Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 10:28 AM
Feb 2012
Well, what to say other than...

FUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAH!

This is terrific news and the best anime-related one I've heard in quite a while. Thanks!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 12, 2013 10:29 AM
Jan 2013
delirious said:
I just finished watching Carnival Phantasm few minutes ago, wishing there would be more and this happens. Wow. Now all we need is a Tsukihime remake. Great News.

You should read the manga All Around Type-Moon then
Jul 12, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
Holy shit...Can't believe this is actually happening.....Heaven's Feel FTW!!
Jul 12, 2013 10:30 AM

May 2009
CurrentUsername said:
Gen Urobuchi? TELL ME NOW>? Is he writing the story?
No.
Jul 12, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2011
CurrentUsername said:
Gen Urobuchi?
Gen Urobuchi?
Gen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen Urobuchi?
TELL ME NOW>? Is he writing the story?

lolno.

Have you ever heard of Nasu Kinoko?
TennoujiJul 12, 2013 10:37 AM

Jul 12, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
CurrentUsername said:
Gen Urobuchi?
Fate/stay night existed long before Fate/Zero was written and it was not written by UrobuchiGen.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 12, 2013 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
CurrentUsername said:
I refused to watched the original series because it had stupid annoying teenagers, F/Z did it tight, no fan service, no schools, no horny teenagers.
Perhaps you should refuse to see this coming anime then.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 12, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
WOHOO WOHOOO WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

More ufotable FSN!!!

ZXCCCCXXASDZXCXZCXCC!!!!!!!!! DAMNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Jul 12, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2012
CurrentUsername said:
Gen Urobuchi?
Gen Urobuchi?
Gen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen UrobuchiGen Urobuchi?

Nope. Fate/stay night visual novel was written by Nasu.
Jul 12, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
waaaaaaaaaaaayyzzzzzzzzzz I cant believe this incredible newss...this is going to be ah blast..this is truly... really and truly..worth living for...unless it turns out to be crap..but yh great news..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2013 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
ZeroReq011 said:
Finally. Now I don't have to force myself to watch the original version.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 12, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 2010
Don't remember where did i hear Nasu or someone saying they didn't have much budget for Tsukihime and that was first adaptation and this and that. I wonder if the series will keep getting neglected. Was there some kind of life-time contract with JC.Staff.
Jul 12, 2013 10:39 AM

Oct 2012
another fate? pass!!
still waiting for tsukihime remake
Jul 12, 2013 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
Han-yuu said:
Don't remember where did i hear Nasu or someone saying they didn't have much budget for Tsukihime and that was first adaptation and this and that. I wonder if the series will keep getting neglected. Was there some kind of life-time contract with JC.Staff.

Jul 12, 2013 10:46 AM
Oct 2010
Unfortunate, but it was eventually going to happen. I think alot of people are going to go into this expecting something else and will be disappointed. I would have preferred if they went ahead with Fate/Prototype and let Gen handle it.

That aside, do any of you guys have info on how the new KNK movie is being received?
Jul 12, 2013 10:46 AM

Jun 2010
Finally, amazing news. Since HF was never adapted before, that would be the most suitable route.
However, I wonder, what about Girls' Work? Seems that ufotable has forgotten of that project.
Jul 12, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
That aside, do any of you guys have info on how the new KNK movie is being received?
Which one? The 3D one, or the Mirai Fukuin one? But neither is released to theaters anyway...

Jul 12, 2013 10:49 AM
Oct 2010
symbv said:
skudoops said:
Which one? The 3D one, or the Mirai Fukuin one? But neither is released to theaters anyway...

Mirai Fukuin, thought it was supposed to be out already.

Apr 2010
Ufotable can adapt it well. Heaven's Feel has a lot of mature contest in it, but there is still a PS2 version of it, so I believe they can adapt to the television too.
Great news!
Apr 2009
My PTW list just got solo'd in one announcement.
Jul 12, 2013 10:51 AM

Sep 2011
Han-yuu said:

Tsukihime got an anime adaptation?

Jul 12, 2013 10:52 AM

Oct 2012
crimson_moon said:
Han-yuu said:

crimson_moon said:
Han-yuu said:

I'll donate my kidney if kagetsu tohya hisui gets animated
Jul 12, 2013 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
LOL WHAT. i'll still watch it. ^^

Jul 12, 2013 10:58 AM

May 2010
AWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

ZeroReq011 said:
Finally. Now I don't have to force myself to watch the original version.

Anyone think Urobuchi's going to be involved somehow?

This.. I'll better wait for this one.. :D
Jul 12, 2013 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
symbv said:
skudoops said:
Not out until Sep 28th. The theater release date was known only today.
symbvJul 12, 2013 11:09 AM

Jul 12, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
Best news in a loong time.
Jul 12, 2013 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
CurrentUsername said:
I never read the Novel, but I heard it was full of hentai or something, is it true?

Yes the VN had H-scenes(But they're not the main focus) and Heaven's Feel had 5(?) H-scenes. I don't know about Realta Nua if that version had a different way of "transferring mana" but most likely it had. Anyway, when it comes to "transferring mana", I bet they will adapt the Realta Nua version.

CurrentUsername said:

That aside, is it as mature as the F/Z?

At least Heaven's Feel is the darkest route.
TennoujiJul 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Jul 12, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2009
CurrentUsername said:
I never read the Novel, but I heard it was full of hentai or something, is it true?

I wouldn't say it was FULL of H-Scenes, the real content heavily outweighed the sex. As for maturity level, I personally think the Heaven's Feel route is much darker than Fate/Zero. MUCH darker.
Jul 12, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2011
DJNOSTYLE said:
CurrentUsername said:

I wouldn't say it was FULL of H-Scenes, the real content heavily outweighed the sex. As for maturity level, I personally think the Heaven's Feel route is much darker than Fate/Zero. MUCH darker.

