Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 14, 2020 9:49 AM
Mar 2020
Okay, so I'm kinda late to the party, but I just finished Sket Dance yesterday.

It was really great, but I was kinda disappointed as well when Himeko confessed to Bossun...

The ending was fine the way it was, but I was thinking about that maybe it should have ended with all of the characters sitting in the clubroom and saying "is this how they finish our manga? that's so lame" or something like that lol

That probably would have been more fitting for a comedy manga with lots of fourth-wall breaking like Sket Dance.
Apr 29, 2020 2:54 AM
Apr 2020
shachikuakita said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What? EH?!?!?!
END?
Switch's speech was quite touching as expected. Especially when he bragged, "I have the most friends in this school" (It sounds so weird in English...)
THEN COMES THE SO CALLED CLOSURE BETWEEN BOSSUN AND HIMEKO.
RAGING RIGHT NOW.
Well, while being glad Bossun stayed his usual Bossun-self, at the same time I was a teeny bit disappointed that they ended it with Bossun being so dense (on purpose or not).
The closure between Momoka and Switch was subtle, but good enough.
Pretty cool ending with the whole SKET DANCE thing.
Oh, and CONGRATS to Remi and Chuuma sensei for their baby.

Sket Dance was quite an enjoyment. Well, that's one more thing disappearing from my life now D:
Looking forward to Shinohara's next work (make a special chapter or something).

So...when are they going to pick up the anime again? :D

I found a petition for an epilogue of sket dance manga.
http://chng.it/MmRc85pL
Please show your support!
Apr 29, 2020 2:55 AM
Apr 2020
CrimsonPhantom said:
Aww, Bossun remains as dense as ever. >.<
I expected something like that from him, but it's still a bit of a let-down. Poor Himeko...

I want to see an epilogue chapter about what happened to other characters, as well.

*sigh* I'm going to miss Sket Dance.

Apr 29, 2020 2:56 AM
Apr 2020
Dark_Messiah said:
im happy for switch and momoka BUT screw you bossun, you ruin the ending just when im hoping for something good, dont care if its in cliche way, just want to end it with himeko and bossun accepting their feelings each other.. T_T

cant understand my feeling my top fav manga is ending..
if this will be animated im gonna cry for sure T_T...

Apr 29, 2020 2:57 AM
Apr 2020
ChiakiPyon said:
I've only read the raws for the last chapter. But damn, it made me teary. Huhuhuhu. Wishing for an epilogue.

And please share the petition link!
Apr 29, 2020 2:58 AM
Apr 2020
Akagi-kun said:
Recently ended final chapter. I really hate open endings. And i hate this ending in SKET Dance, after all... And I am very angry. Bossun is truly idiot.
But I'm happy for Switch and Momoka.

P.S. It is clear that Bossun also likes Himeko. Perhaps he realizes that he really feeling only after they are separated by a distance. Perhaps.

Apr 29, 2020 2:58 AM
Apr 2020
xoKyungsoo said:
Akagi-kun said:
Recently ended final chapter. I really hate open endings. And i hate this ending in SKET Dance, after all... And I am very angry. Bossun is truly idiot.
But I'm happy for Switch and Momoka.

P.S. It is clear that Bossun also likes Himeko. Perhaps he realizes that he really feeling only after they are separated by a distance. Perhaps.
Yeah i was quite mad too :(

I also think that he likes her, but I don't think he knew that at that moment she was trying to tell him that. oblivious to the end qq

Apr 29, 2020 3:00 AM
Apr 2020
walla said:
Now that I think about it, I do kinda wish Bossun had gotten the message... This is okay too though, it gets me thinking about what's next for them. :) They'll get there eventually.

Apr 29, 2020 3:00 AM
Apr 2020
hellogarry said:
Momoka and Switch together that's nice

But seriously I would really love to see Himeko and Bossun together as well.

Well it seems that Bossun will be on the monk life.

