Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana II Episode 3 Discussion

Oct 20, 2007 11:17 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So she's not Hecate after all? I'm still suspicious, especially since she's taken a strange liking to Yuji. I laughed when she covered her school desk. Oh and shana doing P.E. is always fun to watch. :D

I'm still curious about Yuji's part in the next eps, he really seems to become stronger in every aspect. Maybe he'll be tought something nice by Wilhelmina.Wondering about Kazumi's role though, she'll most likely get into some trouble since she can move but not really do anything inside a Fusetzu.

Surely a bigger enemy will appear pretty soon, looking forward to more.
Modified by cyruz, Oct 20, 2007 11:41 AM

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Oct 20, 2007 12:03 PM

I dont think she's Hecate either. Perhaps a doll/clone or something.

Its great to see Yuji getting stronger and stronger. It seems that he's getting a harem as a reward ;P

Like I said last week, his role will be key for me in this series. So I'll be looking forward to more of his development.

Oct 20, 2007 12:07 PM

Decent episode. Will be nice to see Yuji(hopefully) get some abilities and not just be in the way. I'd rather not like even more harem though, ghh

Oct 20, 2007 12:17 PM

lolz great epi it turns out to be a harem XD
and next epi uh shana on jealous mode
not such many action but i really hope to watch the epi one day where sakai kick asses ^^
oh and i still believe that konoe have a bigger role to play since she is imo still suspicious
ah and of course i would like to know what a life konoe have seems she is really a princess or something
hmm or maybe bel masque made her and let herobserve shana tachi...
nah anyway just looking forward for next epi ^^
Modified by Tenshin, Oct 20, 2007 12:28 PM

Oct 20, 2007 1:11 PM

This ep was kinda slow still somewhat tense.
And since I'm a sucker for drama/romance, harem or not, I'm really looking forward to 04.
I need to learn japanese so I can read the novels.
I prefer plot content over visuals.

Oh, and does anyone know how much of the novel SnS2 will cover?

Oct 20, 2007 1:20 PM

Oh well. When Shana finally confessed to Yuji that she loves him at the end of season 1 I thought all those jealousity would have come to an end, but rather it seems to becoming even worse ... >_>
I know it's an important part of the show and I liked it to some extend, but it's really getting annoying now. :|

Oct 20, 2007 1:43 PM
Anime Moderator
LOL.... IM 100% sure that Konoe is Hecate... ACtually im 200%... Also i almost died laughing at this episode... Like when she covered her desk or in the end where shana and Yoshida where Jealous!!! Mu ha ha ha....

Oct 20, 2007 1:50 PM
Man I cant wait till next episode. I gotta see what Shana will do to Yuji lol.

Oct 20, 2007 2:05 PM

lol @ Konoe's tablecloth :P

Bah. I hope Konoe's liking of Yuji has something to do with the fact that she's almost identical to Hecate (whatever that happens to mean). Two girls liking Yuji is good enough, I don't want another >.<

But on the other hand, I like how Yuji's obviously becoming more powerful, as when he was able to sense the Tomogara and Shana's power leakage :)

Oct 20, 2007 3:29 PM

Man, talk about having a few extremely jealous girls around. Konoi simply took a hold of Yuji and they got all defensive. Well, I guess its to be expected. And why does Yuji get all the girls when he does absolutely nothing? Gah!

Great start to the new season. I'm liking this drama over the Hecate look alive. Makes things interesting and I know this is definitely not going to end here. Probably some indistinguishable spell cast over her or something.

Oct 20, 2007 7:47 PM

We got a harem going!

Oct 20, 2007 7:50 PM

Wow,looks like Shana and Yoshida have another rival...Hecate,hmmm,i mean Konoe.....looks forward for another ep.....cant wait...

Oct 21, 2007 12:40 AM

Konoe's hilarious, lol. She's kawaii and very innocent but it's a shame that her look resembles Hecate. Though, I'm still suspicious - she could turn out to be the Supreme Throne or a future ally. They didn't show Hecate in this episode and Bel Peol is probably scheming for something. Some hints?

Shana... I can never stop loving you. <3 Terrific performance this week. Gotta pity those Tomogaras who don't know where they stands, haha.

Next episode doesn't look too pleasant. More on this Konoe person, apparently. Looking forward to it nonetheless~

Oct 21, 2007 1:36 AM

Nice episode- what I liked about the first season is back. I hope there is more focus on their life outside of school. I don't think the Hecate resemblance is a coincidence, but I don't think she (konoe) is bad.

Oct 21, 2007 3:08 AM

i am pretty much liking konoe...why?... i have no idea, she is kawaii and all, and it looks like a....ZOMG its here...its the shakugan no shana II square triangle!!!! -.-
cant wait to see shana being jealous, i dont care about yoshida so much though =P, i changed my opinion, she doesnt need to die, she is just annoying, and yea, all those people who hate people like me who say those kinds of things, i am sorry :(, but thats IMO..
anyways, cant wait till the OP single comes out

Oct 21, 2007 5:33 AM

It's all going just as planned.

Oct 21, 2007 5:29 PM

There's still something weird about Hecate clone... I know it...

But nice episode, there's nothing better than watching Shana kick someone's ass.
:3
Can't wait for the next episode. :3

Oct 21, 2007 6:08 PM

Konoe IS Hecate, I don't belive it's her clone or anything, it's really her, it has to be. The plan is probably to affect Yuji emotionaly, spying, or a complex plan where they needed her that [or a try to steal Reiji Maigo while Yuji's sleeps [Imagin her cute face while saing "Yuji's is MINE .. Mua..ahh..ahh"]]

Remember, Hecate never actually 'lived', and that's what she wanted, she was 'empty' and so she is there, living and being part of a bigger plan =p

As for Kazumi moving inside a Fuzetsu it's only a way for her to be with Yuji so he isn't alone with Shana, maybe she can get killed or so... idk, we can still hope! xP

I belive this will be getting a little like Naruto, remember all the power he had? It felt like infinite right? Supposely he has all that power.. So in this season they underpowered him a little, but futher I belive he will get a more important role in fights and probably subpass Shana. I'm expecting some good teamwork from Shana/Yuji.

PS - Isn't all that power Yuji has [as a torch] supposed to affect the World Balance?!! ... Too many torchs = Unbalance .. Killing too many Torchs = Unbalance ... Overpowered Torch = OMFG World END

Oct 21, 2007 6:13 PM
I didn't like the first season, but the 2nd season so far is really interesting.

Oct 22, 2007 9:37 AM

how hard is it to pick a leaf off someone's head? o.o anyways im more convinced that konoe is hacate the more they try to show that she isnt, tho it seems that she came at a bad time, yuji's love life hasn't resolved and another person joins in? XD

Oct 23, 2007 4:24 PM

It was nice... looking forward for the next episodes =)

Oct 25, 2007 11:00 PM

belial said:
As for Kazumi moving inside a Fuzetsu it's only a way for her to be with Yuji so he isn't alone with Shana, maybe she can get killed or so... idk, we can still hope! xP

I'd hate for that to happen. As much as I like to see Shana x Yuji, I still enjoy the love triangle portion of the show. I kind of like Kazumi around.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?

Oct 26, 2007 9:37 PM

Lol. I liked it. B/c it had more Shana! xD Can't wait for the next episode.

Felli disapproves of this thread.

Nov 4, 2007 2:18 AM

Sobzob said:
It's all going just as planned.

We have a plot going on here! :O
oh and btw I guess she was talking to a new villan or somt.

Mar 30, 2008 4:06 PM

But she had the same voice as Hecate.

It's so obvious because that's the voice of Kotomi in Clannad. <3

Jul 17, 2008 1:24 AM

definitely Hecate in some way. looks like Yuji is gonna become more integral to the fighting

Oct 11, 2008 11:04 PM

yeah, its pretty obvious that konoe is in some way hecate, the voice actor gives away the connection... but o well, its still funny... and yuji is becoming such a playah

Oct 28, 2008 2:17 AM

Konoe is so cute lol i think shes either a part of Hecate or is her without her power and got turned human

Jan 17, 2009 5:15 PM

YOSHIDA STILL NEEDS TO DIE

Mar 17, 2009 5:10 PM

a new love rival to Shana..
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!

Jun 18, 2009 4:41 PM

i get the feeling that the tomogara got hecate to become human.

konoe is too clingy to yuji and honest with herself. i guess that might be the reason why she gets so close to yuji in the next ep.

Jul 17, 2009 9:22 PM

Everything about this episode seems really suspicious. Something is definitely up.

Dec 31, 2009 2:36 AM

Harem tiiiiime =^_^= wait a minute... why... I almost hate harem time T.T

Jan 18, 2010 7:35 PM

Maybe kanoe is the human form of hecate taken away from her or something. perhaps they'll add more plot conventions soon to explain the resemblance..knowing anime and SNS it cant just be a coincidence can it? x.x

Jan 22, 2010 8:11 PM

saxophone said:
Everything about this episode seems really suspicious. Something is definitely up.
I agree.

Feb 6, 2010 6:25 AM

Davyu said:
saxophone said:
I agree.

Same here. I stll think that new girl is Hecate...

Mar 16, 2010 9:57 PM

I actually found this episode hilarious.

