Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2013 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
v1.0 beta is now available! Click here to download.

This new version of Taiga has been in development for over a year now, and there are way too many changes to list. I'll have to make that list eventually, but for now, I suggest trying it out and discovering the new features as you go.

The purpose of beta is exactly what you think it is. Please use this topic for all bug reports, feature requests, etc. during the beta period. In case you have doubts on upgrading from v0.9, a couple of people, including myself, have been using it for months. I believe it's now stable enough for daily use.

While I don't suggest this, you can install it over v0.9 to keep some of your settings. Just make sure you don't have any updates queued (i.e., synchronize your list) before upgrading.

Edit: Made topic no longer sticky.
erengyApr 20, 2014 12:53 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2013 11:48 AM
Jun 2008
Looks pretty awesome at the first glance! Been waiting for this!

Thanks a lot.
Jul 3, 2013 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
Just from first glance it seems like a huge improvement over 0.9, I've tried that one and didn't stick with it because it simply wasn't there yet, but I did like the feel of it and so I kept my eye on here. And now I might give this version a bit more of a go, see how it goes. At very least, thank you so far for a very viable alternative to MALU(and possibly, for some people a (better?) replacement!).

Might throw a few suggestions out depending on what I find over the course of coming days/weeks, above possibly being the first. :P

On a side note, is it me or does it find episodes to play a lot faster then MALU does? Since MALU takes a few seconds sometimes to find the episode your telling it to open if it doesn't have the folder logged correctly, but Taiga seems to open it instantly just fine.
(This is not much of a concern for those that don't archive there shows, but those that do with over 5k+ episodes will find this is something to consider.)

For ease of the topic, I will mostly update this post with Bugs/Suggestions instead of constantly adding new one's. Making a post referring here when appropriate.

Bugs:

Bug #1 (Fixed)
Not sure what caused it, as it seems to happen randomly, but sometimes the Now Playing tab while a show is open, the image seems to be scaled horizontally only, and still at its original height.
* Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kaKYm1P.png

Bug #2 (Answered)
Some shows do not show aired episodes properly, seems to be shows that have already completed airing (ex: Haiyore, LoveCom, Yuyushiki). It works fine for shows currently airing, however.
* Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/1qD9BiW.png
Not a bug, as it was done so intentionally. Added as suggestion.

Bug #3 (Fixed)
Torrents list doesn't have anything shown in the Size column, the data is in the xml feed however.
* Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/L5e0T5S.png

Bug #4 (Fixed)
Anime Information => My Settings (Group) when removing Fansub group preference it will stay stuck on "" instead of reverting to "none".
Seems this is solved by removing the filter in the Torrents => Settings => Filters, however removing it in the Anime Information should work as well if you clear it there.
~ Persists after restarting the application

Bug #5 (Fixed)
When starting [Commie] Symphogear G episode 1 through Taiga, it starts the episode and then crashes. Haven't seen it happen with any other show, nor got a clue what is actually causing it either.
Happens with episode 2 as well, restarting application after crash while episode is still playing causes it to crash again. Thus, seems to be related to recognizing it as being played.
Was caused by name being over 128 characters

Bug #6
Settings -> Application -> Behavior(Startup) -> Scan available episodes
Never seen Taiga do this at startup, even though it is on.

Bug #7
When checking for new torrents, batches have never been checked for me so far (not sure if they should or not), but today "Kaze no Stigma" batch containing episode 1-4 came out, and was checked by default. Adding a filter that should discard all batches did not work as it remained checked when checking for new torrents even then.
(Seems really hard to check at later date if ever fixed or not)

* Fixes might not be live yet till the next update.

Suggestions:

Suggestion #1 (Answered, Implemented)
a (De-)Select All option for the list of Media Players would be useful, though I wouldn't say this is a big deal.
These options can be found in the Context (right-click) menu.

Suggestion #2 (Answered)
An option to search for episodes, basically like when you right click a show and then select "Check available episodes" but then for all shows at once.
Option is under: File => Scan available episodes (Or by pressing F5). However only works on shows that have there folder set(Seems this happens by default only for shows that are in watching list

Suggestion #3 (Answered)
Change the color of episodes available from dark grey to something more visible, like either yellow or blue. The dark grey as it is now can easily be overseen/confused with the grey of aired.
Possibly add a menu in the settings to let reconfiguring of interface colors?
Can be done by editing the theme file, some basic color options in the settings might still be nice, but hardly relevant anymore.

Suggestion #4 (Implemented)
Add an option to prevent switching tabs automatically(Mainly for Now Playing when an episode is started).

Suggestion #5
The ability to display Tags as a column (Editing it is fine as it is, imo - Also probably only great if combined with #6 as I doubt most users make use of this).

Suggestion #6
The option to show/hide columns, and possibly change the order of them (Though changing order can be quite a pain to program, so not expecting to much of that one).

Suggestion #7 (Implemented)
The ability to make the list thinner (Minimum width should be the minimum for the program to work, which from what I can see is the width where it clips the tabs)

Suggestion #8
The 'List' control seems to go a point to high, as the top-border of the active tab seems to be cut off. - Though not sure if this is just the appearance of the tab itself.

Suggestion #9
Ability to filter the list on Invalid folders, and/or possibly empty.

Suggestion #10
Option to show how many new episodes there are (in addition to just seeing there are new episodes on the progress bar).
Example: 12/24 +1, or similar. Where +1 means it found 1 episode on your hard drive to watch.

Suggestion #11
More theme options (Probably already planned for future updates is my guess, but still just throwing it inhere)

Suggestion #12
Option to off-set episode number by -1, so shows that start at episode 0 instead of episode 1 can be fixed easily (ex: Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 has episodes 0-9 but Taiga recognizes only ep 1-9 which is wrong, since that is actually episode 2+, having an option that drops the episode scan by -1 will let it start at episode 0 "as" episode 1).

Suggestion #13 (Answered, still needs alternative solution)
Allow the use of genres in the Search box, not just anime titles.
Already possible, but the Genre data isn't there for shows, to prevent bombing MAL with a full list of few hundred requests.

