Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2009 10:44 PM

Oct 2008
@SweetlyKaoru
I guess since your friend hasn't seen much, so she's a beginner
If you want basics, I always say watch some Ghlibi films and the newer ones are pretty good like: Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle
but you've already seen them so how about these...
School Rumble
Aria
Black Lagoon
Also, anything you've seen would be a good choice for her too :)
Apr 22, 2009 6:47 AM

Apr 2009
sintra said:
Not a traditional anime/manga art comedy or action. And if you can, please no ecchi and such. And also it would be nice if it was finished.

FLCL. If that's not traditional, I don't know what is.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Apr 23, 2009 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
shoxk said:
@SweetlyKaoru
I guess since your friend hasn't seen much, so she's a beginner
If you want basics, I always say watch some Ghlibi films and the newer ones are pretty good like: Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle
but you've already seen them so how about these...
School Rumble
Aria
Black Lagoon
Also, anything you've seen would be a good choice for her too :)

She has seen most of the Ghlibi films (thank God). I have yet to see any of those suggestions myself (whoopsy) but I did get her and another started on FLCL. The other girl's reaction to the first ep was priceless. XD

But thanks for the help! ^_^

Apr 24, 2009 9:17 AM

Jan 2009
Oh, and I have another (very similar) question:
Do you know any anime where there is a relationship between male adult and teenager (male or female)?
Not a comedy.
Apr 26, 2009 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
@Miyoki hmm... the only one I know is Mai-otome or maybe even Sailor Moon... but both are Magical Girl anime (more or less for Mai-otome) and I don't think you are looking for something like that

btw. I also need a recommendation.

I am looking for a name for a rather stereotypical magical girl anime. May be made up. Just something really clichéed. I need a name for an anime my Shadowrun RPG character is watching. Don't know if this here is the right thread to ask for something like that but I don't know where I should ask else.
Thanks in advance
An00
Apr 26, 2009 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
@an00biz; maybe these?:
Real: toyko mew mew
Made-up: Mahou Shoujo Sakura
Apr 26, 2009 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
aoikishu said:
@an00biz; maybe these?:
Real: toyko mew mew
Made-up: Mahou Shoujo Sakura

yes something like that ... but much more exaggerated with ... I don't know ... Bishoujo Battle Angel Akuma-tan or something like that ... with lot's of adjectives and strange things ....
Apr 26, 2009 9:31 AM

Nov 2008
An00biz said:
I don't know ... Bishoujo Battle Angel Akuma-tan

Why not that? :P

Mahou Shoujo Tenshi lyrical Sakura-chan
Apr 26, 2009 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
Mahou bishoujo Heavenly Tenshi Sakura-tan! xD
Never had so much fun recommending something :P
Apr 26, 2009 11:37 PM

Oct 2008
that sounds much more like something I wanted to use ... maybe even more exaggerated. I'm looking forward for more suggestions ^^
Apr 27, 2009 8:07 AM

Oct 2008
Try Rental Magica... typical magic anime
May 20, 2009 4:03 PM

Oct 2008
bump for anyone who wants some recs :)
May 20, 2009 4:22 PM

Mar 2009
Username: laurenxtaylor
Looking for: something that will make me laugh out loud. :)
Favourite Genres: slice of life, comedy
Any other comments/information: i'm willing to watch any series, so just give me some suggestions =P

May 20, 2009 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
lauren since you sayed you like Slice of life you can always try out Toradora! And as for the laughing part you could try out Sayonara zetsubou sensei =)

May 20, 2009 4:37 PM

Oct 2008
For laurenxtaylor
School Rumble
My all time funniest anime I've seen, random sweet fun for all ages

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?
One of the craziest anime out there although you kinda need to watch the prequel/1st series Full Metal Panic! to understand who these characters are

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
I didn't laugh as much as I wanted to but it has lots of comedy and wonderful characters

Edit:
I'll also add
Hayate the Combat Butler!
Another one full of random fun
shoxkMay 20, 2009 4:41 PM
May 20, 2009 7:11 PM

Mar 2009
thanks to the both of you for your recommendations :) i'll definitely check those series out

May 22, 2009 10:28 AM

Dec 2008
Username: pupsia

Looking for: well something related to sports, i realy like animes like that ^-^
Favourite Genres: sport
Any other comments/information: well, i actualy watched alot, realy alot.... thats why i need help on it... not sure whther i should list all the things i have watched in this genre, if needed i`ll list it, but i`ll take some time to find everything i have watched...

