Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 6, 2013 4:07 PM
Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What? EH?!?!?!
END?
Switch's speech was quite touching as expected. Especially when he bragged, "I have the most friends in this school" (It sounds so weird in English...)
THEN COMES THE SO CALLED CLOSURE BETWEEN BOSSUN AND HIMEKO.
RAGING RIGHT NOW.
Well, while being glad Bossun stayed his usual Bossun-self, at the same time I was a teeny bit disappointed that they ended it with Bossun being so dense (on purpose or not).
The closure between Momoka and Switch was subtle, but good enough.
Pretty cool ending with the whole SKET DANCE thing.
Oh, and CONGRATS to Remi and Chuuma sensei for their baby.

Sket Dance was quite an enjoyment. Well, that's one more thing disappearing from my life now D:
Looking forward to Shinohara's next work (make a special chapter or something).

So...when are they going to pick up the anime again? :D
shachikuakitaJul 6, 2013 4:12 PM
Jul 7, 2013 8:37 PM
Jun 2013
I really cant express how i feel now.

Im sad that Bossun left.
Im angry that Bossun just didnt get Himeko's meaning.
But im happy with all the rest of them (especially Switch's) ending

Gonna miss em.
Jul 8, 2013 10:29 AM

Jul 2011
so Switch accepted Momoka after all.
thank god.
and Bossun.. as always.
講廢話,被撞到.
Jul 9, 2013 7:17 PM

May 2011
Damn, I'm going to miss this awesome manga!
Jul 16, 2013 9:05 AM

Aug 2011
Aww, Bossun remains as dense as ever. >.<
I expected something like that from him, but it's still a bit of a let-down. Poor Himeko...

I want to see an epilogue chapter about what happened to other characters, as well.

*sigh* I'm going to miss Sket Dance.
Jul 17, 2013 12:03 AM

May 2012
im happy for switch and momoka BUT screw you bossun, you ruin the ending just when im hoping for something good, dont care if its in cliche way, just want to end it with himeko and bossun accepting their feelings each other.. T_T

cant understand my feeling my top fav manga is ending..
if this will be animated im gonna cry for sure T_T...

Jul 19, 2013 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
it better be animated!!!
the ending , i kinda already expected it
im still in shock that it ended
Bossun and Himeko moment was KAWAII\
sad tho that himeko will wait for bossun......SWITCH speech was pretty funny
lol Tsubaki in a lab coat <3
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jul 21, 2013 2:06 AM

Jun 2012
I've only read the raws for the last chapter. But damn, it made me teary. Huhuhuhu. Wishing for an epilogue.
Jul 23, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2012
I've only seen the raw, can anyone tell me whats going on? Like where Bossun is going?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jul 29, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2012
TonyC1994 said:
I've only seen the raw, can anyone tell me whats going on? Like where Bossun is going?

i read summary here while looking at the raws..

Aug 10, 2013 2:01 AM

Oct 2012
Read this in Chinese.

Gonna miss this manga, sigh. It was fun, SKET Dan.

Hoping a season 2 of the anime will come soon.
Feb 24, 2015 11:08 PM

Nov 2012
Recently ended final chapter. I really hate open endings. And i hate this ending in SKET Dance, after all... And I am very angry. Bossun is truly idiot.
But I'm happy for Switch and Momoka.

P.S. It is clear that Bossun also likes Himeko. Perhaps he realizes that he really feeling only after they are separated by a distance. Perhaps.
Feb 24, 2015 11:16 PM

Jan 2013
Akagi-kun said:
Recently ended final chapter. I really hate open endings. And i hate this ending in SKET Dance, after all... And I am very angry. Bossun is truly idiot.
But I'm happy for Switch and Momoka.

P.S. It is clear that Bossun also likes Himeko. Perhaps he realizes that he really feeling only after they are separated by a distance. Perhaps.
Yeah i was quite mad too :(

I also think that he likes her, but I don't think he knew that at that moment she was trying to tell him that. oblivious to the end qq
Mar 22, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
That confession scene was priceless.

