Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 3, 2013 4:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wasn't this by the guy who made Fist from the North Star? The character designs are very retro (NOSES!).

The story wasn't too compelling though and I think those 2 are a bit too overpowered to make this a good show. Lets see.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 3, 2013 5:20 AM
May 2008
watched about half the episode didn't click for me at all.
Jul 3, 2013 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm. Wasn't that great for a start. Going to wait for the 2nd episode to see if it's worth watching.
Jul 3, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2012
Nothing special, but wasn't horrible. I'll give it one more ep.
Jul 3, 2013 9:07 AM

Nov 2010
Kinda unimpressed, I will keep watching. But the art felt very static, the voices were a little off, and I don't know about the story. Hopefully it will be interesting.
Jul 3, 2013 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
Reminds me of JoJo, I hope it is good enough to spare me from seeing all these weak looking bishonen that is plaguing nowadays anime.
Jul 3, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2011
Man. That was MANLY. Anime of the year.
Jul 3, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2011
waiting for the next episode to better judge it
Jul 3, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
Not sure how I feel yet going to wait until episode 2 to decide.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jul 3, 2013 10:11 PM
Jun 2013
So far enjoying episode 1 with the manliness and the hot mature women. Would've enjoyed more if it's faster-paced and darker. But then again maybe I'm expecting too much Hokuto no Ken from it. Definitely looking forward to episode 2.
Jul 4, 2013 6:04 AM

Nov 2010
Nice body bro ...

Apart from jokes, i liked it. wasn't as bad as everyone was saying.
Music was good too.
Jul 4, 2013 7:59 AM
Jul 2011
downloaded it...watched it up until the opening and turned it off. Not my style...I hope if this show is good I'll hear about it around the end of the season and then add it to my list of stuff to watch!
Jul 4, 2013 4:28 PM

Dec 2010
jkun said:
Kerozinn said:
ok this screams low budget..just horrible! insta dropped.

Thank you very much for your niceness, but could you plesae bring me some toiilet paper? Cause it was drawn like shit.
Jul 4, 2013 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Jojo 2?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 5, 2013 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
jkun said:
Kerozinn said:
herp derp

if you don't like the show then go watch something else. why are you still posting here? I am beginning to think you're one of those kids who changes his/her age online in order to fit in with everyone else in certain discussions.

I came to this thread to say you're being really rude and ignorant and you honestly need to stop.
Jul 5, 2013 8:45 PM

Apr 2008
tearofmankind said:
I came to this thread to say you're being really rude and ignorant and you honestly need to stop.

I will politely decline your request and in return ask you to stop being rude towards me.

If I am breaking any rules I am sure I will be contacted by a moderator.
Jul 5, 2013 10:50 PM
Dec 2012
I have mixed feeling about the series after the first episode but I'll see out it turns out in the next episode.
Jul 6, 2013 1:14 PM

Feb 2012
I actually enjoyed the first episode, even if the pacing seems very slow and the animation being low budget and all. Seems the manliness appeals to me. I will be sticking with this series till the end.
Jul 7, 2013 3:02 AM

Mar 2013
Definitely not the best of this season but it's fine so far. I got kinda confused through the whole episode, I don't know if it's just me but I couldn't get into the plot. I had to pay A LOT of attention to understand it. It was okay, I'll give this show an opportunity.
Jul 7, 2013 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
Disappointed from the first episode. Hopefully it can get a lot better.
Jul 7, 2013 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
It is indeed low budget, but I don't really see why this is bad. Actually, it's pretty interesting and particular in its own way. Also, I can sense some strong bromance.
And ... bromance is cool.

Anyway, manly anime for menly men. I like it.

rederoin said:
Kerozinn said:
jkun said:

this was an enjoyable first episode

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XJ97Xqv.jpg[mg]

You must hate fun things.

DUDE, THAT PIC MADE MY DAY.
Jul 7, 2013 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
5.87 score, pretty low by MAL standards, I don't see what so bad about it ignoring the QUALITY.
Jul 8, 2013 8:10 AM
Nov 2008
I find it quite ordinary, but the score is lower than I would expect. Well, that proves that people will like more stupid anime if it only looks better.
Jul 8, 2013 11:11 AM
Oct 2011
castawayintime said:
Definitely not the best of this season but it's fine so far. I got kinda confused through the whole episode, I don't know if it's just me but I couldn't get into the plot. I had to pay A LOT of attention to understand it. It was okay, I'll give this show an opportunity.
Knowing the Sengoku/Warring States era would make it better to understand. Playing some Sengkou-based games, and there are a lot of those, made it easier for me to understand what's going on. I didn't get everything, obviously, but the point of the show was pretty clear, for everyone: It's gonna be a GAR bromance anime, so people shouldn't expect more than that.