Looking for: something funny, interesting, exating.
Favourite Genres: gender bender, cross dreasing
Any other comments/information: i realy injoy animes liek this. i think i liek all of them that are related to this ^-^ i have watched all i could find, but unfortunatly thats not alot, cant list anythign at this point.. i dont remember everything, but if needed i`ll try to remember some ^-^

i will be realy happy if you guys will help me ^-^
lately i have quite some trouble in what to watch....

well i have a fuw questions too...
1. can i ask more then ones?
2. can i also recommend if i have something to recomend?
May 22, 2009 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
1) Yes
2) You can recommend to any of the recent recommendation requests or post in some of the many threads we have ( such as "Best of each genre", "Best of each aspect", etc. )

Otome wa Boku ni koishiteru, is a pretty good comedy with a cross-dresser
Kaleido Star, isn't exactly a sport anime, but I really recommend it ^^
May 23, 2009 6:07 AM

Dec 2008
aoikishu said:

Otome wa Boku ni koishiteru, is a pretty good comedy with a cross-dresser
Kaleido Star, isn't exactly a sport anime, but I really recommend it ^^

Otome wa Boku ni koishiteru, i have already wathced, i realy injoyed it ^-^ nice and sweat ^-^

as for Kaleido Star, i`m watching it, if i`m not misstaking i`m about 50% dome with it, its nice, as you said its not sport, but its something like that ^-^
May 23, 2009 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
ah, sorry. I didn't see them on your list before, but I do now...
I'm glad you like them ^^
May 23, 2009 12:25 PM

Dec 2008
oh, thats ok ^-^
but as i said its quite a problem for me to find anything to watch now TT_TT
eh....
May 26, 2009 2:37 AM

Aug 2008
Miyoki said:
Oh, and I have another (very similar) question:
Do you know any anime where there is a relationship between male adult and teenager (male or female)?
Not a comedy.

Srry for being late, I'd say Koi Kaze suits your description just fine ... and not a comedy.
and ... possibly offtopic :

@pupsia : Hmm ... you haven't seen Suzuka. And since u gave a 10 to Itazura or Lovely Complex, you should enjoy this, too. Sport included, also.
SharkallMay 29, 2009 7:50 AM
May 27, 2009 12:59 PM

Feb 2008
Username: Icinight
Looking for: sports,fighting.action.(maybe light romance for g/f she's fickle)
Favourite Genres: Sports, Fighting,Romance
Any other comments/information: umm as far as i look at the genres idk sometimes my mind skews things a bit differnt like Hajime No Ippo for instance i consider that both sports and fighting since its boxing and all lol and romace could be very light in my eyes but anyway, fav animes's PoT, Hajime No Ippo, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and BEST OF ALL Rurouni Kenshin FTW anything with a feel like these will probly be a big hit with me

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/icinight&sclick=1][/
May 29, 2009 3:40 AM

May 2009
Username: Hayzen

Looking for: something that's very enjoyable to watch. no super-extended animes like Naruto though.

Favourite Genres: Slice-of-Life,Comedy,Harem,Romance,School Life,Shonen

Any other comments/information: I'm new to watching animes. barely watched anything good so don't expect too much from my list. =)
my favorites so far are Clannad (season1 and ~AS~) and Bleach for shonen anime.

