Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the 2013-14 season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (52) « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 47 » ... Last »
May 3, 2014 11:31 AM

May 2013
TravSavage said:
teddygamer said:
YES! Thank you City! Now, we only need to beat West Brom and that top 4 trophy is ours! Come on you bunch chokers!

Arsenal already clinched 4th.

Oh yeah...just checked the table again LOL...nevertheless, thank you City for the help

Edit : I'm sure Kompany in the locker room is telling everyone "This does not f*cking slip now!"
teddygamerMay 3, 2014 11:37 AM
May 3, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sunderland were bottom of the league on Christmas, weren't they? Considering how Norwich's fate of relegation has pretty much been sealed by Sunderland, does this not make Sunderland the first team to be rock bottom on Christmas, but have survived relegation?
May 3, 2014 12:25 PM

Oct 2013
4-1 victory at the expense of Fulham's Premier League survival - not the way I wanted it but I'm glad to get to 47 points. Next weekend will certainly be an interesting one.
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

May 3, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sunderland were bottom of the league on Christmas, weren't they? Considering how Norwich's fate of relegation has pretty much been sealed by Sunderland, does this not make Sunderland the first team to be rock bottom on Christmas, but have survived relegation?

Nah, West Brom did it first some seasons back.
May 3, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
Is this the Premier League thread erm ?
May 3, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2012
FinHands said:
Is this the Premier League thread erm ?

No, this is Patrick.
May 3, 2014 3:31 PM
Mar 2011
teddygamer said:
TravSavage said:
teddygamer said:
YES! Thank you City! Now, we only need to beat West Brom and that top 4 trophy is ours! Come on you bunch chokers!

Oh yeah...just checked the table again LOL...nevertheless, thank you City for the help

Edit : I'm sure Kompany in the locker room is telling everyone "This does not f*cking slip now!"

City still have game in hand i believe the other two top three side play there 37th game today[ thats my time zone] city still have only payed 36 cuase the huge goal diff the title is citiy's to loose
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2013
yhunata said:

If that's true, Gus Poyet has done a more amazing job than i had thought. Tony Pulis has done a good job with Palace as well....so many ''good jobs'' this season XD

FGAU1912 said:
teddygamer said:
TravSavage said:
teddygamer said:

City still have game in hand i believe the other two top three side play there 37th game today[ thats my time zone] city still have only payed 36 cuase the huge goal diff the title is citiy's to loose

Yeah, City still have a game in hand, they've got this imo, Liverpool lost it against Chelsea.....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmPT0hEIUAA9_tM.jpg:large
May 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2010
If Liverpool miss out on the title because of that slip then Gerrard needs to be put on suicide watch.
May 4, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
So there's hope for Norwich after all!
Though Sunderland needs to lose last 2 games and Norwich needs to win against Arsenal to escape relegation.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 4, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2010
Sunderland and West Brom will agree on a draw I'm sure.
May 4, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
So Chelsea end the season trophyless while playing disgusting football. Call Mourinho a genius now
May 4, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2010
Afshar said:
So Chelsea end the season trophyless while playing disgusting football. Call Mourinho a genius now

People praise him because his record against the big teams is excellent, but all that counts for nothing when you drop points against the likes of West Ham, Palace, Sunderland, Aston Villa and Norwich. Give me Brendan any day of the week.
May 4, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2011
Come to think of it, who are your picks for EPL Manager of the Season? The most common pick seems to be BR and Pulis of Palace. I'd say they both deserve it. BR took Liverpool from 8th to 2nd within 2 seasons and we are gonna finish with our highest goal tally ever in the PL. Pulis took a mediocre Palace and got them to safety while securing wins against the likes of Chelsea.
May 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
Jose's park the bus 'tactics' are verrrry boring to watch. Fair play, it gets him results against the big teams, but against the smaller teams, doing that isn't going to work. Even Hazard himself said they weren't set up to play football, only to counterattack and that's it. Someone i know put it perfectly and said ''when Jose's teams need to actually attack and go for the win, most of the time, they can't''. His park the bus tactics is also the reason Real Madrid sacked him, and also why they (fans) didn't really like him.