Suggestion #14 (Implemented)
Statistics => Score distribution, a way to see the amount of shows with respective ratings. Either as a 'column' or tooltip would probably be the best.

Suggestion #15
Allow the hiding of Torrents that do not match the filter for the show filter is made for.
Ex: I've got a filter for [UTW-Mazui] on Railgun S, so I want it to hide the episodes on this show from other groups.
(Programmer version: Right now it is only If () Then () End if, but having an Else () in between would be incredible.)
- This would require an option to select Hide in addition to just hide unrecognized.
And/Or: The ability to change Torrents from Filtering Out to Filtering In (~Erengy)

Suggestion #16
Move Scan available episodes from File menu to the Toolbar for much easier access.

Suggestion #17
Have Scan available episodes include root folders and possibly scan through all sub folders (Since specially sub folders can slow this down a lot, have it as yet another option in the settings or separate scan maybe?)

Suggestion #18 (Implemented
(Moved from Bug #2)
Display shows that have completed airing, as such by filling the progress bar. Currently when a show has completed airing it will set it to -1.
Maybe this can be a theme setting, as it is just a display thing?

Suggestion #19
Since you want to keep settings clean and simple, maybe add an Advanced settings similar like in µTorrent for the more advanced/power users among us?
Which can then make a good place for settings like allowing root scan and such, along with possibly other variables one would normally not allow users to configure, but can be useful to more advanced/power users.

Suggestion #20
Lower minimum width's for columns so they can be downsized to user preference.
(Ex: Score/Type don't need remotely there minimum width to display there values, it just eats unnecessary space.)

* Implemented suggestions might not be live yet till the next update.

Edit Log:

Edit22: Suggestion 7 implemented, added suggestion 20
Edit23: Marked Suggestion 18 as implemented.
ZenasAug 26, 2013 6:27 AM
Jul 3, 2013 12:56 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yep, this is seriously awesome. Thanks for making this beta available. The only thing my first stroll through the settings left me wanting was a select all/none button for the list of players in the Recognition settings. Not a real issue though. I'll let you know if I come across any bugs. Thanks again!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 3, 2013 1:01 PM

Oct 2007
Looks like we thought the exact same thing Cyruz, it would be nice if it was there, but nothing serious either.

After all, it is something you only have to go through when setting it up, after that you just.. leave it is as it is, maybe add a check if you decide to use a different player but nothing that really needs the check all box anymore.
Jul 3, 2013 1:50 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That is true but also the case for other programs, so it could still be added unless it's a lot of work.

Anyway, I've found a sort of bug. I'm watching an episode of Robotics;Notes right now and the main image is being distorted in Taiga.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 3, 2013 1:56 PM

Oct 2007
Adding a (un)check all check, should be relatively easy. that is, assuming he made the list of checkboxes in a logical way. :P

i'd be more worried about a good position for the (un)check all box, but that shouldn't be to big of an issue either.

also, i see you found the same image stretch i did. ^^' - seems to happen like.. 1/10 times, rough estimate.
Jul 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Feb 2009
Zenas said:
Suggestion #2
An option to search for episodes, basically like when you right click a show and then select "Check available episodes" but then for all shows at once.
This is actually already implemented. It's in the File menu.

Zenas said:
Suggestion #3 (Minor, Opinion)
Change the color of episodes available from dark grey to something more visible, like either yellow or blue. The dark grey as it is now can easily be overseen/confused with the grey of aired.
Possibly add a menu in the settings to let reconfiguring of interface colors?
Make a copy of the Default theme folder in dataThemes and then play around with the Theme.xml file and stuff should change. Then just set the new theme in Taiga and restart it and it should take effect.

Edit: Besides changing colors, you can change icons as well, make sure you name the icons the same as the default theme though.
DiablofanJul 3, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 3, 2013 2:33 PM

Oct 2007
Thank you Diablofan, seems I've been a little blind, as I've actually looked through all the menu's earlier. x) - This only functions on the watching list though, and doesn't update the other lists with available episodes.

Not entirely sure what the "Watch folders for file changes" option is supposed to do either, for now.

As for the theme, thank you for that. Will look into it myself later as well, will also update my post to reflect your answers.
Jul 3, 2013 3:07 PM

Nov 2007
Zenas said:
a (De-)Select All option for the list of Media Players would be useful, though I wouldn't say this is a big deal.
cyruz said:
a select all/none button for the list of players in the Recognition settings.

You can right click on the list to display a menu, which allows you to select/deselect all items. Should I still add an external checkbox for it, what do you think?

Zenas said:

You can use File → Scan available episodes menu item, or just hit F5 on your Anime List for the same effect. It does check your whole list, not just Currently Watching, but it only works with items that have their folder set.

Zenas said:
I'm watching an episode of Robotics;Notes right now and the main image is being distorted in Taiga.

Hmm, not sure how that one happened. Is it distorted only the first time or every time it's drawn? Is it the same for other anime images? Can you check Taiga\data\db\image\13599.jpg (image of Robotics;Notes) and see if the file seems okay? Does it look distorted too? I'm trying to figure out whether the downloaded file is corrupted or there's something wrong with Taiga's drawing. (Edit: Never mind, I think I got this one.)

Zenas said:
Not entirely sure what the "Watch folders for file changes" option is supposed to do either, for now.

When this option is enabled, Taiga automatically detects when a file is added/removed/renamed under root folders. For example, as soon as the download of a new episode is finished, Taiga will recognize that file, and mark it on your list.
erengyJul 3, 2013 3:19 PM
Jul 3, 2013 3:25 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
erengy said:
You can right click on the list to display a menu, which allows you to select/deselect all items. Should I still add an external checkbox for it, what do you think?

It didn't occur to me that I could right-click in this menu so I would say yes. Disabling certain players only took me a few seconds though, so it's no deal breaker or anything.

erengy said:
Hmm, not sure how that one happened. Is it distorted only the first time or every time it's drawn? Is it the same for other anime images? Can you check Taigadatadbimage13599.jpg (image of Robotics;Notes) and see if the file seems okay? Does it look distorted too? I'm trying to figure out whether the downloaded file is corrupted or there's something wrong with Taiga's drawing. (Edit: Never mind, I think I got this one.)

That was something I posted, not Zenas, but that doesn't matter. I saw your edit, but I still wanted to let you know that the second time Taiga drew the image it was fine. The image in the data folder looks fine, too. Though I only checked it after it was drawn the second time, so that wasn't very smart on my side. Will monitor this when I watch other anime, I only had time for two today and due to some file name issues the second one wasn't recognized - not your fault of course.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 3, 2013 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
erengy said:
Zenas said:
cyruz said:
a select all/none button for the list of players in the Recognition settings.

No, don't think it should be needed. Same as with Cyruz, it never crossed my mind to try the context menu. Probably because I'm not used to most applications like these actually using them much, or at all outside of the main form.

erengy said:
Zenas said:

You can use File → Scan available episodes menu item, or just hit F5 on your Anime List for the same effect. It does check your whole list, not just Currently Watching, but it only works with items that have their folder set.

Ouch, I have 181 on hold anime, which I'd have to set, not to mention 606 completed. Though I suppose the completed list isn't exactly important with this.
Maybe an (advanced?) added option that lets it scan for folders that it is certain are the correct shows?

erengy said:
cyruz said:
I'm watching an episode of Robotics;Notes right now and the main image is being distorted in Taiga.

Hmm, not sure how that one happened. Is it distorted only the first time or every time it's drawn? Is it the same for other anime images? Can you check Taigadatadbimage13599.jpg (image of Robotics;Notes) and see if the file seems okay? Does it look distorted too? I'm trying to figure out whether the downloaded file is corrupted or there's something wrong with Taiga's drawing. (Edit: Never mind, I think I got this one.)

*Passes to Cyruz* - If you still need help on it, let us know and either of us will probably take a look.

erengy said:
Zenas said:

When this option is enabled, Taiga automatically detects when a file is added/removed/renamed under root folders. For example, as soon as the download of a new episode is finished, Taiga will recognize that file, and mark it on your list.

Cool, will keep an eye out on that. If it works as you say that is quite nice. I take it it is not instant though?

Another something I noticed, every time an episode is started it will automatically go to the Now Playing tab, is there an option to keep it on active tab? Otherwise I will add this to suggestions as personally I don't make much use of the Now Playing tab, if at all.

Edit: Updated post at the top a bit. - Also, ugly quote-nesting.. :(

Edit2: Added 5 more suggestions, feel free to shoot some of them down if you feel they aren't any good. - Just trying to think along here. :)
Edit3: And a few more before bed. By the time I get out of bed, there will probably be a ton of replies. - So that will be fun. ^^
ZenasJul 3, 2013 5:37 PM
Jul 4, 2013 9:39 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
1)

Does Taiga always start minimized now? I always have to pull it from the tray. Is my Windows (7 Pro 64bit) having a bad day? When I click a tool tip (e.g. when it says it recognizes an episode) shouldn't that make Taiga show up? All it does for me is remove the tool tip.

2)

Just now I started an anime of the new summer season, Tamayura: More Aggressive. I had Taiga running and then played file. I didn't click on the balloon tool tip that says Not Recognized, instead I let it run for about 2 minutes - until the intro and OP were done. Then I went into Taiga and added it.

The previous version would then, right after adding it, recognize the anime, but this beta didn't realize a file was playing and didn't show anything. After I had added the entry to my Currently Watching list and re-started the episode though Taiga recognized it.

[edit]: Okay, has anyone experienced the following? While trying to troubleshoot this whole thing, I noticed that my Taiga only recognizes every second episode. I tested it with Soul Eater. Played the next episode (#41 for me) and it recognized it (just before, it didn't recognize Tamayura). I closed the player, canceled the update (I have 'ask to confirm' selected regarding updates). I opened the episode via middle mouse click again but Taiga didn't realize it was playing. I closed the player. Opened episode #41 again and Taiga recognized it. Closed the player again, canceled the list update. Restarted episode #41 once more and again Taiga didn't realize it was playing. Is this only happening to me?

3)

Zenas said:
*Passes to Cyruz* - If you still need help on it, let us know and either of us will probably take a look.

Just now with the problem I just described there was another issue. When I restarted the episode to check if it's recognized, I hit the tool tip and it took me to Taiga's Now Playing tab. No picture was showing up. I moved the Taiga window but it didn't refresh or anything. After switching to the Anime List tab and back to Now Playing, the Image for it showed up properly.

I deleted the Tamayura entry from my list and deleted the image in the data folder, then tried to reproduce it. The same thing happened again. I only saw an empty frame. I tried the same thing with Soul Eater and it failed to pull the image, too. Looks like it happens every time an image is pulled for the first time.

4)

Does the tool tip now look the same no matter if you have the anime that's playing in your media player already on your list or not? Before, I used to be able to differentiate between Anime my player was playing that were NOT on my list yet and Anime that were. Now it seems that the tool tip looks the same as long as it recognizes that the anime is in MAL's db. Is that correct? That's confusing for me.

5)

When I play e.g. Tamayura for the first time and Taiga recognizes it while it's not on my Anime List yet, the Edit button does nothing.

I realize this is a lot but I'll try my best to help track things down. Unless my PC is just having a bad day. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 4, 2013 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
It doesnt shows number of episodes, like the previous version do.
Jul 4, 2013 10:52 AM

Oct 2007
Jusstaway said:
It doesnt shows number of episodes, like the previous version do.
http://monosnap.com/image/VhU1XUtuCBzo6BvJd7Ffym0sI.png

Go to Settings => Application => List there you will find the setting Display episode count after progress bar, it will most likely be turned off for you.

It will however show behind the bar, not on top of it.
Jul 4, 2013 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
Cyruz,

1) Go to Settings => Behavior, and uncheck Minimize to tray in the On start-up field.

