Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2009 10:56 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Funny. In a cliché way. But I don't really care about that, as long as it is funny. Do Japanese people always take their shoes off when they enter the changing rooms?
Apr 24, 2009 11:13 AM

Jul 2008
To me it's really uninteresting if they enforce the division of the sexes like this. Hazumu is, after all, a special case.

And lately I've been getting to hate the kind of random, over-the-top violence like Tomari dishes out, so I didn't like this episode.
Jul 31, 2009 10:10 PM

Aug 2008
Hazumu is taking this pretty damn well all things considered, its basically a new life for him.. her.

Too bad for Tomari, I dunno if its just me, but childhood friends just seem to keep getting the short end of the stick as of late. We'll see how it goes

Aug 1, 2010 6:03 PM

Jan 2010
Funnier than the first episode, even if it's in a cliche way.
Feb 9, 2012 2:38 PM

Jun 2009
It's one of those thing really, you really don't like the theme but once the humour and stuff kicks in then you really like it nonetheless...
Mar 7, 2013 4:32 AM

Sep 2012
Hazumu friend Asuta is funny, he finally starts to notice her woman charm LOL, but to bad for him cause he has no chance with her, & Asuta has to endure a lot if she keeps forgetting that shes no longer a guy LOL, its sucks to be Asuta XD
Jul 23, 2013 5:36 PM
Jul 2013
I really doubt that Hazumu was ever actually a guy. Before he got the girl training, he already acts like a girl. I know it was mentioned that he was feminine, but he covers up his chest for no apparent reason before the training.
Oct 5, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2012
5/5 Great episode

I think this anime is so underrated
Feb 19, 2014 6:50 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely second episode, things sure are developing quite lovely, so let's see what happens next! But well that ending sure was nice!
Aug 28, 2014 2:29 AM

Aug 2013
Gtfo Yasuna >__> But I don't like Tomari's chances though. The childhood friend never wins.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 6:58 AM
Sep 2014
I stumbled upon this and just finished the 2nd episode. Am I the only one who thinks that there is something extremely wrong thing Hazumu?

What guy just accepts that he is now a she just like that and starts wearing girls stuff and trying to be a real girl? Thats just wrong. If the guy is gay or something, then sure, no probelm there. But if a guy is a real guy, even an effeminate one, turning into a girl would be a big deal and one justn't accept being changed just like that.

If it were me, I'd be sulking and or prettending that I'm still a guy and not even trying to make an effort be a girl. But accepting it and trying to be a girl in less than a month or so? Damn!

Honestly, I dont even care for this genere, I was looking for some stuff more like Ranma and the likes and ended up download this only to find out its slice of life some kinda lesbian thingy. Not that i have anything against that sort of stuff, i'm just not that much into it. but since i've started it, might as well finish it. I find it best to have an open mind towards new things.

for someone to just accept that he is now a she just like that is just too retarded. If some crap like this happened in real life and that dood who turned into a girl was a friend of mine, and he/she goes all girly overnight even if he's a regular dood...well...i'd be inclined to beat some sense into him.

Its a good thing that there were some funny moments plus they at least had the sense to have someone (Tomari was it?) not be ok with the whole he to she overnight change thingy...
Sep 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
ils411 said:
I stumbled upon this and just finished the 2nd episode. Am I the only one who thinks that there is something extremely wrong thing Hazumu?

What guy just accepts that he is now a she just like that and starts wearing girls stuff and trying to be a real girl? Thats just wrong. If the guy is gay or something, then sure, no probelm there. But if a guy is a real guy, even an effeminate one, turning into a girl would be a big deal and one justn't accept being changed just like that.

If it were me, I'd be sulking and or prettending that I'm still a guy and not even trying to make an effort be a girl. But accepting it and trying to be a girl in less than a month or so? Damn!

