Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, what's up with the negative thoughts here:

Bit of a moody episode I guess. I like the way the OST is being handled this episode though, almost got some Aku no Hana atmosphere. Really curious where this is going now, it felt a bit different from the typical Rozen Maiden episodes.

P.S. Love the OST of this episode.
Jul 11, 2013 10:27 AM
Dec 2012
It felt different from the 1st episode. The previous episode was childish, but this episode was not. I don't know if the series is trying to be serious or just draw attention from kids and loli fans. I liked the background art of the bookstore. Those books looked like oil paintings. Other than that not much impressive for me.
Jul 11, 2013 11:01 AM

Sep 2011
eminagnam said:
It felt different from the 1st episode. The previous episode was childish, but this episode was not. I don't know if the series is trying to be serious or just draw attention from kids and loli fans. I liked the background art of the bookstore. Those books looked like oil paintings. Other than that not much impressive for me.

Cause 1st episode was basically a recap of all past seasons.
Jul 11, 2013 11:32 AM

Sep 2012
eminagnam said:
It felt different from the 1st episode. The previous episode was childish, but this episode was not.
More like the 1st episode is about things taken place in childhood (actually more like teenagers) and this episode is what takes place when the MC grows up. Don't really see how the anime would draw attention from kids though given its gothic mood.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 11, 2013 4:58 PM

Mar 2009
Much better than the first episode. Up you go!
Jul 11, 2013 6:15 PM
Jan 2012
Stark700 said:
Damn, what's up with the negative thoughts here.
Bit of a moody episode I guess. I like the way the OST is being handled this episode though, almost got some Aku no Hana atmosphere. Really curious where this is going now, it felt a bit different from the typical Rozen Maiden episodes.
This is what you should expect from an anime with hikikomori as theme, just think to what the N-field is.
Someone here has misunderstood what they mean with "playing with dolls".
Jul 11, 2013 7:01 PM
Dec 2010
Gotta say, I love the art. It's so clean and I couldn't help but admire all the colors.
It's just Jun (which is why it feels a bit dark), so I think it might lighten up a bit once the dolls come.
Jul 11, 2013 7:05 PM

May 2011
This was uniquely sad, seeing the path a life can take given one other choice. I'm glad it got a little lighter, seeing him talk to himself with the kind of disbelief and curiosity I can...believe in.
Jul 11, 2013 7:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I like the pacing in this episode, and how we are introduced to the college Jun in the parallel world. The atmosphere was nicely done, and I love the color palette they chose, makes it feel a little antique, like the dolls. Looking forward to how the rest of the anime will unfold.

Stark700 said:
P.S. Love the OST of this episode.

Agreed :D
Jul 11, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
Really liked this episode, I had not known until after watching the first ep that there was a second Rozen Maiden manga that takes place in an alternate timeline where Jun is in college, so I had no clue at first this was the direction it would go.

I never read the manga, but saw both seasons. It has a much more serious atmosphere and tone, I expect there to be comedy once shinku is assembled though. Judging from this ep it seems like this season might far out do the other two. I have a feeling fans of the original anime who might not have read the manga, might not like it that much. I wasn't a huge fan of the original anime, they were ok, but this so far really has my attention.
Jul 11, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2010
One trippy episode at first, i thought i got the wrong episode just to find out its a parallel universe. anyway like the episode even tho jun become a shut in and now is fill with hella ocd, since he cant finish the doll, kinda want to know what happed in middle school, hope they show it next episode.
Jul 11, 2013 8:19 PM

May 2013
So we see Jun from an alternate timeline. This is getting interesting.
Jul 11, 2013 9:55 PM

Feb 2013
A little bit interesting, I guess i'll stick around this series.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jul 11, 2013 10:13 PM

Apr 2013
Did he just wind up to the future?
Jul 11, 2013 10:39 PM

Feb 2008
This future he didn't wind up anything and not become Shinki master.
Past self trying to make the future him in that timelines make Rozen Maiden dolls, since that 7th one have devoid the rest of Rozen Maiden.
Maybe that's something happens I dunno.

I haven't read the manga yet seem I will read it

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 11, 2013 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was really good.
The artstyle is great
5/5
Jul 11, 2013 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was a interesting episode. To see an alternate future, very interesting.

^tehe you sure its from sanding and not something else... *wink, wink*
Jul 12, 2013 12:05 AM

Aug 2010
Really good ep.

Loved the atmosphere a lot.

Already liking the part time girl. She's cute :)
Jul 12, 2013 12:19 AM

Jan 2013
Well, things certainly got weird, in this series featuring a body-less Dio Brando doll. Alternate universes? That's just beyond the pale.

No, seriously, though, this is picking up a lot from the first episode, and honestly, the art looks far better than it did in the first episode.
Jul 12, 2013 12:32 AM

Jun 2009
Come on older Sakurada!!!

BRING THE ELEGANT SHINKU TO LIFE!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2013 12:34 AM

Nov 2012
I will wait until the sub out... if it kind of boring then I will on-hold or drop it :/
Jul 12, 2013 1:13 AM

May 2013
wow,t'was okay. That creepy moment when the older Jun receives an email from himself and when suddenly the cancellation mail is at his door...lol\
The OST is great. I wonder will the college Jun be Shinku's master too?
Jul 12, 2013 1:29 AM
May 2013
Ive been waiting so long for this season, and it has all been amazing, although i kinda forgot what happens in the manga xD
but tips for first timers go watch the previous stuff and read the manga you'll know whats going on :P

everything about this anime is great artstyle, music, and you feel a lot more emotion come out of this than the manga has.

rozen maiden is still number 1 in my eyes.
Jul 12, 2013 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
Hmm so far so good, This series is going to have a lot more of a serious attitude than the previous series, but the comedic situations should show themselves soon enough.

The Adaptation from the Manga is progressing splendidly so far and the art is absolutely stunning.

Jul 12, 2013 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was better than the last one.
I like the characters' graphics, but the background's ones don't really stick to me, there's like a huge contrast.
Maybe it's because I didn't see the first season nor read the manga, but with what I got for the moment, I don't really like it.
I'll continue to watch to see how it goes, though.
Jul 12, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2011
I really liked this episode. The first one, since it was just a recap, wasn't that good. But starting now, it will get more interesting. Can't wait to see what will happen next. :)
Jul 12, 2013 8:33 AM
Feb 2011
This is much better. The first episode tried to ram in the entire first part of the manga series, about 43 chapters, into a single episode. THAT causes a lot of problems with pacing. It was closer to a recap episode more than anything. This episode did the job of establishing the series a lot better. Looking forward to more.
Jul 12, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2010
I'm surprised it's not just interesting but it's also very enjoyable
Jul 12, 2013 9:43 AM

Oct 2011
OMG dat twist 0____0. That would explain the Op sequence. Two worlds are gonna collide
Jul 12, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2011
I was wondering how this was going to continue from the big cliffhanger part one left us with it, and I'm very pleased. I can do with alternative timelines, as long as grown up Jun doesn't somehow turn out to be Rozen. Very good episode. The girl is the purest of pure maidens. I really hope people start reading the first part of the manga instead of complaining because they stepped into the story halfway.

eminagnam said:
The previous episode was childish, but this episode was not. I don't know if the series is trying to be serious or just draw attention from kids and loli fans.

Rozen Maiden has always been a serious story, mixed with some lighthearted moments. The previous anime just focused on the latter more.
Tyrel said:
Cause 1st episode was basically a recap of all past seasons.

No, it wasn't. It was a recap of the first part of the manga. Big difference.
Jul 12, 2013 11:10 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was great. I wasn't sure if I was going to like how it was about college Jun. Turns out to be awesome though. The art is great and I cant wait for the next episode.

Shinku!!!!!!!
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jul 12, 2013 11:52 AM

Nov 2012
It was almost the same as manga if they will keep going like this should get high in ranking but not high as older version.
Jul 12, 2013 11:55 AM

May 2013
The pacing in this episode was a nice. Without the first episode, this one would have been confusing. I would like to see Kirakishou do what she did in the manga before meeting older Jun, because it would have been good to see her demonstrate what she did to the other dolls
Jul 12, 2013 12:15 PM

Oct 2011
StrawHat_ said:
I was wondering how this was going to continue from the big cliffhanger part one left us with it, and I'm very pleased. I can do with alternative timelines, as long as grown up Jun doesn't somehow turn out to be Rozen. Very good episode. The girl is the purest of pure maidens. I really hope people start reading the first part of the manga instead of complaining because they stepped into the story halfway.

I also thought the same thing. Older Jun being Rozen himself but he just might be the new doll maker who surpasses him.
Jul 12, 2013 1:17 PM

Mar 2012
The pacing for this episode was MUCH better than last episode. It's been a while since I read the manga so this was definitely a nice refresher.

Despite how much most of us complained about the first episode, this episode would have made little sense without it. I still recommend that you people read the first 8 volumes/43 chapters of the manga if you haven't at this point.

And now, middle school Jun makes contact with college Jun from the n-Field.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 12, 2013 2:02 PM
Feb 2013
Damn, I didn't expect something like that at all.
This episode has such a strong atmosphere. The mood, the art, the music and the character.
Want more of this alternative future.
Jul 12, 2013 4:01 PM
Jun 2008
The situation remind me of the Many-worlds interpretation .The Schrodinger's cat die(wind) and dead(unwind) xD
Jul 12, 2013 4:25 PM
Jan 2013
MorningGlory said:
The situation remind me of the Many-worlds interpretation .The Schrodinger's cat die(wind) and dead(unwind) xD
I think you mean lives vs dies :p Never the less, the first two eps of this have enticed me to go read the first manga so I can further understand what happened in the world where he chose to wind (moreso than the first ep recap).
Jul 12, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
Exciting! I really enjoyed the plot with Jun in an alternate start. I was painful to see his doll-less depressing life in the store but it started to get really interesting when the books arrived. I never would have imagined that the middle school Jun would be able to contact him, linked alternate worlds are exactly my thing.
Jul 12, 2013 5:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yes, finally. Why can't this be the first episode?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 12, 2013 5:44 PM
Dec 2012
Damn you alternative timelines no matter what anime you make my head explode :O
ok jk not really :P

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 12, 2013 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
Anotjer Loner Guy LOL

i think this episode is a little bit kind of slow....

or is it just me...

the Jun in the Wind world mail the Jun in the Unwind world...interesting

can't wait to see the next episode...

xD
Jul 12, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2009
I hated the pacing of the first episode, but after seeing episode 2... I WAS A FOOL TO EVER DOUBT!! I can't help but think they purposely set up episode one as a bait and switched recap when in actuality it was more intended as a time window of alternate Jun's timeline where he choose to wind the doll. GOD that was genius.
Jul 13, 2013 12:07 AM

May 2012
This episode definitely surprised me. I only watched it because others said that it wasn't like the first one, and now I can't wait for another. Glad I took the time :)
Jul 13, 2013 12:13 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was really great! A nice atmosphere was already set up with the part time girl and the new Jun's personality too. (Also grown-up Jun is so hot =3=) Yup, this is looking great so far!
"If you don't allow yourself to cry, you'll never be able to smile."
~Negi Springfield
Jul 13, 2013 12:17 AM

May 2012
darkevangel31 said:
This episode was really great! A nice atmosphere was already set up with the part time girl and the new Jun's personality too. (Also grown-up Jun is so hot =3=) Yup, this is looking great so far!

I know; I'm a straight guy and I think he's hot. No wonder the part time girl likes him.
Jul 13, 2013 2:08 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode. It makes me wonder how Jun is going to complete Shinku.
Jul 13, 2013 4:14 AM

Oct 2009
This episode just proves that 1st episode is not necessary. This should be the first episode, and the previous one should be episode 0.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jul 13, 2013 5:02 AM

Feb 2012
This is probably a spoiler answer but my question is does the older Sakurada stay as the main?
Jul 13, 2013 7:20 AM

Aug 2010
Wow...this episode was executed brilliantly. The atmosphere is kinda dark, gloomy, mysterious...it gives me chills sometimes. I'm head over heels in love with this (still hate OP though :) ).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

219 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 5, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

118 by KinjiKido »»
Jun 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:42 AM

» How many chapters did they adapt

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 17, 2021

0 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 AM

» Is this a standalone series?

Shahjoo - Jul 4, 2013

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.