Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 5, 2013 4:37 AM

From NewType magazine out today, in an interview producer Iwagami said that the TV broadcast will end in Koimonogatari. (Iwagami even said that it would fit the mood of year-end to end the TV broadcast with Koimonogatari) And Hanamonogatari, which is set at a different time from the other 5 novels, will be broadcast in "some other means" (which I presume to mean on network).
Modified by symbv, Jul 5, 2013 4:43 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Jul 5, 2013 5:12 AM

I don't quite get it. I wish they'd just stick to the original with chronological order.

Jul 5, 2013 5:21 AM

mugimugi said:
I don't quite get it. I wish they'd just stick to the original with chronological order.
Sticking with chronological order would mean Hanamonogatari would be last though. Or you mean the publishing order not the chronological order?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Jul 5, 2013 6:20 AM

The publishing order. Nisio Isin did on purpose more or less.

Jul 5, 2013 6:27 AM

mugimugi said:
According to Iwagami, they really want to end the year with Koimonogatari. Not sure if it has anything to do with Koi = Romance and its symbolism for year's end festival mood.

Jul 5, 2013 6:37 AM

Monogatari Series Second Season might be 30 episodes then, assuming all the novels getting 5 episodes each like Nekomonogatari (Shiro) and we know Hanamonogatari is getting a different broadcasting method from the rest.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).

Jul 5, 2013 6:44 AM

^ Perhaps 25 eps on TV and 5 eps for Hana on internet ?

Jul 5, 2013 6:46 AM

symbv said:
^ Perhaps 25 eps on TV and 5 eps for Hana on internet ?

That might be plausible. TV broadcast would finish on December 22 if it's 25 episodes, assuming no mishaps or anything. That'd give room to show Hanamonogatari a week later I guess... like Nekomonogatari (Kuro) did last year.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).

Jul 5, 2013 6:56 AM

symbv said:
mugimugi said:
According to Iwagami, they really want to end the year with Koimonogatari. Not sure if it has anything to do with Koi = Romance and its symbolism for year's end festival mood.

I wonder if this has anything to with Hanamonogatari not beeing very popular, or they want to avoid confusion.. which is is kind of a difficult task for a Nisio Isin anime adaption by Team Shinbo..
Modified by mugi, Jul 5, 2013 7:09 AM

Jul 5, 2013 7:02 AM

mugimugi said:
I know, but people would read the title and think things I guess?

mugimugi said:
I wonder if this has anything to with Hanamonogatari not beeing very popular, or they want to avoid confusion.. which is is kind of pointly task for an Nisio Isin anime adaption by Team Shinbo..
i don't know, from the Japanese blogs I read Hana is not particularly popular, a few even put it as the weakest in the 2nd season. Wanting to avoid confusion is possible. Since the length of 2 cour means that one novel has to be broadcast separately (unless they cut the number of episodes per novel, which is the worse decision), I think it is easiest to take out Hana as it is more separate from the rest. I also guess they got the approval from Nisio as well.

Jul 5, 2013 7:08 AM

>which is is kind of pointly task

Dunno what I wrote there...

Anyway, that's what I thought. Hanamonogatari was on of the weakest stories overall, plot wise.
But speaking of confusion, I wonder how they manage the Kizumonogatari references or even spoilers in this season.

symbv said:
Since the length of 2 cour means that one novel has to be broadcast separately (unless they cut the number of episodes per novel, which is the worse decision), I think it is easiest to take out Hana as it is more separate from the rest.

Ah, that makes sense. Even though (possibly) 5 episodes for Kabuki, Otori, Oni and Koi is still not very much.

Jul 5, 2013 7:13 AM

mugimugi said:
But speaking of confusion, I wonder how they manage the Kizumonogatari references or even spoilers in this season.
My guess is they will just keep them there and assume readers know Kizu before watching the 2nd season. This is the only way that will satisfy the fans of the original novels, and I believe the fans of the original novels (which will mostly have read Kizu by now) form the majority of the BD/DVD buyers.

Jul 5, 2013 7:22 AM

They, did some pretty major cuts in the previous show however.
Lots of of dialogue between Kanbaru and Koyomi during Nadeko Snake has been cut out, which was kind of important to show more of her characater.
Same with Kagenui's dialogue when she beats up Koyomi. And they had plenty of time since Bake had like 15 episodes and Nise 11.

I'll just take your word and believe! .. They might actually use them to tease Kizu even more, and probably use the end of Hana to announce Kizu, like they used Neko Kuro to announce the second season.

Jul 5, 2013 7:37 AM

Well, cutting dialogues is a given because we know they cut a lot of dialogues in Bake as well. I guess for us fans of the LN there is never enough in the adaptation. However, there is the limit of length and consideration given to pacing....

Really Kizu should have been released long time back already by the time 2nd season is shown. The fact that it is still not ready is really not an excuse of cutting out Kizu references....

If they really announce Kizu at the end of Hana or even Koi, it would surely a huge boost to the popularity of this show (and perhaps the BD and LN sales too)

Jul 6, 2013 10:01 AM

so........ there will be no hanamonogatari? hmm.. well I'm okay with that, but that mean hanamonogatari will be an OVA or something like that? :O

then, when monogatari series: final season will get anime adaptation????? :ppp

Jul 6, 2013 10:16 AM

makarov52 said:
so........ there will be no hanamonogatari? hmm.. well I'm okay with that, but that mean hanamonogatari will be an OVA or something like that? :O
My guess is it will be broadcast on network, like what they did with Hanakawa's arc in Bake...

Jul 6, 2013 7:56 PM

So long as I get all of my Monogatari before I die I'm happy and don't care how they order it. I had to sort all this timeline shit out with Kara no Kyoukai once before, I'll do it again if I have to.

Jul 7, 2013 1:55 AM

I don't think it's because of popularity. Probably just because of timeline

Jul 7, 2013 8:17 AM

symbv said:
makarov52 said:
My guess is it will be broadcast on network, like what they did with Hanakawa's arc in Bake...

hmm soukka.. that can be happen too :3 :3 :3
hmm hmm.. I agree with you bro :3

btw when is monogatari final season get anime adaptation? :p

Jul 7, 2013 9:00 AM

makarov52 said:
symbv said:
makarov52 said:

hmm soukka.. that can be happen too :3 :3 :3
hmm hmm.. I agree with you bro :3

btw when is monogatari final season get anime adaptation? :p

2015 if ever.

Jul 7, 2013 9:06 AM

For people have have read Koimono...

Huge Spoiler for those who havent read

Jul 7, 2013 9:11 AM

HeavenlyUser said:

what are you talking about...
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Jul 7, 2013 10:07 AM

HeavenlyUser said:

you don't read the LN, DONT YOU?! -_-

Jul 8, 2013 1:45 PM

He's reading 4chins and the novel subtitle.

Jul 9, 2013 10:00 AM

HeavenlyUser said:

no one is dead in Koimonogatari

Jul 10, 2013 10:45 PM

pikeman1 said:
HeavenlyUser said:

no one is dead in Koimonogatari

well.. honestly.. I was thinking like him in the first time.. but after read it.. damn I'm so relieved

Jul 11, 2013 4:38 AM
Having Hanamonogatari out from the TV broadcast is actually - really good decision.

Jul 11, 2013 4:51 AM

Kitchiri said:
Having Hanamonogatari out from the TV broadcast is actually - really good decision.

what you mean with good decision? -_-

Jul 11, 2013 5:07 AM
makarov52 said:
Kitchiri said:

what you mean with good decision? -_-
Look, TV broadcasting allowed is 2-cour and if you include Hanamonogatari, its staggering 6 volume of novel material to animate. Remember that Bakemonogatari was just 2 volume and Nisemonogatari was same.

Hanamonogatari is probably the least plot related - more like side story - as well as having its time lime at the end of entire series. It is also one of the least popular volume of the second series. So, they decided to skip it + give more breath to other parts.

Iwakami is not saying Hanamonogatari is not going to be animated. OF COURSE it is being animated when they already showed us announcement + seiyuu acting part of it in the PV. Just 'other mean' like internet broadcast or OVA release.

Jul 15, 2013 12:07 AM

Really nice choice in taking out Hanamonogatari, I rather not have everything crammed into 2 cours. Also what do you think the reactions going to be when Koimonogatari starts airing when

Jul 15, 2013 1:49 AM

symbv said:
Really Kizu should have been released long time back already by the time 2nd season is shown. The fact that it is still not ready is really not an excuse of cutting out Kizu references....

I highly doubt they're going to cut the Kizu references.

They still had the Guillotinecutter reference back in Nisemonogatari so i doubt they'll cut out a character.

Jul 15, 2013 4:33 AM

Jul 17, 2013 10:14 PM

ihusmal1234 said:

Jul 24, 2013 8:32 AM

AlexTheRiot said:
ihusmal1234 said:

Jul 24, 2013 10:30 AM

mugimugi said:
AlexTheRiot said:
ihusmal1234 said:

Jul 24, 2013 8:28 PM

If anyone was confused like me and doesn't really understand this information, (it totally makes sense!) so please let me explain.

[Explanation:]
The Monogatari Series has 3 seasons. (I'm talking about the original Novels)

First Season:
Bakemonogatari Volume 1 | Hitagi Crab
Bakemonogatari Volume 1 | Mayoi Snail
Bakemonogatari Volume 1 | Suruga Monkey

Bakemonogatari Volume 2 | Nadeko Snake
Bakemonogatari Volume 2 | Tsubasa Cat

Kizumonogatari | Koyomi Vamp

Nisemonogatari Volume 1 | Karen Bee
Nisemonogatari Volume 2 | Tsuhiki Phoenix

Nekomonogatari (Black) | Tsubasa Family

Second Season:
Nekomonogatari (White) | Tsubasa Tiger

Kabukimonogatari | Mayoi Jiangshi

Hanamonogatari | Suruga Devil

Otorimonogatari | Nadeko Medusa

Onimonogatari | Shinobu Time

Koimonogatari | Hitagi End

[producer Iwagami said that the TV broadcast will end in Koimonogatari] ..it totally makes sense. Why? Because the Second Season ends with Koimonogatari.
... And also, notice there are 6 novels in the Season Season. And what they're saying by [And Hanamonogatari, which is set at a different time from the other 5 novels, will be broadcast in "some other means"] Basically what they're saying is that they will do Hanamonogatari separately (just like they did with Nekomonogatari: Black). The reason why? Because the other 5 novels except for Hanamonogatari are all in the same time setting of the story. And because Hanamonogatari is in another time and not the same as the other 5 novels. So it makes perfect sense as to why its going to be separate.