Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 12:31 PM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
So the fans spoiled correctly.. and the two cutest girls gone?!?

Nope, Sakura is the CUTEST GIRL EVAH. lol

BigDB64 said:
actually if you go back and look, you will see the doorknob is broken so it looks like a forced entry.l

You pretty much said it yourself, there's no need for the production team to "tell" you guys, you just need to see it for yourself.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 12, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
kaimax said:

BigDB64 said:
actually if you go back and look, you will see the doorknob is broken so it looks like a forced entry.l

You pretty much said it yourself, there's no need for the production team to "tell" you guys, you just need to see it for yourself.
Which honestly gives the anime the potential to be better than the game, at least for the trials, i think this will tell the plot excellently but it will neglect the character's aside from the group that survives really late. Like it'd of been nice if they can just slip in some abridged versions of free time events into the dialogue

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 12:41 PM

May 2013
Wow, they killed off two people already. I'm stumped on who the killer is.
Jul 12, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
This reminds me a lot of dead man wonderland. I didn't trust the first girl that died maybe she's not actually dead. cant wait for the next episode when the trial takes place.
Jul 12, 2013 12:44 PM

Jun 2010
Well, that felt rushed.

Wtf, didn't expect the idol to die immediately. >_> Also model girl..

Errr.... Pink blood? What the fuck? Is this murder mystery series trying to be cute with pink blood?!! ._.

Well, I seriously have no idea who killed Sayaka. I'm thinking the glasses guy did it but that would be too predictable.

Anyways, Kyoko best girl.
Jul 12, 2013 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
finally could watch it subbed.
so this episode was definitely better than the first one, since it didn't feel so rushed. kind of sad the investigation went so fast but if the trials are longer instead i don't mind.
and they kept the blood pink, hell yea.
Jul 12, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
-MgZ_ said:

Errr.... Pink blood? What the fuck? Is this murder mystery series trying to be cute with pink blood?!! ._.

This has literally been said over and over again.

The pink blood gives the entire game a more surreal feeling. It's original intention was so that it wouldnt be rated as an adult only game, but it also gives off the whole exaggerated feel that Danganronpa is most known for.

You have the choice between them actually fucking showing the blood, or it being stupidly blacked out.
Jul 12, 2013 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
felipekorbes said:
Why Naegi is so idiot? If everyone thinks that he is the killer, why he's scared? If everyone decides that he's the killer they'll die because they're wrong, unless he's the killer.

if they vote for naegi and he's innocent everyone (including naegi) will be executed besides the real culprit.
Jul 12, 2013 12:52 PM

Feb 2012
Main character voiced by same seiyuu that does Shinji from evengelion = instantly makes him unlikable.

I hope he dies in the end.
Jul 12, 2013 12:54 PM

Dec 2012
Am I the only one who is seeing the blood pink because of gore restriction? lol
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 12, 2013 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
Yvese said:
Main character voiced by same seiyuu that does Shinji from evengelion = instantly makes him unlikable.
Such a dumb reason to dislike a character, especially since she does a really good job in her roles

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 12, 2013 12:58 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Might rewatch it uncensored..
Jul 12, 2013 1:00 PM

Feb 2009
I want to see how they will resolved that murder with just these clues. Glad Maizano was the first to die, she was really annoying.
MaxCrazy7Jul 12, 2013 1:03 PM
Jul 12, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
vaikepois said:
Might rewatch it uncensored..
there is no uncensord. This is it, the blood is purposely pink, it was originally changed because the game would of got the equivilent to the adults only ranking, but then it became a staple of the series and matched its sureal feel.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2011
Maizono is finally dead woohoo! I couldn't friggin' stand her.
Jul 12, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed this episode more then the previous one. I hope the next episode can keep this up.
Jul 12, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
Really good episode.No clue who the culprit is.
Pink blood was kinda disappointing, but it doesnt make me enjoy the show less, so ill live with it.My biggest concern is MC's voice.It really annoys me :/
Anyways 5/5.
Jul 12, 2013 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
iLostReason said:

See guys, this is why this adaptations may end up being better in the trial department, the first murderer was the easiest thing to figure out in the game, not here. Now i cant wait to see speculation for trials that were actually unpredictable like 2's or 5's

