Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 3, 2013 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
very boring chapter.
Jul 3, 2013 11:41 AM
Oct 2010
fool thought he was getting laid. NOPE

who was that behind chad
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 3, 2013 11:47 AM

Apr 2010
I don't know why people are saying introducing new Stern Ritter is considered a waste of time. We all knew that there was going to be one for each letter of the alphabet. They were going to get introduced eventually. I'd rather now than later so that we can move on with the plot. As for the chapter itself. It was decent. Yes a lot more could have happened, but I like how we're seeing the personalities of the Stern Ritters. The Quincy seem a lot more brutal than the Espada.
Jul 3, 2013 11:52 AM
Aug 2011
I honestly don't care about any of those Stern Ritters.
They're all going to be defeated eventually anyway.

I always like seeing more of Chad though.

Lots of talk about Grimmjow.
Let's just say I wouldn't oppose it if that happened.
Jul 3, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2010
Fai said:

manga does not need "redeeming". So far Kubo has yet to break any sort of basic rules of narrative writing and the story flow is decent to great. Just because you do not like something in it, does not make it bad.
The steady drop in sales and overall popularity says otherwise. And you'd be a fool to say the fullbringer arc was good story telling. The characters were poorly handled and we don't even know WHY it occurred in the first place! Not once did they state why Xcution needed or wanted to get stronger by stealing ichigo's fullbring which is a major plot hole. How do you go an entire arc without giving any of the characters motive? And let's not forget all the other mistreated characters like Chad and Orihime who were main characters in the beginning but are now pretty much irrelevant. OR certain WTF moments like how they gave byakuya multiple over dramatic "I'm about to die, this is my final request" scenes and then a chapter later he's alive and making a full recovery. OOOOR how Aizen, the genius tactician who pretty much been in control of this story from day1, lost to ichigo because he was suddenly overcome with the worst case of hubris I've ever seen and refused to use his zanpakuto which would have assured his victory. It makes even less sense when you think about the fact that he was already better than everyone else to begin with so why become all careless and arrogant now? Anyway, there's plenty of bad writing in bleach but you just refuse to acknowledge it. Just because you like something in it doesn't mean it's good writing.
kizu-kunJul 3, 2013 12:04 PM
Jul 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Apr 2009
Wait, if Bach did a thing to kill all the impure Quincies then how are Ichigo, Yuzu and Karin still alive?
Jul 3, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2007
kizu-kun said:
The steady drop in sales and overall popularity says otherwise.

Popularity =/= Quality. If popularity was quality, Twilight and Bible would be masterpieces of epic writing quality.

kizu-kun said:

And you'd be a fool to say the fullbringer arc was good story telling.

Fullbringer arc was good story telling.

kizu-kun said:

The characters were poorly handled and we don't even know WHY it occurred in the first place!

Well, its good that we have 10 years of this manga for that then, eh? :)

kizu-kun said:
Not once did they state why Xcution needed or wanted to get stronger by stealing ichigo's fullbring which is a major plot hole.

The reasosn why Execution was doing it was explained.

kizu-kun said:
How do you go an entire arc without giving any of the characters motive?

Motives were given and explained - Ginjou used a bunch of lonely people whose lives were destroyed by their powers, in order to lead a personal vendetta against something Soul Society did to him after he found out badge's purpose.

kizu-kun said:
And let's not forget all the other mistreated characters like Chad and Orihime who were main characters in the beginning but are now pretty much irrelevant.

Chad and Orihime are still main characters. if anything, fullbring arc showcased and hinted that they have both gotten more powers, but have yet to show it - namely Orihime still has multiple hairpin combinations, not to mention the attack that was interrupted and the attack that did go uninterrupted ended up wounding Ginjou. Chad was pretty much built up as someone who has not reached his peak yet too and we never saw the results of his training yet.

kizu-kun said:
OR certain WTF moments like how they gave byakuya multiple over dramatic "I'm about to die, this is my final request" scenes and then a chapter later he's alive and making a full recovery.

Welcome to every shonen series ever created. Over dramatic "will ___ DIE NOW???!?! of course not!" scenes are the essence of this genre. Don't worry. Kubo will make sure to tell you when character does indeed die.

kizu-kun said:

OOOOR how Aizen, the genius tactician who pretty much been in control of this story from day1, lost to ichigo because he was suddenly overcome with the worst case of hubris I've ever seen and refused to use his zanpakuto which would have assured his victory.

And yet it was perfectly in-character for Aizen and his motives. For someone who had no one equal to him and who played around with everyone, its only normal to underestimate others. Also we do not even know on if his sword would have even worked on Ichigo's mixed kettle of power sources and near infinite reiatsu. Add to it his motives and the fact that he NEEDS Ichigo to reach the King's Realm(Since Ichigo is the key he was making) and you have plenty of reasons on why he would act all emotional and irrational.

kizu-kun said:
It makes even less sense when you think about the fact that he was already better than everyone else to begin with so why become all careless and arrogant now?

You just answered your own question.
kizu-kun said:

Just because you like something in it doesn't mean it's good....

Just because you dislike something in it doesn't mean it's bad....

Belgian_Waffles said:
Wait, if Bach did a thing to kill all the impure Quincies then how are Ichigo, Yuzu and Karin still alive?

Most likely that will be explained.
Jul 3, 2013 1:37 PM
Apr 2013
So that's why Uryu survived. Can I ask a few dumb questions? Ok, first is Mayuri still has that Bactria stuff in Uryu so he can spy on him, so most likely he already knows where Uryu is right? Second is that Ichigo was unconscious when his mother died, and Katagiri went into a coma, so is it possible all the Quincy's were unconscious during the selection? Or at least people with Quincy blood? Then again does Ichigo even have enough Quincy blood for Juha Bach to worry about at the time? Just curious, any thoughts?
Jul 3, 2013 1:56 PM

Sep 2010
Fai said:

kizu-kun said:

The characters were poorly handled and we don't even know WHY it occurred in the first place!

Well, its good that we have 10 years of this manga for that then, eh? :)

kizu-kun said:
Not once did they state why Xcution needed or wanted to get stronger by stealing ichigo's fullbring which is a major plot hole.

The reasosn why Execution was doing it was explained.

kizu-kun said:
How do you go an entire arc without giving any of the characters motive?

Motives were given and explained - Ginjou used a bunch of lonely people whose lives were destroyed by their powers, in order to lead a personal vendetta against something Soul Society did to him after he found out badge's purpose.
Not once did they say "Our goal is to take down SS." It was obvious that Ginjou hated them but the never said what they planned on using ichigo's powers for. And I'm pretty sure Ginjou, having worked for SS in the past is smart enough to know that he can't take them on with a rag-tag group of 6 weak humans. Again, leaving gaps open in the plot of a past arc that's pretty much been rapped up is not good story telling. Something like that should not have been saved for later, but instead told WHILE it's happening. Even if kubo does try to clear up what happened then in this current arc it's already to late. The story is focused on new plot points and mysteries/ filling in the more important gaps from other pasts arcs.

Fai said:
kizu-kun said:
And let's not forget all the other mistreated characters like Chad and Orihime who were main characters in the beginning but are now pretty much irrelevant.

Chad and Orihime are still main characters. if anything, fullbring arc showcased and hinted that they have both gotten more powers, but have yet to show it - namely Orihime still has multiple hairpin combinations, not to mention the attack that was interrupted and the attack that did go uninterrupted ended up wounding Ginjou. Chad was pretty much built up as someone who has not reached his peak yet too and we never saw the results of his training yet.
Both these characters get less and less screen time despite their "main character staus" and all of there developement goes to waste. Orihime seemingly manned up during the arrancar arc and even said things like, "I'll never get in ichigo's the way again." or "I'm going to destory the hogyoku and ruin aizen's plan!". But what did she do when times got tough? cry.... just totally reverted back to the crybaby she was in the beginning. Same thing happened in the fullbringer arc where her and chad say they've been training so that they will no longer be a burden then immediately do the opposite and become hostages to be used against ichigo. They've had plenty of opportunities to show off what they can do and how they grown but always end up regressing or needing to be saved by someone else.

Fai said:
kizu-kun said:
OR certain WTF moments like how they gave byakuya multiple over dramatic "I'm about to die, this is my final request" scenes and then a chapter later he's alive and making a full recovery.

Welcome to every shonen series ever created. Over dramatic "will ___ DIE NOW???!?! of course not!" scenes are the essence of this genre. Don't worry. Kubo will make sure to tell you when character does indeed die.
Just because it happens in other mangas doesn't mean it's good or that kubo has to put it in his. Characters being brought back after something that was clearly fatal is really a BAD quality that most shonen manga's share.

fai said:
kizu-kun said:

OOOOR how Aizen, the genius tactician who pretty much been in control of this story from day1, lost to ichigo because he was suddenly overcome with the worst case of hubris I've ever seen and refused to use his zanpakuto which would have assured his victory.