May 30, 2020 7:16 PM
Nov 2017
DAMNNN BOSSUN YOU'RE AN IDIOT
Jun 11, 2020 5:29 PM

May 2009
I learned today that mangaka before he close his twitter account posted this picture
Jul 26, 2020 1:40 PM
Apr 2020
I will miss this manga, I'm sure of it. Look back after what sket dance had done and that ending really got me a lonely feeling about it, i just can't do anything but cry. But this has been such a amazing series, thanks to shinohara kenta sensei that made this manga. This manga taught me so many life lessons, especially because the setting is a school life. I'm glad i read this while I'm still a high schooler, because im sure couldn't feel this way if I'm not a high schooler anymore. Bcause of this i can take my step forward and keep moving forward. And once again my favorite manga has ended.

Thank you for made this amazing manga shinohara kenta sensei. Thanks SKET DAN.

P.s i think I will miss bossun the most
ALaLuckyJul 26, 2020 1:48 PM
Aug 5, 2020 8:56 PM
Aug 2020
Puspithe said:
SKET Dance is the first manga I finished reading and it's totally a blast! LOVE IT!! The ending is so heartwarming (as always) and it is a good ending too; eventhough there's a little ego in my mind that hoping BossunxHimeko ship will sail, but it is okay. Shinohara-sensei did a great job with this series, and I hope I can meet him in person one day just to thank him about this series. For the characters, after a long 288 chapters, we can finnaly see them reaching for their futures. Tsubaki trying to be a doctor, Saaya still with her tsundere complex, Himeko trying to be a teacher, Bossun that amazed us with his decision, and Switch. Ugh, I think, after 288 chapters, Switch is that one character who grew the most. He became himself once again and finnaly trying to love someone else again!!! (Whooohoo!!!). I finished reading this manga two years ago, and I can't count how many times I have already reread it. Thank you, SKET Dance. Thank you, Shinohara Kento-sensei.
Kurosaki55555 said:
I read sket dance manga in my high schooldays so it is very close to my heart. It was one of the best manga i've ever read.
The scene where Switch speaks once again is very precious and the way bossun, himeko and Switch hugged each other crying brings tear to our eyes also.
Regarding the ending, i think Shinohara-san wants us to interpret it ourselves. Switch started speaking once again and he got together with Momoka.
We see in manga that Himeko confesses her love for bossun at the end but he is still vague in his response. I personally think this type of response was necessary since they have been always together.He didnt think of himeko that way so how can we expect him to change suddenly.
Bossun abruptly thinks of going abroad and reasons with Switch that he is still a kid and need to learn a lot inorder to help others.His time in foreign country will probably change him and he'll mature.We see that he is always unable to answer properly when it comes to love. But i think it is always hinted that he wants to give proper answer.In chapter 150, he says that someday he hopes to realise who he loves about whom he can be as passionate as onee san(Remi) as he reminisces about Himeko at school trip. Cyclops incident is introduced which points similarities between members of both club.Also cyclops and Umeko eventually ended up together.
When Himeko gets kidnapped in Osaka, Bossun loses his calm and is desperate to save her (it was pointed out by Switch).It certainly suggests that Bossun had feelings for her but remains oblivious towards it.Bossun traits matches his father but gradually he also marries Haru, his bestfriend. I dont think it all ended with such vague reply. After some years, he may have understood his feelings and gave Himeko an honest reply.
In manga chap 288, the airplane is shown during Himeko's monologue. I think Bossun will return to Japan and Himeko's monologue suggests that whatever may be his answer, she will accept it and move on.(she says that she can still smile and say its alright because together with Bossun who's always giving his all, their youth has always been there) i.e she cherishes their bonds and memories. Being away from her, Bossun perhaps realises and accepts Himeko and they'll be together.

I think yall will be VERY happy if I tell you this. So, a bit recently I found out Shinohara-sensei replied to a tweet of a frustrated fan. The fan asked many times about the Sket Dance ending and sensei was kind enough to even make an illustration about the future of the trio.

In the drawing, the trio are sitting together and they all look older. Himeko and Bossun sit next to each other and if you look closer, you'll see matching rings on both of their hands and I can safely assume those are engagement rings. I'm so happy and I'm gonna assume the do end up together at some point and get married :)
Sep 12, 2020 6:00 AM
Jan 2018
pabini said:
Puspithe said:
SKET Dance is the first manga I finished reading and it's totally a blast! LOVE IT!! The ending is so heartwarming (as always) and it is a good ending too; eventhough there's a little ego in my mind that hoping BossunxHimeko ship will sail, but it is okay. Shinohara-sensei did a great job with this series, and I hope I can meet him in person one day just to thank him about this series. For the characters, after a long 288 chapters, we can finnaly see them reaching for their futures. Tsubaki trying to be a doctor, Saaya still with her tsundere complex, Himeko trying to be a teacher, Bossun that amazed us with his decision, and Switch. Ugh, I think, after 288 chapters, Switch is that one character who grew the most. He became himself once again and finnaly trying to love someone else again!!! (Whooohoo!!!). I finished reading this manga two years ago, and I can't count how many times I have already reread it. Thank you, SKET Dance. Thank you, Shinohara Kento-sensei.
Kurosaki55555 said:
I read sket dance manga in my high schooldays so it is very close to my heart. It was one of the best manga i've ever read.
The scene where Switch speaks once again is very precious and the way bossun, himeko and Switch hugged each other crying brings tear to our eyes also.
Regarding the ending, i think Shinohara-san wants us to interpret it ourselves. Switch started speaking once again and he got together with Momoka.
We see in manga that Himeko confesses her love for bossun at the end but he is still vague in his response. I personally think this type of response was necessary since they have been always together.He didnt think of himeko that way so how can we expect him to change suddenly.
Bossun abruptly thinks of going abroad and reasons with Switch that he is still a kid and need to learn a lot inorder to help others.His time in foreign country will probably change him and he'll mature.We see that he is always unable to answer properly when it comes to love. But i think it is always hinted that he wants to give proper answer.In chapter 150, he says that someday he hopes to realise who he loves about whom he can be as passionate as onee san(Remi) as he reminisces about Himeko at school trip. Cyclops incident is introduced which points similarities between members of both club.Also cyclops and Umeko eventually ended up together.
When Himeko gets kidnapped in Osaka, Bossun loses his calm and is desperate to save her (it was pointed out by Switch).It certainly suggests that Bossun had feelings for her but remains oblivious towards it.Bossun traits matches his father but gradually he also marries Haru, his bestfriend. I dont think it all ended with such vague reply. After some years, he may have understood his feelings and gave Himeko an honest reply.
In manga chap 288, the airplane is shown during Himeko's monologue. I think Bossun will return to Japan and Himeko's monologue suggests that whatever may be his answer, she will accept it and move on.(she says that she can still smile and say its alright because together with Bossun who's always giving his all, their youth has always been there) i.e she cherishes their bonds and memories. Being away from her, Bossun perhaps realises and accepts Himeko and they'll be together.

I think yall will be VERY happy if I tell you this. So, a bit recently I found out Shinohara-sensei replied to a tweet of a frustrated fan. The fan asked many times about the Sket Dance ending and sensei was kind enough to even make an illustration about the future of the trio.

In the drawing, the trio are sitting together and they all look older. Himeko and Bossun sit next to each other and if you look closer, you'll see matching rings on both of their hands and I can safely assume those are engagement rings. I'm so happy and I'm gonna assume the do end up together at some point and get married :)

Thanks for quoting me. Its been years since I wrote here and I saw the illustration just now. Wholesome <3
Sep 27, 2020 1:58 AM
Sep 2020
bossun x himeko forever
Oct 30, 2020 9:59 PM
Jun 2016
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1792626 DUDE LOOK AT THE HANDS, BOSSUN X HIMEKO IS CANNON
Nov 22, 2020 11:37 AM
Nov 2020
It's a very good ending, and it's their time to face the reality.

Usui ending and speech is very satisfying and heartwarming, he is the most developed character of the series. I bet his brother is so proud of him. As a friend and a person he's so awesome that he would chase his bestfriend's wish till the ends of the earth, I hope Usui and Momoka would last long and be happy.
Usui's life headed as if he's the main character lmao.

