Forum Settings
Forums

How many anime shows do you watch at a time?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Oct 26, 2007 6:32 AM
i watch about about 3 at a time normally and watch them start to finish but i swithch between them sometimes to have a break from the series i'm watching if it's a long one
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png

Oct 26, 2007 8:00 PM
it depends in a day to me..cause in school days im just watching 2 or 3 animes but in the weekends i spend a lot of time watching animes...whaha....maybe in a weeks i could watch 25 episodes of animes..haha..

Oct 26, 2007 11:59 PM

well it depends... during school days i watch anime series (in DVD's) one at a time.. but during vacation.. i think about 6 or more... 2 from DVD.. 2 downloaded.. and 2 or more in the television on air... hihi :)

Oct 27, 2007 12:13 AM

Most of the time, I start a bunch of series at once, see which one I like best [judging by the first episode] and run with it till I finish. Then move onto the next one, then the next...you know. So, one at a time. o.O I'm a super slow anime watcher though and I get bored really easily so...it takes me forever to finish a series. XD

Oct 29, 2007 5:20 AM

If all the episodes are out, I watch one at a time and marathon it. If its not all out yet, I usually end up watching 5 at the same time.

Oct 29, 2007 6:53 AM

If I watch more than 5 series at a time then I just forget the settings in one or two of them, so I always try to keep on 3 at a time

Oct 29, 2007 7:10 AM

I usually watch around 10-15 series at a time, it really isn't very difficult with some time management. 1 or 2 episodes a night and it'll add up. I just have to give up a half hour or so of vegging out in front of the tv looking for stuff to watch.

Oct 29, 2007 8:43 AM

usually 3-5 for me. i tend to stay away from shows like one piece/naruto (just cause they're too damn long) i can burn through a series of 12-26eps in a week. but recently i've been watching more on going stuff, so i've slowed down a bit. as for marathoning, its pointless since my series are so short

Oct 29, 2007 2:35 PM

well. i think short series (13-26 eps) are the best to marathon. because you really do end up watching the whole show in one day... at least i do. I know if i start a series with more than 26 episodes, and its good, i'm not going to want to STOP watching it..... lol

generally i watch about 2-6 episodes on a weekday, depending on how much homework i need to do. on weekends it ranges from 0-26... depending on whether i'm out partying for the whole weekend or being a loser in my room and watching anime all day long hahaa

Oct 29, 2007 2:38 PM

I'm usually at 10+ shows...I have shows i start but just tend to forget or ingore for a while cause of the other new shows airing and whatnot

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world

Oct 29, 2007 4:45 PM

too many...as ya can see from my list

Oct 29, 2007 7:00 PM

I watch as many as there are that interest me - to be more specific, about 4+ series at a time usually. But more than that and some usually get pushed back (too busy / subs not released on time / etc) and it ends up getting put on hold =/

Oct 29, 2007 7:49 PM

at most two or three

Oct 30, 2007 5:44 AM

I usually watch around 20-30.. it really depends on the mood after all ^_^

Oct 30, 2007 5:56 AM

11 in my Watching list, though I feel like dropping two of them (Shion no Ou, Suteki Tantei Labyrinth), one is practically on-hold because of laziness (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni), one is a special (Code Geass specials), and one I'm just waiting for subs (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, a.f.k. has left me in despair).

Oct 30, 2007 6:37 AM

I don't know how you guys watch 20-35 shows at once, I would get them all mixed up, or forget what the previous episodes were. I'm currently watching the most shows I have ever watched at once, and I think I'm definitely not picking up another show.

Oct 30, 2007 6:36 PM

I try to keep it around 5 shows at a time but when Fall or Spring season comes around that rule flies out the window. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 30, 2007 7:08 PM

I watch about four at a time. I usually switch when I get bored of it at the time, and then go back once I want to watch it again.

Oct 31, 2007 4:24 AM

I rather focus on one at a time and when I finish it I will go to the next one I have planned to watch.
Though, since I'm atm focusing on Bleach and I'm always up-to-date with the episodes, it's a bit boring to just wait for new releases... so I'm currently watching 3 other animes while waiting for Bleach.

Oct 31, 2007 5:58 AM

Not that much, about 10 at a time. When i finished one, i enter a new one :)

Nov 1, 2007 10:31 AM

I usally consentrate on one anime (I'm not talking of the ones that are still being aired cuz I watch them,such as:Bleach,Naruto etc.) because it helps to create a mood suitable for that specific series. Plus you don't get mixed up or forget something and don't need to repeat episodes.
I'll be nicer if you give me chocolate and bishies ^^

Nov 1, 2007 11:55 AM

Depends. Right now I think I'm watching 20 series, but I'm only seriously watching 8 of them. Usually I would watch 3-5 at a time, but since I don't have school until next year, I decided to watch more anime than usual.