As for Manager of the Season, i'd give it to Pulis, probably. BR has done a fantastic job though, i'm not trying to take anything away from him. But Pulis took a rock bottom Palace and has gotten them (neraly) into the top half. I think there was a ''Since Pulis took over table'', and Palace were 8th. That's pretty impressive imo. It's definitely out of the two of them though, BR and Pulis.
May 4, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
City's going to win the league... Good bye to cole, lampard, terry.... they'll be at MLS retirement league next year
May 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2010
Hughton will probably win MOTY. Not many managers relegate a team and come out of it smelling like roses to the media.
May 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
I'm pretty sure Steve Bruce is in the running for the award too
May 4, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
Wtf. Did Ronaldo just mule kick this in?

https://vine.co/v/M6ztZzwAYFh
May 4, 2014 4:51 PM

May 2008
Afshar said:

Again we don't play disgusting football. Don't let the fact that we are third in goals scored ruin your narrative. You know it's not like we had 70% possession and 23 shots against Norwich, nope we just sat back and parked the bus. Yeah Jose Mourinho, that guy is an idiot he can't manage at all. You know just look at his record since 2002, he has led his club to win its domestic league seven times, the UEFA Champions League twice and the UEFA Cup once, clearly Jose is an idiot.
Nabi123May 4, 2014 4:55 PM
May 4, 2014 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
TravSavage said:

That was just awesome.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

May 4, 2014 11:42 PM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
Come to think of it, who are your picks for EPL Manager of the Season? The most common pick seems to be BR and Pulis of Palace. I'd say they both deserve it. BR took Liverpool from 8th to 2nd within 2 seasons and we are gonna finish with our highest goal tally ever in the PL. Pulis took a mediocre Palace and got them to safety while securing wins against the likes of Chelsea.

If City wins the league, my vote goes to Pellegrini. I know BR and Pulis have done fabulous jobs. But how do you really say a manager doesn't deserve the MOTY award when he gives 2 trophies (no matter how good his team is)!!
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 5, 2014 2:16 AM

Apr 2014
TravSavage said:

Oh u bet he did . Well , it's not even surprising anymore comin from the machine. 4 consecutive seasons now that he got 50 goals or more. But I would been happier if we could clinch all 3 points. Lol the big three able to collect just 2 points over the weekend. And they said laliga was boring . Did u guys watch the matches, damn, I totalled my couch jumping up and down during the real match . And come on malaga beat those noisy neighbours.
May 5, 2014 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit, what the heck just happened to Liverpool? O.o Talk about imploding....
May 5, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
Meh, would've lost on goal difference anyway
May 5, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
Fucking disgusting. You were 3-0 up, don't rest on your laurels damn it. Granted Liverpool should've had a penalty, but that was unacceptable defending. Feel so bad for Suarez.
May 5, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
Had a good laugh. Thanks, Liverpool.
:^)
May 5, 2014 2:11 PM

Mar 2012
Ouch.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 5, 2014 2:40 PM

Mar 2012
Yikes, Liverpool got Istanbul'd.
May 5, 2014 2:55 PM
Feb 2014
I wanted City to win the Bpl but not that way i feel sorry for Liverpool but i think they can win it next year.

they need to buy some defenders
May 5, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2009
Oh you gotta be kidding me Liverpool. And here I was rooting for you to win the title >_<
May 6, 2014 12:06 AM

Apr 2014
Lol , what the hell. Liv gotta realise the quality of their defenders except flanagan (too young to judge) is pretty much crap. Johnson , blah, it's criminal to call him a defender. Skrtel , the almighty shirt puller, scores goals but again a pretty average def. Sakho, lol, even titus bramble would be a better option and why the hell is agger on the bench. He is pretty good def atleast better than skrtel or sakho. Btw missing carragher much.
RomeoXDMay 6, 2014 12:09 AM
May 6, 2014 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
They are decent defenders but their tactics don't really leave them with a lot of cover when other teams break on them. I mean Norwich have kept around 10 clean sheets this season with worse players.

Of course if they can improve their back line but playing as they have this season they'd still ship a load.
May 6, 2014 7:45 AM

Apr 2014
HMS_Lolibutt said:
They are decent defenders but their tactics don't really leave them with a lot of cover when other teams break on them. I mean Norwich have kept around 10 clean sheets this season with worse players.

Of course if they can improve their back line but playing as they have this season they'd still ship a load.

