Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2009 6:27 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*looks around* no discussion for this episode? o.o

well damn it, i liked the puppet boy :'(

all the singing cracked me up in this episode XD

AT LAST, NEXT EPISODE IS THE PRINCE ! ! ! purple hair? interesting o.o and wow, Agni looks great >3>
Jan 17, 2009 6:49 PM

Dec 2008
Sebastian singing = epic win.

Enjoyed the ep though. Nice moments of Ciel being compassionate, and Grell is always amusing/great.

Looking forward to the next ep~

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 17, 2009 6:56 PM

Aug 2007
I'm really looking forward to watching the subbed version! ^^
Jan 17, 2009 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
puedjies said:
I'm really looking forward to watching the subbed version! ^^

I believe a subbed version was released by Ronnery a few hours ago. :s

Jan 17, 2009 7:52 PM

Apr 2008
I really look forward to watching new episodes of this show. :)

Aw, Grell is so win. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2009 2:31 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting, the return of the previous master of Puru.
Jan 18, 2009 12:31 PM

Jul 2008
GRELL <3
Great episode, loved it when Grell got trampled by Pluto haha xD Kuroshitsuji has the most epic fillers.
Jan 18, 2009 3:57 PM

Aug 2008
Grell. . .is so funny xD
Well the episode kept telling us "the audience" that it's one of Ciel's family members.
I believe it's his father. b/c the mark. And Lizzy almost dieing was kinda sad to watch. I started liking her when she really watched to see Ciel smile once agn. I would like to see that. Puru :3

Angela at the end was jaw dropping! :O Puru's master.
Jan 23, 2009 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
I was excited that I got to see Grell again...I started to miss him...the part where Sebastian was singing was the best and the part where he was like my fair lady to Ceil and Ciel was like what lady lol
Jan 23, 2009 1:16 PM

Sep 2008
Abyssinianrose07 said:
the part where Sebastian was singing was the best and the part where he was like my fair lady to Ceil and Ciel was like what lady lol

Yeah!! I totally agree!!

I don't like Puru thou' .... --_--
But..episode was good ^^
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Jan 25, 2009 3:04 PM

Oct 2007
Is this arc anime-only as somone said that Puru is anime-only? Anyway mediocre arc, this whole Hope arc hasn't been the strongest but still pretty good.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 26, 2009 1:33 PM

Mar 2008
I want that little puppet!! even if it is a bit creepy o__o

but yes, I was expecting his father too when Ciel ran around the chair, but I guess it makes sense that it's Angela and all - I thought she'd turn up again when they left the dog village a couple of episodes ago.. and Puru was fine with the crazy puppet thing.. What's weird is it looks like the next ep has nothing to do with the puppets and the Fragment of Hope which makes.. little sense to say the least :/ especially since we now know who's behind it!

oh!

and finally, a word for Grell >w< and the word is: WIN
Jan 28, 2009 5:27 AM

Jun 2008
I liked it. If I hadn't read the manga, I would've assumed that it is part of the story. I like/fear creepy puppet dolls.
Feb 7, 2009 11:52 PM

Nov 2006
So they're not finishing this filler, but putting it off until later?!!?!?! aughdlajsdlafa;dfj
Feb 8, 2009 4:13 PM

Apr 2007
The first half was good (Sebastian singing and such), but I didn't really like how it ended...
Too corny with Elisabeth being saved and having the birthdayparty.

Well, since people say this is filler, it was impossible for her to die I guess, but she WAS already turned into a doll. Her face looked like metal. But it just turned back to flesh?! That was a bit poor about this episode... Either they should have saved her in time, or let her die, but not having her turned into a doll and she transforms back to human without a reason. =/

*still thinks that Angela is a guy*
Feb 9, 2009 9:14 PM

Aug 2008
Well, we all knew Angela was going to be important at some point :)

But then, when Elizabeth was leaving... her servant gave me the chills. Seriously. I bet she's a 'butler,' too.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Feb 17, 2009 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
Wow it was good action, and many dramatic moments! I enjoyed it very much =)

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Apr 13, 2009 12:17 AM

Jan 2008
Finally we find out more about Ciel's past but it is still to veg so far I love the show not giving it a 10 just yet but very soon so it looks like.
Jun 19, 2009 6:15 AM

Apr 2009
canis said:
Well, since people say this is filler, it was impossible for her to die I guess, but she WAS already turned into a doll. Her face looked like metal. But it just turned back to flesh?! That was a bit poor about this episode... Either they should have saved her in time, or let her die, but not having her turned into a doll and she transforms back to human without a reason. =/

Exactly, that bugged me Dx
And I KNEW it was Angela. Lol.

JadeMatrix said:
But then, when Elizabeth was leaving... her servant gave me the chills. Seriously. I bet she's a 'butler,' too.