Budget wasn't that great, but still not that bad. The episode as a whole was pretty good for what it is. Though I can see it's not for everyone.

Pretty much best anime of the season for me so far.
Candor123Jul 8, 2013 11:19 AM
Jul 8, 2013 3:25 PM
Jul 2012
Monde11 said:
5.87 score, pretty low by MAL standards, I don't see what so bad about it ignoring the QUALITY.

this. It ain't that bad animation. The score will go back up.
Jul 9, 2013 11:06 AM

May 2009
Everything was so.... BIG.
The close-ups are BIG BIG heads, the long shots are BIG BIG bodies with tiny tiny heads and a few elephants can fit into their necks.

Everything was so disproportionate. They had some interesting character designs to use, but they just made bad puppets out of them.

Too slow anyhow. Not watching. I didn't even cross the half mark. It was just too.. imma-gonna-muscle-in-yo-face!
O_o

o_O did I just say that?
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 9, 2013 11:09 AM

Aug 2011
So much GAR
So much bro.

I love this :'D

jkun said:
tearofmankind said:

I will politely decline your request and in return ask you to stop being rude towards me.

If I am breaking any rules I am sure I will be contacted by a moderator.

You're not breaking any rules but saying ''If you don't like it watch something else'' is one of the most stupid things any person can say.
Jul 9, 2013 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
It's alright but hope it gets more interesting. Don't see why people rate an anime on the first episode xD
Jul 9, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
Although I am a fan of Sengoku story and game, this episode is really boring to watch.
I have no problem with the animation or the Sengoku heroes being on steroids, but they really need to work on the plot. If the story still boring next episode, I have to drop.

However, I do appreciate them to doing a respectable historical genre into the mist of current disturbing trend of excessive moe, fanservice, ecchi, and homo theme anime.
Jul 9, 2013 11:26 PM

Sep 2007
ihateeveryone said:
jkun said:
Kerozinn said:
herp derp

if you don't like the show then go watch something else. why are you still posting here? I am beginning to think you're one of those kids who changes his/her age online in order to fit in with everyone else in certain discussions.

I came to this thread to discuss epsiode 1 of this anime. However, for someone reprimanding another user for being rude, perhaps you should have picked a better and less abrasive and emo username. Get over yourself.

As far as the anime, idc about the low budget quality. There are far too many cookie-cutter anime getting high budgets. I like my rom-coms and slice of life series as much as any fan of those styles, but damn, the market seems to be saturated with harem anime. It's nice to see a historical piece of some sort, even if the first episode was rather slow. I'll watch episode 2 and see how it goes.
Jul 10, 2013 1:53 PM
Mar 2012
Samurai/historical/bromance theme sounded interesting but it was quite boring. :/
And the art/animation is just terrible. A different style is nice sometimes - but this is just incredibly bad.
So: dropped. I think I've never dropped anything DURING the first episode, so this is a first.
Jul 12, 2013 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
No, unfortunately this one will not be my favorite this season.

It was like meh the whole time, but I didn't really expect much anyway, being such a low-budget series.

Jul 14, 2013 8:07 AM
Jun 2013
Sorry, wasn't a huge fan of the biwa song... but overall, it was better than I thought it would be. I'll continue watching.
Jul 16, 2013 12:12 PM
Jul 2012
There is something wrong with their faces and necks.
Jul 17, 2013 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
VTOtaku said:
perhaps you should have picked a better and less abrasive and emo username. Get over yourself.

>emo username

Because this is totally as bad as xxlifeiscruelxx or lostandforgottensoul or anything of the likes, eh?

If people are offended by my username, well, that's not really my problem.
Jul 27, 2013 5:41 PM

May 2013
OP was alright. ED gave me this traditional feeling.

Characters are Keiji Maeda, Kanetsugu Naoe, and Kagekatsu Uesugi.

I'm still wondering what happened to Keiji's hair.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 17, 2013 8:23 AM

Jun 2011
Fireego said:

I'm still wondering what happened to Keiji's hair.

Lol me too. He probably lost it in that whatever uwanariuchi battle lol.

Seriously, I like it so much, well but then I am kinda biased toward sengoku era :) <3 Will keep watching for the GAR-ness and male bonding. Who cares about low budget anyway, it fits the show.
ToG25thBaamFeb 24, 2014 4:14 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 27, 2013 1:33 PM

Nov 2011
Dat axe~

To too bad I guess but I wasn't into it much. Action was okay I guess.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why so veery underrated

DateYutaka - Aug 17, 2013

46 by valoon »»
Feb 21, 2019 4:38 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 8 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 20, 2013

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 11:17 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 7 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 13, 2013

11 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 10:57 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 6 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 6, 2013

12 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 5:30 AM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 4 Discussion

ellisca - Jul 23, 2013

16 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 24, 2014 4:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.