And yet it was perfectly in-character for Aizen and his motives. For someone who had no one equal to him and who played around with everyone, its only normal to underestimate others. Also we do not even know on if his sword would have even worked on Ichigo's mixed kettle of power sources and near infinite reiatsu. Add to it his motives and the fact that he NEEDS Ichigo to reach the King's Realm(Since Ichigo is the key he was making) and you have plenty of reasons on why he would act all emotional and irrational.
It has NEVER been in Aizen's character act recklessly, panic in battle, and discard his main trump card. Why would he go "mad with power" all of a sudden when he was already insanely strong to begin with. Being overpowered was nothing new to him. And the fact that ichigo's power level jumped passed aizen's level by some very vague and nonsense method of discarding his spiritual is ass-pull at it's finest. It doesn't make sense, it wasn't explained, AND it was never ever hinted that something like that was even possible in the world of bleach. Also there's no reason to believe Aizen's hypnosis wouldn't work on ichigo just becuase he has mutipul reiatsu types. lol And please cite where they said that Aizen planned on making ichigo into the king's key. Clearly that's just one of your made up theories
kizu-kunJul 3, 2013 2:17 PM
Jul 3, 2013 2:03 PM
Aug 2012
U know this thing about ushida goin to the quincys dosn't mean much as ichigo could whoop his ass easily any time
Jul 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
Please tel me that Urahara is reviving Ulqioura or something.
Jul 3, 2013 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
1. I don't understand why you all complain about loose plot holes, AND THEN you complain over the length of the manga? How does kubo address your so-called "loose plotholes" without having a length story?

2. Why are so many of you so impatient? Not every chapter can be condensed with awesomeness. Some chapters may add more questions, others may further elaborate on already established answers, and others still may seem pointless. It seems many of you have grown impatient with bleach and just want it to end. Well to such people I ask: "Why do you watch Bleach?".

3. Accept bleach for what it is. Whether you see it as mindless entertainment or more seldom, as an intricate plot, you should just accept it for what it is; if not, stop reading it.
Jul 3, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
Belgian_Waffles said:

I just assumed it had something to do with the fact that Isshin was a Shinigami. It's not like they're a mix of Quincy and regular human!
Jul 3, 2013 5:35 PM

Jun 2013
I think I saw Grimmjow's leg behind Sado.
Jul 3, 2013 5:38 PM

Mar 2013
Not a bad chapter....
New Sternritters were introduced, I'm liking it ^_^
Urahara was shown at the end, which means something interesting will happen in the next chapter.
Looking forward to it
Jul 3, 2013 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
Smodge said:
Belgian_Waffles said:

I just assumed it had something to do with the fact that Isshin was a Shinigami. It's not like they're a mix of Quincy and regular human!

i think kubo wont even bother explaining like he does with alot of things like this.
being gay is for queers

Jul 3, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2013
Boring chapter, feel like Kubo's got too many pointless character introductions going when he sucks at handling a large cast anyways, and it looks like we aren't getting any explanations on the whole "Fake" Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu shit, which when you think about it doesn't make much sense. The arc started off better than the past few arcs Kubo's written so it's kind of a shame it's gone back to it's very crap pacing again.
Jul 3, 2013 7:06 PM

Sep 2009
I know what Ishida's power is, it's "The Heart"

The manga will end with Ishida taking all the girls for himself while Ichigo becomes impotent and unable to sexually satisfy anybody after attempting another FGT on Bach.

Oh how the girls will Q_Q
Jul 3, 2013 7:38 PM

Apr 2008
He should have revealed Grimmjow this chapter since overall it was soooo boring.
Jul 3, 2013 7:46 PM
Feb 2013
I was reading some of the comments here, the occasional "Kubo stop waisting time on pointless characters" outlandish comments.

..... are u people serious? Like what the actual f*ck?! So in any given 'action' oriented story... you would not want secondary characters, that are supporting our primary antagonist and aiding him to reach his ultimate goal, to be explored? You don't care for insight on them? IF that is the case, then why are u even reading this when its common in this genre?

These characters aren't pointless, they do serve a point. They are part of the war, its NOT just Juha and Haschwalth. If the Shinigami's were to fight characters that WE DON'T EVEN KNOW, then it would be anticlimatic and disappointing. Just because they could die (just like every other antagonistic side in every other action/battle manga) doesn't mean they don't have a point and shouldn't be developed. Seriously, those statements are really annoying.
Jul 3, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2007
Ugh I actually hope they show what Urahara is doing this time and don't cut away.

And what about Uryuu father? He didn't lose his Quincy powers either? So he wouldn't be the only one not effected. Does Uryuu not care that the "selection" led to his mothers death?
Jul 3, 2013 7:57 PM

Jan 2009
Grimmm said:
He should have revealed Grimmjow this chapter since overall it was soooo boring.

i thought we already know that Grimmjow is back
Jul 3, 2013 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
I feel sorry for Urahara. He's the one character in whole series who got so much potential to go against anyone but all he do is sit there and watch things from sidelines and train those useless bunch of characters who get KO'd in one page every single time. It's like he have no actual participation in the story except telling few things like narrator when needed.
Jul 3, 2013 9:35 PM
Mar 2009
Will we finally see Grimmjow?

Slow chapter...more tits girls are introduced and Uryu chats with Juha. Wow...
Jul 4, 2013 4:18 AM

May 2013
Boring phase.
Forever lost.
Jul 4, 2013 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
Han-yuu said:
I feel sorry for Urahara. He's the one character in whole series who got so much potential to go against anyone but all he do is sit there and watch things from sidelines and train those useless bunch of characters who get KO'd in one page every single time. It's like he have no actual participation in the story except telling few things like narrator when needed.

That's why he is still alive. I don't think that he can 'power up' like Ichigo to avoid deaths, or like Aizen.

PandaAssassin said:
I was reading some of the comments here, the occasional "Kubo stop waisting time on pointless characters" outlandish comments.

..... are u people serious? Like what the actual f*ck?! So in any given 'action' oriented story... you would not want secondary characters, that are supporting our primary antagonist and aiding him to reach his ultimate goal, to be explored? You don't care for insight on them? IF that is the case, then why are u even reading this when its common in this genre?

These characters aren't pointless, they do serve a point. They are part of the war, its NOT just Juha and Haschwalth. If the Shinigami's were to fight characters that WE DON'T EVEN KNOW, then it would be anticlimatic and disappointing. Just because they could die (just like every other antagonistic side in every other action/battle manga) doesn't mean they don't have a point and shouldn't be developed. Seriously, those statements are really annoying.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/9/57-503.0/compressed/p008.jpg
Like someone give a *** if character(s) in next few chapters gonna die or those characters are boring©-paste of other characters.
And SR has 26(or more if he use other alphabet). Omaida family - why you introduce, probably, weak characters at the time when even Soifon cannot do much, Omaida was almost useless... and his family? Come on!
Some other characters that are worth exploring:
- Yachiru(Kenpachi's girl)
- Unohana(more of her!)
- God of universe
- Urohara Kisuke
- Kyouraku Shunsui
- Liltotto Lamperd -> G[new sternritter]
and maybe some more.
WannabitemeJul 4, 2013 9:42 AM
Jul 4, 2013 11:26 AM

Jul 2010
Wannabiteme said:
Han-yuu said:

That's why he is still alive. I don't think that he can 'power up' like Ichigo to avoid deaths, or like Aizen.

If Chad and Orihime can avoid death, and are alive and kicking, and can 'power up'. Why the hell he can't? Are you sure we're talking about Urahara?
Jul 4, 2013 11:48 AM

May 2011

To the right of Chad's shoulder: Now we get to see Grimmjow's leg. Just give it to us already!!!!

Though, I'm assuming this means a power-up for him via Urahara, which hopefully should make him a contender in all of this.
Kayaba-Jul 4, 2013 11:54 AM
Jul 4, 2013 2:23 PM

Feb 2010
Han-yuu said:
Wannabiteme said:
Han-yuu said:

If Chad and Orihime can avoid death, and are alive and kicking, and can 'power up'. Why the hell he can't? Are you sure we're talking about Urahara?

But how they do this? Do they defeat some 'main antagonist' at some part of manga? I don't think so.
Urahara would be another 'person with hidden potential' like Kenpachi.
Mayuri, Urahara.. Aizen... they all are tactician. Why no one defeated Aizen before? It wasn't that he was 'uber strong', no. It was just he was hiding. Why Mayuri survived fight with Uryuu?
Jul 4, 2013 3:11 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh, now I see the reason of the discord. Also, I think the other people in cloaks are the Fullbringers, and Urahara's experiment is looking like a Quincy symbol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2013 3:27 PM
Feb 2012
mystik said:
Ugh I actually hope they show what Urahara is doing this time and don't cut away.

And what about Uryuu father? He didn't lose his Quincy powers either? So he wouldn't be the only one not effected. Does Uryuu not care that the "selection" led to his mothers death?

Uryuu's father is a pure blooded Quincy so he wouldn't have been included in the Holy Selection~
Jul 4, 2013 4:21 PM
Jul 2013
That person behind Chad is sooo Grimmjow. But there's someone else too. Someone, who Orihime hasn't seen yet because she was so surprised. She was like:" EEEH!?!?" (just like me while I was reading those pages :3 ) So I can only guess it's Ulquiorra, something just tells me it's him(and shaddap I can have a fangirl dream -_- ). Kubo once was asked if Ulquiorra is coming back, and he only said be patient and read the manga. We've been patient for 4 years...
Jul 4, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2008
nothing much interesting chapter
Jul 4, 2013 10:35 PM
Jun 2008
bocoom said:
Smodge said:
Belgian_Waffles said:

i think kubo wont even bother explaining like he does with alot of things like this.

A few chapters ago people were asking how Ichigo could preform the defense move without having been trained to do so as Isshin clearly stated only full blooded Quincy are able to do that. This means that Ichigo has to be a full blooded Quincy as well as his sisters. However, people keep saying that this is a contradiction because in order to be a Quincy then both parents need to be of the Quincy blood line. I guess calling Juhabach's actual biological children would be a contradiction as well despite the fact their mothers very likely came from Soul Society in the first place.
Jul 5, 2013 3:33 AM

Dec 2012
Grimmjow!! WOO

Jul 5, 2013 6:55 PM

Apr 2008
They must've been really awesome tits if that guy died because of them.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jul 5, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
Wannabiteme said:
Mayuri, Urahara.. Aizen... they all are tactician. Why no one defeated Aizen before? It wasn't that he was 'uber strong', no. It was just he was hiding. Why Mayuri survived fight with Uryuu?

You didn't get my whole point. Read my first post again. I was talking about his potential either it's hidden or not. Urahara can die in some stupid training like Unohana all we know and that's where the problem begins. Kubo only knows how to create cool characters. I don't remember a single character beside Ichigo who got a decent character development and actually useful when needed.
Jul 7, 2013 5:35 AM

May 2012
go home uryuu, if you dont wan the throne

yay new gaaru kyarazu

ee? eeeeee?
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 8, 2013 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Introduction of Stern Ritters were too fast and rapid. Probably will only remember them once they get into those one-on-one fights.
Jul 9, 2013 6:31 AM

Feb 2010
Han-yuu said:
Wannabiteme said:

You didn't get my whole point. Read my first post again. I was talking about his potential either it's hidden or not. Urahara can die in some stupid training like Unohana all we know and that's where the problem begins. Kubo only knows how to create cool characters. I don't remember a single character beside Ichigo who got a decent character development and actually useful when needed.

hmmm... but why Kubo want to 'develop' weak character?
Jul 9, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
Wannabiteme said:
Han-yuu said:
Wannabiteme said:

hmmm... but why Kubo want to 'develop' weak character?

because that's what you do to expand the certain aspects of the story. You won't need only main character to defeat everyone. The main character can rely on others. He know someone is watching his back. It won't become one man show. For example. The guy who created zanpaktou wouldn't be able to do a thing against Stern Ritters. That's how weak they are despite the hype for being a royal guard, captain-commander, former-kenpachi, vastro lord or you name it. And the reason for everyone to be worried for ichigo to get back his bankai and full powers.
Sep 22, 2013 5:52 AM

Jul 2009
Not much happened in this chapter really. Those new characters have horrific names yet again: Kubo should really research foreign names a bit more before he makes up these characters.
May 25, 2014 6:10 AM

Oct 2013
A
Zell182 said:
Not much happened in this chapter really. Those new characters have horrific names yet again: Kubo should really research foreign names a bit more before he makes up these characters.

Agreed.

Nov 2, 2014 7:45 AM
Mar 2012
I feel like I know half these new characters from past arcs. There's even a grimmjow.
Jun 8, 2017 3:06 PM

Feb 2013
What are they even doing in Hueco Mundo?
Oct 8, 2022 9:48 AM

Apr 2021
That's true tho, everyone's gonna keep an eye on Uryu now. So there's not much he can do.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.