Wow, just finished reading Sket Dance. I feel empty inside now. Very entertaining manga towards the end. 8/10. Switch's speech was fabulous.
Mar 22, 2015 4:19 PM

Jun 2014
Switch's speech was incredible. I kind of hated Bossun's confession, but I guess that was to be expected from him.
Mar 22, 2015 5:32 PM
Aug 2011
God dammit Bossun. You almost had it but you're an idiot...
That badly handled confession was probably the only downside to this chapter but the whole Switch speech was amazing.

I still love this manga though. The trio's friendship was just wonderful to follow all these years.
Mar 22, 2015 8:40 PM

Jun 2008
FINALLY they translated this chapter!

Goddamn, took almost a year from when it originally came out!

Good finally, a little bittersweet but still good.

It was a wacky manga, but there were some great moments, especially the final volume.
Mar 22, 2015 9:47 PM

Apr 2009
It is weird, I can't think of a manga that ran this long that has left me more satisfied with the ending. He really built up to this, slowly giving every major character some form of resolution. It feels good to look back and remember all the laughs it gave me over the years. I will look forward to Shinohara's next manga.
Mar 22, 2015 10:23 PM

Dec 2011
I somehow don't like the open ending... but Switch doing the speech was awesome. I really like the rite of passage to Tact too, Bossun giving his most treasured hat. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2015 12:02 AM

Aug 2010
Switch's speech was nice :3

Saaya was friggin HAWT! She's got every guy in her uni chasing after her lol

Tsunami wearing a Sket Dance T-shirt. So tsun XD

And YES my OTP came true! Good for u Usui <3

Himeko looking really fine now too :3

Gonna miss this ;_;
Mar 23, 2015 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
Now that I think about it, I do kinda wish Bossun had gotten the message... This is okay too though, it gets me thinking about what's next for them. :) They'll get there eventually.
wallaMar 23, 2015 1:13 AM
Mar 23, 2015 4:04 AM

Apr 2011
Momoka and Switch together that's nice

But seriously I would really love to see Himeko and Bossun together as well.

Well it seems that Bossun will be on the monk life.
Mar 23, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
Bossun said: "You are the one you helped me"

I dont get, What is he talking about? How Switch helped him?

4/5

Because Bossun and Himeko are not together :(
Mar 25, 2015 10:02 PM

Dec 2009
A very heart warming ending. I'm a sucked for graduations so I was really moved.

Too bad the whole HimekoxBossun thing didn't end in a more romantic finish, but it still worked. Funny.
Apr 6, 2015 8:34 PM

Jun 2014
Good Ending not the best. But good since Switch got the ending he deserved.

As for Bossun he'll be living like a bum.

And i liked how himeko said that she won't wait for him forever. Glad she made some peace with her unrequited love. And finally able to move on. She deserves someone much more than MC-kun
Apr 19, 2015 7:22 AM
Apr 2015
Wow. Loved the ending- it was unique in the way Bossun stayed so "bossun-like" and that he stayed true to his nature, even after 32 volumes. Also, not sure if i'm overthinking this, but in my understanding, Bossun and Himeko do get together, because the way Bossun basically left Himeko reminds me of the way a certain board director's [Cyclops'] story turned out. I dunno, I might be over-thinking this... Anyway, i still think that the story was absolute genius with its uniqueness and the way that the characters had a subtle, beautiful ending (especially Switch). 10/10 would read again
Apr 22, 2015 11:12 AM
Oct 2011
Okay so I read the last part and Himeko's narration during the timeskip does feel like it implies that she had to let go of Bossun. He always prioritized helping others over his non-existent love life and the final confession fail from Himeko finally made her let go of him.

I feel she made peace with the fact that she can't compete with Bossun's ever helpful nature of supporting others. I think it was very cleverly hinted/alluded to that Bossun was like a monk/celibate/chaste hero. Almost all the female characters said one of form of this one time or another.

Many might not like it but the ending for Bossun stayed true to his character.
Apr 27, 2015 8:03 AM
May 2009
I READ SKET DANCE

I Am All Happy and Emotional now .

What a good end though I wanted more of HIMEKO Chan and BOSSUN

We get that Saaya Chan accepted the relationship of HIMEKO Chan and Bossun but we didn't got any relationship

Status of Enigman and Quecchon .

We still don't know the Proper Relationship Status of SWITCH and Momoka Chan . Switch and Himeko Chan and Bossun looked around

20-21 years old . We didn't got to know when and how SWITCH accepted the feelings of Momoka Chan .

Most Important we Didn't got what Shinzou and Agata and Mimorin Chan and Daisy Chan and KIRI and Usami Chan are doing in life .

Chapter 286 Made me emotional . I was teary eyed . What a Magnificent experience of feelings Humour and Emotions

Chapter 287 was good with HIMEKO Chan and Bossun .

FINAL CHAPTER is another good one but left many things open too . we didn't saw what AKANE San and RUMI Chan are doing these days

we got no information about Tact and Silk and Smile . Overall I am Proud to have read THE SKET DANCE
latest manga raws/spoilers/covers/colour pictures updates at https://www.facebook.com/Manga.Utopia
May 8, 2015 2:15 PM
May 2015
i started watching anime 2 years ago, when i first saw 'sket dance'. it was the reason, i got interested in anime, so, ofcourse , its very dear to me. but i stared reading manga because of the same.
i started reading 'sket dance' manga coz i was deeply intrigued about 3 things basically:- (priority wise)
1)when will switch start to speak
2) bossun's relationship with his twin brother(tsubaki sasuke), how will it develope
3) whom with bossun will end up?{saaya/himeko(obviously i had no doubt that he'll of course not end up with roman)}
but now i kinda feel sad for him, coz seems like he'll probably end up alone.
May 11, 2015 12:27 AM

Nov 2014
I can't believe it actually ended. I've invested too much of my emotions in it, and have marathoned all the chapters following the anime's adaptation. I feel so lonely without sket dance now :(

And they had to make Bosun dense until the end didn't they :( ? When I first so his reaction to her confession I though "Eeehhh who acts like this!" and then he kept saying I love switch and all those other people :/ There is a limit to stupidity *sighs*

Switch speech <3

It's weird that the Mangaka said no many female audience were interested, I personally feel it is more female-ish taste, despite those Gesu jokes XD
May 16, 2015 4:29 PM

Apr 2011
FUCK EACH OTHER...I mean...well..great chapter! Sad to see this series end.

It was a fun marathon read.

~Bossun x Himeko forever~
May 26, 2015 11:27 PM

Jul 2014
crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
May 29, 2015 4:46 AM
May 2015
i think it has an extra chapter or an epilogue or whatever but i found this picture https://otakurepublic.com/product/doujinshi/sket_dance/product_page_199197.html
i think this is the really final chapter
Aug 25, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
Watched the anime a while back and just read the final chapter now, gotta say pretty disappointed by the end. A little too open for me, and I get that Bossun stuck to his character but their are certain situations where you have to not be a dense idiot and that confession was one of them. This really needs an epilogue chapter, like really bad.
Sep 8, 2015 5:28 PM
Oct 2013
Sad that it has ended. I really enjoyed the anime and Manga.
Oct 28, 2015 4:51 PM
Dec 2010
whywhywhywhywhywhwywhyyyyyyyyyyy
Jan 2, 2016 6:46 AM
Jan 2016
The chapter was really good i wish there is another chapter where the reunion is shown it would be soo good to know what road their paths lead to
Mar 29, 2016 8:09 PM
Mar 2016
Taito10 said:
Bossun said: "You are the one you helped me"

I dont get, What is he talking about? How Switch helped him?

4/5

Because Bossun and Himeko are not together :(

"why bossun said "you are the one you helped me"
i think
1. Switch became Third member Sket Dance, without him Chuu-san wont be supervisor teacher for Sket Dance and not enough member
2. After Bossun Help Switch, Bossun realize Helping People maybe isn't simple like that, especially trouble like Switch, like "So many people have a Problem, but that people maybe wont to helped"
Apr 3, 2016 12:07 PM
Mar 2016
such a great manga , really sad it ended and really happy at the same time

that bossun reaction in the end is priceless :D

really emotional ending for such an epic series
no doubt that's this one is one of the best manga i read or will read
May 29, 2016 9:52 AM

Mar 2016
Sad because the manga ending after reading this chapter. I want to die now.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Jun 27, 2016 12:36 AM
Apr 2016
"Eventually, time will pass. Memories will become pictures. Even though little by little, they gradually fade off from the album, i can still laugh and say it's allright. Because together with you, who's always giving your all, i can be certain that our youth has always been there... We'll be proud to say that."

These last words of tha manga made my eyes burst in tears and everytime i read them the result is the same. Sket dance is so innocent, so pure, made me feel so nostalgic about an age that is not gonna return again. And made me appreciate that the friends i still have from my school years are so valuable. Yes, this is so cliche, but who cares. It is also a big truth in life.

I loved sket dance, i appreciated it. This has a silver soul :D :D
Aug 10, 2016 12:59 PM
Aug 2016
Someone help me understand the japanese obsession with these diasporic endings.. it's like the main characters always have to split up and lose contact for severel years... the more they love each other the bigger the chance... i mean...

optional to read:
these are high schoolers so romances are statistically not going to last, i know i know, it;s possible... i got together with my so three months before se was leaving for a year to south america (i'm from belgium) and we are still together after four years... but still...

it was this way in: My little monster, sakurasau no pet, the manga about the peeping hole, etc...

What's wrong with staying in touch and using skype... i am upset that himeko didn;t get a real answer or never pushed it and told him her feelings were bigger... i mean i know everyone is like "it's shounen" or "japanese are prudes" so how many kids are leaving japan at the age of 18? i've met one exchange student and she wasn't that sociable...

sorry for rant but this the Xth author that stabs me like that.. i
Aug 21, 2016 6:37 AM
Sep 2014
Going through the manga after having watched the series--I think there's a slight implication in 191, where the director shows up, and it turns out, that in the end, Cyclops married Umeko, that, some time from now, Bossun and Himeko will wind up together.

However, there's also the fact that the one you loved madly in high school might be forgotten in a few years. (And maybe not, my brother and his high school girlfriend have been married for over 20 years).

But, I guess part of art is letting the viewer fill in the spaces, so I like to think, taking the above mentioned episode, that in the end, Himeko and Bossun stayed in touch and wound up together. :)
May 14, 2017 1:20 AM
Nov 2014
I have to say I just finished watching Sket Dance and scanned the manga just to get more closure, it was very well done.

Both the manga and the anime was well done. I love the characters. It's as if they were real people, with back stories and unique personalities. They are all loveable and memorable and I view them as my cute little children.

However, I have to comment on Himeko and Bossun's relationship. It bothers me greatly because despite everyone saying that they both love each other, I think it's a one sided love. Bossun shows attraction and interest in other girls but never shows romantic interests in Himeko.

I will admit, when I first watched the show, I thought that He loved her based on his subtle behaviors towards Himeko and I thought HImeko was the one that didn't like him. But as the story progressed, I saw that Bossun is just really friendly, has the tendancy to like girls that are really cute or curvy and it's always a physical attraction not love. As for the confession at the end, I doubt that Bossun is really that dense. He just seems really emotionally unavailable. Almost as if Being serious with a girl is frightening to him. I admire Himeko that she is strong and loves herself enough to not wait for Bossun to fall for Her. Based on the ending, I don't think they'll ever get together but they will always cherish the bond and the memories shared. Sometimes life is like that. We don't always have requited love, we don't always get to have things go our way and we may not end up with the one we love but we move on and still cherish the past for what it is.

Great show/manga!
Jun 28, 2017 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf Bossun!
It ended, I'm crying!
Dec 26, 2017 3:43 AM
Jul 2016
SKET Dance is the first manga I finished reading and it's totally a blast! LOVE IT!! The ending is so heartwarming (as always) and it is a good ending too; eventhough there's a little ego in my mind that hoping BossunxHimeko ship will sail, but it is okay. Shinohara-sensei did a great job with this series, and I hope I can meet him in person one day just to thank him about this series. For the characters, after a long 288 chapters, we can finnaly see them reaching for their futures. Tsubaki trying to be a doctor, Saaya still with her tsundere complex, Himeko trying to be a teacher, Bossun that amazed us with his decision, and Switch. Ugh, I think, after 288 chapters, Switch is that one character who grew the most. He became himself once again and finnaly trying to love someone else again!!! (Whooohoo!!!). I finished reading this manga two years ago, and I can't count how many times I have already reread it. Thank you, SKET Dance. Thank you, Shinohara Kento-sensei.
Jan 26, 2018 12:21 AM
Jan 2018
I read sket dance manga in my high schooldays so it is very close to my heart. It was one of the best manga i've ever read.
The scene where Switch speaks once again is very precious and the way bossun, himeko and Switch hugged each other crying brings tear to our eyes also.
Regarding the ending, i think Shinohara-san wants us to interpret it ourselves. Switch started speaking once again and he got together with Momoka.
We see in manga that Himeko confesses her love for bossun at the end but he is still vague in his response. I personally think this type of response was necessary since they have been always together.He didnt think of himeko that way so how can we expect him to change suddenly.
Bossun abruptly thinks of going abroad and reasons with Switch that he is still a kid and need to learn a lot inorder to help others.His time in foreign country will probably change him and he'll mature.We see that he is always unable to answer properly when it comes to love. But i think it is always hinted that he wants to give proper answer.In chapter 150, he says that someday he hopes to realise who he loves about whom he can be as passionate as onee san(Remi) as he reminisces about Himeko at school trip. Cyclops incident is introduced which points similarities between members of both club.Also cyclops and Umeko eventually ended up together.
When Himeko gets kidnapped in Osaka, Bossun loses his calm and is desperate to save her (it was pointed out by Switch).It certainly suggests that Bossun had feelings for her but remains oblivious towards it.Bossun traits matches his father but gradually he also marries Haru, his bestfriend. I dont think it all ended with such vague reply. After some years, he may have understood his feelings and gave Himeko an honest reply.
In manga chap 288, the airplane is shown during Himeko's monologue. I think Bossun will return to Japan and Himeko's monologue suggests that whatever may be his answer, she will accept it and move on.(she says that she can still smile and say its alright because together with Bossun who's always giving his all, their youth has always been there) i.e she cherishes their bonds and memories. Being away from her, Bossun perhaps realises and accepts Himeko and they'll be together.
Valkyrie69Jan 26, 2018 2:39 AM
Jan 26, 2018 11:26 PM
Jan 2018
scottro11 said:
Going through the manga after having watched the series--I think there's a slight implication in 191, where the director shows up, and it turns out, that in the end, Cyclops married Umeko, that, some time from now, Bossun and Himeko will wind up together.

However, there's also the fact that the one you loved madly in high school might be forgotten in a few years. (And maybe not, my brother and his high school girlfriend have been married for over 20 years).

But, I guess part of art is letting the viewer fill in the spaces, so I like to think, taking the above mentioned episode, that in the end, Himeko and Bossun stayed in touch and wound up together. :)

Yeah i think you are right because Umeko says to Cyclops,"Your wife came just to pick you up and that's the first thing you say".(chapter 195)
Isnt this looks like that Shinohara sensei wants us know that they ended up together.Also "wife" part looks kinda forced here.
Bossun will have to give proper answer to Saaya as well though she decides to give up.Himeko was not just madly in love with Bossun that she will forget him. Their relationship had a deeper meaning.
What do you think?
Feb 4, 2018 1:49 AM
Jul 2009
Kurosaki55555 said:

What do you think?

That they moved on. The last scene seems to take place years after their separation and he doesn't even looks like he wants to go back any time soon. No way he has feelings for her. She probably moved on too anyway. She did say she would not wait for him forever.
Mar 13, 2018 10:39 PM
Mar 2018
BOSSUHIMEEEEEEEE

YEEEEEETTTT
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SKET Dance Chapter 239 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2013

15 by Naggu_Horra »»
Feb 29, 10:59 AM

» What makes it good?

DDAndrew1789 - Dec 15, 2021

6 by Zizike »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Sket Dance Chapter 62 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jan 9, 2009

2 by Satan1234 »»
Aug 2, 2022 12:27 PM

Poll: » Sket Dance Chapter 68 Discussion

nehnehneji - Mar 25, 2009

6 by FMmatron »»
Mar 9, 2022 11:59 AM

Poll: » SKET Dance Chapter 286 Discussion

SilentTruth - Jun 21, 2013

15 by SpacemanSpiff357 »»
Feb 12, 2022 12:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.