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 1:21 PM

Mar 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

See guys, this is why this adaptations may end up being better in the trial department, the first murderer was the easiest thing to figure out in the game, not here. Now i cant wait to see speculation for trials that were actually unpredictable like 2's or 5's

This. ^
Also, people need to stop bitching about the pink blood when its been said a thousand times that that's how it is in the game.
Anyways, I'm really happy the anime is so faithful to the game, although
Jul 12, 2013 1:32 PM
Dec 2012
Those red walls reminded me of Shinning. Naegi should let the others keep suspecting he is the criminal. Then he will survive cuz they are wrong.

I liked how the creator handled gore: the blood was not red but shocking pink, which was less gross/disgusting yet retained shockingness with a surrealistic vibe successfully.
eminagnamJul 12, 2013 1:39 PM
Jul 12, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2008
eminagnam said:
Those red walls reminded me of Shinning. Naegi should let the others keep suspecting he is the criminal. Then he will survive cuz they are wrong.

He won't survive. It's the true culprit who'll survive while Naegi and the others will die.
Jul 12, 2013 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
eminagnam said:

again wrong. if you payed attention to what Monobear said, if someone who is not the culprit is pointed out the culprit, then everyone INCLUDING HIM gets executed EXCEPT FOR THE ACTUAL CULPRIT!

oh yeah, pink blood will never go away, im glad they didnt change that :3
Jul 12, 2013 1:38 PM

Dec 2011
Shinji screaming at the death of Maizono...
It was so nostalgic
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Jul 12, 2013 1:39 PM
Feb 2008
Woah! I was so sure that Maizono girl would survive, I mean the mc promised to protect her and all. This sure has turned out to be pretty good, I'm so glad I didn't drop it.
Jul 12, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode didnt expect the death of the second girl, and after Maizono reaction last episode I was kind of expecting her to be either the first one to kill someone or go full yandere/betrayer/manipulative bitch on one of the last episodes....

I havent read the LP or played the game but I felt kind of rushed the whole investigation part. Its true that talking about random objects for half an episode wouldnt have been better but still I was hoping more inner thoughts, opinions or explanations about those clues they found, I hope that they are explained during the trail next episode.
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Jul 12, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
I already thought Maizono was going be the first victim or the first murder so that wasn't a big shock

Junko's sudden death was pretty shocking though I figured she was going to die eventually but not this early

as for who the murder is my only guess is Hagakure(shaman guy with crazy hair) just because of the broken crystal ball other than that i don't have a clue.

everyone keeps saying that 11037 gives it away, but I don't know what that could be referring to besides a room number guess I should rewatch it
Jul 12, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2012
I wouldn't count Maizono out of the story yet, something was obviously up with her.

Wasn't expecting Junko to suddenly be killed off as she was
Jul 12, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
That pink blood pissed me off big time.

Jul 12, 2013 1:54 PM
Jul 2013
goldrose said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

This. ^
Also, people need to stop bitching about the pink blood when its been said a thousand times that that's how it is in the game.
Anyways, I'm really happy the anime is so faithful to the game, although

Jul 12, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
I wouldn't count Maizono out of the story yet, something was obviously up with her.

Wasn't expecting Junko to suddenly be killed off as she was

Too bad here we dont have the "red truth" to confirm the deaths but that rich guy said that they confirmed the death of Maizono but who knows perhaps later during the story the answer would be that the victim is just playing dead. I wonder if thats the case and there is no culprit and they declare guilty someone else then everyone else is executed but the victim?
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Jul 12, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shit. This didn't seem half as hardcore in the first episode.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jul 12, 2013 1:59 PM
Feb 2012
I don't see why people are complaining about pink blood. It's not even really 'censored', considering that this show has a late night time slot. They kept it in to be truthful to the game. And the blood being pink instead of red is literally the only violence that is censored.
Jul 12, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2010
I was pretty sure Maizano was going to die. So not too surprsied. But Junko.. if she is really dead than this show is retarded. It was too quick and random. I'm 100% sure she is still alive.
Jul 12, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
Unchou said:
Holy shit. This didn't seem half as hardcore in the first episode.
Man you wanna talk about hardcore, wait till you see the executions

Ragna92 said:
I was pretty sure Maizano was going to die. So not too surprsied. But Junko.. if she is really dead than this show is retarded. It was too quick and random. I'm 100% sure she is still alive.
that girl is dead, thing is though, DR doesnt let characters reach end once they die, almost every single character that dies in this story gratly effects a later event, and a few cases characters get more spotlight after they die. But thats all i can say without spoilng

also to the dipshit thats about to reply to this and say in full detail about exactly which soon to be dead characters im talking about inevitably ruining the fun for non lp readers. DONT
JizzyHitlerJul 12, 2013 2:06 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 12, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2013
Was that purple liquid blood? hmmm who did the murder?
Jul 12, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2012
THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!
Haven't had the previlige of playing the VN, so i'm clueless as to whom it was.
I've only got a few guesses, but i'm guessing its someone who thought Naegi was an 'easy' kill? And Looking at all those slashes, someone who can't weild a sword, or just crazy (BIG inlking its that girl with glasses, but i shouldn't jump to far XP)
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!! >___<
Jul 12, 2013 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
I still can't get the number thing...Gonna rewatch and see if I get it.
Jul 12, 2013 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
VoidNoodle said:
What I like about this is that they present the evidence, then the trial comes in the next episode. It gives the viewer a chance to figure out the culprit, just like in the game.

So, show off dem detective skills! The evidences are shown to you, you just need to connect the fragments of Chaos. :)

One little tip : Examine everything closely...

Also, what just sucks is that they just showed the evidence. No details. If any one wants some details on the evidences shown, just say it. :)

Some details would be nice if they are needed to solve the case :)
Jul 12, 2013 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
Jul 12, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
they adapted the death scenes of maizono and junko in this episode really well.
However, the investigation portion was extremely short.
I feel like the audience won't get a good enough idea of the case if the evidence isn't presented correctly.
Nonetheless... I'm excited how they'll portray the trials next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2013 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
I've explain it that way so that they , atleast , use theyr brain . Else I could just type down the name.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 12, 2013 2:38 PM

Nov 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
iLostReason said:

It seems you're right. It's quite fun reading some comments here. When I first saw that clue in the game I yelled "Ooooh common, you can't be serious...".
YandyJul 12, 2013 2:42 PM
Jul 12, 2013 2:39 PM

May 2011
Don't like the new OP music. I see why people say the game is similar to Ace Attorney now. I can't wait for the class trials because I love courtroom debates! They killed off two of my favorite characters already... Kill some men, why the women?

Feels.
Jul 12, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
Oh , I forgot to say something .
She really used her charm to trick Naegi , poor kid he fell for her trap from the very beginning.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 12, 2013 2:42 PM
Jul 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
I've explain it that way so that they , atleast , use theyr brain . Else I could just type down the name.

It's better you don't do either. Like I said, some people don't understand the significance of some pieces of evidence, and some have no idea who the culprit is. Leave it up to them to figure it out, or to wait until the trial.
Jul 12, 2013 2:47 PM
Jan 2013
Why are so many people pissed off about the pink blood?
They didn't do it just for the sake of censorship. It's one of the trademarks of dangan ronpa, and everyone loved it in the original game, since it fits the psycho pop style of the game really well.
Jul 12, 2013 2:51 PM

Aug 2011
I was thinking that she commit suicide, considering that only MC and maizono knew how to open the bathroom door, but the whole disc-video's "oh she has nowhere left to go" thing would make it way too cliche if she actually did commit suicide, so i'll just have to wait to see.
Jul 12, 2013 2:59 PM

Jul 2012
Not even playing around here, but it's honestly interesting watching everyone contemplate their own theories for this.

And for the person who keeps on ~subtly~ revealing hints about the culprit, murder, etc., stop.
Jul 12, 2013 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
I have to admit that Monokuma shines the most in this episode - the anime certainly fleshes it out right. The mannerism and the voice are great.
Jul 12, 2013 3:05 PM

Jan 2011
[center]
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.