Forum Settings
Forums

The "Help Identifying This Anime/Character" Thread (v4)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
 
Jul 13, 2013 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17567
VanishingKira said:
GoldenBRS said:
The one when both of the characters goes in circles?

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou


Actually, the one Golden was talking about was probably Gatchaman Crowds.

na35899 said:
i dont have a picture

it is an old animation not quite popular i quess

i only remember that tha mc has a samurai sword that can produce wind power

he has black hair

and the main girl character use gravity power....

like each character have their unique powerss


Tokyo Underground
 
Jul 13, 2013 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 217
Paul said:
VanishingKira said:
GoldenBRS said:
The one when both of the characters goes in circles?

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou


Actually, the one Golden was talking about was probably Gatchaman Crowds.



I can tell you right now that it's not Gen'ei. Completely different art.
 
Jul 13, 2013 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17567
missunify said:
Paul said:
VanishingKira said:
GoldenBRS said:
The one when both of the characters goes in circles?

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou


Actually, the one Golden was talking about was probably Gatchaman Crowds.



I can tell you right now that it's not Gen'ei. Completely different art.


Changes as you refresh, and as I said above, it's probably Gatchaman Crowds. Source? It's my sig. Lols.
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Im trying to help a friend find a movie she watched and all i got to go on is this "something bout a bull that lives in the woods and gets a disease by a huge red n black spider that travels really fast" any suggestions on what it might be would help Thanks
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 658
I don't have a picture, but I remember it being a short film, about 43-47 minutes. It was about of group of teens that play a game of hide and seek in an abandoned city. They slowly get picked off by two masked demons who capture them and, as the last survivor finds out, hooks them up to a giant pillar in the center of the city to be used as batteries. I remember it took place in a ring of buildings, forming something of a basin with a tower in the middle. The ground couldn't be seen for all the fog. I watched it on Netflix, though it's not on there anymore, and not in my watch history. It being on Netflix should narrow the list down, since all of five anime have ever been on Netflix.

I can't remember what it was called, but if you give me a name I'm pretty sure I'll be able to confirm it after looking it up and seeing some pictures. It was very obscure, but I've never seen or heard of anything like it since, it's a movie that's always puzzled me, and I'd like to re-watch it for nostalgia's sake.
RyuMegami said:
Im trying to help a friend find a movie she watched and all i got to go on is this "something bout a bull that lives in the woods and gets a disease by a huge red n black spider that travels really fast" any suggestions on what it might be would help Thanks
It's a long shot, but could that bull have been a giant warthog? If so, then I can see how the demon it turned into might look like a big spider... It's just a hunch, but are you talking about Princess Mononoke?
Modified by CNile, Jul 13, 2013 11:16 PM
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 4721
RyuMegami said:
Im trying to help a friend find a movie she watched and all i got to go on is this "something bout a bull that lives in the woods and gets a disease by a huge red n black spider that travels really fast" any suggestions on what it might be would help Thanks


Mononoke Hime?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/164/Mononoke_Hime
Modified by CrescentYozora25, Jul 13, 2013 11:49 PM
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
not sure i havent seen princess mononoke but i think it might be thanks for helping ill tell her as soon as i can
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
CNile said:
I don't have a picture, but I remember it being a short film, about 43-47 minutes. It was about of group of teens that play a game of hide and seek in an abandoned city. They slowly get picked off by two masked demons who capture them and, as the last survivor finds out, hooks them up to a giant pillar in the center of the city to be used as batteries. I remember it took place in a ring of buildings, forming something of a basin with a tower in the middle. The ground couldn't be seen for all the fog. I watched it on Netflix, though it's not on there anymore, and not in my watch history. It being on Netflix should narrow the list down, since all of five anime have ever been on Netflix.

I can't remember what it was called, but if you give me a name I'm pretty sure I'll be able to confirm it after looking it up and seeing some pictures. It was very obscure, but I've never seen or heard of anything like it since, it's a movie that's always puzzled me, and I'd like to re-watch it for nostalgia's sake


Kakurenbo?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1192/Kakurenbo/
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
I watched an anime at least 6 years ago. The plot had characters in modern day or a little ahead of today that came to that time from a few years in the future to stop a scientist from creating a type of technology, this same technology enabled each of the characters to transform into powerful fighting beings / robots. It was a short series of like 10 - 15 episodes I believe. I enjoyed it and i've looked around and dones searches but can't remember the name.

Anyone have any idea of what show i'm talking about?
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 658
nekochan25 said:
CNile said:
I don't have a picture, but I remember it being a short film, about 43-47 minutes. It was about of group of teens that play a game of hide and seek in an abandoned city. They slowly get picked off by two masked demons who capture them and, as the last survivor finds out, hooks them up to a giant pillar in the center of the city to be used as batteries. I remember it took place in a ring of buildings, forming something of a basin with a tower in the middle. The ground couldn't be seen for all the fog. I watched it on Netflix, though it's not on there anymore, and not in my watch history. It being on Netflix should narrow the list down, since all of five anime have ever been on Netflix.

I can't remember what it was called, but if you give me a name I'm pretty sure I'll be able to confirm it after looking it up and seeing some pictures. It was very obscure, but I've never seen or heard of anything like it since, it's a movie that's always puzzled me, and I'd like to re-watch it for nostalgia's sake


Kakurenbo?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1192/Kakurenbo/
Holy shit, that's the one! I can't believe someone actually found it.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
 
Jul 13, 2013 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
CNile said:
nekochan25 said:
CNile said:
I don't have a picture, but I remember it being a short film, about 43-47 minutes. It was about of group of teens that play a game of hide and seek in an abandoned city. They slowly get picked off by two masked demons who capture them and, as the last survivor finds out, hooks them up to a giant pillar in the center of the city to be used as batteries. I remember it took place in a ring of buildings, forming something of a basin with a tower in the middle. The ground couldn't be seen for all the fog. I watched it on Netflix, though it's not on there anymore, and not in my watch history. It being on Netflix should narrow the list down, since all of five anime have ever been on Netflix.

I can't remember what it was called, but if you give me a name I'm pretty sure I'll be able to confirm it after looking it up and seeing some pictures. It was very obscure, but I've never seen or heard of anything like it since, it's a movie that's always puzzled me, and I'd like to re-watch it for nostalgia's sake


Kakurenbo?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1192/Kakurenbo/
Holy shit, that's the one! I can't believe someone actually found it.
Funny thing is the name of the anime is hide and seek.
 
Jul 14, 2013 5:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 334
IntroverTurtle said:
CNile said:
nekochan25 said:
CNile said:
I don't have a picture, but I remember it being a short film, about 43-47 minutes. It was about of group of teens that play a game of hide and seek in an abandoned city. They slowly get picked off by two masked demons who capture them and, as the last survivor finds out, hooks them up to a giant pillar in the center of the city to be used as batteries. I remember it took place in a ring of buildings, forming something of a basin with a tower in the middle. The ground couldn't be seen for all the fog. I watched it on Netflix, though it's not on there anymore, and not in my watch history. It being on Netflix should narrow the list down, since all of five anime have ever been on Netflix.

I can't remember what it was called, but if you give me a name I'm pretty sure I'll be able to confirm it after looking it up and seeing some pictures. It was very obscure, but I've never seen or heard of anything like it since, it's a movie that's always puzzled me, and I'd like to re-watch it for nostalgia's sake


Kakurenbo?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1192/Kakurenbo/
Holy shit, that's the one! I can't believe someone actually found it.
Funny thing is the name of the anime is hide and seek.


And it has never been on Netflix. And Netflix has lots of anime on it. You most likely saw this on Adult Swim when it aired there once or twice.
 
Jul 14, 2013 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2127
 
Jul 14, 2013 8:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 681
Liinah said:

Help.


Seiken no Blacksmith
 
Jul 14, 2013 8:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2127
Thank you, Noir!
 
Jul 14, 2013 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Help please. :)



and

 
Jul 14, 2013 12:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
Hello can someone help me find the name of an anime i watched long ago , it's been 7-9 years i think (it was on MTV Germany).

So i can't remember the name as i was young and it was late when i watched it (around midnight). The guys in that anime killed each other so brutally that they showed the blood , ripped of hands,legs,heads , organs and such things. The main guy had a older version of him as the main antagonist and they all could make some spheres shaped like cubes,pyramids,balls that had some specific color and in those area's the time was stopped and they could fight w/o the humans around noticing.
 
Jul 14, 2013 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4578
ArisuHaru said:


That is Kunagi Tenrou from AliceSoft.
 
Jul 14, 2013 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2265
ArisuHaru said:
Help please. :)



Original by Koushi Rokushiro
 
Jul 14, 2013 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
-Tamaki- said:
ArisuHaru said:


That is Kunagi Tenrou from AliceSoft.


Han-yuu said:
ArisuHaru said:
Help please. :)



Original by Koushi Rokushiro


Thank you very much.
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 104
Hello there guys,

one of my friend is searching for an anime.

He told me that there is a blue-haired girl with big boobs that landed on earth. She decides that she wants to be her slave/maid and wants to do everything for him and he is embarassed about it.

Sorry for this vague information but I hope someone can help my pal out.

Thanks in advance.
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2324
Melonmuffin said:
Hello there guys,

one of my friend is searching for an anime.

He told me that there is a blue-haired girl with big boobs that landed on earth. She decides that she wants to be her slave/maid and wants to do everything for him and he is embarassed about it.

Sorry for this vague information but I hope someone can help my pal out.

Thanks in advance.
It might be Sora no Otoshimono.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:14 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 57
Im looking for this anime. It's old. There is a kid and he pull a spear from a demon chest, When ever the kid use the spear his hair gets longer. The kid hair i think is orange
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 104
Diran-kun said:
Melonmuffin said:
Hello there guys,

one of my friend is searching for an anime.

He told me that there is a blue-haired girl with big boobs that landed on earth. She decides that she wants to be her slave/maid and wants to do everything for him and he is embarassed about it.

Sorry for this vague information but I hope someone can help my pal out.

Thanks in advance.
It might be Sora no Otoshimono.


I asked him, that's not the one.
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 370
Melonmuffin said:
Hello there guys,

one of my friend is searching for an anime.

He told me that there is a blue-haired girl with big boobs that landed on earth. She decides that she wants to be her slave/maid and wants to do everything for him and he is embarassed about it.

Sorry for this vague information but I hope someone can help my pal out.

Thanks in advance.
Perhaps DearS?
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 681
Melonmuffin said:
Diran-kun said:
Melonmuffin said:
Hello there guys,

one of my friend is searching for an anime.

He told me that there is a blue-haired girl with big boobs that landed on earth. She decides that she wants to be her slave/maid and wants to do everything for him and he is embarassed about it.

Sorry for this vague information but I hope someone can help my pal out.

Thanks in advance.
It might be Sora no Otoshimono.


I asked him, that's not the one.


UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie ??
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17567
4iDragon said:
Im looking for this anime. It's old. There is a kid and he pull a spear from a demon chest, When ever the kid use the spear his hair gets longer. The kid hair i think is orange


Possibly the manga Ushio to Tora?
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
AleksXPO said:
Hello can someone help me find the name of an anime i watched long ago , it's been 7-9 years i think (it was on MTV Germany).

So i can't remember the name as i was young and it was late when i watched it (around midnight). The guys in that anime killed each other so brutally that they showed the blood , ripped of hands,legs,heads , organs and such things. The main guy had a older version of him as the main antagonist and they all could make some spheres shaped like cubes,pyramids,balls that had some specific color and in those area's the time was stopped and they could fight w/o the humans around noticing.


It may be X/1999

 
Jul 14, 2013 10:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 104
Sakino said:
Melonmuffin said:
Hello there guys,

one of my friend is searching for an anime.

He told me that there is a blue-haired girl with big boobs that landed on earth. She decides that she wants to be her slave/maid and wants to do everything for him and he is embarassed about it.

Sorry for this vague information but I hope someone can help my pal out.

Thanks in advance.
Perhaps DearS?


That's the one! Thank you! :)
 
Jul 14, 2013 10:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 57
Paul said:
4iDragon said:
Im looking for this anime. It's old. There is a kid and he pull a spear from a demon chest, When ever the kid use the spear his hair gets longer. The kid hair i think is orange


Possibly the manga Ushio to Tora?

Thank you been looking to finish this one since 2002
 
Jul 14, 2013 11:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 984
Which anime is this from?



Edit: nvm, found it.
Modified by HostClub, Jul 14, 2013 11:45 PM
 
Jul 14, 2013 11:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 35
HostClub said:
Which anime is this from?


i don't know
 
Jul 14, 2013 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2547
Source please?
 
Jul 14, 2013 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Its 420 out there somewhere.


 
Jul 15, 2013 12:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 794
Jauregui said:
Source please?
I think it was some light novel advertisement animated by studio trigger... I believe this is it
 
Jul 15, 2013 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 681
ArmorKingRulez said:
http://i.imgur.com/7aKFZrC.jpg


Google says it's from the game "Ys : Foliage Ocean in Celceta"
 
Jul 15, 2013 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2547
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Jauregui said:
Source please?
I think it was some light novel advertisement animated by studio trigger... I believe this is it

Yep, looks like it. Thanks a lot! :D
 
Jul 15, 2013 1:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 25
So basically I heard that Izaya guy known as troll master in Anime
What anime is that?
"Because I know my capabilities, I also know my limits." - Oomine Daiya



 
Jul 15, 2013 1:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15650
Shanara said:
So basically I heard that Izaya guy known as troll master in Anime
What anime is that?


http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!


 
Jul 15, 2013 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 25
Tennouji_ said:
Shanara said:
So basically I heard that Izaya guy known as troll master in Anime
What anime is that?


http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!


Thanks
"Because I know my capabilities, I also know my limits." - Oomine Daiya



 
Jul 15, 2013 1:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
It may be X/1999


@Peeble Yes it is , thanks a lot!
 
Jul 15, 2013 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3282


Stuck over on another site.
Animax Asia is the source (obviously). In Singapore. Dunno which year around Christmas this was shown.

I typed out what is says on the bottom: 看看那個男人到底想做什麼 but it didn't help me.

Anybody know the series? Or maybe it's a videogame ad?
 
Jul 15, 2013 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3282
VivaLaGin said:

what's this


http://myanimelist.net/anime/1747/Freedom
 
Jul 15, 2013 5:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 33


what's this from

@Noir42 Thanks

One more

Modified by SilentX, Jul 15, 2013 6:05 AM
 
Jul 15, 2013 5:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 681
SilentX said:


what's this from


Yumekui Merry
 
Jul 15, 2013 6:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1387
lanblade said:


Stuck over on another site.
Animax Asia is the source (obviously). In Singapore. Dunno which year around Christmas this was shown.

I typed out what is says on the bottom: 看看那個男人到底想做什麼 but it didn't help me.

Anybody know the series? Or maybe it's a videogame ad?


If you had a clearer picture maybe but i have nfc what is even going on in that picture.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

 
Jul 15, 2013 6:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
 
Jul 15, 2013 6:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 33


google says mirai nikki -____-

Anyone Please

Thanks a lot
Modified by SilentX, Jul 15, 2013 6:55 AM
 
Jul 15, 2013 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15650
SilentX said:


google says mirai nikki -____-

Anyone Please

Thanks a lot


I guess it's this one:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/886/Amaenaide_yo!!_Katsu!!

The character on that motivational poster for proof:

http://myanimelist.net/character/5551/Kazuki_Kazusano


 
Jul 15, 2013 6:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 33
Tennouji_ said:
SilentX said:


google says mirai nikki -____-

Anyone Please

Thanks a lot


I guess it's this one:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/886/Amaenaide_yo!!_Katsu!!

The character on that motivational poster for proof:

http://myanimelist.net/character/5551/Kazuki_Kazusano


Alright Thanks Once again
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (199) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »