she just randomly decide she needs to destroy some stellar body down the line for no explicable reason. Hime cut starts having doubts about what they are looking to do and seems to resent Hibiki for in her eyes having easy choices to make and overall I'm struck how the show dealing with the aftermath of events from the first series and how it impacted the cast and our new "antagonists" somehow manages to be more interesting and relatable than almost the entirety first seasons events actually transpiring itself. It's nothing really unpredictable or special, but the simple fact it's a functional coherent story and concept makes it a continued huge improvement.

I don't know, this show is pretty entertaining and a guilty pleasure, I probably shouldn't try to think to hard about the plot for what amounts to a super robot powered armor show with only 12 episodes as long as it has some internal consistency from this point on. We're 3 episodes in and the animation quality hasn't absolutely cratered yet like last season so that's a huge plus as well.
PeacingOutJul 25, 2013 11:14 AM
Jul 25, 2013 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
Given with how this end episode ended. They should add this scene in as NG, just for laughs.

Aug 4, 2013 12:19 PM

Jun 2008
FlamingYu said:
Given with how this end episode ended. They should add this scene in as NG, just for laughs.

Lol, keeping the correct weight ration is always important for you balance.
Aug 15, 2013 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
Huh going babk to school after concert just ended, already starting the cultural festival. Love that fight scene in the abandon hospital fighting Dr. Ver's noise.

Oct 10, 2013 3:14 PM

May 2012
A new generation Fine? Quite interesting development I must say, lets see what's next!
Oct 11, 2014 7:29 AM

Feb 2014
The background music was nice. I wonder what that thing in the cage was. But why does the girl who shoots disks (Shirabe?) not like Hibiki? I wonder what her past is like. Anyway, looking forward to the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 3:07 PM

Feb 2013
I wonder why that Finé group wants to rule the world. It's so dumb honestly. So Finé(person) has already been revived and she is that pink haired black gungrir user. Cool, I guess. Hope they explain how she was resurrected. Alright episode.
Jun 28, 2015 9:46 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!!!

Why does the season feels De Ja Vu? Doctor that betrays you, cane that can someone noise, and now multiple symphogear users instead one.

I don't think Maria is Sakurai. The group is called Fine as a whole. Weather or not they got it from Sakurai is a different story.

Want more battles like the last few episodes of S1. This one is good, but not quite compared to them.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Jun 28, 2015 10:16 PM

Jul 2009
Also love her transformation and her new song Go To Hell! XD
Jul 15, 2015 5:34 AM
Sep 2014
haha who walks into a corridor that just filled up with a mysterious gas? So stupid lol.

Hopefully this picks up soon.
Oct 6, 2015 7:25 PM

Nov 2013
Nano1124 said:
I wonder why that Finé group wants to rule the world. It's so dumb honestly.

Exactly what I thought after episode 2. Emo Loli doesn't want to acknowledge Hibiki as the hero, who saved the world. Well, no one cares about the opinion of a little shit like her. There is another Fine, but it doesn't matter. They had beaten her once and it will be no different this time. And the Nephilim thing shows their stupidity once again. Awakening a creature, that someone can't control is never a good idea.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 2, 2018 1:12 PM

May 2016
Another well build-up episode is good. Let' see what is gonna happen net.
Dec 8, 2018 7:32 PM
Jan 2014
Loved those butts
Apr 16, 2020 5:11 AM

May 2016
Another well build-up episode is good. Let' see what is gonna happen net.

Also love her transformation and her new song Go To Hell! XD
May 7, 2021 3:44 PM

Feb 2020
Good episode. The transformation of Chris was so hot. :3

"Go To Hell." Nice song.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:44 AM
Dec 28, 2021 12:20 AM

Jul 2017
Chris has a sick transformation sequence!

Apr 5, 2022 6:36 AM
Jun 2016
Oh, so Ogawa can fight? That explains why he survived despite all the insanity that happened in the previous episodes and season.

Yeah, I've been wondering why the villains think that Hibiki is a hypocrite. Like, they think that she should join them if she wants to help humanity or something? I guess it'll be answered in the following episodes.
Sep 11, 2023 6:27 PM

Nov 2010
Chris looked delicious during her transformation scene. I want to lick her armpits, and that bang! in the end makes me want to screw her hard!
Tsubasa never fails to look hot at whatever she does.

Did Fine reincarnate already? Does she carry memories from her previous incarnations? I thought she already made peace with Hibiki unless that was the real Ryouko who spoke to Hibiki before she died.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Jul 4, 2013

100 by Hibiki2134 »»
Sep 18, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

92 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 5, 2013

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.