Nov 1, 2007 4:56 PM

Currently watching 15 series currently airing, finishing off an old series, and waiting for a couple more to finish being subbed. Probably watching way too much >_>
I normally watch 6-10 series per season, but I seem to have latched onto quite a few this fall season ^^;
As I prefer to watch stuff as it airs, I don't do a lot of marathoning unless I'm catching up on something, but sometimes it can get excessive when I do, like watching Inukami! within 48 hours ^^;

Nov 1, 2007 5:34 PM

10-15 i normally watch the ones that have been released then go back and watch the ones i have missied

Nov 1, 2007 5:38 PM

Not more than 7 but usually 3 or 1. There's usually 2 that I'll always be watching that have new episodes coming out once a week like bleach and naruto (both overrated although I still watch them), and I'll usually pick up another completely aired anime that I can watch several episodes at once in a row. The reason that sometimes I might be watching just 1 is if I get really caught up in a show and I just watch the whole season in a row in a couple days. I usually find doing this to be more interesting than watching several ones at the same time, that is if the anime is good enough.

life is a dream
~death is reality

Nov 1, 2007 5:38 PM

It depends if I find some anime that are just okay then i watch each once or twice or if i find that great anime i watch it all day until finish

Feb 15, 2008 2:17 PM

im currently watching about 20 series ^^;;

Feb 15, 2008 2:39 PM

About 20-30. I might not keep up with all of them all the time, but I will get to them at some point and am usually fairly up to date with the majority of them.

Feb 15, 2008 3:04 PM

I only watch 1 at a time so I can concentrate better on the stories, usually when I watch more than 2 at a time i kinda have to go back and rewatch some of the eps to remember what was going on.

Feb 15, 2008 3:20 PM

The last months I've been watching 15+ series at a time.. wichc I found out is way too many shows.. so after the shows I'm currently watching have finished airing or i finish watching them, I'm going to slow down and take it down to 2 or 3 at a time.

Feb 15, 2008 3:21 PM

2-3 maximum for older series i haven't watched yet and then an additional 4-5 that are currently airing.

Feb 15, 2008 5:43 PM
I try to watch around 10-11 at a time, right now it's 13 but I plan to trim it down a few when I finish with a couple.
I have to watch at least one of each before moving on or I end up forgetting what's going on.

Feb 15, 2008 5:55 PM

For actual series I follow concurrently, 20+ at any given time. Though some of them I will let backlog, at least partially if not fully, and watch when they're complete. For series that I follow week to week, I'll marathon through in full some time after they finish to fully absorb it (always miss stuff the first time =p)

For how many episodes I -watch- in a row... anywhere from none a day, to far too many. I've watched some fifty odd episodes in 'one sitting' (bio breaks and food etc aside) though it's very rare I'll watch more than a dozen episodes a day. Though a single cours series is a nice way to kill an evening. 12 eps is four hours, which is a nice time killer. ^^

Since currently airing stuff can be delayed (some days there are no new releases of shows I care about, for example) I always have backlogged series to watch, and I'm always rewatching something or arather. At the moment I've been rewatching Samurai Champloo, and I also binged through the first season of Nanoha again last night/this morning.

Basically, I'm never without anime. But sometimes I just don't feel like watching it, or I'm too busy etc, so I may end up not watching any at all. My backlog never stops growing, though. >.<

Feb 15, 2008 6:08 PM
I try not to watch too many series at once. Right now I am just waching detective conan. But I just barely fiished Zombie Loan. Right Now I am trying to finish The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzmiya. Since Detective Conan is ongoing, I simply watch a completed series untill I finish it then I watch the ongoing series untill I can think of another completed series so my system is sort of strange.

Feb 15, 2008 7:04 PM

1 or 2 (Hundreds) like you can see in my sig.

Feb 16, 2008 12:02 AM

I'm currently watching 22 (2 of which are OVAs) animes right now. I'm glad I have enough time to watch all these =P

Feb 17, 2008 10:41 AM

Hm.
I am watching 15 at the moment and I don't want to watch more at the same time. I want to give each Anime the amount of time, that it needs :D
~ Close your eyes and open your imagination ... . ... Let the words and letters be your colors and let your soul be the brush, that paints a new reality ~

Feb 17, 2008 10:42 AM

i try to keep it around 40
usually goes up to 70 when new anime air
but i like keeping at my own pace... if i watch too much anime, i'd feel like i'm drowning

Feb 17, 2008 10:54 AM

I try to keep it at around 5, so I usually wait until things have finished airing to start so I'm not watching too much at once.

