Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
View Poll Results: Do you have one thing which you do not like about the internet
Yes

74 80.43%
No

10 10.87%
Not sure

8 8.70%
Voters: 92

Jul 1, 2013 5:21 AM
Now now stay calm of course we all love the internet, but what makes you feel like throwing the monitor (or do something insane) out of the window/killing?

The worst enemy of all in my opinion is advertisements( one example is where you see some 60 year old woman on a webcam then big bold text stating "Wants to Chat".

Jul 1, 2013 5:31 AM

For me, probably people who love to argue and bash others (may it be in comments sections of some sites or even in forums like these), yet fail to present facts that back up their claim. Flamers and trolls make forums interesting, but breaking up discussions for fun can be quite annoying too.

Another would be pop-ups and advertisements that suddenly play surprising, creepy music, but you already mentioned that.

Jul 1, 2013 6:16 AM

People talking out of their ass.
Forever lost.

Jul 1, 2013 6:20 AM

Advertisements can easily be done away with by using Adblock.

I don't hate the internet but there are certain types of people I wish would fuck off. These include people whose opinions are law, idiot young adolescents who attempt to be the baddest bitch on the internet, and weeaboos who use -chan -senpai, etc after everything. Attention whores are pretty irritating, too. Trolls can be funny/entertaining but for the most part they're just pests.

Jul 1, 2013 6:24 AM

Androssi said:
For me, probably people who love to argue and bash others (may it be in comments sections of some sites or even in forums like these), yet fail to present facts that back up their claim. Flamers and trolls make forums interesting, but breaking up discussions for fun can be quite annoying too.

Another would be pop-ups and advertisements that suddenly play surprising, creepy music, but you already mentioned that.

You don't want me to tell you my opinion on what you said and what color you used.

For me? New users that don't know their place, or people that jump the gun on other forums thinking that they can outwit you in at least something, so they can be proud of themselves while you just mind your own business.

Goddamn Italian forums sure are filled with fucking idiots.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Jul 1, 2013 6:32 AM

That I can't do anything about the people I find stupid or the people who annoy me. The worst I can do is hacking and I don't know how to do that so yea..

Jul 1, 2013 6:34 AM

Try-hards, circle jerking, armchair politicians, semantics, semantics, semantics, semantics, semantics.

Also most Dota 2 players.
Modified by Trapalicious, Jul 1, 2013 6:41 AM

Jul 1, 2013 6:40 AM

There isn't really anything I don't like, or would like to see done away with, in regard to the internet. Without the annoying parts, we'd quickly become jaded and forget how to enjoy it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Jul 1, 2013 6:41 AM

I hate trolls. I hate assholes. I hate grammar nazis (not really that much). I hate ignorants. I hate people who indulge in hypocrisy online just to get attention. But to think of it, I don't hate the internet.

Jul 1, 2013 6:46 AM

memes - half of them were barely funny the first time it was posted.
cyber parroting - Similar to memes but this is just the brainless repetition of phases or words that have been pushed around so freely it no longer bears any resemblance to it's the original meaning.

Jul 1, 2013 6:46 AM

TBH, issues with browsers. I'm currently using Maxthon, but I hate their download manager so i disabled it and download on Yahoo which remains easy for me - i just know it so well.

I like Maxthon but I find I am frustrated with every browser I try - to some extent or other. Its frustrating.

Jul 1, 2013 6:47 AM

I can't see my forehead

What can I say, I can't think of anything I hate about it.

I think the closest I get is that 10years ago it was something only certain type of people (people that I respected a bit more than the majority) would be active in making animations and music.

Nowadays because of new improved programs, the average joe, even a 7 year old can make animations and music now.. and a lot of it has just gone downhill..
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds

Jul 1, 2013 6:53 AM

Trapalicious said:
Try-hards, circle jerking, armchair politicians, semantics, semantics, semantics, semantics, semantics.

Also most Dota 2 players.
42minutes and lvl 14 ? .. sorry but thats horrible :D

I HATE "TROLLS" !!

Jul 1, 2013 7:12 AM

There's this thing called having fun, it's pretty great. Of course a trilane offline is also ridiculous, but that's why it's hilarious.

Treating every game like you're practising for the TI3 is what's wrong with the Dota community.

Jul 1, 2013 7:13 AM

SonicFags.

Jul 1, 2013 7:14 AM
A lot of people, and when people I don't like but know in real life talk to me on facebook, and facebook decides to show them that I've seen their message.

Jul 1, 2013 7:22 AM

Insincerity.

Bigotry.

Hate.

Jul 1, 2013 8:12 AM
When people feel the need to take the time out of their day to argue and/or get asshurt when they could have been doing something more productive especially those who keep on talking when they don't know what they're talking about

Jul 1, 2013 9:23 AM
People who try too hard to be funny.

Jul 1, 2013 9:42 AM

Seikunai said:
I hate trolls. I hate assholes. I hate grammar nazis (not really that much). I hate ignorants. I hate people who indulge in hypocrisy online just to get attention. But to think of it, I don't hate the internet.