I hope Bossun would face reality too that he can't go run around and go help everyone forever, real life problems are not that easy at all. But I wish him the best.
And i knew that he dodged that confession on purpose, he's not that dumb. And Himeko should've just described her feeling was so much more. He already feels strongly for Himeko but he keeps casting it aside for his father's dream. You'll have to confirm your feelings and goal from afar huh? Bossun your goal is to vague, you're headed to a disaster if you're not careful to your life decisions. It's the truth.

And I noticed at the last grown Himeko panel that she's still wearing the same choker that Bossun gave to her. Did they end up together after all? I mean like we're in the era of internet. But her monologue states that Himeko had to let him go and move on whatever his decision is. I mean cmon girl please be a little be stronger. "If you know what you want, you know what want" like how how you built your resolve to be a teacher, grow a spine and slam your feelings to that airhead to keep himself straight.
Yeah i have a reason to rant because I've invested my feelings too much for that ending, damn it.

Please Bossun I have faith in you. You have so much potential to be great man someday.

I kinda understand now why the former President don't like Bossun that much.. Oh maaan

Thank you Sket Dance you helped me alot too. I'll never forget this series.
Feb 6, 2021 7:05 AM

Jan 2019

OMG THE RIIIIINGS! Shinohara spoiling us lol. I'm surprised Himeko keeps dying her hair even after growing up.

I loved the ending! It's nice to see some of the guys' futures, like Tsubaki studying to become a doctor (he even has a Sket-dan T-shirt and wears glasses, I love that boy) or Switch and Momoka dating.

I would've liked a mutual confession like many, but I don't dislike what happened either. It was very bossun-like and knowing they still end up together in the end makes it a good direction.

I'll certainly miss SKET Dance and its unique characters, definitely one of the best manga I've read yet.
Dec 23, 2021 11:50 PM
Jun 2020
Bossing probably knew what himeko said but he didn't want her to cry and wanted her to be the same as always since they won't see each other for a long time
Mar 24, 2022 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
B]Volume 32[/b]

The new board director forgot to take his chill pills. High stakes for the finale and a fitting final task for Sket-dan and 3-C, in particular for Switch. My boy really got to shine, but first things first.

The rally reminded me so much of what we used to do in our summer camps. Our supervisors would dress up and set up checkpoints in the village, fun times and the nostalgia amplifed my enjoyment. It's also great how the mangaka highlighted individuality and helping out others as overarching themes. He tied things up really, really well overall.

Sket-dan did a great job till the end. I couldn't help but feel wistful when they retired, then Switch came with the knockout. A picture says more than a thousand words.

The fact that it was so effective proves how loveable these characters were. I think this scene in and of itself would've already made for an impactful final chapter.

Yet there's still more. Switch giving the graduation speech? It couldn't haven been more perfect xD I mentioned how things were tied up nicely, well, the speech and the graduation ceremony certainly drove the point home. This is what I love about shounen.

Even better than Bossun ruining Himeko's confession like an anti simp. Based, enjoy your cola hahaha. I swear this is such a funny detail. I could go on and on about how beautiful these chapters were. Honestly, pretty much all panels deserve a comment, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Strong conclusion to a hilarious school comedy will have to do.

9/10

Already missing this so much.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » SKET Dance Chapter 239 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2013

15 by Naggu_Horra »»
Feb 29, 10:59 AM

» What makes it good?

DDAndrew1789 - Dec 15, 2021

6 by Zizike »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Sket Dance Chapter 62 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jan 9, 2009

2 by Satan1234 »»
Aug 2, 2022 12:27 PM

Poll: » Sket Dance Chapter 68 Discussion

nehnehneji - Mar 25, 2009

6 by FMmatron »»
Mar 9, 2022 11:59 AM

Poll: » SKET Dance Chapter 286 Discussion

SilentTruth - Jun 21, 2013

15 by SpacemanSpiff357 »»
Feb 12, 2022 12:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.