Actually, I think Heaven's Feel is just as dark as Fate/Zero.

Jul 12, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2012
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Mar 2010
Tennouji_ said:
SOU DAYO ONEE-CHAN.
Jul 12, 2013 11:07 AM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
skudoops said:
symbv said:
skudoops said:
Not out until Aug 26th. The theater release date was known only today.
Wasn't it September 28? You were the one who posted the posters on the Mirai Fukuin news thread.
Jul 12, 2013 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
symbv said:
skudoops said:
symbv said:
skudoops said:
Not out until Aug 26th. The theater release date was known only today.
Wasn't it September 28? You were the one who posted the posters on the Mirai Fukuin news thread.
Clearly I was thinking of something else when I typed. Corrected the original post LOL

Jul 12, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2011
natsukage said:
Tennouji_ said:
SOU DAYO ONEE-CHAN.

Oh I forgot that.

That shit kinda scared me when I first encountered that Tiger Dojo.

I'll take back what I said.

Jul 12, 2013 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
I don't really care for heavens feel route because I loved the shirou and saber pairing...so I would rather a remake of the fate route though..well that's my opinion..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2013 11:13 AM

Jul 2007
FUCK YES...

symbv said:
According to the fans who saw the PV, it seems it may be based on Heaven's Feel (Sakura route).

ANd there goes my joy.

Not touching this till I get my UBW adaptation. GIVE ME UBW DAMNIT.

fate fanbase at least got a whole anime(even if butchered beyond belief). All UBW fanbase has is one hour shitty movie which is EVEN MORE butchered than the said anime.

Objurgo said:
I don't really understand because I'm not a manga/LN/pv dude. How come this is getting another adaptation? not that I'm complaining just interested.

The visual novel has three EQUALLY CANON routes, which depict three different versions of 5th Holy Grail War and happen at once in the multiverse, alongside all the bad endings.

neontaster said:
Objurgo said:
Okay, I didn't know that studios gave different routes their own season. I still have to watch bladeworks which is about Rin I believe and then this one will be about Sakura

I enjoyed Unlimited Blade Works more than F/SN, but neither were amazing. I have high hopes for this even though I've heard from some people that the Sakura route isn't as good of a story.

Its grimdark for the sake of being grimdark.

It does have some badass shit going on, but so far UBW route is the best balance between dark moments and lighter moments. HF is one big emo fest in that aspect. What's nore - HF is IMPOSSIBLE to understand without proper adaptations of fate and UBW routes.

princejan7 said:
how would they deal with all the sex scenes?

Its not DEEN. How about they go and adapt the said sex scenes instead of LOLDOLPHINS and LOLDRAGONS?

dizzyworld2 said:
ChrnoTodd said:
HEAVEN'S FEEL IS COMING!!!!!!

Here's some more PS Vita ops animated by ufotable:

THis makes me horribly long for an adaptation of all three routes - just make it into three 13 episode seasons, ufotable, with intermissions narrated by

AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 11:19 AM
Jul 12, 2013 11:16 AM
Oct 2010
i hope its a remake only because i hated the DEEN version

id still like a HF series. only because kotomine

CurrentUsername said:
Gen Urobuchi?
Gen Urobuchi?

why would he write a story already written?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 12, 2013 11:18 AM
Jun 2011
Should I watch FSN or just wait for this one?
Jul 12, 2013 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
heaven's feel? awesome!!
Oct 2010
Drzlink said:

play the novel.

no solid word on what route ufotable is working on
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 2011
Drzlink said:

Just play the VN then wait for this one.

Nov 2007
AWWWWWW YISS!
Jul 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Jul 2007
Drzlink said:

Wait. Play the n ovel maybe if its just adaptation of ONE route.

The thing with HF route is that it builds upon the previous two ones and is nigh impossible to understand without them. So for now the VN is the best choice as even if its a proper adaptation of all three routes - VN will still be more indepth and consdirering half the FSN is all about the lead character's psychology and inner thoughts, that's important.

Han-yuu said:
Monochrome said:
More Archer stuff animated by ufotable *swoons*

I REALLY need to stop being lazy finish the VN now.

This.
a year and i haven't touch that final part.

If its JUST haven's feel route,
Jul 12, 2013 11:21 AM
Jun 2013
Yeahhhhh!!!! I'm excited! Ufotable FTW!!! ^_^
Jul 12, 2013 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
Seriously, they NEED to adapt the other two routes, otherwise this will make as much of sense as Deen's ubw movie did.

Best case scenario for me - three cours of 12-13 episodes each, with a bit of Hollow/Ataraxia in there for prologue/epilogue, explaining the whole multiverse set up.

Considering the FSN ps vita release, it only makes sense to adapt everything and not just final route.

Lets hope ufotable does not make a mistake onto just adapting ONE route.

For the lulz:
ufotable shiro:

DEEN Shiro:

ufotable Saber:

DEEN saber:

Ufotable animation quality:

DEEN animation quality:
AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 11:35 AM
Jul 12, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Heaven's Feel confirmed, nice work ufotable.
Jul 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Jun 2010
More fate/stay night! YESSSSSSSSS
Jul 12, 2013 11:36 AM
Aug 2011
The only way I could be more hyped is if they will say that, instead of the HF Route, Ufotable works with Nasu to do the Iliya Route. Iliya needs more love
Jul 12, 2013 11:39 AM

Oct 2011
Great news!!!! Can't contain my feels XDD!!!
Jul 12, 2013 11:40 AM

Mar 2010
My face when they said a new Fate/Stay by Ufotable.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 3 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
30 minutes ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.