May 29, 2009 7:18 AM

Aug 2008
@icinight

Hmm, I'm not really into sports anime, but I guess I can rec some from the others genres:

- ( I'd say Akagi for sports, but it's not the fighting type, it's psychological )

- action / fighting : Karas (OVAs), Gantz, Baccano and Hellsing OVAs , I like them way more than the TV series. And Cowboy bebop, a definitely must see, even it's a bit old ( in fact not older than kenshin :P )

- action / fighting + samurai : Sword of the Stranger (movie), and maybe Shigurui (that's a very good one IMHO, and you should try to watch it even if the first episodes may seem a <bit> too bloody )

-and , for the sake of your gf ^_^, some great romance anime for watching are Honey & Clover and Nodame Cantabile. Extremely enjoyable, too. ( meaning you could watch them together )

I think you should try Shin Angyo Onshi ( movie ), but bear in mind that the manga is the one that's outstanding. You could watch it, and then read the manga ;)

That's my advise, based on what I discovered on my list that you haven't yet seen. If you want some details , feel free to ask

May 29, 2009 7:47 AM

Aug 2008
@Hayzen

Enjoyable : Golden Boy ( must see ), I've already said H&C and Nodame, and Detroit Metal City ( not romance/scool life/harem etc, but still ... well ... extremely funny ).

- then ( tier #2 ): School rumble, Maria + Holic, Kimi Kiss and Toradora

- ongoing : Hatsukoi limited

- and a bit more drama oriented : 5 centimeters per second ( movie ), White album, True Tears.

Zetsubou sensei is a viable option, too. I almost forgot, Full metal panic Fumoffu for enjoyable. The downside is that's not the first series , and you have to watch some mecha beforehand (first series). However, I'd say it pays off ( except if you're really avoiding action/mecha ).

-and, last but not least, some <start-with> shonen anime : Claymore, Fate/stay night and Basilisk. ~ 24 eps each of them ^_^

Hope that's helpful
May 29, 2009 9:51 AM

Feb 2009
Username:Td99
Looking for: something short, enjoyable and with some action.
Favourite Genres:Shonen, Seinen, fantasy, Sci-fi
Any other comments/information:

May 29, 2009 11:23 AM

Sep 2007
Td99 said:

Try out Baccano. It is short and has some good action.
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

Jun 1, 2009 8:59 AM

Feb 2009
doctor said:

Try out Baccano. It is short and has some good action.

Thanks but its already on my plan to watch list.

Jun 1, 2009 9:28 AM

Oct 2007
Td99 said:

How about Watching TTGL in the movie Version? XD

If you have Baccano in it, than watch it right now, so every other Anime seems less good.^^

The Toward the Terra series is one of my favorite SciFi ones with only... 26 eps.

Karas - short, full of action and fantasy.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - less fantasy -> more history, and still one of the best OVA

every Full Metal Panic! series - just 12/13 eps with nice action and comedy.

Seirei no Moribito - 26 eps again, but best fantasy of '07... time has passed, it it so old already^^

Sword of the Stranger - just as "historical" true as the others...g, heavy action at times with good animation and just 2 hrs long.^^
^_^ ^_^
Jun 1, 2009 1:28 PM

Dec 2008
Sharkall said:
@pupsia : Hmm ... you haven't seen Suzuka. And since u gave a 10 to Itazura or Lovely Complex, you should enjoy this, too. Sport included, also.

thanks ^-^ i`ll try it out ^-^
Jun 1, 2009 2:11 PM

May 2009
Looking for: ecchi anime, something like Kanokon would be nice.
Favourite genre: harem, ecchi
Other comments: it musn't be harem, but need ecchi and no pervert as main! and there must be interest for the main as well. look at list to see which I have seen, which is quite few inside this genre.
Jun 3, 2009 9:59 PM

Oct 2008
@njasis
I don't watch a lot of ecchi but try Koihime+Musou? except it's an all female anime
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4262/Koihime%E2%80%A0Musou
Jun 4, 2009 9:49 AM

May 2009
shoxk said:
@njasis
I don't watch a lot of ecchi but try Koihime+Musou? except it's an all female anime
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4262/Koihime%E2%80%A0Musou
k thanks:)
Jun 6, 2009 12:46 AM

Jun 2009
Username: unmei

Looking for: There's two types of anime that I want to watch from. A recommendation for either or both would be great! Not something too long, such as over 50 eps.
1) A heartwarming, romance anime with drama. E.g. Clannad
2) An anime with a unique, unpredictable storyline that keeps you thinking. Psychological.

Favourite genres:
- romance
- psychological
- drama
- comedy
- I don't mind some action, but not too much so as to overwhelm the story
Jun 6, 2009 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
unmei said:

A heartwarming, romance anime with drama. E.g. Clannad
I highly recommend Toradora!. It's only 25 episodes long. It's got a good amount of comedy and drama. You'll definitely like it :D
An anime with a unique, unpredictable storyline that keeps you thinking. Psychological.
Monster. You like Death Note and most people compare Monster with DN so most probably you'll like it (has 50+ eps though) :/
removed-userJun 6, 2009 4:42 AM
Jun 6, 2009 3:21 AM

Aug 2008
@unmei

Hmm, starting with 2), since there are just a few of them I would rec :
- great storyline, unique and psychological => that would be Higurashi ; 26 + 24 eps, very good plot but don't know if you enjoy horror genre ...anyway, that would be my best guess. Must see !
- Also, I would say Monster, exceptional characters and unpredictable plot; if you are patient enough ( huh, 74 eps ) you'll enjoy the thrilling story, the deep and complex insights. brilliant !

Then, for 1), you should try 5 centimeters per second / Kanon (2006) / True Tears ... that would be romance/drama - oriented. Maybe Toradora, too. No time to ellaborate, but I'll say that heartwarming ( clannad-type ) is a bit difficult to find.
- definitely Honey & Clover. A good mix of comedy / romance / drama, the type that can make you laugh or cry minutes apart. Deals with love in every aspect, from confused, unshared, obsessive to just simple love. 2 series ( 24 + 12 )

Edit : I think you should try Elfen lied, too, it's somehow 1) + 2), since it's psychological, dramatic and a romance, too. A bit on the darkside, though, as it's often cruel and bloody , but it's only 13 eps long. Won't detail , since there are a lot of reviews to read about it. Masterpiece
SharkallJun 6, 2009 3:31 AM
Jun 6, 2009 3:29 AM

Feb 2008
unmei said:

Looking for: There's two types of anime that I want to watch from. A recommendation for either or both would be great! Not something too long, such as over 50 eps.
1) A heartwarming, romance anime with drama. E.g. Clannad
2) An anime with a unique, unpredictable storyline that keeps you thinking. Psychological.

Favourite genres:
- romance
- psychological
- drama
- comedy
- I don't mind some action, but not too much so as to overwhelm the story

Fruits Basket.Paradise Kiss,Chobits,Ah! My Goddess,5 centimeters per second,Air(resembles a bit clannad),Greeen Green,Onegai Teacher,Onegai Twins,Metropolis,True Tears,Victorian Romance Emma.

All of these anime contain a lot of romance,most are also very funny.However some of them are very sad or don't have a happy ending,but I thought you should watch them since they have a very beautiful story.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jun 6, 2009 4:45 PM

Jun 2009
Thanks for the recommendations :) There all going to my plan to watch list XD
Jun 7, 2009 10:31 PM

Jun 2009
Alright, let's give this a try.

Username: Slashandz
Looking for: A Short - Medium length anime series for my free time.
Favourite Genres: Lighthearted Fantasy Adventures, containing action is a big plus.
Any other comments/information: "Fantasy" meaning swords, magic, demons, and the like.
Not a fan of mechas, hentai, or overly dark/serious anime.
"Night Wizard: The Animation" was a godsend. =P

Thanks a lot!!
Jun 7, 2009 10:56 PM

Nov 2008
@slashandz

I was going to say Tsubasa Chronicles, but it's pretty long
I think you should give Prism Ark a go. Swords, magic, romance, demons( actually called angels, but are bad ) I loved it ^^
Jun 8, 2009 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
aoikishu said:
@slashandz