2) No idea on the first part, since I haven't watched any shows that weren't in it, but I tried the part in your edit, and it seems to recognize episodes fine for me. Even multiple in a row, etc.

3) / 4) - Nothing to comment here, good points though.

5) Isn't this understandable? The anime isn't in your list yet, so you can't edit it yet either. It's the same on MAL. It sounds more like the Edit button should be disabled or replaced with an "Add to list" option when this situation happens.

~Bit of a long day, will take a look at shizzle some more later. :)
Jul 4, 2013 11:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Zenas,

1) I only remembered one Minimize to tray checkbox and didn't think of looking again. My bad, thank you.

2) I'll keep monitoring it.

5) I sort of treated the Edit button as an Add button, since if I were to edit the entry I would be able to add it to my list by doing so. If I can't Edit anything, the button shouldn't be there. (:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 4, 2013 11:10 AM

Oct 2007
No problem on the setting, it's not like I didn't get anything pointed out. It happens to all of us at times. ^^'

My compliments to erengy though, so far nothing major seems to have come forward and it's all very minor glitches and the like. Very good job on that! :)
Jul 4, 2013 1:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The balloon tool tip must've been my imagination. I just started an episode of an OVA that's not on my list and it looked just like before. I'm all over the place today - sorry about that. Keep up the great work on this awesome program.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2013 4:16 PM

Oct 2007
When configuring Fansub group preference, is this only for downloading torrents, or does it have any other purpose?
Should this only contain the actual fansub tag, or can we add other "filters" to this as well?

Edit: Extensive filtering can be done through Torrents => Filters so seems if more filtering is needed its better there anyway.

Edit2: A way to avoid any other torrents to be checked for download, is to add a general filter and set it to Element: File name, Operator: contains, Value: - Match: Any, Action: Discard.... This filtering is quite interesting (Not 100% sure if this one works, will see tomorrow at some point when something comes out again :P - But think it does... kind of)
Made several other general filters as well which are really useful, but I suppose there are only few in it because you don't to many default filters available.

Edit3: Idea above did not work, still in need of a way to make it download only episodes that are filtered intentionally, thus shows that actually have a fansub added to it.

~Updated my first post with several bugs and suggestions over the past couple of hours.
ZenasJul 6, 2013 1:05 PM
Jul 6, 2013 2:41 PM

Oct 2007
For some reason Taiga crashes when I tell it to play next episode (1) of Symphogear G ("[Commie] Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 01 [A467190D].mkv")

Not sure if this is on my side or not, so not posting it as an actual bug (yet).
Jul 6, 2013 4:10 PM

Nov 2007
I started working on some bug reports and suggestions, I'll try to release an update this week.

Xinil said:
That was something I posted, not Zenas, but that doesn't matter.

Ah, sorry about that. Silly copy & paste mistake.

...Okay, I promise, I'll get it right this time. :p

cyruz said:
While trying to troubleshoot this whole thing, I noticed that my Taiga only recognizes every second episode.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but there was this bug where Taiga didn't recognize the first anime you watched, on a specific combination of list update settings (it only occurred when the delay time was set to 0, if I remember correctly). It's been there for ever since the earliest releases of Taiga, but fixing it had a risk of breaking other things, so I kinda avoided it so far. I guess the time has come to take that risk :)

cyruz said:
Does the tool tip now look the same no matter if you have the anime that's playing in your media player already on your list or not?

The relevant bits of code haven't changed, but the behavior did due to the new local anime database. Taiga now caches all available information on titles even if they're not in your list. In this case, now you don't have to search MAL again for a title you've already encountered before (i.e., it showed up on a previous search result, or it's in the distributed season data). Once you watch an episode from a title that's not in your list, it will be added to your list, automatically or manually, depending on your list update settings.
Jul 6, 2013 4:17 PM

Nov 2007
Zenas said:
By the time I get out of bed, there will probably be a ton of replies. - So that will be fun. ^^

Sorry for the disappointment. ^^; It's just one of the times when I have to work 12+ hours a day.

Zenas said:
Maybe an (advanced?) added option that lets it scan for folders that it is certain are the correct shows?

Taiga asks to scan for folders when there's no folder set, but it skips that prompt even if there's one single folder set. So, the feature is already there, and I guess the easiest solution would be putting it right under File menu, but I'm not sure that'd be the best.

Zenas said:
Some shows do not show aired episodes properly, seems to be shows that have already completed airing

This is intended, and the reason is to reduce visual clutter. There's no need to display which episodes have aired for an anime that has finished airing, is there? Taiga also ignores Dropped titles for the same reason.
As a side note, "aired episodes" feature is not completely reliable. MAL doesn't provide this info, and Taiga doesn't have any other database backing it up, so it just makes a somewhat intelligent guess. Besides this estimation, checking new torrents also serves as checking aired episodes, so Taiga makes use of this information as well (i.e., treats a new torrent as an aired episode).

Zenas said:
The ability to display Tags as a column

May I ask the reason for this? I'm asking because I'm under the impression that not many people use them. How do you use tags?

Zenas said:
Ability to filter the list on Invalid or Parts of Folder it is set to.

I couldn't get this one. Could you explain what you mean by "Invalid" and "Parts"?

Zenas said:
Option to show how many new episodes there are (in addition to just seeing there are new episodes on the progress bar). Example: 12/24 +1, or similar. Where +1 means it found 1 episode on your hard drive to watch.

Here's something similar: If you hover your mouse over the progress bar of a selected list item, it'll display something like "#11 is on computer, #12 is available for download" (this probably needs some more work though).

Zenas said:
More theme options (Probably already planned for future updates is my guess, but still just throwing it inhere)

Actually, no, themes have pretty low priority for Taiga. Not just right now, but in general. I'll probably add a color picker for progress bars though.

