Forum Settings
Forums

Bleach Manga On Hiatus for 5 Weeks, Final Arc to Follow

New
Jul 17, 2013 6:25 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Tite Kubo announced in this week's issue of Shounen Jump (Weekly) that the Bleach manga will be taking a 5 week hiatus. The series will return in issue 41 with the final arc, titled "Sennen Kessen Hen: Ketsubetsu-tan."

Tite Kubo stated that he is going to be working on the manga's final battle during the break.

Source: Scan of Shounen Jump

Story by ArtemisX
Sakana-sanFeb 21, 2016 9:44 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2013 6:27 PM

Aug 2011
Bleach finally coming to an end?

Is the world ending too?
Jul 17, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
Have yet to watch the anime... Maybe I'll get to that soon.
Jul 17, 2013 6:35 PM

Mar 2011
5 weeks? And how was Mashima able to pull off 7 chapters in 2 weeks?
Jul 17, 2013 6:39 PM

Apr 2013
So deska ....
Omoshiroi , Omoshiroi .
Now , seriously . I've stopped reading the manga 2 weeks ago because my head would burn out of curiosity so I'll wait untill the finale to read it from where I left it .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 17, 2013 6:46 PM

Jan 2012
Geez...

This year is the season of manga endings...
Jul 17, 2013 6:46 PM

May 2012
It's nice to see one of the big manga finally ending. (I don't mean that in a bad way, Bleach fans)

Guess I should catch up to it now seeing as it's finally heading into the last arc.
Jul 17, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like it is finally time for Bleach to retire. Although I am saddened that such a long running manga is finally retiring, I am very curious as to how it will end. After being with Bleach for so long I hope it finishes with an ending we will never forget.
Jul 17, 2013 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
I've always been waiting for this but with Naruto lol.

Jul 17, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
The world is ending along with all these mangas
Jul 17, 2013 7:16 PM

Feb 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ah well time to buy the anime dvd and rewatch the series......man way to ruin my summer.
Jul 17, 2013 7:19 PM

Jul 2010
It was suppose to be in final arc already, which was suppose to take more time than earlier arc's. I wonder if Kubo planning to end it sooner than we thought .
Jul 17, 2013 7:24 PM

Nov 2011
Was there an actual reason given?

Well, I'll catch up to the series soon as I'm a little behind on Bleach manga. I have finished watching the anime though.
Jul 17, 2013 7:27 PM

Jul 2007
I wonder what is going to replace these anime's, once they are finished, i mean what do they have for the future besides one piece. Considering sales outside of japan, naruto and bleach are like the most popular where as one piece is just kind of getting started.

I wonder what the future generation of shonen's will be.

Jul 17, 2013 7:28 PM
Feb 2013
I bet it still has at least another 2 years left in it. As much as I've enjoyed Bleach, I'm actually ready for it to end (not a rushed ending though).
Jul 17, 2013 7:35 PM

Jul 2007
Stark700 said:

Well, I'll catch up to the series soon as I'm a little behind on Bleach manga. I have finished watching the anime though.

Yeah it was reported on the most current chapter and on bleach's official website regarding the finale of bleach and that Kubo Tite quotes that he will be working on the final battle. So it leads alot of fans to believe that its near its conclusion, on the other hand this "final battle" could be another 7 years, who knows.

Jul 17, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2013
Damn....it's literally coming to an end :(
I've recently started reading bleach after I was done watching the anime and I picked it up right after where it left off.
It sucks that it's ending, but a 5-week hiatus.... I don't think I can wait that long.
Jul 17, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2010
as i thought ..
Jul 17, 2013 7:48 PM

Dec 2009
Bleach and "finale" in the same sentence is a shocker.
Jul 17, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
WOH WOH WOH WOH WAIT.......this arc isnt ending in 10 years, its actually ending?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 17, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
I told you all it's a conspiracy.

The end of manga is a metaphor for the end of the world.
Jul 17, 2013 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

nah, when we see Beserk end that will be the end of the world as we know it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 17, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2013
Ah one of the big three is finally leaving
Jul 17, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ihateeveryone said:

nah, when we see Beserk end that will be the end of the world as we know it

This is all a lead up then. Each of these smaller manga ending is a representation of the tiny and everyday disasters that occur. Bigger manga like this ending symbolizes bigger tragedies occurring, like hurricanes or terrific volcano eruptions and what not.

Berserk or One Piece, whichever of the first end will either signal the end of the world or the near mass destruction of it.
Jul 17, 2013 8:25 PM

Jun 2010
so kubo what happened to the "at least 10 more years" speech 2 yrs ago? people aren't the sheep he thinks they are apparently
Jul 17, 2013 8:32 PM

May 2013
Sad to know that the end is coming soon.
Jul 17, 2013 8:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
babymilo91 said:
Sad to know that the end is coming soon.

You mean in 10-2=8 years?

The finale battle will last 400 chapters. I call it.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 17, 2013 8:44 PM

May 2011
Well another one that dies. Let's see how it finish. I hope the anime continues after that.
Jul 17, 2013 8:54 PM
Feb 2013
victorkao said:
Ah one of the big three is finally leaving

You are forgetting Naruto.
Jul 17, 2013 8:57 PM

Nov 2007
No Bleach for 5 weeks...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 17, 2013 9:07 PM

Aug 2010
Say whaaa I thought Kubo said that Bleach would end in 10 years hasn't it only been 2 or something years since that announcement?
Jul 17, 2013 9:11 PM

Oct 2009
Wha-?! What about the 10yr speech Kubo??? ;-;

So then maybe the anime can return next year or something? :O
Jul 17, 2013 9:12 PM
Jul 2013
But my friend just got me Volume 59 when she went to Japan, and said it was the most recent one of Bleach she could find there... so I'm confused.
Jul 17, 2013 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
Not a big shock, Kubo has been hinting that for a while now.

