Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2009 5:53 AM

Nov 2008
This is the Toradora ! character discussion thread! It's the general not episode related character discussion section and it runs a character popularity poll. Feel free to vote & discuss!
willyverebJan 18, 2009 6:53 AM
Jan 18, 2009 5:56 AM

Nov 2008
Of course Taiga !! xD

yay,, I'm first !!
Jan 18, 2009 5:57 AM

Oct 2008
Ryuuji. He's only normal person in the show xD
Seriosly, he's cute X3
Jan 18, 2009 6:34 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
MINORIN!

Taiga is awesome, and so is Ryuuji but Minorin is just so amazingly hilarious. She's my fave. Horie Yui ftw.

Btw, you got a typo in the poll. It's Kushieda.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 18, 2009 6:37 AM

Nov 2008
I could have sworn I did this poll already. Maybe it's in the manga section and I voted for Ryuuji then and I voted for him again. My second faves who are tied are Ya-chan (his mum) and Inko-chan (his parrot).

Then Kanou takes up third, with Ami coming up fourth, and Haruta-chan (who's not even listed) is fifth with the rest switching spots now and again meaning Kitamura and Taiga. Minorin is not on my favorite list at all, she's just there.

Surprisingly enough, excluding Ryuuji's mum, I love all the blue-haired people on the show.
Jan 18, 2009 10:04 PM
Jan 2009
Big fan of Ryuuji, but he loses points for just taking crap, like so many other characters.

Big anti-fan of Taiga...
Jan 18, 2009 10:10 PM

Apr 2007
WHERE DA AMI LOVE AT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2009 12:19 AM

Nov 2008
Neverender said:
WHERE DA AMI LOVE AT

She's fourth on my list. However, when on the episode discussion threads you can't tell since I'm always defending her. Massive Ami hate, and for what reason I have no clue, since she is one of the cooler characters.

RepeatDisc said:
Big fan of Ryuuji, but he loses points for just taking crap, like so many other characters.

Big anti-fan of Taiga...

In my thread for the manga readers/light novel readers who watch the anime of Toradora! I talk about that.

It's something that really pisses me off about the show because they totally feminize Ryuuji. In the manga/light novel he's nothing like that. He's extremely strong and masculine. It's sometimes really weird to watch the anime because I get angry at Ryuuji when in reality...or as far as the manga/light novel is considered he's nothing like that.

A perfect scene is in the early episode of the anime when Ryuuji and Taiga are running after Kitamura for cookies...the entire scene is completely different in the manga and Ryuuji was the man in it. ~sigh~ I guess they're really pushin that juxtaposing characters big time.
Jan 19, 2009 1:23 AM
Jan 2009
vaberella said:
Neverender said:
WHERE DA AMI LOVE AT

She's fourth on my list. However, when on the episode discussion threads you can't tell since I'm always defending her. Massive Ami hate, and for what reason I have no clue, since she is one of the cooler characters.

RepeatDisc said:

Big anti-fan of Taiga...

In my thread for the manga readers/light novel readers who watch the anime of Toradora! I talk about that.

It's something that really pisses me off about the show because they totally feminize Ryuuji. In the manga/light novel he's nothing like that. He's extremely strong and masculine. It's sometimes really weird to watch the anime because I get angry at Ryuuji when in reality...or as far as the manga/light novel is considered he's nothing like that.

A perfect scene is in the early episode of the anime when Ryuuji and Taiga are running after Kitamura for cookies...the entire scene is completely different in the manga and Ryuuji was the man in it. ~sigh~ I guess they're really pushin that juxtaposing characters big time.

I'll read the manga after I catch up in episodes. Thanks for the heads up!
Jan 19, 2009 6:11 AM

Nov 2008
RepeatDisc said:
vaberella said:
Neverender said:
WHERE DA AMI LOVE AT

RepeatDisc said:

Big anti-fan of Taiga...

I'll read the manga after I catch up in episodes. Thanks for the heads up!

If you speak Japanese, then I say go for it. If you don't speak Japanese and you're waiting for the translated manga online? Then I you can start reading them now, since the translation of the manga only goes up to the introduction of Ami (which shows you how ahead the anime is to the translation) and the light novel is translated pretty far and the light novel is more detailed (no pics though) than the manga. I love both.

Enjoy.
Jan 19, 2009 9:35 AM

Jan 2008
Minorin~! <3
Taiga is so flippin' adorable, but Minorin wins; gotta love her spunk.
Jan 19, 2009 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
I was struck between Ami and Minori, but i think i'm more like the character of Minori...just she need much more development. She definiatly has a dark background that masked by her joyfullness.
Jan 19, 2009 12:17 PM
Jan 2009
vaberella said:

If you speak Japanese, then I say go for it. If you don't speak Japanese and you're waiting for the translated manga online? Then I you can start reading them now, since the translation of the manga only goes up to the introduction of Ami (which shows you how ahead the anime is to the translation) and the light novel is translated pretty far and the light novel is more detailed (no pics though) than the manga. I love both.

Enjoy.

I've been learning for 2 and a half years. Time to see if I can put that to use.
Apr 4, 2009 1:55 PM

Mar 2009
Taiga! I love Taiga's character so much; she's quickly become my favorite anime girl ever. Kawaii desu!
I like Ami and Minorin, too
Jun 11, 2009 4:37 PM

Dec 2008
Jun 16, 2009 6:26 AM

Mar 2009
Inko-chan(the parrot) is so Fu*** hilarious! It made my day when i first saw it :D

!Damn, im HOT today! :D!
Jun 26, 2009 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
aisaka all the way, episode 18 is what made me a complete fan
Jun 26, 2009 12:25 PM

Dec 2007
I voted for "other", meaning Haruta.

He was pretty much the only character that stayed consistent and didn't keep bouncing off the walls with stupidity due to coerced drama.
Jul 12, 2009 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
Inko-Chan. Yeah, go Inko. That parrot was just epic.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 28, 2009 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
Do I really have to pick just one? Kinda love the entire cast as a whole but maybe ryuuji and taiga a bit more than the rest =P
Jul 28, 2009 6:09 AM

Nov 2008
What's that sudden taiga love? A Taiga fanclub assaulted the poll?:p
Anyways Taiga took the lead some time ago(from being almost at the bottom few months ago)
Jul 29, 2009 5:20 AM

Jun 2008
Lol, I'm a bigger fan of both Taiga & Ryuuji than the rest but I picked the one I felt most likely to get the lead in this poll... So yes, I did vote for Taiga, but my vote only came in after Taiga took the lead =D
Jul 29, 2009 6:04 AM

Aug 2008
1) Taiga
2) Taiga
3) Taiga
4) Ryuuji
5) Ryuuji
6) Ryuuji
Jul 29, 2009 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
Ami is my favorite :3
She has a really unusual personality that I love :3
Second I like Kitamura, OMG, he is so damn funny xDD
Jul 29, 2009 9:44 PM

Jun 2008
Miiyachan said:
Ami is my favorite :3
She has a really unusual personality that I love :3
Second I like Kitamura, OMG, he is so damn funny xDD

There were a few moments I kinda liked Kitamura, especially after he got turned down by Sumire. But my absolute fav Kitamura moment was in ep 2 when he's on the rooftop staring upwards while congratulating Ryuuji and Taiga on their 'supposed' couple status, he was just hilarious to look at xD
XenithJul 29, 2009 9:49 PM
Nov 7, 2009 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
I'm a fan of Minori, but I've gotta say that my favorite is Maya. Even though she's a minor character, she stood out somehow
Feb 3, 2010 4:32 AM

Jan 2008
Taiga all the way <3 ~
Jul 6, 2010 6:29 AM

Mar 2009
Ryuuji and Ami.
Aug 6, 2014 1:05 AM

May 2014
INKO-CHAN THE TROLL PARROTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

lolnope.

Taiga all the way, no reason needed.
Dec 13, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
A tie between Minorin and Ami for me. It's a pity that they were handled pretty poorly towards the end. The ending as good as it was left a bad taste in my mouth, especially regarding Minorin.
Dec 31, 2014 7:05 PM
Oct 2014
Taiga <3
Jan 1, 2015 1:30 AM

Nov 2009
Taiga obviously but tbh, Toradora is a series where I like pretty much everyone as they are all endearing in their own way.
Mar 20, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
AlexSadist-sama said:
Ryuuji and Ami.

Yes, without a doubt.

But I can't pick both so better give my love to the numero uno, Ami. XD

Seriously one of the best characters I've seen in a while, thought almost every one of her moments was golden, either hilarious or touching. She is also one of the few characters I've ever seen myself turn a complete 180 on within like 2 episodes. XD
Mar 19, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2015
Taiga. But Toradora is a show in which all the characters are adorable somehow. At first I didn't like much of Kawashima Ami, but when she shows its true personality I also ended up liking her.
May 9, 2017 8:08 PM

Sep 2013
taiga is a fucking bitch and ruined the whole anime for me
she is so fundamental to the anime, yet i hate her so much
seriously i would have avoided this anime if i knew this type of chracter existed, but i was new to anime at the time and had no idea people would love getting beat up by midgets and getting off to that shittttt

ami is the only enjoyable character everything else is garbage, truth right here
May 9, 2017 8:21 PM

Jun 2010
INKO-CHAN? WAIFU? LOL

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sniW - Jan 14, 2009

232 by Nefrieren »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

» Anyone else think Taiga is a very bad person? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - Jul 7, 2022

70 by Tats_Spill_Tea »»
Mar 21, 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.