Yeah, it was creepy o.o That would be so awesome if she was one too x3

And of course, epic win took form of singing Sebastian and aroused (aw come on, he was almost fapping in that scene when Sebastian was staying right before him XD) Grell.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 1, 2009 2:40 PM

Aug 2008
Sebas-chan singing was love. Grell is funny and perverted as always xD
Ciel caring for Lizzy was so cute and she was adorable, caring so much for him and his happiness too ;_;

Please make Pluto disappear, it's so annoying -.- And omg Angela is back D:

Lovely episode ^^

Aug 2, 2009 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
thank god lizzy went back to mormal
Aug 8, 2009 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
"Sebby" singing was so cute ^_^!!!
'What "lady"?' Ciel was hilarious =))
Sebastian to Grell:"You're without principles." please stop, i can't take it anymore=)))))
Grell was cutting his fingernails with his scissors-scynthe: "When you kiss me, use your tongue, the tongue.." ROFL can you possibly die for laughing too hard??

but overall pretty creepy episode; i still have a thing with puppets ever since i was little and i watched Chucky one night... and the Puppeteer was really cool... until the end that is, he died too easily.

Aug 13, 2009 4:36 PM

Aug 2007
man, Sebastian singing was definitely... the high point of this episode. I think I died a little inside, LMAO.

Grell, though I usually find him annoying, was pretty funny in this ep. :)
Oct 5, 2009 6:44 PM

Aug 2009
I've gotta say...

Sebastian sure knows how to charm a girl ;D

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 6, 2009 10:59 PM

Sep 2008
Sebastian singing was <3
But the puppets creeped me out Dx Under normal circumstances I would've thought it was stupid, but me and freaky dolls do not go well together. Stupid childhood fears.
Dec 13, 2009 3:40 AM

Aug 2008
owww~~~that must hurt when Ciel slapped Sebastian/
Pluto is so cuteee *o*

and kyyaa~~ grell is so funny. < 3 and sebastian told that he's tongue is very good. ; 3
and hm.... Angela?~!
Dec 20, 2009 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
loves sebastian's singing. and greil is funny as always, taking care of his nails with his 'death skythe' scissors XD

really nice episode. I liked it. the nexxt one looks liek it's going to be very different
Jan 23, 2010 10:06 AM

Aug 2009
WHAT THE FUCK? WAS THAT ANGELINA IN THE END THAT CRUSHED THE SCARY LOOKING MIDGET DOLL? I KNEW IT, ANGELINA WILL BE ONE OF THE BOSSES. Also, I didn't know demons can tie a cherry knot with their tongue, lmao.

Okay so it was a nice episode. Elizabeth was turned into a doll but after they have beaten that doll, Elizabeth turned back into human, lol. I don't care how as long as Elizabeth is alive, I'm happy. :3 I love Elizabeth. I just can't wait to see her grow up. >:3

I wonder who was the controller of the dolls. Also, it seems to be that Ciel really had a bad past. I really wonder what happened to him and how he got the contract. Also, Grell and Pluto were also awesome. I just love it when they're all together.
Jan 28, 2010 11:58 AM

Nov 2009
Hahaha omg this episode was epic! Grell and Pluto = win, Sebastian singing = win, humor = win XD
Feb 18, 2010 7:55 PM

Jan 2010
oh shit! i would have NEVER suspected that
it realllyyyy shocked me. and i know im writing this quite late, but whatever(:
Mar 21, 2010 6:03 PM

Jan 2010
im kinda mad the joker is gone, he was hot. LOL greil! i loved it since he showed up, he always makes an episode so funny! : P
Mar 24, 2010 4:56 PM

Aug 2009
Loved that it became a little darker again! This anime gets so strong and powerful when it's all dark and gloomy! Anywayz, I hope this all filler thing will turn out to be okay... i started reading the manga now and i'm on the part where it's his b-day like in this ep... well it's totally different there.. still liked this episode.. but hope they will both match up somehow and that a lot of things will be explained soon.. cause we're half way through the anime already..
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jun 21, 2010 5:37 PM

Jun 2010
JusticeUndone said:
Loved that it became a little darker again! This anime gets so strong and powerful when it's all dark and gloomy! Anywayz, I hope this all filler thing will turn out to be okay... i started reading the manga now and i'm on the part where it's his b-day like in this ep... well it's totally different there.. still liked this episode.. but hope they will both match up somehow and that a lot of things will be explained soon.. cause we're half way through the anime already..
QFT
Jul 3, 2010 4:18 PM
Mar 2010
What's up with the red girl/man or whatever he is? ;o
Aug 13, 2010 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
I LOVE GRELL'S LOVE FOR SEBBY! <3

AND SEBASTIAN'S SINGING WAS LOVELY!

Great Episode! :D
Sep 4, 2010 6:48 AM

Nov 2008
- Grell makes me LOL more and more
- I feel bad for Ciel, with those flashbacks of him being tortured :'(
- Sebastian singing = epic win
- I was hoping for that puppet guy to live a little longer, but oh well..
- Even though I already thought there was something with Angela, she was the last person I was thinking about to be involved in this case.

Really nice episode :D
Sep 9, 2010 6:30 PM

Jun 2009
Angela is evil XD
Sep 10, 2010 1:00 AM

May 2010
Selkaine said:
I've gotta say...

LOL at Grell's reaction after Sebastian said that... xD

Grell = Epic Gay WIN

Angela at the end was unexpected.. O_o

Also, Tamaka with Drill Hair is still funny :D
Sep 23, 2010 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
Selkaine said:
I've gotta say...

YESSSSSS/ Soo hawt.

Grell was hilarious the whole time; and I honestly thought Lizzy was done for, like they couldn't bring her back-- but I was wrong.

Now that we know who's behind this, I wonder how it'll all pan out.
Oct 12, 2010 7:04 PM

May 2010
So...did all those other girls die? They must have right?
Also, TOTALLY called it being Angela behind it all.

And does anyone else get a little upset when Ciel starts acting too caring towards Elizabeth? Him and Sebastian should be together!
Oct 20, 2010 12:03 PM

Sep 2009
Creepy puppet ^^
And Angela was the guilty on...
Oct 23, 2010 5:49 PM

Jun 2009
I knew it was Angela, otherwise why would Pluto seem so eager?

Deus ex machina incident: All the other doll-girls died -it’s a guess since they didn't show any clue about them- and only Elizabeth was alive? She was already a metal doll, how would she become human again? I bothered me to no end. Also, Ciel should stop being worried about her. He’s acting too caring all of sudden.

Paula looks suspicious in this episode.
AnisamarOct 24, 2010 12:48 PM
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Oct 30, 2010 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
The episode was nice, but...
WANNA SEE MORE UNDERTAKERRR ^_^
Dec 7, 2010 9:58 AM
Jul 2010
So this is a filler? I was really surprised about that. For me it's probably the best episode so far. I just love when things get a darker. That creepy puppet at the end was amazing. Angela being involved was expected but what are her motives? I'd also love to know more about Ciel's past.

The only bad thing about this episode is Elizabeth not dying. It's not that I wanted her to die. It's just that... she was already turned into a metal doll and then she gets back to being a flesh and bone girl without an explanation! That was bad. I was really moved by her efforts to see Ciel smile. At first she annoyed me but now I think she's a great character 'cause she really cares for Ciel. I have to say that I was really disappointed that he didn't smile.
Dec 16, 2010 7:46 AM

Jun 2010
I love it in TV shows when enemies have to work together. Seeing Grell team up with Ciel and Sebastian was great!

Having Elizabeth turn back to normal with Love was a little lame. Can't wait to hear Angela's motives for all this, though!

I was wondering just how far the weird ritual stuff went. That still with the chains gives us a pretty clear understanding of why Ciel is so cold.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2010 12:11 AM
Mar 2010
so at least it makes sense as to why Pluto was being friendly towards the 'master' doll
That doll was extremely creepy
Jan 26, 2011 10:57 AM
Jan 2011
Newheights said:
I've gotta say...

Ahaha.. (While that translation sounds more romantic...It doesn't seem to get Sebastian's meaning across. I was wondering why Sebastian would intentionally encourage Grell's fangirlism :P)

Even with the sub I'm watching (which does a great job with naturalizing English sayings) giving his line the more flat-out "I tie cherry stalks with my tongue," I still had to look it up to get what it meant. I'd never heard of the saying before.

For anyone else out there who didn't get this joke...

Cherry stems are rather delicate, and tying them into knots without tearing them requires some level of dexterity, even by hand. Being able to do this in your mouth shows you have some skill with your tongue.

Naturally, this implication...delighted Grell (to say the least XD), while doubling as an implied threat from Sebastian that he might do the same to Grell's tongue if he tries anything X'D

Brilliant, brilliant! I love those two! XD ♥
CartoonmasterJan 26, 2011 11:14 AM
Feb 7, 2011 12:02 AM

Sep 2009
OMG! Sebastian can tie a cherry stem with his tongue *nose bleed*
I think I had to rewind the episode 20 times to hear that line
Lol
Feb 15, 2011 11:35 PM

Apr 2009
Angela?!! That's why Pluto was so friendly. There's more to Angela than what's shes been telling.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 26, 2011 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was alright, I thought the little puppet was creepy
Newheights said:
I've gotta say...

Oh I loved that part lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

69 by Apratim »»
Today, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

318 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Today, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 30, 2008

115 by Apratim »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zeino - Mar 12, 2009

110 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

107 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.