Feb 17, 2008 1:35 PM

I usually prefer to only watch one series at a time.

Feb 17, 2008 1:43 PM

Under 20, several of which will be old stuff or sporadic releases that I don't have to keep up with weekly. Any more is too much.

Feb 17, 2008 1:44 PM
Not currently airing: up to 6
Currently Airing: This depends on how much anime of the particular season flags my interest.
plus any other series that I'm still waiting for subs for.

Feb 17, 2008 1:50 PM

Eh, for series that have finished airing, it really depends for me. If I REALLY like it, I'll finish it in one go. But if the series is only ok, or if it's the type of anime you can't really marathon (though it's still excellent, e.g. Mushishi and Aria), I'll juggle up to 5 at a time.

As for currently airing series, I'll usually watch 2 or 3 faithfully. The rest I just put on hold till they have finished airing.

Feb 17, 2008 2:03 PM

I like to try and complete everything I start, but sometimes I watch the first 3 episodes and say I want to save the rest for later that week, and before you know it I already started 10 or 15 anime. I dont have a set number at which I stop, but I can follow multiple anime at one time. I used to be linear and just watch 1, but now I have different anime for different moods, and usually I never power through slice of life stuff like Mushishi.

Feb 17, 2008 2:13 PM

Up until now I have watched one at a time, and never dropped one, but recently I have been picking to many boring ones, so I'm now I usually watch about 5-10 at once.

Feb 17, 2008 2:16 PM

It varies for me. Some series just seem like they are prone to marathon-ing (Hunter X Hunter, FMA, Fate/Stay Night, shounen stuff in general). I find myself watching episode after episode, even when I don't like the series (as with FMA... weird, I know).

On the other hand, I have a harder time going through denser stories so quickly - I feel like it's going to take me forever to watch Monster, because I can only watch 3 or 4 episodes a week. When I try to cut through stories like that so quickly (as I did with Haibane Renmei), I end up feeling mentally drained at the end, and usually have to take a break from anime for a few days.

Feb 17, 2008 2:16 PM

Not including OVAs are special marathons:

- 6 ongoing series with a new episode everyday of the week sans Friday (that's Anime Club)
- 1 complete series that I watch 2-4 eps of per day
- 1 series of 39 episodes or more, 1 episode per day until completion.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Feb 17, 2008 2:40 PM

Right now I think i'm watching 7 or 8 shows. It's a problem I have one day i will watch five or six episodes of one show, then the next i watch a different one, after awhile i get back to the first one. That is unless I really really love the show then I will watch it all in two or three days. A good example is I watched Ring Ni Kakero in a day or so.

"Anime brings people together, no matter your age, race, gender, religion, or philosophy as long as you like anime you've got something in common with People all over the world"

Feb 17, 2008 2:51 PM

Usually around 10-15 animes at a time, but there are a lot that would deserve to be on hold (but I don't want to put them on hold because now that I found out that I kinda forgot them, I'm going to watch some more episodes of these series, so putting them on hold would be quite useless :/). I don't like watching too much animes at the same time, because then I'm like "Oh, another episode of *** just aired, I gotta watch it. Oh wait, it's been a long time since I watched an episode of ***, by the way. Ugh, but I also want to watch episode # of ***... And if I don't quickly catch up with episode # of ***, I'm going to be confused. There's also...". Well, you get the picture. Someday, I know I'm gonna need a schedule...
Modified by FeatherineB, Feb 17, 2008 2:56 PM

Feb 17, 2008 2:59 PM

naikou said:

On the other hand, I have a harder time going through denser stories so quickly - I feel like it's going to take me forever to watch Monster, because I can only watch 3 or 4 episodes a week. When I try to cut through stories like that so quickly (as I did with Haibane Renmei), I end up feeling mentally drained at the end, and usually have to take a break from anime for a few days.

I so agree with you. I feel this same way about Monster and other thinker titles. I can power through something like Naruto or Hunter X Hunter, but when it comes to stuff like Monster, it takes a lot more out of you to watch it. These are usually the shows I put on the back burner and wind up picking another anime in my list of to watch series to watch. Then I only like to watch Mushishi when im in a certain mindset, so I tend to put stuff like that on hold for a while. I have already been watching Mushishi for over a year now, and am disappointed to know I am almost at the end. I barely watch it twice a month, but I love every episode of it. I just dont want to power through it and move on.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »