3It was OK
18.6%
2Disliked it
7.5%
1Hated it
6.7%
Average 3.9
345 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was great, got a lot of good laughs XD

Dat face:

Staff somewhat reminds me of Sakura's from Cardcaptor. Oh poor Shirou, he walked in on the wrong fucking time lol. Oh and the transformation scene was cool. Nice outfit!

Nice episode, I'll keep watching this.
Jul 6, 2013 8:27 AM

Jul 2010
Based Shirou walking in at the wrong times.

Happy to see Ilya-chan again.
Jul 6, 2013 10:07 AM
Oct 2010
Is it me or does there seem to be a very contrasting age difference between the "main" characters? It makes everything kinda weird tbh. It was animated nicely though and the opening was pretty cool, liked the parts with saber,rider,caster and berserker.

Also haha the wands bailed on rin and luvia.
GD1551Jul 6, 2013 10:22 AM
Jul 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
fuck yeah....

Illya is love
Jul 6, 2013 11:26 AM

Feb 2009
Did they intentionally cast the seiyuus of Kohaku and Hisui for Ruby and Sapphire? Coz it's a good move really. Fitting too because Ruby is as big a troll as Kohaku and Sapphire is as quiet and subdued as Hisui.

Still not used to Shirou's look here. That hair is just so messed up. He's not the SnM version so I can understand I guess.
Luvia finally got animated. So happy. I can't die yet though until I've read Ataraxia and the Tsukihime remake. And see HF animated. Her boobs seem a bit bigger but whatever.
Rin looks a bit chubby especially on the hips but otherwise is fine. How I missed her.
And Illya in all her loli goodness. The maids as well look great.

There seems to be some decent budget for this as the OP looks good and the fight between Rin and Luvia was done well. They took a while in the bathroom parts but they probably just want to stretch it to cover only the first chapter. Otherwise it was done well. I look forward to all those fights in the OP. And Miyu too.

It's kind of bittersweet though to see Saber Alter getting animated here outside of HF. While Carnival Phantasm did feature Alter first, this is the first time we'll see the dark armor version animated. It's complicated really...

inb4 loli fanservice dropped
inb4 shit sucks
inb4 secondaries asking tons of questions
belatkuroJul 6, 2013 11:31 AM
Jul 6, 2013 11:53 AM

Mar 2012
wow illya is so cute!
But wow, I'm glad tohsaka is still a Mage . I hope she lives with illya and plays a major role since toys aka is my favorite character.
oh well, definitely going to watch as illya and tohsaka are so moe!
Jul 6, 2013 2:19 PM
Feb 2011
OP for everyone

Jul 6, 2013 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
It will be very weird to see Ilya fighting Berserker animated.It felt like that in the manga it will be even weirder in the anime.
Jul 6, 2013 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:

inb4 loli fanservice dropped
inb4 shit sucks
inb4 secondaries asking tons of questions

Haha. I've already seen these kinds of remarks floating around the web.

Ahhh...The scene in the opening with the beam looks like they are trying to use Divine Buster XD
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 6, 2013 5:10 PM

Dec 2009
Did Irisviel appear on this episode?
Jul 6, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2009
Linkark07 said:
Did Irisviel appear on this episode?
Jul 6, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2011
Can someone break Ruby in half please... She talked too much in this episode
Although I do agree with her that mahou shoujo are only good on loli.
Jul 6, 2013 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
Shih said:

Takamachi Nanoha would like a word with you, my friend.

Jul 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2009
CreationBreaker said:
Shih said:

+1.

Unlike you, lolipedophiles, I think that Nanoha was even better than she got older
Jul 6, 2013 11:45 PM

Nov 2009
I don't really know how I feel about this yet.

I love Ilya, but I didn't expect it to be this magical girlish.
Jul 7, 2013 12:26 AM
Sep 2012
I laughed so much in this episode. The mahou shoujo stuff were pretty funny and the parts teasing us with a naked Ilya had me thinking that I was watching some loli magical girl hentai.

Never seen the original series that this show spun-off from, but I'm glad that I didn't skip this. I really should watch Fate/stay Night when I have the chance.

Loved the Stylips ED too.
Jul 7, 2013 1:18 AM

Apr 2010
Jul 7, 2013 2:04 AM

May 2012
Badly drawn eyes.

OHOHOHOHO

Luviasama <3<3

Oniichan no baka!

Dat hadaka henshin.

Suteki ja nai no sutekki.

Well, it's better than other MaShou's.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 7, 2013 2:08 AM

Sep 2009
AiCon said:
I laughed so much in this episode. The mahou shoujo stuff were pretty funny and the parts teasing us with a naked Ilya had me thinking that I was watching some loli magical girl hentai.

Never seen the original series that this show spun-off from, but I'm glad that I didn't skip this. I really should watch Fate/stay Night when I have the chance.

Don't watch FSN. It's shit. Better read the VN
Jul 7, 2013 2:16 AM

Jun 2009
Not overly crazy for it, but I didn't find anything to really hate either. I think the most, well, off-putting thing about this was how different the character designs are from what I'm used to. Especially Shirou. I don't know if that is because of the different production studios or if this was how the manga was drawn but, well, I'll get over it. Also, it's probably because of the seiyuu's age, but I noticed returning characters like Rin, Shirou, and Ilya sound different now. Still, I'm pretty sure they are the same voice actors.

Anyway, it's nice to see Ilya with a pretty good family situation for once. Considering the different background for her and, I guess, Shirou I may as well just more or less consider them different characters.....you know, since their backgrounds pretty much defined them in the main franchise.

I'm just glad to have Rin back, really.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2013 2:19 AM

Apr 2013
Best class for a servant, Mahou Shoujo.
Jul 7, 2013 4:12 AM

Jun 2011
God damn it i hate pre-airs so much they are such a worthless thing. All they do is air something 1 week early (though sometimes i swear they move the actual air date 1 week later because of the pre-air itself) in horrible quality that most people can not stomach and then you have to wait a whole other week till you can actually watch it when it is properly aired. It is even worse right when the new season is starting since you want to watch that first episode then you find out it is a shitty pre-air.

I would not mind if there was never a pre-air and it still started real airing next week since i would be like "oh hey Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya starts next week, but now i am stuck with the mentality of it starts next week properly but i could watch this shitty version now but i wont because it is blurry and pixely and ruins the enjoyment. So all pre-airs to most is just a 1 week poke you with a stick tease, is it that hard to stream in 720p in this day and age?
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 7, 2013 4:17 AM

Aug 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
AiCon said:

Don't watch FSN. It's shit. Better read the VN
+ ∞
insan3soldiern said:
Not overly crazy for it, but I didn't find anything to really hate either. I think the most, well, off-putting thing about this was how different the character designs are from what I'm used to. Especially Shirou. I don't know if that is because of the different production studios or if this was how the manga was drawn but, well, I'll get over it. Also, it's probably because of the seiyuu's age, but I noticed returning characters like Rin, Shirou, and Ilya sound different now. Still, I'm pretty sure they are the same voice actors.

Anyway, it's nice to see Ilya with a pretty good family situation for once. Considering the different background for her and, I guess, Shirou I may as well just more or less consider them different characters.....you know, since their backgrounds pretty much defined them in the main franchise.

I'm just glad to have Rin back, really.
Actually their alternate lives matter here

And no Shirou's hair arent that bad in the manga but that
Jul 7, 2013 4:29 AM

May 2010
Ilya is too cute to pass on this show :D

5/5 great episode and its funny too
KerozinnJul 7, 2013 4:48 AM
Jul 7, 2013 4:31 AM

Sep 2012
Nice start. Hoping this is going to be as great as the manga now. A pity that isn't going to adapt to the third part.
Jul 7, 2013 4:38 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
-snip-
Let's keep the discussion within the first series and the episode. As much as we both want to see the characters in 2wei(and 3rei), this is the anime adaptation of the first series only. Get hyped first to see Illya and Miyu in action against the Servants.
Also, glad you're using batoto for images now ;)
Jul 7, 2013 4:38 AM

Aug 2009
Arlia said:
Nice start. Hoping this is going to be as great as the manga now. A pity that isn't going to adapt to the third part.

It is Fate/.
It is 100% loli Ilya.
It is Mahou Shoujo.
It is Japan.
It WILL sell.
They will adapt all parts eventually.
Jul 7, 2013 4:44 AM

Sep 2010
I can't wait for Waver and my waifu Irisviel to show up. :3 AND SABER.
Jul 7, 2013 6:37 AM

Apr 2010
Have completed two manga of this anime already currently reading the third and was looking forward to this anime.
So far i am not disappointed.
Only complaint i got is that i didn't get to see the transformation scene of Rin and Luvia but i guess we have to look forward to other fan service with them.
Also have to say it's nice to see Ilya and Rin again with there new friends.
Jul 7, 2013 6:51 AM
Jun 2008
Dammit, another Mahou shoujo loli Anime ..
I wonder why Mahou Shoujo must be always girls. Can't it be Mahou shounen for once ?

That Magic stick voiced by Dekomori .It will be very nice if she would said "Death" as Gobi xD
MorningGloryJul 7, 2013 6:55 AM
Jul 7, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2012
a very cute and funny first episode! haven't read the manga but since it's the fate series i can't go wrong with this one.

MorningGlory said:
Can't it be Mahou shounen for once ?

like this?
Jul 7, 2013 7:08 AM

Feb 2009
MorningGlory said:
That Magic stick voiced by Dekomori .It will be very nice if she would said "Death" as Gobi xD
What? No.
Ruby and Sapphire are voiced by Takano Naoko and Matsuki Miyu, who voiced Kohaku and Hisui from the Melty Blood games and Carnival Phantasm.
Dekomori is voiced by Uesaka Sumire.
Jul 7, 2013 7:14 AM
Jun 2008
belatkuro said:
MorningGlory said:
What? No.
Ruby and Sapphire are voiced by Takano Naoko and Matsuki Miyu, who voiced Kohaku and Hisui from the Melty Blood games and Carnival Phantasm.
Dekomori is voiced by Uesaka Sumire.
Oh, didn't notice that, but the voice sound sooooo similar ~~
I can't even tell the difference if Dekomori is voice under Matsuki Miyu.
Jul 7, 2013 7:20 AM

Aug 2009
MorningGlory said:
I wonder why Mahou Shoujo must be always girls. Can't it be Mahou shounen for once?

Eh did you watch it without seeing the PVs,image in the anime page,read summary or even read the title?
Jul 7, 2013 7:23 AM
Jun 2008
ssjokg said:
MorningGlory said:
I wonder why Mahou Shoujo must be always girls. Can't it be Mahou shounen for once?

Eh did you watch it without seeing the PVs,image in the anime page,read summary or even read the title?
Nope, I did not read summary or whatsoever .No point reading something that might not live up to the description's expectation.
I just watch because its a new Anime of the season.
Jul 7, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
MorningGlory said:
Can't it be Mahou shounen for once?
You already have Koreha Zombie Desuka for that. Now you can take off and let us enjoy "another Mahou Shoujo loli Anime" LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 7, 2013 7:30 AM
Jun 2008
symbv said:
MorningGlory said:
You already have Koreha Zombie Desuka for that. Now you can take off and let us enjoy "another Mahou Shoujo loli Anime" LOL LOL
The mahou shounen in Kore Zombie is a joke, a parody -_-"
I will still watch this but I am just wondering why this season has so many loli Anime. Its like a loli festival, or maybe Lolicon festival ..
Jul 7, 2013 7:36 AM

Aug 2009
MorningGlory said:
ssjokg said:
MorningGlory said:

Nope, I did not read summary or whatsoever .No point reading something that might not live up to the description's expectation.
I just watch because its a new Anime of the season.
Facepalm.And then you complain about the content?Makes sense...

MorningGlory said:
symbv said:
MorningGlory said:
I will still watch this but I am just wondering why this season has so many loli Anime. Its like a loli festival, or maybe Lolicon festival ..

Why cant it have more loli(assuming that there are since I have no idea what airs except this,rozen maiden and monogatari 2nd)?
Jul 7, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
MorningGlory said:
symbv said:
MorningGlory said:
Well, joke or parody or whatever, IT IS about mahou shounen FOR ONCE, right? So it satisfies your demand...

MorningGlory said:
Because fans in Japan love it. I also love it. Would have been much less likely to watch this show if it is about mahou shounen - I am man enough to admit I have the bias LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 7, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
CreationBreaker said:
Shih said:

+1.

Unlike you, lolipedophiles, I think that Nanoha was even better than she got older

lolicon here and i say i like adult Fate more

ssjokg said:
Arlia said:

It is Fate/.
It is 100% loli Ilya.
It is Mahou Shoujo.
It is Japan.
It WILL sell.

yup
more seasons mean more of dem moneyz
Jul 7, 2013 8:06 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Arlia said:

It is Fate/.
It is 100% loli Ilya.
It is Mahou Shoujo.
It is Japan.
It WILL sell.

I can only hope. The manga is becoming more and more amazing, it'd be so great if the adaptation gets a second and third season.
Jul 7, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
Ugh..this was only the preview of the first ep meaning we aren't going to get episode 2 for another 2 weeks or so.... -_-

Pisses me off that they skipped the part where Luvia and Rin broke the fall leaving Ruby and Sapphire disappointed....

Brigandi said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
CreationBreaker said:
Shih said:

+1.

lolicon here and i say i like adult Fate more

Bitch, please. Using Vivid art to demonstrate beauty? Fail.
FORCE (25YO) Hayate is so much better. Replacing that beret with longer hair was the best character design choice in Nanoha so far.

Jul 7, 2013 8:27 AM
Jun 2008
ssjokg said:

I didn't complaint on the content.
I complaint on the mass production of Loli mahou shoujo in this season.
I also make suggestion on magical boy... Okay,the suggestion seems to be pointless since there are more lolicon than shotakon in this world .

Last time Sailormoon use to be the best mahou shoujo and now most future mahou shoujo become lolis ...
Jul 7, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
MorningGlory said:
Last time Sailormoon use to be the best mahou shoujo and now most future mahou shoujo become lolis ...
That is because back in the old days, before Sailor Moon, mahou shoujo were often lolis. So it is just a kind of tradition.

Jul 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Aug 2009
MorningGlory said:
ssjokg said:

I didn't complaint on the content.
I complaint on the mass production of Loli mahou shoujo in this season.
I also make suggestion on magical boy... Okay,the suggestion seems to be pointless since there are more lolicon than shotakon in this world .

yeah because the difference between grade schoolers and junior high schoolers is very big....
Jul 7, 2013 8:57 AM

Feb 2009
CreationBreaker said:
Ugh..this was only the preview of the first ep meaning we aren't going to get episode 2 for another 2 weeks or so.... -_-
I believe this is airing in NicoNico weekly. Meaning we'll get an LQ ep2 on top of ep1 airing on TV next weekend.
Jul 7, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2011
CreationBreaker said:
FORCE (25YO) Hayate is so much better. Replacing that beret with longer hair was the best character design choice in Nanoha so far.

i was posting the 1st pic adult Fate pic i find....
no need to be fucking uptight and overzealous... and i said "I like Fate more" not "Fate is the best" so i dont need a god damn explanation of why "your favorite character" is the best.
and here StrikerS pics instead of Vivid... better now?

Brigs77Jul 7, 2013 9:28 AM
Jul 7, 2013 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
I've been waiting for the manga to be animated for so long and it's finally here! Yes!

Ruby is one perverted one. Making Ilya have a instant nosebleed is damn funny. And her transformation is gold.
Jul 7, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2008
I never thought I'd see the day when the Fate franchise would have magical girls outside of it's own parodies (like Kaleido Ruby) as an official series.

But I'm always glad to see all my favourite characters on screen again. And for the first time; Luvia!!!!

Since when did Taiga teach at the elementary school section?
Jul 7, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
CreationBreaker said:
I believe this is airing in NicoNico weekly. Meaning we'll get an LQ ep2 on top of ep1 airing on TV next weekend.

Huh...then when are we getting the normal SQ eps? I thought that it would be that this was the preview and then the series would air normally afterwards.

Brigandi said:
CreationBreaker said:

i was posting the 1st pic adult Fate pic i find....
no need to be fucking uptight and overzealous... and i said "I like Fate more" not "Fate is the best" so i dont need a god damn explanation of why "your favorite character" is the best.
and here StrikerS pics instead of Vivid... better now?

Calm down, I was just being a little playful here (although I may have come off as a bit jackass-like). We can all have our opinions....

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.