Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2013 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, I enjoyed this episode as well.

Yajima, what the hell are you doing? LMAO. The Rika moments were great too.
Jul 13, 2013 9:27 AM
Dec 2012
LOL poor Yajima. It was a very sensual moment when she was about to flip up *her* skirt. That execution was superb. Just wish other anime also had that kind of subtle fanservice with real girls, which would be more effective than direct & apparent fanservie.

It was an interesting episode, but I don't know where the series is headed.
eminagnamJul 13, 2013 9:34 AM
Jul 13, 2013 12:39 PM
May 2012
why are traps always the cutest characters in anime? ;o me like x)
Jul 13, 2013 12:59 PM

Apr 2011
I'm liking this new season, and it's making me want to read the manga. It's without a doubt different from the other seasons, but it hasn't turned into some moe' girl school club show. In fact it seems to be a slight parody of them. The characters still act like actual otaku, and they still have problems with one another like actual humans. Kind of wish Hato's VA was an actual guy who was good at sounding feminine, it would make it more realistic in that sense. Also allowing for the moments where her voice will change to sound less awkward. Good episode, had a lot of hilarious moments.

Jul 13, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2013
Hato x Madarame lol.
Jul 13, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2012
Man, didn't think we'd see someone's personality so quickly, quite impressed, has to be annoying if you're sensitive about your looks and someone of another gender comes along and does it so spectacularly.

I want more Sue, more than just a joke character. :(
And man, hopefully some more Madarame, been missin' the bro yo.

Jul 13, 2013 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
I'm totally impressed with the new season and the new crop of characters. Looks like I'll have to catch up with the manga to get the full story on the Oguie and Sasahara romance, though. Already bumped this from an eight to a nine based on this episode.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 13, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
Dropped.
Jul 13, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Dat face in the Opening :D

Jul 13, 2013 2:16 PM
May 2012
GREW said:
Dropped.

thx for letting us know, ...
Jul 13, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2011
Raphow said:
GREW said:
Dropped.

He's going to go watch more quality shows. Like Highschool DxD....
Jul 13, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2012
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Raphow said:
GREW said:
Dropped.

Hey hey, don't be dissin' the DxD.

Jul 13, 2013 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
Orevataf said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Raphow said:
GREW said:
Dropped.

Hey, I want oppai I get oppai :D And not some crossdressing people who draw gay pairs where one of them is holding the others dick :D
Jul 13, 2013 3:19 PM
May 2012
GREW said:
Orevataf said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Raphow said:
GREW said:
Dropped.

Hey, I want oppai I get oppai :D And not some crossdressing people who draw gay pairs where one of them is holding the others dick :D

i am male but i am wondering why guys are so adverse towards yaoi and stuff, i am similar to hato cuz i somehow am fond of BL and love traps in anime, still digging oppai and loli and stuff, ...but that's just me ...
Jul 13, 2013 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
I just can't like the new main cast.

I liked the first 2 seasons.. but this cast is just unlikable. So I think i'll drop this.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 13, 2013 6:08 PM
Oct 2012
rederoin said:
I just can't like the new main cast.

I sympathize, though I am generally happy with the show, I really hate what they did with Ogiue's voice. It is just so totally plain now, she lost her Touhoku accent, and has none of that edge that defined her as a character in the second season (and made her so appealing). Now she sounds like a normal "cute" girl, and is as boring as one. The sound director really needs to be drawn and quartered over that one.

Raphow: the answer to your question is that most people here are immature. I am not into BL or Yaoi, but give me a good story and I don't care if it is part of the plot. Genshiken is about Otaku culture, all of it, not just the male part. One of the fun things about this show is that they explore all aspects of being an Otaku, not just the "oppai" genre. But the little kids here can't handle that. They don't realize how similar they are to ten year olds going "ewwww gross" when they first learned that boys and girls kiss.

Edit: the episode cut out that they were drinking alcohol at the apartment. I guess it wasn't essential, but it did kind of take away the explanation for Yamaji's actions.
Takuan_SohoJul 13, 2013 6:12 PM
Jul 13, 2013 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
I got that they were getting drunk, it didn't come out and say it, but it heavily implied it.
Jul 13, 2013 6:24 PM
Oct 2012
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
I got that they were getting drunk, it didn't come out and say it, but it heavily implied it.

Humm, wasn't sure how obvious it was since I knew what to expect. In the manga they used it to show that Rika is a year older than the others, having been a "yojimbo" for a year. Still watching the episode now so I am not sure if they will bring this up. Again, not important, just a little character development.

Ah, earlier you asked whether you should read the comics. If you are liking the show, then definitely. The animation is pretty faithful, but there are a lot of little things that they don't have time to show.
Jul 13, 2013 6:36 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, even the OP is showing Hato as the main character of the series.

Kouhais hanging out. lol @ that huge girl getting curious about Hato. lol @ Ohno's face when heard that Kuchiki already found the job at his home.

Then kouhais helping out with Ogiue's manga. The reason behind Hato's wearing female costume revealed. lol @ the end with Ohno wanting to do everyone's cosplay.
tsubasaloverJul 13, 2013 7:04 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 13, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2012
Enjoyed this episode! And I can't stop laughing at Yajima at this:
"I lose at having clear skin. I lose at drawing stuff. But I can win at straight lines.." then bam!!! Haha.
Jul 13, 2013 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
I sympathize, though I am generally happy with the show, I really hate what they did with Ogiue's voice. It is just so totally plain now, she lost her Touhoku accent, and has none of that edge that defined her as a character in the second season (and made her so appealing). Now she sounds like a normal "cute" girl, and is as boring as one.

I re-watched the second season and the differences with Ogippe's new 'Nidaime' VA are a just jarring. It won't prevent me from continuing to watch and enjoy the show, but it's a disappointment. I loved that accent.

This was a nice episode; great character development. Maybe it was just me, but I was kind of expecting to hear that familiar "La La La" chorus cue, during Yajima's 'inspection' of Hato.
Jul 13, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
Better then I thought it would be.
It was really straight forward and I understood what was going on without seeing the other seasons.
Jul 13, 2013 11:06 PM

Feb 2013
Those anime references LOL

"two piece"
"smooth smooth fruit"
"Cramp" XD
Jul 14, 2013 12:07 AM
May 2013
YOU GUYS FRAU IN THE OP IT'S FRAAAAUUUUUU I can't get over this I really can't
Jul 14, 2013 12:11 AM

Apr 2013
pp813 said:

"two piece"
"smooth smooth fruit"
"Cramp" XD
You forgot to mention these

I was cracking up so hard at that entire scene XD
Jul 14, 2013 2:12 AM

Jul 2007
voll said:
pp813 said:

"two piece"
"smooth smooth fruit"
"Cramp" XD
You forgot to mention these

I was cracking up so hard at that entire scene XD

Someone needs to introduce Hato (and the other girls) to Kintama >P

Ah, that was a nice ep, Hato is making a better woman that me too, I'm afraid.

Anyway, I love this so far. I loved the previous seasons, but as fellow fujoshi I relate much more to these bunch of otaku girls (wish I could draw as well). I've never found anyone to share my interests (not just BL) until I moved to Japan. I know how hard it is to be different.

Actually the other day my friend dragged me to gothic lolita shops in Harajuku, and for the first time I got a close look at the people who like to dress like that, and there was even a guy wearing a pink fluffy tunic (he was not feminine at all and not wearing a wig), it was a little strange to me, but kind of awesome at the same time.
I like that he can dress however he wants, and be himself, and I can be a tomboy and wear my geeky t-shirts and superman chucks as often as I like and not be judged as I would've been in my home country. ♥ Japan.
Jul 14, 2013 2:36 AM

Feb 2010
Enjoying this one.
And lol, I'm kinda interested on what's under that skirt. lolololollol
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 14, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Cashdaxxx said:
Enjoying this one.
And lol, I'm kinda interested on what's under that skirt. lolololollol

The Universe, of course.
Jul 14, 2013 4:39 AM
Jan 2012
this two reminds me of gintoki and hijikata

Jul 14, 2013 6:42 AM
Apr 2011
Ogiue likes Attack on Titan LOL. Even though I have read the manga, I find this episode pretty funny.
Jul 14, 2013 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
Opening is nice. lol @ Madarame x Hato
Fat girl saw the D O_O
Next episode, Madarame x Saki!!!

