Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2013 2:19 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Poor Ucy :'(

Next week, luffy rampage time!!
Jul 9, 2013 2:21 AM

May 2013
You Hurt my COW?

this is what you get..

Jul 9, 2013 3:06 AM

Jun 2011
ok chapter..
Jul 9, 2013 3:39 AM
Dec 2012
Take down a Giant with a single hit, SO BADASS!
Jul 9, 2013 4:08 AM

Sep 2012
Bellamy didn't seem happy here.
Jul 9, 2013 4:18 AM

Dec 2008
Bellamy doesn't really want to kill Luffy and he obviously knows he is stronger than him so he is an a dilemma now. Lucy and Ucy, what a great team it was while it lasted xD
Jul 9, 2013 5:23 AM

Aug 2010
So all the toys in this island were humans transformed by that lady's DF?

Wondering what Bellamy will do?

Bartolomeo intrigued me with "My connection is deeper"

So Ricky is almost 100% the old legendary gladiator since Rebecca seemed to know him personally.

Luf-Lucy was BA!!!! Loved how the whole audience started to cheer him on XD
Oh Luffy hahaha.
DAT PUNCH!!
Jul 9, 2013 5:29 AM

Aug 2012
ah Luffy, you can't NOT love him... :,)

That aside, I'm really psyched about finding out Bartolomeo's connection. The Bellamy situation doesn't bother me all in all so much, it can be easily resolved any time...but it is interesting watching Bellamy with those expressions

Hmm, what will be with Sunny, there will be some SUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPAAAAAARRR rage coming from Franky when he sees this.

And I don't remember Rebecca ever mentioning she knew the legendary gladiator personally, so I guess he knew her only but didn't reveal his identity...or Ricky is her relative or something...
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Jul 9, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2012
oh my god, and Sanji will be soooo pissed when he sees what that old hag did to nami-swan ^^
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

Jul 9, 2013 5:38 AM
Jul 9, 2013 5:44 AM

Apr 2009
i knew when luffy makes that angry face, someone is going to get fucked!

damn bartolomeo.. i thought he was sabo, but now he has this 'rage' face against luffy!!

and whats with this Rebecca bullshit.. oda tell already the story and stop putting these random hints here and there
Jul 9, 2013 6:26 AM

Feb 2010
Barion-Zara said:
So all the toys in this island were humans transformed by that lady's DF?

Ah yes, now that's possible.
Jul 9, 2013 6:55 AM
May 2013
Jola's DF ability isn't making toys. Her ability is actually turning things into modern art. For example, Brook as Edvard Munch's The Scream and Nami as Picasso's Girl-In-Mirror. It is quite a creative power. Oda has a crazy imagination.
Jul 9, 2013 6:59 AM

Dec 2011
kiDnameDSkia said:
ah Luffy, you can't NOT love him... :,)

^

UCYYYY ;A;

the giant, serves him right lol
Jul 9, 2013 7:02 AM

Feb 2012
LOL ok I have legit almost no idea what the first couple pages with that woman were about. Did where I read the chapter like miss pages or were they already turned to toys when it first showed them? Can someone like summarize what happened there because I have no idea.

The battle was cool though, the second Ucy got hit by the giant I knew Luf...Lucy was about to mess up his face instantly. He always forms silly bonds like that, but even so you wouldn't want to mess it haha.

Nodsarchir said:
Jola's DF ability isn't making toys. Her ability is actually turning things into modern art. For example, Brook as Edvard Munch's The Scream and Nami as Picasso's Girl-In-Mirror. It is quite a creative power. Oda has a crazy imagination.

I remember seeing "The Scream" many times, but had to Google the Picasso painting and wow you're probably right. I wonder what Chopper was based off :p Good catch man
Wind_SrJul 9, 2013 7:18 AM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jul 9, 2013 8:30 AM

Feb 2012
Pretty bad beginning but the colosseum part was good.
Jul 9, 2013 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
Haha awesome chapter, excited to see what will happen next.

That lady with the surrealist painter power is cool, can't wait to see Franky's reaction to the new Thousand Sunny.

Don't think Bellamy will go through with his assassination, he'll probably turn good. Not crew member material though.

The more I see of Rebecca the more I think, if anyone will join this arc, it will be her. That old gladiator guy must be a relative of hers. I'm sure this is is just a coincidence but when I saw his face through the mask he kinda looked like Garp. Not that I think its him, but that would be a bad ass surprise.

Pissed off Luffy never disappoints he smashed that giants face in.

Oh and what the hell is Bartolomeo's problem with Luffy.
Jul 9, 2013 9:08 AM

Aug 2012
I'm srsly going out of my mind?

Just what connection has Bartolomeo got with Luffy/Ace?

We know a few things:
-He wants the mera mera no mi badly, to give it to another person
-He was surprised by the realization it's Luffy in the tournament
-He said they go way back

SO, almost everybody's first that comes to mind is probably SABO SABO SABO (but I think everytime a new character that is supposedly from the past will be introduced some will say it's Sabo)
- while I discard the fact that Barto is Sabo himself, there is a possibility that the guy Barto works for might be Sabo... (of course here we took for granted that Sabo is alive...there's a hella lot hints that he is, but idc...I still don't want him alive, but I guess I have no choice but to think this way)

-he might be from a past that was both Luffy's and Ace's, for instance a part of Bluejam's crew? We never saw the bodies, it is only thought they burned to crisp on grey terminal after Ace and Dadan left...

or he could only have something to do with one of them:
-he could also be someone with Whitebeards connection
-he could be from a crew defeated by Luffy in the past (for instance Don Kriegs, or such..)

I doubt there isn't a much deeper bond, but I guess Oda can always turn it into a fun relationship, like Cavendish has with Luffy xd part of a gag or sth, though I say once more, I doubt that...

dayum, I wanna know

Jul 9, 2013 10:25 AM

Apr 2009
judging by Bartolomeo's face expressions, his intentions are not good.. i don't think he has a connection with sabo at all!!
Jul 9, 2013 10:47 AM

Jan 2010
Well, it's nice to legitimately confirm that Luffy can 1-hit giants, not that it wasn't obvious. Also, Rebecca seems to have history with quite a few people in several tiers of Dressrosa's society...
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 9, 2013 11:01 AM

Jun 2012
pretty good chapter, that womans power is interesting :P i think franky will be the one to fight her when he sees the ship :P

Luffy vs that massive forehead guy is coming up! cannot wait to see luffy go all out
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jul 9, 2013 11:02 AM
Mar 2012
Cool chapter and who gives a shit about Ucy lmao. Wasn't really fascinated by luffy surprising everyone again.
Jul 9, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
Okay chapter.
Jul 9, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2007
Finally a good chapter.
Was so good the last punch !
Jul 9, 2013 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
I could read One Piece just for the reactions to Luffy's strength :D
Jul 9, 2013 11:22 AM
Jun 2012
I guess it's beef for dinner tonight for Luffy. Luffy going all out in the next chapter, can't wait.
Jul 9, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2012
Nice chapter,looking forward to the next one. I love Luffy's rape faces but they aren't as good as Oga's (MC of Beelzebub).
Jul 9, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
Nice now that's what I expected from Luffy. Knocking a giant in one punch.
Jul 9, 2013 12:19 PM

Jun 2010
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
The more I see of Rebecca the more I think, if anyone will join this arc, it will be her. That old gladiator guy must be a relative of hers. I'm sure this is is just a coincidence but when I saw his face through the mask he kinda looked like Garp. Not that I think its him, but that would be a bad ass surprise.

Rebecca joining the crew definitely seems possible, but then there is also that whole connection between her and the toy soldier. But in this arc so far, the only characters I see with chances of joining are Violet and Rebecca.
Jul 9, 2013 2:50 PM

Jun 2010
So how do they go back cause I can't think of anything?
Jul 9, 2013 3:25 PM

Dec 2011
Oh damn. Build up for Bartolomeo... and also, Brook and the others are turned into toys? Ahaha. Brook became the person from the Scream painting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2013 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
I love these moments! One Piece always does this best!

Luffy gets pissed > Does something crazy > WTF reaction from the audience.

But Bartolomeo, he said he knew Luffy from the past... is he perhaps someone we know? O_O

Bellamy, might become an ally of Luffy.

It never occurred to me... a Giant with a Logia. Now thats something I really would like to see!

Dat Minecraft Chopper lol
skwok-ravenJul 9, 2013 3:49 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 9, 2013 8:44 PM

Feb 2011
Amazing chapter.

1. I'm really curious to see how Sunny will be fixed considering it's obvious that the strawhats are not going to be getting a new ship, lol.

2.Luffy's rage was epic. Ucy was cool too :( Poor Ucy.
That Giant stood absolutely no chance against Luffy. Glad to see some glimpse of Luffy' strength.

3.Am I the only one who feels Cavendish is a future ally? Yes, at the moment, him and Luffy are at odds; yet, Luffy and Law hated one another once before as well.
I think they'd make a great alliance.

4.Bellamy wont go w/ the assassin of course. I believe he will make it appear as if he is, and last minute give Luffy room to escape. It seems Doflamingo set up people everywhere to take out the strawhats. He was very smart in his planning.

5.Really curious to see Bartolomeo's ties w/Luffy.
Jul 10, 2013 5:19 AM
Jul 2013
Okey guys, what about Jola-Lola, lol.... Sounds pretty obvious to me, or, atleast, plausable. Lolas mother from Thriller bark, big time pirate in the new world, she would fit. I guess they wil find out by that vivre card or something, ofc. This is OP we talk about I could be wrong, but they are both big and fat, and have similar names, aaand. Yes. New World. Strong pirate, besides that comparing their looks, they look pretty alike..... Just, share your thoughts :O
MagnorsanJul 10, 2013 5:47 AM
Jul 10, 2013 6:16 AM

Feb 2010
Magnorsan said:
Okey guys, what about Jola-Lola, lol.... Sounds pretty obvious to me, or, atleast, plausable. Lolas mother from Thriller bark, big time pirate in the new world, she would fit. I guess they wil find out by that vivre card or something, ofc. This is OP we talk about I could be wrong, but they are both big and fat, and have similar names, aaand. Yes. New World. Strong pirate, besides that comparing their looks, they look pretty alike..... Just, share your thoughts :O

lol just about write the same stuff^^ as long it is not big mum who is everybody fav for lola's mum i'm fine who ever it is.
Jul 10, 2013 6:38 AM
Jul 2013
bskbob said:
Magnorsan said:

lol just about write the same stuff^^ as long it is not big mum who is everybody fav for lola's mum i'm fine who ever it is.

I agree, but. Yes, perhaps she will be helping the SH in later in dressrosa, IF she is lolas mom ofc, them helping her daughter must be something she apreciates :o
Jul 10, 2013 6:46 AM
Oct 2009
Aside from the OHMAGAWDWHATACHAPTER obligatory comment, after reading this week's masterpiece, I must ask this:

am I really the only one who was rolling on the floor in laughter when I noticed Brook had been turned into Munch's "The Scream"?

Seriously, that's one of the small details that make a manga a top tier one.
Jul 10, 2013 8:34 AM

Jan 2008
Poor Ucy. The giant fucker deserved what he got.

I'm also quite curious how Bartolomeo is related to Luffy.
Jul 10, 2013 9:54 AM

May 2013
Did you see how the figurehead of the Sunny turned into an artistic version of a sun insteado of a lion when Jola used her DF? I think there's another character who doesn't distinguish it. Poor Franky.
Angels, they fell first but I'm still here

Alone as they are drawing near

In heaven my masterpiece will finally be sung
Jul 10, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
Bellamy knows he can't beat Luffy and he probably doesn't want to kill him anyway.
I predict Bellamy won't follow his orders and will join Laws crew and the alliance between him and Luffy.
Jul 10, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
smokes said:
judging by Bartolomeo's face expressions, his intentions are not good.. i don't think he has a connection with sabo at all!!

Thank you for saying that. I feel like when something is unexplained, many fans' default is to connect it with Sabo.

When reading the beginning of this chapter I thought someone tied up Oda and wrote the chapter in his stead. I loved the gladiator scene and its still gratifying to see Luffy kick giant butt to the adoration of the crowd. That smile when Lucy was riding the bull makes me think Rebecca would fit right in with the Straw Hats. Cavendish's expression was awesome. Great chapter.
SwordsmanDanJul 10, 2013 10:14 AM
Jul 10, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2007
SwordsmanDan said:
I feel like when something is unexplained, many fans' default is to connect it with Sabo.
And every time a new "likable" character is introduced many fans predict he/she will join the main crew.

Geez you guys.
Jul 10, 2013 11:48 AM
Sep 2012
The mystery of toys is being unveiled.
What the hell they did to my Nami-Chwan? Her perfect breasts are gone!!! DX
EPIC FINAL WITH LUF... LUCY! showing hes great power!!! =D
...poor Ucy =/
Jul 10, 2013 12:15 PM
Mar 2012
It'll be awesome if he turns out to have ties with the earlier villains of the series like kuro or don krieg
Jul 10, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2009
Raven-san said:
It never occurred to me... a Giant with a Logia. Now thats something I really would like to see!

ahah, that would be total madness.. imagine a fuckign giant having Akainu's fucking lava power, or Ace's fire fruit.. shiiiiiit

now that i think of it, the filler of the Z movie in anime, had some luffy where he was a giant (with his fruit)lol that was good to see
Jul 10, 2013 1:22 PM

Dec 2012
Shaduge said:
It'll be awesome if he turns out to have ties with the earlier villains of the series like kuro or don krieg

Or buggy. I need more buggy. Have we seen him since he became a shichibukai? He was a part of the pirate king's crew, a rival of two of the yonkou, the only man who could ever talk down to whitebeard, the man to lead the only prison break in impel down history, the scourge of east blue, the hero of the great battle of marineford, one of the only men to escape from vice admiral smoker, a man who went head to head with admirals and lived to tell the tale, the bane of all swordsmen, and the man closest to one piece. He is a legend. I love him.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 10, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
There is literally so much going on in this arc and it just gets deeper, my mind is about to explode. I really wonder how Oda will bring this all together.
Jul 10, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2012
smokes said:
Raven-san said:

ahah, that would be total madness.. imagine a fuckign giant having Akainu's fucking lava power, or Ace's fire fruit.. shiiiiiit

now that i think of it, the filler of the Z movie in anime, had some luffy where he was a giant (with his fruit)lol that was good to see

that would be pretty terrifying, the giant could literally body slam a town and wipe it out in a second.
Jul 10, 2013 7:04 PM
Dec 2011
That devil fruit power (modern art) has to be one of the coolest so far!
Jul 10, 2013 9:16 PM

Dec 2012
burntlettuce said:
There is literally so much going on in this arc and it just gets deeper, my mind is about to explode. I really wonder how Oda will bring this all together.

Agreed. So far it looks to be the best arc since the first sabaody.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

3 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 8:34 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.