You're right they are decent defenders , the key word being decent. Let's be honest they are not liv quality defenders.
May 6, 2014 7:59 AM

Oct 2013
The BPL is by far the best league in the world. It's been like watching a race where everyone keeps falling over just before the finishing line.
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.

May 6, 2014 8:17 AM

Jun 2009
Pallande said:

The BPL is by far the best league in the world. It's been like watching a race where everyone keeps falling over just before the finishing line.
Wouldn't that make it a league where every team is equally bad?
May 6, 2014 8:32 AM

Aug 2010
RomeoXD said:
Let's be honest they are not liv quality defenders.

Considering their last 4 seasons have been have been spent between 6th and 8th I'd have to disagree. A lot of the squad aren't title winning quality to be fair.

grandy_UiD said:
Pallande said:

It certainly hasn't been a strong title race. Chelsea have been shit. Liverpool have overperformed but can't defend. The bad thing is City winning it with their injury problems, there was a stat the other day which was something like Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero have only played 240 minutes together this season. Wouldn't be surprised if they walk it next year.

Would rather watch a faltering Premier League than the Bundesliga though. Not saying much mind, I'd watch the MLS, J-League or the Portuguese league over German.
walktheplankMay 6, 2014 8:37 AM
May 6, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2013
grandy_UiD said:
Pallande said:

I don't mean the best in terms of quality of football but entertainment value.

May 6, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
yhunata said:
Come to think of it, who are your picks for EPL Manager of the Season? The most common pick seems to be BR and Pulis of Palace. I'd say they both deserve it. BR took Liverpool from 8th to 2nd within 2 seasons and we are gonna finish with our highest goal tally ever in the PL. Pulis took a mediocre Palace and got them to safety while securing wins against the likes of Chelsea
you are missing Martinez i think he has done a wonderful Job
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
May 6, 2014 9:45 AM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:
Come to think of it, who are your picks for EPL Manager of the Season?
Moyes.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 6, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
Pallando said:
grandy_UiD said:
Pallande said:

I don't mean the best in terms of quality of football but entertainment value.

As far as the title race goes I guess I can agree with that. Although the spanish championship is really close this year, too. The last Bundesliga championship that was decided on the last day was in 2009. Damn, we really need one of those again...
May 6, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
1p5wich fans putting together some money so they can hire a plane to fly a message over Carrow Road on the weekend. Pretty embarrassing.

Martinez would be my MOTY. Although Hughton relegating a team and coming up smelling of roses in the eyes of the media deserves something.
May 6, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2012
HMS_Lolibutt said:
Martinez would be my MOTY.

Surely Rodgers has done better than him this season? Compared to the teams' relative positions last season.
I think it's between Rodgers, Pulis and Bruce.
May 6, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
pulis for MOTY after that comeback and the turn around since he took charge...

went to watch wednesday in there last game of the season away at ipswich...got up at 5.30 to catch the train and predictably we lost though we didn't play particularly bad I do love away games with wednesday though =)
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
May 6, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2010
Where's the love for Poyet? He took a Sunderland side that looked dead and buried and all but guaranteed them another season in the league, all the while playing attractive football (unlike Pulis). If we weren't going to appoint Monk then I would've loved to have seen him here.
May 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
Pulis, only for the fact that he's the first manager to actually keep Palace from being relegated from the EPL and have them near the top half on top of that. Poyet is 1a.
May 6, 2014 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
I had forgotten about poyet tbh but lets wait till there mathematically safe...on the subject of sunderland to think it was only at christmas Wickham was banging goals in for wednesday...really pleased hes broke into the sunderland first team he saved our season and it looks like hes saved sunderlands as well
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
May 6, 2014 3:34 PM

Aug 2010
Fulham went down because they got rid if the Michael Jackson statue. Man, I miss Mohamed Al Fayed.
May 7, 2014 9:47 AM

Feb 2012
So, will Manchester City
Win on a YaYa Strike
Lose on a Kompany slip
Draw on a Aguero wide open miss

Today against Aston villa?
May 7, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
rafi160 said:
So, will Manchester City
Win on a YaYa Strike
Lose on a Kompany slip
Draw on a Aguero wide open miss

Today against Aston villa?

I think aston villa will be brushed aside. So I will provide another option. City win by kompany, yaya and nasri goals.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (52) « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 47 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.