Jul 14, 2013 9:39 AM

Mar 2012
Gotta go back and watch the previous seasons after this
Jul 14, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2012
Yajima, Mirei's voice acting really sucks for his personality
Jul 14, 2013 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
mrtvaroka said:
this two reminds me of gintoki and hijikata

I'm pretty damn sure it's Gintoki and Tosshi, since the hairstyles are way too similar. XD
Jul 14, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2012
Spotted this one too!!! Furugoori cosplay!!

And looking forward to Madarame and Saki next episode!
Jul 14, 2013 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Haha, that moment was really something !

Although I read the manga, there are unfortunately any releases of Nidaime here, in France so, all these event are new to me. And I enjoyed this episode a lot. I loved the mood and the pacing.

I also love Yoshitake, she's such a bro. :)
Jul 15, 2013 8:53 AM

Dec 2011
I'm enjoying this very much! This episode was very funny, specially the flipping of the skirt *LMAO* Can't wait for the next episode. ^^
Jul 15, 2013 9:18 AM
Jul 2013
What have they done with Oguie's voice? And where are the extremely nerdy facts, references (NO one piece doesn't count) and cute sub-plots like Kujibiki Unbalance?

Disappointed so far

Still, we saw some character development this episode, and it might just have a slow start. Will continue
Jul 15, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2013
^ I kinda have to agree with BlackOdd about the lack of Kujibiki Unbalance in this new series (course, I think Kujian is pretty much a thing of the past at this point with these new/girl characters)
Anyways, ep was so-so but I am def. looking forward to the next ep from what I saw in the preview!

Jul 17, 2013 6:51 AM

Jul 2010
I'm getting sick of all this fujoshi crap :/ I miss the old genshiken. Sasahara & crew we're much more interesting than these women. I think i might give it one or two more eps then I'm done.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 18, 2013 4:38 AM

Jul 2009
I still can't get over the voice changes, but I do enjoy the show somewhat. The main Genshiken characters are treated like cameos (like in the manga), but the female characters just isn't as interesting as the original Genshiken club members was. Next episode looks awesome, lots of Madarame! I hope they will animate that "shocking scene" with

I would currently rate this show 7/10, while the original Genshiken was absolutely 10/10
Keitaro004Jul 18, 2013 4:41 AM
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Jul 18, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Judging by the preview at the end of this ep, we'll also see the return of Sasahara's little sister (which is good cuz them completely leaving her out of Genshiken 2 anime just to give her roles from the manga more to Kuchiki kinda sucked)

Jul 20, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
This episode is so full of him/her, including the OP lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 20, 2013 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
Watching this and time flies by too fast. I am just enjoying this so much!
Jul 21, 2013 6:12 AM

Nov 2010
Crossdressing Hato loves BL and daydreaming about Hato x Madarama
It doesn't get better than that xD
Jul 21, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Yeesh. Watching this reminds me of how Saki was weirded out by otakus in the first season. Will Nidaime ever get to a point where I go, "Hey these character's aren't too bad. They're actually kinda cool in a way" the same way Saki did in the past 2 seasons?

Hah and they finally did an Ohno(Oh No) pun. Is this the first one or did I miss a couple from the past?
NicTacJul 21, 2013 3:43 PM
Jul 23, 2013 2:48 PM

Dec 2008
I have to agree with what others have said, that not having all the past voice actors for established characters is jarring, but as others have said, it will not prevent me from enjoying the anime of a creator which I enjoy. Although, yes they cut the alcohol in the scene, this anime version kept the essentials of the chapter, which is an overall good thing.
Aug 2, 2013 6:39 PM
Aug 2010
Why is the OP so focused on Hato? If anyone should be the focus girl, it should be Ogiue. I guess even the producers and director are gay for Hato. Anyways, I've always liked Yoshitake in the manga but in the anime she's just so much love.

Though if you read the manga, you would know that a huge chunk of it is focused on the who Hato x Mada thing, which I totally ship BTW; it has more intimate moments and development than Mada x Saki or Saki x Kousaka ever did. If Hato was a girl it would work but then it would come off as too wish-fullfilly because Hato is perfect...except he's a guy.
BobjonesAug 2, 2013 6:47 PM
Aug 3, 2013 11:47 AM

Jan 2012
HatoXmadarame had me laughing, poor Madarame
Aug 6, 2013 5:54 AM

May 2012
01:04 dat traparse

12:24 "Crp! She's gonna steal my harem" LOOOL

21:53 boinboin
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

89 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 2, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

91 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.