I think you should give Prism Ark a go. Swords, magic, romance, demons( actually called angels, but are bad ) I loved it ^^

I've looked into it, and it certainly seems like something I'd enjoy.... except it looks awfully feminine. O_o
Regardless, I'll watch a bit and let you know what I think!
Jun 9, 2009 2:17 AM

Aug 2008
@slashandz

I would say Claymore, Fate/ stay night and To aru majutsu no index. In this order ^_^

And maybe Baccano, too, that's not exactly magic/swords/demons, but a good fantasy action nonetheless. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it.
Jun 9, 2009 4:58 AM

May 2009
Username: Dark_Puddles (hi i'm new to who ever reads this)

Looking For:
1. Supernatural, preferably mystery along the lines of xxxholic or ghost hunt. Thinking about Natsume Yuujinchou but looking for other suggestions.
2. Slice of life, comedy with some other element to it like The Melancholy.
3. Something along the lines of Kino's Journey or Mushishi.

Favourite Genres: Fantasy/Supernatural and Psychological.

Any other Info: I like darker/serious series and even more so if they have comedy at the right moments in them but not in abundance. I like anime that makes you think but I am starting to hate anime that only makes sense and seems good at the end like Baccano and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (though I quite liked them both in the end).
Though i will give most things a try.

That's probably not helpful in anyway what so ever but any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.
Dark_PuddlesJun 10, 2009 2:56 PM
Jun 9, 2009 6:10 AM

Oct 2008
1. Since you watched Ayakashi, why don't you try Mononoke
Here's some others:
Serial Experiments Lain
Seirei no Moribito

2. You have a weird definition of "Slice of life." These are really what I think of them
Aria the Animation
Genshiken
Minami-ke
Hyakko
They all have sequels except for Hyakko.
Jun 9, 2009 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
recommend me a coming of age story w/ good romance like "Touch" or "Cross Game" or "Beck" (doesn't necessarily have to be sports-related or music-related)
Jun 9, 2009 11:17 PM

May 2009
Thanks for the recommendations shoxk, I don't know why i put Kino's Journey and Mushishi as slice of life, I should of made another one, guess my brain wasn't working.
I think i might try Aria and Serial Experiments Lain.
I've read a bit about Mononoke but i didn't really like Ayakashi so i really didn't think about watching it and I just wanted to know if it's that much different than what it was like in Ayakashi?
Jun 10, 2009 12:19 AM

May 2008
shinigamidono said:
recommend me a coming of age story w/ good romance like "Touch" or "Cross Game" or "Beck" (doesn't necessarily have to be sports-related or music-related)

Hmm I'd say Dennou Coil has sort of a coming of age feel to it, it's not really heavy on romance but it is present in the show.

I would have also suggested Eureka Seven but seems like you've seen it already.
Jun 10, 2009 6:11 AM

Oct 2008
Dark_Puddles said:

I've read a bit about Mononoke but i didn't really like Ayakashi so i really didn't think about watching it and I just wanted to know if it's that much different than what it was like in Ayakashi?

If you remember the 3rd and last arch of Ayakashi about the medicine seller.. Mononoke is a separate series continuing the medicine seller adventures
Jun 11, 2009 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
aoikishu said:
@slashandz

Wow, I really underestimated Prism Ark. Aside from the unholy amount of Ecchi, this show is.... just about perfect. I'm on episode 5 and loving it!
Thank you so much!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

0 by mufarari »»
Jan 20, 5:14 AM

Sticky: » [ ★ ] Staff Recruitment

Timrots - Sep 25, 2018

1 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:05 AM

Sticky: » [HTWA] Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 4 )

tigerz - Feb 5, 2009

190 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:01 AM

» What Counts as Anime? ( 1 2 )

kittenz73 - Jan 9, 2009

60 by mdo7 »»
Dec 11, 2020 1:49 PM

» Anyone know were i can watch Glass no Kamen (2005)

Max_Hawkins - Aug 25, 2020

0 by Max_Hawkins »»
Aug 25, 2020 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.