Zenas said:
Option to off-set episode number by -1

I don't think this is something common enough to justify the feature. However, offseting is occasionally required when fansub groups continue numbering a series from where the previous season left off. Taiga already does this for a couple of hardcoded series, but since the relation information is not readily available in MAL API, Taiga's currently unable to utilize more of it.

Zenas said:

This is already the case. What you type in the search box is searched in your list items' titles, tags and genres. But again, MAL doesn't provide genre information for the items in your list when you synchronize. The only way is to retrieve them one by one for each title, and since this requires making hundreds of requests, Taiga backs down to avoid upsetting MAL's servers. The only exception is season data, where Taiga requests all available information for each title in a season, but then it also caches this information and updates only when necessary.

Zenas said:
Still in need of a way to make it download only episodes that are filtered intentionally, thus shows that actually have a fansub added to it.

I don't think it's currently possible to achieve this by only setting a filter. It requires changing the default behavior from "download torrents unless they're filtered out" to "download torrents only if they're filtered in". I wonder if that'd be more useful.
Jul 7, 2013 3:57 PM

Oct 2007
erengy said:
Zenas said:
By the time I get out of bed, there will probably be a ton of replies. - So that will be fun. ^^

Sorry for the disappointment. ^^; It's just one of the times when I have to work 12+ hours a day.

Haha, don't worry, I meant to make my post way more organized... days ago, still haven't.

erengy said:
Zenas said:

Taiga asks to scan for folders when there's no folder set, but it skips that prompt even if there's one single folder set. So, the feature is already there, and I guess the easiest solution would be putting it right under File menu, but I'm not sure that'd be the best.

Does sound like that needs a little kicker then, since the initial prompt isn't very useful for people that already build a collection or come from another application(for that matter, I never got that prompt in the first place..)

erengy said:
Zenas said:
Some shows do not show aired episodes properly, seems to be shows that have already completed airing

This is intended, and the reason is to reduce visual clutter. There's no need to display which episodes have aired for an anime that has finished airing, is there? Taiga also ignores Dropped titles for the same reason.
As a side note, "aired episodes" feature is not completely reliable. MAL doesn't provide this info, and Taiga doesn't have any other database backing it up, so it just makes a somewhat intelligent guess. Besides this estimation, checking new torrents also serves as checking aired episodes, so Taiga makes use of this information as well (i.e., treats a new torrent as an aired episode).

Some people dont consider this clutter, but useful information. I'm one of the latter, as I actually like to have this information(and if it was actual clutter, why would be there in the first place?).
As for completed show being unnecesary is half-true, when adding it and downloading a batch I would agree, however what if the show finished airing from the current season? Then I would disagree.
Personally I would like it if it does a simple check if done airing just fill it up. But, as said, that is my opinion (hens, the suggestion).

erengy said:
Zenas said:
The ability to display Tags as a column

May I ask the reason for this? I'm asking because I'm under the impression that not many people use them. How do you use tags?

Personally I've intended to make use of it to keep track of what quality I have it as, never did this as it was always to much of a pain to do with MALU. And it also combines with the suggestion that the user can hide columns it doesn't want to show. Personally, I don't find it a big deal if it won't be added. It's just a minor thing that would be nice if it was there, not a big deal if it is not.
(Should I treat this as will not happen?)

erengy said:
Zenas said:
Ability to filter the list on Invalid or Parts of Folder it is set to.

I couldn't get this one. Could you explain what you mean by "Invalid" and "Parts"?

Invalid: I used to have a show in I:\Anime\Downloading, but then I moved it to I:\Anime\TV, so the folder it used to be in will become invalid. Either an option to have it display anime with invalid folders or alternatively have it automatically clear invalid folders would be useful to remove/fix these.
Parts of Folder: Just ignore that one, I guess. Not sure why I had that thrown in. It is the invalid that actually matters.

erengy said:
Zenas said:
Option to show how many new episodes there are (in addition to just seeing there are new episodes on the progress bar). Example: 12/24 +1, or similar. Where +1 means it found 1 episode on your hard drive to watch.

Here's something similar: If you hover your mouse over the progress bar of a selected list item, it'll display something like "#11 is on computer, #12 is available for download" (this probably needs some more work though).

Yes, I found that, however I personally preffer more of a highlight. One that not only shows that you have the next episode(since the current one only shows if you have the next one) but show's the total number of episodes that you have but not watched (ex: 5/13 +8 or 5/13 (8), where I think the brackets might be bit better). The current way I find it to be rather hard to estimate how many episodes I really have available on a show, as the bar itself doesn't show numbers, and the tooltip only tells you the next episode and the highest one that is up for download. Maybe I don't have that last one? Heh, this might just be me rambling, since I like to keep track of my load of backlog.

erengy said:
Zenas said:

Actually, no, themes have pretty low priority for Taiga. Not just right now, but in general. I'll probably add a color picker for progress bars though.

Not expecting major complex theme options, I meant mostly some more minor options. Like colors for various things. But as it stands the options are nice already. :)

erengy said:
Zenas said:
Option to off-set episode number by -1

I don't think this is something common enough to justify the feature. However, offseting is occasionally required when fansub groups continue numbering a series from where the previous season left off. Taiga already does this for a couple of hardcoded series, but since the relation information is not readily available in MAL API, Taiga's currently unable to utilize more of it.

I think this happens often enough to justify it, to be honest. The shows that start at either episode 0 or episode 13/14 are quite numerous by now. Being able to go into the settings for the show yourself and just throw in an off-set will fix recognition on quite a few shows.
Doing this hardcoded is nice, but it would mean constantly keeping track of this and updating it. Where most likely it will always remain having a few holes.

erengy said:
Zenas said:

This is already the case. What you type in the search box is searched in your list items' titles, tags and genres. But again, MAL doesn't provide genre information for the items in your list when you synchronize. The only way is to retrieve them one by one for each title, and since this requires making hundreds of requests, Taiga backs down to avoid upsetting MAL's servers. The only exception is season data, where Taiga requests all available information for each title in a season, but then it also caches this information and updates only when necessary.

Right. I do suppose that is another possible cause which gives practically the same result. A fairly annoying one at that as it is a search no doubt quite a number of people(including myself) make regular use of.

erengy said:
Zenas said:
Still in need of a way to make it download only episodes that are filtered intentionally, thus shows that actually have a fansub added to it.

I don't think it's currently possible to achieve this by only setting a filter. It requires changing the default behavior from "download torrents unless they're filtered out" to "download torrents only if they're filtered in". I wonder if that'd be more useful.

Possible by only setting a filter? Nope, I've tried to no avail.
An option that would allow change of filters to only allow filtered in? Yes please. Do make my day. :)
Way it is now, if a show is in your list but there is no filter for it yet, it will just try to download the first sub it runs into, while I'm just waiting for a better group then HorribleSubs.

Edit: This is actually a double suggestion:
a) (as listed as part of my first post) the ability to have it hide releases from other groups then the one configured.
b) option to reverse from filter out to filter in

Also mainly edited to fix some minor things around. Nothing major however.

(Think I just broke the post record)
ZenasJul 8, 2013 4:23 PM
Jul 8, 2013 3:48 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Maybe this helps, regarding the tracking.

I watched an episode that was perfectly recognized. After the episode I started the second episode of the same entry but Taiga didn't notice anything was running. While the episode was still running, I updated the entry since I figured Taiga wasn't gonna do it and when I did so, I suddenly got the tool tip saying Taiga noticed the second episode was playing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 10, 2013 4:01 AM

Nov 2007
Our first update for v1.0 beta is up:

Changelog:
- Edit button in Now Playing dialog is now shown as "Add to list" for items not in list.
- File size information is now parsed and displayed for NyaaTorrents feed.
- Statistics dialog now displays the amount of scores next to score distribution bars.
- When clicked on Now Playing balloon tooltip, Now Playing dialog is shown and main window is activated.
- Added a checkbox to select/deselect all media players (works only in Vista and above).
- Fixed a bug where progress buttons didn't refresh after clicking on one.
- Fixed a bug where selected list item's progress buttons were still drawn after switching tabs.
- Fixed a bug where removing fansub group preference from anime information dialog didn't work.
- Fixed a bug where dropping folders over root folders page didn't work.
- Fixed a couple of bugs with the recognition engine.
- Fixed(?) a bug where the image in Now Playing dialog wasn't drawn properly.

Let me know if the image bug is fixed or not. I haven't been able to reproduce it, so I couldn't test it.
Jul 10, 2013 2:52 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That's odd. Thanks a lot for the update.

I just started watching an OVA that wasn't on my list yet and everything went well. It didn't recognize it but it realized something was playing so I could use Taiga to search MAL, add it to my list and add the alternative title. Everything worked well and the image showed up properly, too.

[edit]: When I started the second episode of the OVA though the episode wasn't recognized and I had to update it (I changed the score) for it to realize another episode was playing.
cyruzJul 10, 2013 3:35 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 11, 2013 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
The "Play Random Anime" function doesn't work well.
Sometimes the window of this function doesn't show up when i click on it and if i click on "skip" it sometimes close the window.

Taigia version: 1.0.217
Jul 12, 2013 4:51 AM

Oct 2007
Working fine here: It closes it, but should pop up with a new suggestion shortly after.

What your noticing is probably that it just takes some time to randomly generate the episode to watch.

Did you try waiting a little while before trying it a 2nd time if it doesn't seem to work at first?
Jul 12, 2013 10:00 PM

Oct 2008
Loving the new version. It seems to have fixed the issue on Windows 8 of it not automatically starting on boot as well.

The issue remains though that it isn't detecting anything from PotPlayer in Windows 8 still. Does work in Media Player Classic HC though.

Haven't got around to trying any other video players atm though. I know MPC-BE didn't work in the old one either.

Cheers for your work though.
Jul 15, 2013 8:15 AM

Jun 2012
Zenas said:
Working fine here: It closes it, but should pop up with a new suggestion shortly after.

What your noticing is probably that it just takes some time to randomly generate the episode to watch.

Did you try waiting a little while before trying it a 2nd time if it doesn't seem to work at first?

Yeah i waited. But the window never came...
Jul 20, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2010
Hi. I just recently started using Taiga as a whole, and decided to go with the beta version.

I have 4 things to mention~

#1:
I love the feature that updates my Skype Mood to whatever I'm watching. However, it seems to not work very well. With it enabled, it takes a good 5 minutes, maybe more/less, before it "notices" that I'm watching something and updates my mood message. There's the option to manually share it, but that is a bit more annoying than I'd like. Also, with both methods, often times my mood message never goes away. Sometimes after I'm done watching, the mood message will go away shortly after I'm done watching, and I'd like it to always go away when I'm done. I don't want my mood message to say that I'm watching something when I finished it 2 hours ago!

#2:
The torrents section seems really odd for me. I've finished Cowboy Bebop, and I dropped Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru, however both are showing on my new torrents section.
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/yr3mlhZ.png
I'm not sure at all why Cowboy Bebop is showing, considering it's not even a new episode, but a new release from someone on a show I've finished. Oreshura at least kinda makes sense, because it is a new episode from where I dropped it. I have the default filters on that discard completed and dropped titles.

#3:
I changed the "prefer high-resolution files" to prefer 1080p and 720p. The problem is, it selects both. HorribleSubs OFTEN releases 1080p, 720p, and 480p, so every time I get a new HorribleSubs release, it checks 1080p and 720p and I have to uncheck 720p. Is there a way to make a filter that chooses the best quality and no others?

#4:
I have Taiga set to minimize/close to tray. Whenever it notifies me of a new episode, I click the window and it makes the search, but it's still minimized. Could you make it restore from minimized when you click a notification?

Really great program, hope my comments make some sense, looking forward to more updates. :D
Jul 21, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2008
mastafrooper said:
The issue remains though that it isn't detecting anything from PotPlayer in Windows 8 still. Does work in Media Player Classic HC though.

Just an update on this. Doesn't work on 32 or 64bit versions of Media Player Classic BE either.
Jul 25, 2013 8:14 PM

Nov 2007
Hello KariChan. Thanks for your comments, and congratulations on your first forum post. ^^

KariChan said:
it takes a good 5 minutes, maybe more/less, before it "notices" that I'm watching something and updates my mood message.

Taiga actually recognizes the episode you're watching in a second or two, but waits for Settings → Recognition → Time setting before sharing it or updating your list. This is to avoid situations like where the user just wants to take a quick look at an episode, but it's still possible to set the delay time to zero.

I recently re-organized Settings dialog so that things make more sense, but I admit it doesn't look clear enough yet.

KariChan said:
often times my mood message never goes away.

It's supposed to go away when you start watching another episode, close the media player, or close Taiga. If it doesn't, there's a problem. I haven't used Skype for a long time, maybe something's broken, gotta do some tests with the latest version.

KariChan said:
I've finished Cowboy Bebop, and I dropped Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru, however both are showing on my new torrents section.

When Taiga checks new torrents, it checks an RSS feed (e.g. NyaaTorrents, TokyoTosho). By default, all torrent releases included in the RSS feed are displayed, and all of them are marked for download. If a torrent is not recognized (i.e. belongs to an anime not in your list), it's displayed with gray text (e.g. One Piece in your example screenshot). Discarding torrents doesn't hide them, only clears the check mark beside them, so that they're not downloaded.

That being said, I'm interested in how you'd like to use it. Would you rather not see discarded items? I'm considering to make some changes on how Torrents section behaves, before leaving the beta.

KariChan said:
Is there a way to make a filter that chooses the best quality and no others?

I think, the only way is to separate that filter into two filters. First one should be for 1080p, and the following should be for 720p. That way, Taiga will process the 1080p filter first (filters are processed from top to bottom), discard 720p torrents, and ignore them while processing the 720p filter. If there's no 1080p release for an episode, 720p will still be preferred over other resolutions.

KariChan said:
Could you make it restore from minimized when you click a notification?

Done!
Jul 28, 2013 5:30 AM

Oct 2007
Updated my post on first page again:
Updated bug 2, added bug 6, added suggestion 18,19, marked suggestion 4 as implemented.
Jul 28, 2013 1:56 PM

Oct 2010
erengy said:
Taiga actually recognizes the episode you're watching in a second or two, but waits for Settings → Recognition → Time setting before sharing it or updating your list. This is to avoid situations like where the user just wants to take a quick look at an episode, but it's still possible to set the delay time to zero.

I have it set to instant in that section, would changing it to "After Delay Time" with a 0 be better then?

erengy said:
It's supposed to go away when you start watching another episode, close the media player, or close Taiga. If it doesn't, there's a problem. I haven't used Skype for a long time, maybe something's broken, gotta do some tests with the latest version.

I find myself manually removing it each time, I've tried closing the player and waiting an hour and it still didn't clear. Using Media Player Classic if that matters.

erengy said:
That being said, I'm interested in how you'd like to use it. Would you rather not see discarded items? I'm considering to make some changes on how Torrents section behaves, before leaving the beta.

I don't mind torrents being shown, but I think Completed, Dropped, and Stalled torrents should be grey. Anything that's not grey should be what I'm interested in downloading -- things I'm currently watching. I don't think anyone's preference would be ideal, so maybe some settings could be implemented if it's not too much trouble?

erengy said:
I think, the only way is to separate that filter into two filters. First one should be for 1080p, and the following should be for 720p. That way, Taiga will process the 1080p filter first (filters are processed from top to bottom), discard 720p torrents, and ignore them while processing the 720p filter. If there's no 1080p release for an episode, 720p will still be preferred over other resolutions.

This is a good idea, I'll have to try it.
Jul 28, 2013 2:53 PM
Jan 2013
I noticed something and I'm not sure if it was an intended feature or not:
- If you go to your anime list and click "Plan to Watch" (or any tabs other than "Currently Watching" ) and press "Synchronize List", then it will sync and go back to the "Currently Watching" tab. It seems like it should be staying on the previously viewed tab.

Request:
- If the API is capable of this, get the history from MAL instead of having a local history (It could even have the option to choose which one)
- If the local history is kept, give a way to clear the history

1.0 is great BTW. I love the new design. Any idea when the manga list will be implemented?
Jul 28, 2013 9:05 PM

Feb 2009
agsking said:
Request:
- If the API is capable of this, get the history from MAL instead of having a local history (It could even have the option to choose which one)
- If the local history is kept, give a way to clear the history

1.0 is great BTW. I love the new design. Any idea when the manga list will be implemented?
MAL's API doesn't give us access to the history section, so no can do on the first part. Second one should be easy to do though.

Manga list should be added with one of the versions after 1.0 is released.

Jul 28, 2013 9:42 PM

Nov 2007
KariChan said:
I find myself manually removing it each time, I've tried closing the player and waiting an hour and it still didn't clear.

I tried it out now and the mood message didn't go away for me either. I'll figure it out somehow.

As a side note, apparently Skype is about to discontinue its Desktop API, so the documentation for it is no longer available... Can't view the developer forum, because "The Skype Developer program is not accepting new registrations"... Good job, Microsoft.

KariChan said:
I have it set to instant in that section, would changing it to "After Delay Time" with a 0 be better then?

Yeah, that'd be better for now. I made some changes in that section in the past few days, they're going to be available in the next update.

agsking said:
(...) It seems like it should be staying on the previously viewed tab.

Fixed.

agsking said:
If the API is capable of this, get the history from MAL instead of having a local history

The API lacks this feature, unfortunately. It should be possible to parse the "Recent Anime by Episode" RSS feed though. May I ask why do you need this? Is it because the episodes you update through the website are not displayed in Taiga's history?

agsking said:
If the local history is kept, give a way to clear the history

It's possible to delete history items individually from History page; just choose the ones you wish to remove and hit Delete. You can select multiple items by holding down Ctrl or Shift too. If you want to clear the entire history, Settings → Library → Cache provides another way.

agsking said:
Any idea when the manga list will be implemented?

After releasing 1.0, I'll start refactoring the codebase in order to make it more clear and modular, so that Taiga is able to support more services and other kinds of media. I'm not sure how long it's going to take though.
Jul 29, 2013 12:59 AM
Jul 2011
just installed and configured 1.0b and i must say , i love the initial noticeable changes so far , i haven't noticed any issues yet ( i'm sure one will probably pop up while i use it more (maybe)). i'll be sure to mention any i stumble upon, thanks for your hard work :)
Jul 29, 2013 8:58 PM
Jan 2013
erengy said:

The API lacks this feature, unfortunately. It should be possible to parse the "Recent Anime by Episode" RSS feed though. May I ask why do you need this? Is it because the episodes you update through the website are not displayed in Taiga's history?

That, and I use Taiga on multiple computers. I don't really use the history feature of MAL anyways, but I just thought of it.

erengy said:

It's possible to delete history items individually from History page; just choose the ones you wish to remove and hit Delete. You can select multiple items by holding down Ctrl or Shift too. If you want to clear the entire history, Settings → Library → Cache provides another way.

Ah ok. I was trying to right click on the entries (expecting that some sort of context menu would appear). I cant try out pressing delete though right now, as my laptop doesn't have a full keyboard.
Aug 3, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2008
hello!
I just installed taiga 1.0 beta, and I like it.
The only problem so far it is that taiga does not recognize XBMC as a player on win8, like the 0.9 did (on win7 it was ok).
Aug 3, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2007
@agsking:
Ah, I see. Those are the things I tend to overlook; people working on multiple computers, people on laptops... ^^; For starters, I added a context menu to History dialog, it's going to be in the next update. Merging the history from MAL with the local one is relatively more complicated, but I added that to my to-do list as well.

@dragone17:
Hi there. I believe this is due to the same reason PotPlayer doesn't work on Windows 8, as reported by mastafrooper on the previous page. Taiga uses a couple of different methods to retrieve file names from media players. PotPlayer and XBMC share the same method. I'll definitely look into this before releasing 1.0.
Aug 3, 2013 11:21 PM

Nov 2007
Our second update for v1.0 beta is up:

Changelog:
- Added a new setting: "Go to Now Playing when an episode is recognized"
- Added a new setting: "Ignore files outside of root folders"
- Added context help button to Settings dialog.
- Added context menu to History dialog.
- Re-organized some options in Settings dialog.
- Application window is now activated when clicked on a notification.
- Invalid anime folders are now cleared when user tries to open them.
- "Hide sidebar" option and the toggles in Tools menu are now saved.
- Life spent watching statistic is now a bit more accurate.
- After synchronizing, Anime List dialog now stays on currently selected tab instead of switching to Currently Watching tab.
- Anime List dialog no longer displays not-in-list items when filtered.
- Search dialog now displays its results in groups.
- Media player settings are now stored in settings.xml rather than media.xml.
- Torrents that include "Vol." in their titles are now categorized as Batch.
- Fixed a bug where setting fansub group preference caused Taiga to crash.
- Fixed a bug where very long anime titles caused Taiga to crash.
- Fixed a bug where some list items were not highlighted.
- Fixed a bug where the right-click menu of Search dialog didn't update correctly.
- Fixed a bug where newline characters in synopsis text disappeared.
- Fixed recognition of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- Fixed recognition of MPC-BE.

Please review the Recognition section of Settings dialog, as some of your settings might get overwritten with this update.
Aug 4, 2013 2:09 AM
Jun 2013
You think you can add an option to set the airtime of the anime or even go beyond and parse the airtimes from http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/Complete/?

Anyways, v1.0 beta is great.
Aug 4, 2013 11:53 AM

Oct 2007
Mahou doesn't tell episode number, making it quite hard if even possible at all to parse.

Aside from that, erengy prefers not to use external sources other then MAL for information.

Though, I agree with the suggestion. But it has been passed a few times already I think because of the episode number difficulty.
Aug 4, 2013 5:08 PM
Jun 2013
Zenas said:
Mahou doesn't tell episode number, making it quite hard if even possible at all to parse.

Aside from that, erengy prefers not to use external sources other then MAL for information.

Though, I agree with the suggestion. But it has been passed a few times already I think because of the episode number difficulty.

Makes sense.
Maybe at least let us choose what day of week an anime airs at then show what animes air today on the Now Playing tab.

Also, mentioning the Now Playing tab, it would be nice to choose in the settings what we want to see.
Aug 6, 2013 6:47 PM

Dec 2009
I was searching for an anime at my list on Taiga. I missclicked and hit the "Currently watching" header, then Taiga crashed. I tried to reproduce the crash, tried searching for "lo" (http://img.ctrlv.in/img/5201a5f0d1a2c.jpg), but nothing happened. Then I wrote the entire anime name, leaving only the "Currently Watched" header (http://img.ctrlv.in/img/5201a6176bafe.jpg). When I clicked it, Taiga stopped working.

It's pretty minor, ikr, but I through I should post it here anyway, lol. Sorry about my poor english, but it isn't my mother language.
Aug 8, 2013 3:03 PM
Dec 2012
I just want to quickly say that this beta release is excellent and the improvements are very nice, the look of the program is overall much nicer too. Very pleased to see that Taiga is still being updated, as it's one of my favourite pieces of software since it's almost entirely automated watching/tracking anime for me.

I don't think I could ever go back to manually updated my list and checking Nyaa for new episodes myself. Thanks for the hard work.
Aug 8, 2013 3:44 PM
Jun 2013
Whenever the program checks for torrents (manual or automatic), it always ends up with "HTTP error #12017: The operation has been canceled" even though it does end up with retrieving the results. This happens with all feeds. It also seemed like it stopped the automatic downloading of torrents.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

Sticky: » Bug reports, general problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

1122 by DeFF »»
Jun 23, 2021 10:53 PM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.