They built up so much suspicion over that girl, and then in the end they just have Yuji say, "Yeah. One of those accidental resemblances." *happy school music plays in background*

See that girl over there? She's definitely a bad guy. I can smell her non-human flesh a mile away. You want evidence? Pfft who needs evidence, she reeks of evil.

*picks a fight with a random bad guy, who just HAPPENS to be there at the righty-wrong time. Look-alike gets slight cut and bleeds *.

Damn, guess we were wrong. Hope she doesn't blame us for a gash on her arm; we were just taking precautions, you know?

We should of realized she was just, you know... one of "those" cases.

Apr 7, 2010 2:20 AM

hahaha...this is what you call

"REAL JEALOUSY DRILL"!!! ^^
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 20, 2010 10:03 PM

Lol, so this show has turned into "suspicious harem", eh? Fine by me :)
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Nov 2, 2010 6:00 PM

Somehow I knew things would turn out with "Konoe" going after Yuuji too. :| And I don't know whether to think she's Hecate or not, but she's DEFINITELY a part of Bel Peol's new scheme... And I'm thinking that the Tomogara that tried to eat Konoe's power of existence was also part of the scheme... Maybe all part of some plan to make Shana and Yuuji let down their guard around Konoe? Or just Yuuji, actually. Pretty hard to get Shana let down her guard.

Ahem. Enjoyable episode. :D I really liked it. Yuuji's getting stronger and yep, is getting a harem in return. Oh wellz... Hope he ends up with Shana in the end anyway.

EDIT - Wait, where did the scratch on Konoe's elbow go the next day they saw her? ... Did they heal it for her? ... Or did I miss something...
Modified by merle_noir, Nov 2, 2010 6:07 PM

Jan 9, 2011 4:36 AM

That Konoe is too cute, just like Hecate. Still is suspicious, though.
And Konoe creates some kind of love square. >>

Dec 20, 2011 9:47 PM

I've taken a liking to that Konoe individual.

Mar 17, 2012 7:32 AM

I'm certain Konoe has something to do with Hecate. She must be a clone/puppet of sorts.
Also, I hate that now Shana has another rival. I hope Konoe and Yoshida kill of each other and only Shana remains :D

Mar 17, 2012 8:12 PM

I don't understand why Yoshida gets so much hate. She is not *in the way* or anything. Not only would Shana never have made a move on Yuji without Yoshida, Yoshida was there, first, so it's actually Shana that is speeding things up, not Yoshida. It's also the usual way to go, we get the" hero" and his/her supernatural friend, the "normal" people have to stay put even if they would have married the "hero" the next day if the event that caused the supernatural friend appear in the city would not have happend.

But no, just because they get the main focus besides the one they fight over due to the story they deserve to push everyone aside? That borders racism, supernatural people are better then normal. As i said, i am talking about the usual way it plays out, if someone likes person x better then y, like Shana over Yoshida, that's his opinion.

I don't excactly dislike Shana, either, but it would be refreshing to have him end up with Yoshida.

Or Konoe, if she isn't related to Bal Masque/Hecate. At least she immediately likes him and isn't like "he's just a torch" or does try to kill him.

As she's obviously related to Hecate/Bal Masque in some way, that's out of question though.

The most stupid way would be not to settle this one way or the other, with Yoshida being in love since before Season 1, and them having refreshed their vows to not lose in Season 2. Best would be to settle it during a season, like, this, and not keeping it back for the end of Season 3 or even for some movie that follows.

Aug 8, 2012 1:56 PM

I like konoe :)
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"

Jun 29, 2013 3:58 PM

Harem!

Dec 15, 2013 1:31 PM

Okay, I lol'd at and had to pause on the teacher having a lazy eye at about 6:40 in this episode. In fact I'd say his facial expression makes him even funnier than Derpy Hooves in this regard. XD

It's weird, really. This anime isn't necessarily one of my favourites as such (I give it a 7/10 atm), but whenever I watch it I seem to get hooked on it, something that I can't really say about any other 7/10 series I've seen. Ah well, must be a good thing. :)
"Get chance and luck!"

Mar 30, 2014 9:22 PM

That look too much like a set up made so Shana and Yuuji drop down their guard. That random guy was probably part of the plan too.

That Hecate clone really is a damn princess. Not even being able to get her manual off her bag by herself xD

We finally saw Margery do something, it was about time.

Shana taking the brutal route is totally her style :P

Anyway, it look like Konoe will had herself to the already love polygon.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

May 25, 2014 11:43 AM

I still think she is. There's some special trick. But she looks cute

Aug 28, 2014 1:18 PM
I hate Fumina. And that hate just grows after watching later episodes.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »