Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 8, 2013 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
Hmm.. 7 or 8.. chose 8 cuz I'm a nice guy.
Aug 8, 2013 8:49 AM

May 2010
ahh such a good movie. really not what i expected..but in this case i really likes being surprised :)

ending was predictable once u knew whats up but Usamaro really made this soo much fun to watch :D

also the background art loooked amazing ..the soundtrack is very good and the animation is really good also. i watched it in 1080p

solid 8/10!
Aug 8, 2013 10:22 AM

May 2010
It's not so bad but I was expecting more action and I think the story could be improve for example how come there is no villain (other than the phatom train and those little things that cover up the whole city) that relates to Usamaro?

I believe if they had one the story and character relationship between Rin and Usamaro could be more deeper

Art: 8/10
Animation: 8/10
Story: 5/10

So overall: 7/10
Aug 8, 2013 10:46 AM
Jan 2010
Manly tears were shed
Aug 8, 2013 9:39 PM

Apr 2011
Hello guys!

I haven't watched Ao no Exorcist anime tv series..
is the movie stand-alone? I want to watch it :p

thanx!
Aug 9, 2013 2:52 PM

Nov 2010
That was one heck of a Quality Movie with so much eye for detail
Quite unexpected from a shounen, which provide us with mediocre movies to milk out a franchise

With a friend theme that beat Naruto for sure
At times I thought Kuro was voicing Usamaru's Character
So it was extra cute seeing them dining together from Rin's cooking

Wouldn't mind a second series as well now
Aug 9, 2013 4:52 PM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
Well overall the movie started off pretty strong and I was really into it. However, the middle part felt a bit slow and then, there's that new kid which I'm not a fan of. Uh, the ending was predictable for me, it was anticlimactic. [...] The plot was loose for me so I'll just rate this a 6/10 now. Eh ya...

Pretty much this. It's was just ok. Some scenes were really drawn-out. They were constantly falling, but I never felt any sense of danger. Meh.
Aug 9, 2013 11:26 PM

Oct 2008
I adored Usamaru. I have a thing for children that are just learning about the world they've come to and are soon snatched from life in some way or form. *snifflesUshiosniffles*

Loved the movie. If Rin had cried even ONE tear in the end, I would have lost it.

Aug 9, 2013 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
CrescentYozora25 said:
Hello guys!

I haven't watched Ao no Exorcist anime tv series..
is the movie stand-alone? I want to watch it :p

thanx!

It's not standalone. Watch the series first otherwise you will have a lot of spoilers.

Aug 9, 2013 11:44 PM

Aug 2012
Better than I expected(well after the HxH movie anything would look better) but I couldn't get over some of the great animation bits, especially during the Phantom Train scene at the beginning. OST was very good as well.

Usamaro was a pretty good shounen movie center character, I actually cared about what happened to him.
Aug 10, 2013 9:17 AM
Feb 2011
The animation is absolutely magnificent, like you could freeze any frame and it would look like a very detailed artwork. The soundtrack does not disappoint and I daresay it's what ultimately sold the movie, right next to the art. The story, sadly, is not laudable.

Also, is it canon in the story that the more despicable a demon is, the uglier it is? All the friendly, non-antagonistic demons seem to be cute and fluffy.
Aug 10, 2013 1:26 PM
May 2012
just your generic shonen movie adaptation, nothing to be expected here ... 5/10 because average as fuck
Aug 10, 2013 10:29 PM

Dec 2011
a pretty good movie, at least it's enjoyable i guess

//cries over those awesome BG ;____; and hnnnnngggggghhh Kugyuu as Usamaro.
Aug 13, 2013 7:55 AM

Jan 2012
at last............
i can still feel those feels in the end ;A;
Aug 14, 2013 1:58 PM

May 2013
Great movie, although I've seen this kind of plot plenty of times in other anime movies, Usamaro and Rin just made me shed a tear. Usamaro is freaking cute, the white haired dude wasn't as I expected him to be. I expected him to be evil, much much more evil.
Aug 15, 2013 9:01 AM

Sep 2011
i thought it was pretty touching, wasnt expecting much and ended up enjoying it alot, it acts as good proof that the animation company can stand its own ground, hope a 2nd season does happen

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 19, 2013 2:37 AM

Jan 2012
I really, really liked Usamaro. I cared about what happened to him, so this movie gave me feels.

A little predictable, and of course the main characters were never in any real danger, but still a good watch.

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 8:05 AM

Aug 2008
Me too, I won't forget. I won't forget how great this movie was!
Aug 23, 2013 6:54 AM

May 2013
The animation is crazy. The story is not bad. Usamaro was so cute. He was not at fault here. He just didn't have someone tell him that was wrong. This movie surely made me wanted to start the manga now.
Aug 25, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2009
Gave me the feels.
Aug 27, 2013 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
I still don't get where did all that coal tar come from ?

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Aug 27, 2013 2:35 PM

Dec 2011
well that sure was awesome and sad, I had so many feels while watching it..

Aug 27, 2013 4:53 PM

May 2012
A really great movie if you ask me, a whole new story to the wonderful world of Ao no Exorcist! The new character in this movie had a really great story behind it and also a very nice voice actor! I really enjoyed the whole story development of this movie and the ending was very awesome!

A great movie I must say! Lets see what the Movie Specials have to offer!
Sep 2, 2013 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
It was amazing. Usamaro is so cute and the movie was sad and beautiful. Damn Usamaro is adorable and when he's with Rin it's so much more better. Their moments together are so cute. The way it ended was so sad though. ;-; I loved it a lot. Gave me so much feels. T^T
Sep 2, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
so much feels too bad Usamaro have to die
Sep 16, 2013 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, I won't forget...how visually appealing this movie was. ^_^ Thoroughly enjoyed the colorful and detailed artwork and the nice animation. The story was touching...yes, that one too I won't forget it.
Sep 20, 2013 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Not bad. it was enjoyable. and the ending song was nice. 8/10
Sep 22, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2010
woooooo this movie sucked balls.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Sep 29, 2013 1:59 PM

Aug 2011
It was pretty good for an original story, really missed the Ao no cast.

Hopefully one day they can do a real adaptation Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood

7/10
Sep 29, 2013 7:16 PM

Oct 2012
Ok so when Mephisto and the hampster were talking at the end. They say the ending in this book is different and Mephisto says something about not liking the ending to it very much, but he rewrote it anyway. Soooo there talking about what happened in the past i guess? So, i wonder what really happened? Huh.
Anywho, thought it was a good movie.
Sep 29, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2013
i heard some rap music when Rin, Yukio and Shiemi was on the Fantom Train mission
what music is it XD

btw, Rin is still hot head and even unresponsible for some his actions O_0

but i like the end ... when Usamari sacrificed himself, ate another's memories expect for Rin T_T
Oct 15, 2013 2:42 AM
Aug 2011
That was actually quite entertaining even if there wasn't as much action as I expected. I liked it.
Rin taking care of Usamaro was really cute, not gonna lie. I have a soft spot for things like that.

I've watched HxH Phantom Troupe and Fairy Tail Houou no Miko and I thought this was more enjoyable to watch than those two.
I even missed the TV series a little bit...what a shame that A-1 butchered it.

Anyway, there were some parts from around 20 minutes all the way until the end that felt like they were just thrown around haphazardly like how did so much coal tar gather around suddenly?
Also, if Usamaro ate everyone's memories so they would skip work and go to the festival instead, then why did Yukio and the Taiwanese guy (sorry I forgot his name) not forget their job?
standOct 15, 2013 2:48 AM
Dec 6, 2013 5:34 AM

Jan 2010
The plot is very predictable, but beside that, it's a good movie imo.
need more shura tho
7/10
Dec 9, 2013 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
Rin was less annoying this time.
Dec 18, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
I want to cry -_________- :"|!! great movie 8/10

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 21, 2013 8:59 PM

Dec 2009
Honestly - did anyone want to just LOVE this movie but it kind of fell flat to you?? *raises hand* Don't get me wrong, GOOD movie - but definitely not great.

The art and animation was beyond fantastic dat festival, coal-tar and academy scenes, the music was good, and all the character interactions were adorable or emotional. Best part was that it was faithful to Katou's art style a looot more than the original series and looked gorgeous from beginning to end, seriously. Unff.

Did anyone also notice all the geeky references in Rin's dorm room?? Oh my gawd, Star Wars was there! Haha.

Anyways, I wasn't able to get attached to Usamaro - at all. The movie was barely an hour and thirty minutes so the entire first 10-20 minutes was literally setting up the theme/tone for the movie and Usamaro's debut. Then, you had to wait until the fluff was all done with to get to the real reason he was the way he was, it's applied to the story and then boom....it's the climax of the movie and then end. So, I couldn't be that sad at all at the end when everyone was crying or "having feels" - I just couldn't. I wasn't invested in his character that much.

I think it would have benefited from expanding more on or flushing out:

• Usamaro's background and motivations
  • The-once-every-11-years festival
  • Cheng-Long Liu

Literally, those three things expanded on would have raised it from being a "pretty good move" to "amazing" almost instantly. I felt Cheng-Long Liu was just kind thrown in the movie for a 'badass' or 'cool' character archetype and to deliver one of the last lines in the movie that kind of made sense after the credits rolled and that's it. There also wasn't much action at all to be had save for the beginning and end of the movie.

So, I'm giving it a good solid 8. I'm also saying it's adorable, gorgeous, has good music but relies too much on style and 'moe' and lacks in terms of story overall.
Dec 24, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
the animation it self was really well done it had good music choice some good action but sadly not enough real action i missed that here but the story was well done to so i really enjoyed watching it.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 10, 2014 11:03 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty good movie in my opinion. Story was simple but very good!

Soundtrack was awesome too!

9/10 would rewatch!
Feb 16, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2012
The animation is cool, Good BGM, Nice Action (although there are a few scenes that made ​​me bored), Story quite nice. :)

Mar 2, 2014 12:34 AM
Nov 2013
Yukio lamentable one of the worst characters of all time is popular with the girls.
Yukio four one hideous eye no personality.
become popular with the girls in anime are the same.
Mar 7, 2014 12:00 PM
May 2012
Well, it was an enjoyable movie with great animation and music; I enjoyed watching it even though I already predicted what will happen to the story and I was right about it.
Usamaro voiced by Kugimiya Rie is adorable, too bad he died at the end. I will never forget the memories too~
It has been a while already since I watched the Ao no Exorcist TV Anime and it's good to see them again.
I'm really hoping for a second season and they should really follow the Manga this time!!!! I am going to read the Manga sooner or later :3
I am sleepy as fuck while watching this movie probably because I woke up early, but I still get the movie and its awesomeness. I guess I should sleep already. Thank you ^^
Mar 21, 2014 11:59 PM

May 2012
It's been a little over a year now since I've seen the anime so it was good to visit with these characters again. Story-wise, it was pretty good. Just with his time during the movie, I grew to like Usamaro more than the majority of characters in the show and even though I knew it was coming, it was sad to see him go. It was really lacking in action but the animation and soundtrack were great.

Would normally give it a 7 but since unlike a lot of the anime movies I've seen lately, it actually made me feel something I'll go up to 8.
Apr 17, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2012
Well it was nice to see the Exorcist crew after a looong time! The movie was awesome, it definitely has that unique feeling that only they can give. The music is sooo good, minna! check out the OST "Blue"
Jul 29, 2014 9:42 AM

Apr 2014
I liked it from how it started it, it began with great animation and I couldn't help but to notice how good it was throughout the movie.
The naked time with the demon child weirded me out and I disliked it but I brushed it off.

Surprised to see whatshisface as a Paladin still, I woulda guessed the series happenings did something about that. OR so I assume this movie is set after the series.
And again with that puppet guy..wish he had more of a plot to him.

Overall, Rin makes a cool dad-figure.
Dec 23, 2014 8:10 PM

Apr 2014
"you're annoying bald"
"i'm not annoying i'm arthur auguste angel" *tooth shines*
Sep 22, 2015 3:04 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Not the best movie, was hoping for something else.
But It was nice to watch, and felt a bit sad at the end.

Oct 9, 2016 1:52 AM
Oct 2014
Good animation, but the movie make me sleepy twice.
Its not like the story is bad, the story is good, but not that good.
Beside im not really get the ending.

What exactly happened after Usamaro ate the black matter? We only saw Rin wake in his room after that.
Did Usamaro really died?
How can Rin still remember him?
Why Cheng-Long Liu seems still remember something(Usamaro) ?
Jan 2, 2017 10:05 PM

Nov 2010
Since this is a movie I don't think that you need to read anything in the manga. Uhhh. In relatance to the actual series I don't think that there is any spoilers if you haven't finished the first season, either. Well, the scenes of the flashbacks with Daddy Shiro are in some of them but other than that there isn't anything that'll spoil the ending I don't think.

DUUUDEEE. This city is so beautiful. I have no idea where they are but it's just gorgeous. I love all of the detail in this city and the festival preparations are just wonderful. It's lit, fam. Rin, Yukio, and Shiemi are chosen to go on a mission where they have to stop the demon possessing the train before they go on to Gehenna. of course, Shiemi sees the ghosts inside and, with the help of Rin, go in and try to send off everybody's spirits to pass on leaving the perfect plan that Yukio had intended to go into ruin. HAHA. Of course. While they are going on their mission, Shura and the others, along with a new character that sounds like he's being voiced by Todd Haberkorn (Yes, I'm watching the dub because it's actually great), are there on another mission to seal off some sort of water gate.

Now with the train thing away, Rin falls into the water and gets out to find some sort of kid. There was a story in the beginning where daddy Shiro was telling baby twins about the story of a demon kid meeting up with a boy. I wonder if this is the demon kid.

OOOH. We get to see who the new guy is and he's definitely good-looking. HAHA. MAN. I knew that I saw Mephisto's bumpy face on those ads along the walls in the train station. DUDE. Yukio totally collided into that thing.

They were put in trial because of the destruction of the actions of trying to save those ghosts. Shiemi and Rin have five days suspension as well as a written apology while Yukio has a demerit. Is that guy---OH, IT IS A PEZ MACHINE. Liu. That demon kid. HAHAHA. He's such a rabid animal, mang. He just crawls on everything like a rat.

HAHAHA. Yukio can be so harsh sometimes but you know that he does it because he loves Rin. Like he was totally against him bringing in the little demon but he made all of these chart things because he thought that Rin could use the help. HAHA. The demon kid can totally talk now and that description that Rin said was so... helpful in thinking of the smell.

Danggg. Even with one arm that doesn't stop Yukio from being able to aim. Liu seemed impressed. HAHHAA. Yukio couldn't aim that Pez candy into his mouth. Oh. I wonder where they are living. The Kyoto boys are back. HAHAHA. THAT'S SO CUTE. They all take a shower together to help Rin clean the little demon. HAHA. Kamiki. Poor girl, getting her skirt lifted. He's so curious. OMG> AND THE TOWN. OMGGG. THIS IS SO GORGEOUS. RIN is cooking. What is this, Shokugeki no Soma? HAHA. Awwww.

I love the outfits that the Kyoto boys are wearing now. They look so nice. I wonder what that organization is.

Angel is back. Oh, he's the Man of the Year, apparently. HAHA. And Shura still calls him 'baldy'. AW. Amaimon is still so cute as the hamster. Shima is still the pervy womanizer. HAHA. Shima sees Miss Leana but she's got a speciality in bugs. Of course, Shima. HAHAHA. They always get splashed.

Rin is, like, babysitting Osomaru (?). I already forgot his name. I'm probably going to botch it again. Osomaru found the demon book that Shiro read to the twins back then. I am still wondering if this is about him. OH, IT IS. It's probably about him. OH, NO. WHY DO YOU GET SO CLOSE, OSOMARU. THAT'S CREEPY AS HELL. I wonder what he just did. Did he just make Rin forget that he even had homework? Man, Yukio. I hope that nothing bad happens to Yukio because Osomaru totally wouldn't like Yukio. What if Osomaru made Rin forget about Yukio like he had with the homework?

OMG. YAY. BASEBALL. I love it when baseball is involved!`` HAHA. Bon gets so fired up when Rin comes up. HAHAHA. SHIMA. YOU DIDN'T CATCH IT. Shiemi. What are you doing. HAHAHA. Kamiki is just walking. HAHA. Konekomaru helping Osomaru out. omggg. that's so adorable. The baseball game was a lot of fun.

The Kyoto boys continued to get splashed in different colors of goo and then hanging out with Rin and Osomaru during their lunch break. They're playing with the demon just like in the book. Uh ohhh. They're working those books---OMG. SHIMA IS TOUCHING A MOTH. WTF. POOR BABIES. THEY'RE BEING OVERWORKED. Osomaru really is innocent he's just got a childs' mindlike and wants to help. OH, NO. THAT CREEPY CLOSE-UP.

Whelp. Now everybody is going to the festival. Everybody forgot that they are going to be working and is at the festival now. Everybody is in full festival. Nobody remembers because Osomaru wiped his memory.

Man. This bunny festival is so nice. All of the scenary parts makes it really feel like a movie. Those memories. Omg. All of the ones that were from the actual series. DADDY SHIRO. OMGGG. WHOA. HE'S FORGOTTEN ABOUT DADDY NOW.

WHOA. Rin has reached out and grabbed onto the memories that Osomaru took away.

Wait. What if his name was spelled Usamaru. "Usa" like bunny. Omg. That's got to be it, right. Oh. So Liu is connected to them, of course. It was his people that had originally took into Usamaru but Usamaru is a demon still and feeds on the memories and their souls. Those little black soots are so cute, actually. Aww. Usamaru is still wearing his mask. He thinks that he's doing something nice. I can see that. He just wants people to be happy. I wonder where Yukio keeps all of those bullets.

Rin just grabs Usamaru by his ears. HAHA. Aww. And then tells Usamaru that since he just wants to make everyone happy that he's a good guy. Awe. Rin is so cute to Usamaru. omg. Don't shoot him, Yukio. HAHA. Rin says that he's going to have Usamaru to come live with him and Yukio as another brother but the look on Usamaru's face makes it seem like he's going to do something that'll probably sacrifice him. OH, those little boys from the beginning of the movie!

The boys are falling and Rin has them saved thanks to his sword. He's holding onto Yukio and Yukio is forced to use his injured hand but he drops his gun. OMG. Usamaru is totally going to sacrifice himself. The music in this anime is so frickin' good, mang. Ugh. Usamaru. Aw. He's reflecting. Omg. My heart.

AHHHH. HAHAHAHA. I SEE TEGAMI-BACHI IN RIN'S BOOKSHELVES. Everybody has forgotten Usamaru it seems like, well, besides Rin. omg. It's snowing. Is everything back to normal? uhhh.

Whelp. I've finished it. It was such a great movie. I love the sketches at the end.
Jan 27, 2017 2:45 PM
Apr 2014
Generic and cliche story, worthy of a Naruto filler movie.
The artstyle was very nice I guess but that's to be expected from a movie, 1/10.
Drake1000Jan 27, 2017 5:16 PM
Nov 1, 2017 5:13 AM

Jan 2016
I don't know why but it made me a bit teary.. Damn I really want him to be Rin's 3rd brother ._.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is this movie canon?

MrYandereFan26 - May 14, 2021

4 by jenna1337 »»
Apr 20, 2022 12:14 AM

» Ao No Exorcist Movie Ending

Spicecube - Mar 21, 2014

3 by o_Khoi »»
Oct 3, 2018 5:47 PM

» Preview

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2012

18 by BlackFox24 »»
Jun 28, 2015 11:48 PM

» Anyone know who is going to sub this

ZeroMoon - Jul 16, 2013

5 by Montaunte »»
Aug 21, 2013 8:27 AM

» Ao no Exorcist movie dubbed to be aired in theaters August 2013. (United States)

Paul - Jun 17, 2013

12 by Stark700 »»
Jul 23, 2013 7:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.