Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2013 10:11 AM
Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You would think that by now, Judy would know better than to listen to Julia's mom! I mean, really, she ought to know that Mrs. Pendleton's not a trustworthy source of information. And hasn't she already been assured that Jervis loves her? This seems like unnecessary drama, to be honest.
Aug 27, 2013 4:20 PM

Apr 2012
I couldn't stop cringing during this episode.

Mouse2010 said:
You would think that by now, Judy would know better than to listen to Julia's mom! I mean, really, she ought to know that Mrs. Pendleton's not a trustworthy source of information. And hasn't she already been assured that Jervis loves her? This seems like unnecessary drama, to be honest.
I guess it has to do with the shock of someone else (and of ill intent) knowing her situation. It's going to be nice seeing Judy overcome this.
Sep 1, 2016 8:38 PM

Jun 2016
Looks like Judy's finally going to deal with her past instead of hiding it from everybody. And yes it is unnecessary drama in a way but it also reassures the audience of how little self confidence Judy really has.
Sep 14, 2017 2:16 PM
Aug 2014
Not much point running after Judy Jervis after she ran out after you saw her with your sister as you must know what your sister is like.

Was Jervis confession and following kiss all a dream then?

Was kind of hoping Judy would say she's an orphan in front of all those people shocking them and humiliating Julia's mother who was trying to humiliate her.
Jan 2, 2018 1:48 AM

Jan 2017
Judy gets manipulated easily. That's what Jervis meant by world not being kind.
Contemporary0091Jan 2, 2018 10:35 AM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Jun 3, 2019 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
I don't get why Julia's mom has to be so mean, she's a bad addition to the cast, especially at this point of the story I don't feel she brings anything interesting
Mar 30, 2020 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
The episode did a good job on portraying that party as an oppressive environment. It was almost suffocating. The way all those unrelated people were trying to get to know their background only to judge them based solely on it. It was awful. I thought that Jervis would be able to protect Judy, and he saved her from that forced introduction, but that was the most he could do. Julia's mother investigated her background, tried to make her expose herself, and then blackmailed her when she realized that the thing with Jervis was for real. Judy gave her too much power. I mean, I wouldn't want to be publicly humiliated either so I think she did well by leaving, but it's due time for her to stop running from it, and tell the people who are important to her the truth. That she is an orphan. Who cares what the other people are going to say? She doesn't owe them anything and if she can just learn to accept and live with it, no one will be able to use her background against her ever again. But I know that's the hard part.
FayrinMar 30, 2020 8:21 AM
May 28, 2022 12:04 AM
Feb 2016
Damn what an episode. Julia's mom got her revenge after what happened in the last episode. What an awful woman. Looks like Judy will have to confront her past head-on soon.
May 28, 2022 12:06 AM
Feb 2016
Robinne said:
I don't get why Julia's mom has to be so mean, she's a bad addition to the cast, especially at this point of the story I don't feel she brings anything interesting

I disagree. Her character and the lifestyle of the elite were very interesting. It's what's needed to get Judy to confront her past and finally overcome her trauma of being an orphan. I'm excited to see her finally tell everyone the truth.

More topics from this board

» What do you think about the romance?

Teirayo - Oct 5, 2023

1 by kannysan34 »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » My Daddy Long Legs Episode 40 Discussion

Salmissra - Feb 27, 2013

26 by kannysan34 »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Ashinaga Oji-san Episode 29 Discussion

Mouse2010 - Jun 17, 2013

7 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan Episode 17 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Aug 27, 2016

4 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 27, 2023 2:51 AM

Poll: » My Daddy Long Legs Episode 16 Discussion

Salmissra - Jul 30, 2012

9 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 27, 2023 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.