He's probably just burned out and ready to move onto something else.

Someone will probably launch a "Shinigami Chronicles" in the next few years.
Jul 17, 2013 9:50 PM
May 2012
Hmm I think he means that finale would be in, at least 1-3 years elaboration about those final battles.
Jul 17, 2013 10:16 PM

Dec 2008
Obviously it's going to be a 5 year finale.

I seriously don't expect the manga to end THIS year at least.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jul 17, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
The answer for my prayers has come. This shit is finally ending.
Jul 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2009
Ame_Sama said:

it will be a long finale though like 2-9 years
Jul 17, 2013 10:27 PM

Jan 2009
j0x said:
Ame_Sama said:

it will be a long finale though like 2-9 years

I know lol
but most likely less than 7 years, it's been 3 years since Kubo said "10 years to the ending", not counting that his editor cuting short his arcs since than, to make the ranking at Weekly Jump higher which most likey to happen at the ending of any arc but at the middle of the arc you can see Bleach together with most-likely-to-cancel manga at the bottom 5 of the ranking.
Jul 17, 2013 10:32 PM

Mar 2012
Kiratron said:

Yet those 7 chapters are hardly plot relevant.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 17, 2013 10:36 PM

Apr 2009
Well, another thousand chapters of the final arc, and we're all done.
Jul 17, 2013 10:45 PM

Sep 2012
tittycakesXD said:
so kubo what happened to the "at least 10 more years" speech 2 yrs ago?
Actually is there concrete proof that he indeed said that?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 17, 2013 11:22 PM
Dec 2008
I'm sure the author said bleach was soon going to end months ago
Jul 18, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2011
Cordelia said:

That was Kishimoto announcing that Naruto was ending soon. Kubo announced that this was the final arc and was gonna be the longest one yet (meaning at least 7 years total).

Kiratron said:

Here's the thing: Mashima has little to no competition in his magazine. JUMP is far more competitive, so there is no way they're gonna let any one of the mangaka to pull off more than one chapter a week. They care about their competitiveness, you see.
Jul 18, 2013 12:28 AM

Jul 2007
Cordelia said:

Yes. He said that this is the final arc.

tittycakesXD said:
so kubo what happened to the "at least 10 more years" speech 2 yrs ago? people aren't the sheep he thinks they are apparently

You DO realize that "arrancar arc" finale lasted around 3 years? right?

So yes. With that quote coming before FB arc, we have at least 5 to 6 years left.

Stark700 said:

Reason being that its a final arc.

During Arrancar arc Kubo already said that two arcs are left - one shorter(FB) and one longer(current one). It was re-iterated again after FB arc ended. I don't see why people are so surprised. This was known for literally at least two years.
Jul 18, 2013 12:28 AM

Nov 2012
so finally.. bleach is going to end? hmm...
I hope it get anime adaptation about the rest arc..
Jul 18, 2013 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
symbv said:
tittycakesXD said:

Yup, he said that at the 2011 Jump Festa which was at December of 2010.
Jump of course never writing what the authors said at their panel of Jump Festa so fans upload this stuff to 2ch, etc... like Kishimoto said every year that Kakashi will have a "main role" this year :lol:

If this topic helps as a source:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=276958
Jul 18, 2013 12:35 AM

Jan 2009
Ame_Sama said:
symbv said:
tittycakesXD said:

Jump of course never writing what the authors said at their panel of Jump Festa so fans upload this stuff to 2ch, etc... like Kishimoto said every year that Kakashi will have a "main role" this year :lol:

symbv argued with me that sankakucomplex is not a reliable source although that is the only news site that confirms that and the whole bleach fandom accepted that as a fact for like years already
Jul 18, 2013 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
Ame_Sama said:
symbv said:
tittycakesXD said:

What?? SankakuComplex was deemed a credible and reliable news source in MAL back then?!?!? Those were the standards at that time, huh? I need to have a major facepalm about this...

And SankakuComplex could not even pinpoint the post in 2ch that gave that anecdote from Kubo... And this is before the question about how much we could trust an anonymous post made in 2ch forum...

I was actually literally SHOCKED at the journalism standard being practiced less than 3 years ago...

While I would not say that Kubo definitely did not say it in 2011 Jump Festa, but to start a news thread on it and reports it as a solid news it needs a much higher level of credibility than SankakuComplex and 2ch... Oh well...

j0x said:
symbv argued with me that sankakucomplex is not a reliable source although that is the only news site that confirms that and the whole bleach fandom accepted that as a fact for like years already
I am affirmative and adamant that SankakuComplex could not be treated as a reliable source. Time after time I see it adds distortion and exaggeration in its "reporting" as "translated" from the source in Japan, and often they quote anonymous sources or pure rumor/hearsay and reports it as news or facts, and they often neglect to give the links for the Japanese source. Such level of journalism cannot be treated with any seriousness. And it is before any consideration of how much ecchi or raunchy stuff it has on its website.
symbvJul 18, 2013 12:44 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 18, 2013 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
@symbv

no that is not in the news board at all
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

33 by Yubisoft »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.