Honestly, I dont even care for this genere, I was looking for some stuff more like Ranma and the likes and ended up download this only to find out its slice of life some kinda lesbian thingy. Not that i have anything against that sort of stuff, i'm just not that much into it. but since i've started it, might as well finish it. I find it best to have an open mind towards new things.
Yeah, you're doing a great job there. I take it you're unfamiliar with the concept of discovering that one is transgendered?[/rantmode] As I commented on the first ep's thread, I genuinely believe that's what's happening here; still not sure if Hazumu is transgirl or bigender, but I'm currently leaning toward transgirl since the transformation (don't think I can quite call it a "transition") seems to have inspired an increase of self-confidence - but then, I'm bigendered, and I think that happening to me would have a similar small effect; thus why I'm only leaning in that direction at the moment. Need more data.

Tomari really needed that end scene. Another thing I'm not sure on is whether she was seriously interested in Hazumu-kun and is seeing her dream fall apart around her, or is seriously interested in Hazumu-chan (or both) and having trouble with the possibility that she's not straight. Currently leaning toward the latter, but again, need more data.

Either way, I'm already shipping a Hazumu/Tomari/Yasuna trio. |3 Actually have been since ep1! XD Also starting to ship Asuta/Ayuki; they look entirely too cute together!

Girls don't take baths with their dads? Don't tell that to Nanoha and Shirō. Or is it just that Hazumu's too old? And even if she is, c'mon, throw the man a bone! He won't get many chances like this! XD

Why was the alien(?) girl calling Hazumu an elder sibling? o.o Or was it just the common Japanese thing of referring to anyone slightly older than you as "big brother/sister"?
DuneflowerSep 24, 2016 2:24 PM
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Sep 24, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2014
Tomari has always been protective of Hazumu. Even if he is a she I am glad that her mother is happy. The father is a bit of a pervert. Asuta seems to have no problem wanting to see what's beneath. Pervert. I think perhaps tomari may have had some feeling toward the male Hazumu. I think this is a love triangle or will soon be one. That is my prediction. It is also the clssical " single teacher needs the D after x amount of years of being single. " this running gag will continue on for most of the series.
Mar 7, 2021 6:55 AM

Aug 2018
Hm, Tomari didn't visit Hazumu at all, Ayuki says.. I wonder, why she behaves like that..
Well, I mean, arrival of aliens would be historical event for our whole world.. So no wonder there are tons of press wanting to get interview..
lol.. Just how sensei is able to fall in every hole in existence.. ;P
Well.. For some reason Tomari is in some hard thoughts and feelings..
lol, students even reacted to teacher falling out of window.. I mean, if that'd happen in real life, it indeed would be something..
Well, I mean.. Hazumu needs some lessons on being girl.. But also not all of the advises are good.. Well, hopefully Hazumu will figure out himself, what suits her and not.. Himself.. I guess, I should say herself now, yeah..
Hm, so aliens are back, huh.. Wonder, what they wanna..
Jan 21, 2022 5:17 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and funny episode. Better than the first one.

"I always wanted a daughter!"

"I have always dreamed of taking a bath with a daughter!"

Hazumu's parents are clearly happy about the transformation, lol.

SerafosApr 10, 5:52 AM
Feb 10, 2023 4:22 AM

Aug 2021
Yo i fkn cried when she first walked down the stairs in the uniform y_y

god man fug like this shows just too much like i cant even watch two eps in a row its just too much man for real
elgatosaikaFeb 10, 2023 4:40 AM
Sep 2, 2023 4:29 PM

Jun 2014
Hazumu reminds me a bit of myself at times, especially when she was shown in the past, crying after falling down. I did that a lot when I was a kid.

Tomari finally realized that Hazumu's personality was always feminine like this, even before the transformation. Hazumu was always meant to be a girl.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

31 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 25, 4:26 PM

» lol wow

kisami - May 3, 2008

5 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:18 AM

» Hazumu - Transgender

Mimerio - Oct 27, 2015

7 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 7 Discussion

16 by Sword_0 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 11 Discussion

14 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.