Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2009 9:38 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yes We Can!
Shana-tan MOE~

I think i hurt my stomach laughing, LoL

This episode reminds me of H2O Footprints in the Sand Ep 8 Hydrogen Oxide Footprints In The Snow.
Jan 15, 2009 10:10 AM

Sep 2008
How did you see this Episode I thought Index aired on Saturday?
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Jan 15, 2009 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was weird.. at least they didn't make a full episode for loli fapservice but went on with another arc. Some characters felt extremely out-of-character.

@Mario1-7
It seems like AT-X had one week shorter winter break, because their Thursday airing is now earlier than MBS' Saturday airing. So for it's second half Index can be considered as a Thursday show (but Eclipse said, they won't release with AT-X raws, so subs won't come earlier than sunday)
Jan 15, 2009 3:05 PM

Aug 2007
I just want to know, I've had a look at the latest chapter of the manga and Touma just finished beating up Accelerator.... does that mean that the rest of the series is going to be a filler ending?

Or has more been produced already but it's only up to the Accelerator part which has been translated?
Jan 15, 2009 3:14 PM

Feb 2008
MRLX69 said:
I just want to know, I've had a look at the latest chapter of the manga and Touma just finished beating up Accelerator.... does that mean that the rest of the series is going to be a filler ending?

Or has more been produced already but it's only up to the Accelerator part which has been translated?

It's based on the light novels, so there should be a lot of story left. I don't know how much, though, since I haven't read them yet.

Also, this episode was really strange. Although I have to admit, that it was quite funny at times. :D
Jan 16, 2009 4:15 AM
Apr 2008
I think this is an OK episode, although I find it a bit weird to have most the supporting characters as someone else. At first I thought this is meant to be a trick, but is this done by magic?

EusthEnoptEron said:
MRLX69 said:

It's based on the light novels, so there should be a lot of story left. I don't know how much, though, since I haven't read them yet.

Looking at how the story goes, I think the show will probably end at the 5th novel. The last few episodes cover the span of the 3rd novel, which talks about the Accelerator. So we are now at the beginning of the 4th. Not to mention the comedy of this episode is part of the mystery.

But, why is Stiyl part of the comedy as well?
Jan 16, 2009 7:27 AM

Jan 2008
wait, this comedy was part of the light novel?
Jan 16, 2009 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
yea i think so
Jan 17, 2009 4:04 PM

Sep 2008
very strange episode indeed.
Jan 17, 2009 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
Misaka service !!!!!!!

and the blondie dropped a bomb....

funny how something so funny became a mystery all in 1 episode
Jan 17, 2009 9:11 PM
Oct 2007
Interesting. I wonder if it's his dad or his mom who casted this major spell.

The "Yes We Can!" was awesome, best part in the chaos.
Jan 17, 2009 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
Shana-tan, yes we can, index watching private channel.. and the last time I heard about the sephyrote tree was in Tales of the Abyss..

still, why do I feel like dropping it?
Jan 17, 2009 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
This was a weird ep, I didn't really find it funny. and I didn't understand any of their conversation in the end.
Jan 17, 2009 9:54 PM

Sep 2008
Kvakond said:
Shana-tan, yes we can, index watching private channel.. and the last time I heard about the sephyrote tree was in Tales of the Abyss..

still, why do I feel like dropping it?

slow plot development? well not completely slow, more like rushed.
iernno, i feel like reading its light novel instead of watching it. but too lazy to go look for it.
sigh...that just reminded me something completely off topic. why the heck is the volume10 haruhi light novel not out yet?
Jan 17, 2009 10:03 PM

Sep 2007
Russian magician ftw.

I'm gonna be honest, I thought this was a dream sequence for sure. Kudos to the writers for making it an actual event.

Although, honestly, wtf. Why can't Touma change everyone back by touching them?
Jan 17, 2009 10:06 PM
Oct 2007
naikou said:

I believe he has to touch the actual source that's causing the commotion, the "Distortion" or whatever.
Jan 17, 2009 10:12 PM

Sep 2008
naikou said:
Russian magician ftw.

I'm gonna be honest, I thought this was a dream sequence for sure. Kudos to the writers for making it an actual event.

im going to the direction that its an area of effect type of move, changing everything within the area (whether small or world-scale) but with touma's imagine breaker, he has a sort of barrier that prevented the change to affect him, leaving himself aware of the sudden change in surrounding.

an assumption that i can say (cause i have no clue what the heck the convo near the end was)
the necessarius magicians have their own barrier to prevent this change, meaning that the culprit for this change is a magician

well theres two people who broke my line of sense in figuring things out.
the red haired magician (broke the previous statement assumption because he did not have the said barrier)
touma's dad (may or may not be his true dad, but a stranger. since touma doesnt remember what he looks like)

1 person who broke my line of sense in general, the new yellow haired magician.
Jan 17, 2009 11:36 PM
Apr 2008
atruong18 said:
the red haired magician (broke the previous statement assumption because he did not have the said barrier)
touma's dad (may or may not be his true dad, but a stranger. since touma doesnt remember what he looks like)

As for why Stiyl the Innocentius magician is affected I thinking of 2 possibilities:

1) this may not be the switching of bodies, but rather a change in the appearance of the original personality to someone else, in this case the form of someone else.
2) Whoever the magician is have casted the spell to a large number of people. The 3 magicians are not part of this large group & thus are unaffected.

If both theories are false then I guess the "barrier" you mentioned might be the case.

& couldn't agree more with the suspicion of Touma's "dad". He looks normal enough to me.
Jan 17, 2009 11:43 PM

Sep 2008
darkxdestiny said:
atruong18 said:

As for why Stiyl the Innocentius magician is affected I thinking of 2 possibilities:

1) this may not be the switching of bodies, but rather a change in the appearance of the original personality to someone else, in this case the form of someone else.
2) Whoever the magician is have casted the spell to a large number of people. The 3 magicians are not part of this large group & thus are unaffected.

If both theories are false then I guess the "barrier" you mentioned might be the case.

& couldn't agree more with the suspicion of Touma's "dad". He looks normal enough to me.

well your theories are plausible. since touma's sister has a cellphone picture of her true form.
only way to completely be sure is wait for the subs for the ep, lol.

also, the humorous theory is that after this is over, everyone returns to their original forms, still have memories of what happened earlier. including touma acting insane to index, parents, etc.
that...or he winds up in the hospital with the same doctor again. what is this, a running theme to end an arc?
Jan 18, 2009 1:51 AM

Nov 2007
Now that ... O_O was weird ... lmao xD, not too bad though seeing people acting as they were with the change in personalities and what not, ha ha Index is his mom and person who replaced index is a guy xD, loli teacher is a reporter and his friend is a member of Necessarius, what next :3?
Jan 18, 2009 2:39 AM
Apr 2008
at first i thought probably touma was having a dream but, i was wrong XD and now i wonder who's behind all these o.o
Jan 18, 2009 3:09 AM

Apr 2008
Yes we can!~
Weird ep overall. Didn't realy like it. Hope the next one is more exciting!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jan 18, 2009 3:59 AM

Aug 2008
Weird and... disturbing. Especially manly Index in... swimsuit... ok so who's gonna say now that Index is moe?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 18, 2009 4:08 AM

Jul 2008
Boring episode ..

This series is also just going backwards in my opinion. The first few episodes were great and I used to rank this series an 8, but it's already gotten down to a 6 with this episode. Shame ..
Jan 18, 2009 7:33 AM

Oct 2007
AznSensation said:
at first i thought probably touma was having a dream

I laughted till i almost cryed xD I thought oh man when will he wake up from this dream^^
Looked like an comon nightmare because of stress to meet hei parents to me xD

But now, i'm curious waiting for the next episode ;D
Jan 18, 2009 1:25 PM
Feb 2008

Jan 18, 2009 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
That was ridiculous, you can't just stick in new characters during confusion like that, and then have them try to explain away what's happening. I don't even know what I saw for that whole 20 or so minutes.
Jan 18, 2009 1:58 PM

Sep 2008
Lexington said:

you missed the fact that after he lost his memories, while he and index were going out (ep 07), touma meets up with his previous two friends coincidentally, right before heading to the restaurant to meet aisa.
this is the episode right after touma losing his memories, and when
so he did meet his friends already and later learned about their identities after.
to further this, i went and watched ep10, and maika mentioned about her brother, so touma does indeed know that her brother is his friend, tsuchimikado.

and to further that, all touma said was 'tsuchimikado' and not the first name.
either this 'maika' assumed he was refering as 'tsuchimikado maika'
or its a translation error by the sub group.

another note: from what i can hear. the way the character speaks sounds more similar to the brother than the sister. so im going towards a misstranslation. ok i changed my mind about that. cause its strange for a boy to say 'nyaa' lol. still say its a misstranslation though. i mean, "40, 9, 30, 7. add up to 84." dont think the anime could mess up adding that badly o.o

well anyways, it gave me more respect for the guy now. hes not just some random side character.
atruong18Jan 18, 2009 2:19 PM
Jan 18, 2009 2:02 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
That was ridiculous, you can't just stick in new characters during confusion like that, and then have them try to explain away what's happening. I don't even know what I saw for that whole 20 or so minutes.

i don't know, that may have been the plan anyways just to spice it up a bit.

so let me get this straight...people's personalities are native, but their bodies are not.

rather ironic that his hand would save him from this spell but put him in a situation where hes liable to be hated by everyone. hhaha.

imagine treating your mother like a loli hehe.
Jan 18, 2009 3:28 PM

Oct 2007
LOL XD this episode was just damn funny
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2009 4:44 PM

Oct 2008
I was ROFL when touma started yelling at his "mom"and "sister" that was soo laughable xD

Jan 18, 2009 9:07 PM

Jul 2008
Funny episode, I liked the presidential switch the most.

Btw, Index was =O

Jan 18, 2009 9:08 PM

Sep 2008
Angelofspawn said:
I was ROFL when touma started yelling at his "mom"and "sister" that was soo laughable xD

i started laughing when i saw this thing. just love touma's expression
Jan 18, 2009 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
atruong18 said:
... right before heading to the restaurant to meet aisa.
Who is conspicuously missing from this episode. Well, true, we've barely seen her at all since her arc. But I wonder who she is now?

BTW, it's the 'dad.' Has to be.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jan 18, 2009 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
JadeMatrix said:

BTW, it's the 'dad.' Has to be.

which brings up to the next topic, touma believes that he is his 'dad'
so if its a fake, wouldnt that mean that someone would be suspicious about him forgetting what his real dad looks like? aka, finding out he lost his memories.

anyhow, the dad is odd (whats with the pen) and a very obvious suspect.
if its really him, then the story is TOO obvious and wont have the plot twist/shocking element in the story when we find out who the culprit is.

and why do i keep on getting the feeling the arc will end up with touma in the hospital bed again?
seriously though, 3 arcs so far, running theme: new arc, new character, fighting or something that involves right hand, gets sent to hospital, gets bitten to death by index.
Jan 18, 2009 10:59 PM

Jan 2008
at first ...

@atruong18 ... where else should he end up xD xD xD
and jep since hte dad is the only unknown person around him who doesnt
change it isnt rly hard to come up with whats going on ^^

but ... why must index change like that its scary ^^
and whats this lil sis in all that ?
well whatever the most important thing in this episode is ....
KANZAKI IS BACK YAAAAY ♥♥Kanzaki♥♥ *sigh*

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 19, 2009 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
One of the best episodes so far. I rofled hard "Shana-tan is so moe" ^_^ Absolutely hilarious and awesome episode. And the plot progressed too
Jan 19, 2009 3:32 AM

Aug 2007

another note: from what i can hear. the way the character speaks sounds more similar to the brother than the sister. so im going towards a misstranslation. ok i changed my mind about that. cause its strange for a boy to say 'nyaa' lol. still say its a misstranslation though. i mean, "40, 9, 30, 7. add up to 84." dont think the anime could mess up adding that badly o.o

well anyways, it gave me more respect for the guy now. hes not just some random side character.

40, 9, 30, and 7 is 84. I was like WTF. I caught that as soon as I saw 84. I wonder what the translator was thinking at that part.
Jan 19, 2009 5:05 AM

Dec 2007
atruong18 said:
Angelofspawn said:

i started laughing when i saw this thing. just love touma's expression

That had to be one of my favorite parts in this episode, very funny, I didn't think all this randomness was leading to an actual storyline.

Jan 19, 2009 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
haha really funny episode, but really didnt expect it. thought it was just another fanservice ocean episode, good that it turned out to be so different. So toumas father have some connection to this? seem it will become really interesting.

Jan 19, 2009 12:01 PM

Feb 2008
It was hilarious! I was laughing a lot during the first part of this episode.

naikou said:

I was also totally convinced that he had a nightmare and would wake up every minute.

Unfortunately he didnt. The weird explanation of the situation during the second part of the episode was just confusing and boring imo. ;)
Jan 19, 2009 4:05 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was very strange, but funny.

"Yes We Can!" lol
Jan 19, 2009 10:58 PM

May 2007
id said:
Yes We Can!
Because of that alone, this episode is 5 out of 5.
Jan 20, 2009 6:03 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode. Really funny :3

Just a question but has anyone figured out who became Index? o_o Im guessing its his other friend with the blue hair but I'm not positive.

I'm saying that Touma's dad is involved in this and what happen to Himegami? >:(
Jan 20, 2009 6:35 AM

Oct 2007
This is a tad off subject, but Im just wondering where everyone got their sub. I got the [AoShen] sub and it's what Im used to but no matter where I play it from, the video is rather laggy but the sound runs perfectly.

That said, after watching this episode, I thought it was rather funny. Not what I wanted in terms of development, but still enjoyable.

Jan 20, 2009 10:50 AM

Dec 2007
Haha wtf @ this episode....i
Touma's going to be in a sliiiightly... uncomfortable situation when everything's back to normal, lmao.

Btw, did eclipse drop this series?
Jan 20, 2009 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
Charliehsv said:

Nah, they just released it. Looks like they were just a little behind schedule.

atruong18 said:

iernno, check the 1st page of this thread.

Woops, look like I failed.
FactorJan 20, 2009 5:27 PM
Jan 20, 2009 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
Factor said:
Charliehsv said:

Nah, they just released it. Looks like they were just a little behind schedule.

yes and no, the episode came out earlier than expected (something about the jcstaff holidays were shorter than regular or something), but eclipse did not want to release them both near the same time, but keep it 1 week apart.
gives it a same feel to like waiting for the next episode on tv of a show that airs once a week.

iernno, check the 1st page of this thread.
Jan 20, 2009 7:26 PM

Oct 2008
looked like a filler till the end... wonder who that jutsu master is...
Jan 20, 2009 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
Why the hell are you guys watching AoShen suddenly? Just because they released a few days earlier?

Anyway, very confusing episode, most of all the identity of that guy in the green shirt with the long name...
As for the rest of the episode, Index looked nice.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.