Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2009 7:35 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished the series today, and I have to say it's not bad. The final episode was really far-fetched. Seriously. Are you honestly telling me that a pep talk like what Joe A received would really take less than 10 seconds? I don't think so. Not unless time stopped, and they were using telepathy.

The animation wasn't terrible, but I've definitely seen better. All-in-all, a decent little series, and we got the ending we figured we'd get.

But now that I've seen the whole thing, I can't help but wonder why they left so many damn openings, and plots with no closure to them. I mean, even the opening theme doesn't make sense anymore. I thought for sure the kid was going to be in surgery, and Joe A was going to choose to fight in the final match in his name. But no. There was no hospital except during the scenes when we see Juli/Julie as a child.

BTW, top notch subs on AnimeWho's DVD. Sheesh. They need a few lessons from fansubbers on how to get things right. :P
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 24, 2013 5:41 AM

Nov 2008
This was a pain to watch. The last fight was ridiculous.
Jul 10, 2015 3:08 AM
Apr 2015
kevin_video said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished the series today, and I have to say it's not bad. The final episode was really far-fetched. Seriously. Are you honestly telling me that a pep talk like what Joe A received would really take less than 10 seconds? I don't think so. Not unless time stopped, and they were using telepathy.

The animation wasn't terrible, but I've definitely seen better. All-in-all, a decent little series, and we got the ending we figured we'd get.

But now that I've seen the whole thing, I can't help but wonder why they left so many damn openings, and plots with no closure to them. I mean, even the opening theme doesn't make sense anymore. I thought for sure the kid was going to be in surgery, and Joe A was going to choose to fight in the final match in his name. But no. There was no hospital except during the scenes when we see Juli/Julie as a child.

BTW, top notch subs on AnimeWho's DVD. Sheesh. They need a few lessons from fansubbers on how to get things right. :P

kevin_video, where do you watch it? Or you already download it?
Apr 6, 2021 5:04 AM
Jul 2010
A good little series, it was made for the 30th anniversary of Ashita No Joe. This isn't a very popular series though, but it was dubbed in English and the dub was pretty good to be honest with some popular voice actors even being included in it. There was bloopers as well which were pretty funny.

A good ending, the fight between the two Joe's was interesting and the love story with Maki and Joe Yuuki was concluded in the end of the episode. I feel like most of the plotlines were solved but obviously with a six episode series you definitely feel like more could have been done.

I'm excited to check out Megalo Box because that is also a series made to celebrate the anniversary of Ashita No Joe, and in it's case, it is for the 50th anniversary. It also just got a second season, so it's doing a lot better popularity wise than this anime did.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futari no Joe Episode 5 Discussion

VongolaXEspada - Apr 6, 2021

0 by VongolaXEspada »»
Apr 6, 2021 4:23 AM

Poll: » Futari no Joe Episode 4 Discussion

VongolaXEspada - Apr 6, 2021

0 by VongolaXEspada »»
Apr 6, 2021 4:17 AM

Poll: » Futari no Joe Episode 3 Discussion

VongolaXEspada - Mar 18, 2021

0 by VongolaXEspada »»
Mar 18, 2021 2:07 PM

Poll: » Futari no Joe Episode 2 Discussion

VongolaXEspada - Feb 9, 2021

0 by VongolaXEspada »»
Feb 9, 2021 11:44 AM

Poll: » Futari no Joe Episode 1 Discussion

VongolaXEspada - Feb 5, 2021

0 by VongolaXEspada »»
Feb 5, 2021 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.