Pretty much all this.

Jul 1, 2013 10:03 AM

Video games.

Jul 1, 2013 10:14 AM

Trolls and thread hijackers are minor annoyances, but once you know they just want to get a reaction out of you it's easy enough to just ignore them.

So overall I have no major problems with the internet.

Jul 1, 2013 10:24 AM
People making fun of others through the internet thinking they are superior.

Jul 1, 2013 10:55 AM
Litmus Test

When my router stops giving me internet for no good reason.

Esquirtit said:
Rei is the most boring, fish-faced, nude
blue haired anxiety induced piece of slutty
whorish daddy issue fucking EVA deepthroating
LCL crackwhore

Jul 1, 2013 10:58 AM
Ads with text links. When are they going away?(using adblock btw.)

People arguing too seriously while making fun at people. Though sarcastic is fine, but serious about it is a major no.

Jul 1, 2013 11:03 AM

Tagredan said:

Isn't real life the same though?

Jul 1, 2013 11:03 AM

Smartasses

Jul 1, 2013 11:40 AM

You.

Jul 1, 2013 11:44 AM

rawporcelain said:
Tagredan said:

Isn't real life the same though?
People are too afraid of saying it in real life though.

Jul 1, 2013 11:58 AM

When my shit won't download. DO YOU SEE ME!? I AM THE HOLY PROPAGATOR OF ALL YOU CHERISH! GIVE MY ENTITLED ASS FREE SHIT!

In reality I hate the whiners. Wow, I feel a tinge of irony.

Jul 1, 2013 11:59 AM

The one thing I hate about the internet is people who use "u", "ur", and other retarded shit like that. That is all.

Jul 1, 2013 12:00 PM

I'm also gonna go ahead and raise my hand to not being able to slap people through the internet.

Jul 1, 2013 12:45 PM

People who say what they could never say in real life because they'd get a good slap across their face, so trolls and the like I guess.

Other than that, everyone else is acceptable I guess.

Jul 1, 2013 12:47 PM

Just as in real life, stereotypes, some are unavoidable, and it's irritating.

Jul 1, 2013 12:55 PM

i hate ppl that are mean on the internet just for the heck of it
while in rl they are cowards or introverts

Jul 1, 2013 12:56 PM

Ever heard this saying? "Games don't make us Violent, Lag makes us violent."

Jul 1, 2013 12:58 PM

I hate it when a 10 year old is on forums somewhere asking about where babies come from or how there so bored and have nothing to do.

I didn't even know how to use a computer until I was like 13(I guess I was too busy riding my bike)

I consider myself lucky I actually went outside and played with toys for hours as a kid and didn't go online from 8am-8pm(I mean little kids should know how to entertain themselves, this is why they get bored and depressed)

another thing is troll faces(the comics) I don't like them

I don't like people who are like

* wrong kind of your

then they say something like

What are you 10 or something!!!

I made a stupid typo...

anyway
other things I hate about the internet

1. stickman sniper gamees
2. someone on one of those empty drawing sites making pictures of demonic resurrection things
3. People who make fun of others coding skills(some of us have lives outside of the internet)
4. a lot of youtube
like those videos where they play a quick clip from a popular movie and and something to it like those goat pictures
5. not asking someone what there username means

-someone thought I was a hipster, and said what are you trying to be "cool" like your name. Its from a red dot with sun glasses Iam not trying to be cool.

anything about Mario cleaning peaches pipes or video game humor like that.....its sick and dumb
(but then most of you are sick and...so I guess its ok)

6. flagging something just because you don't agree....

Jul 1, 2013 1:00 PM

People who don't use the full advantages of the internet and believe whatever they're fed.

Just like troll articles posted on here, people believe them when they're clearly fake and begin talking trash about a particular group of people.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Jul 1, 2013 2:33 PM

All of you are actually saying what makes internet great not bad. I think it's great that all this people are allowed to get on each other nerves. That is what freedom is. Stop being such whiny bitches and enjoy it.

Jul 1, 2013 2:38 PM

Attention whores.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network

Jul 1, 2013 2:41 PM

CommanderJenny said:
Attention whores.

... Theres so much i want to say but at the same time i don't want to say anything.
Does that make sense?

Jul 1, 2013 2:43 PM

The trolls.
I hate stupid people.

Jul 1, 2013 2:45 PM

Monad said:
All of you are actually saying what makes internet great not bad. I think it's great that all this people are allowed to get on each other nerves. That is what freedom is. Stop being such whiny bitches and enjoy it.

I don't mind people arguing with one another or getting on each other's nerves, I actually enjoy it as well; However, when people make false accusations based off of fake sources, that's what just makes me face palm.

I remember there being a thread about some article stating a recall on all of Atlus games as 26 kids died trying to "summon their persona". The article and website was clearly fake, but on a whim, without doing any research the guy posted it up and just commented "Seriously America. I am speechless." Of course, when corrected, he apologized, which is fine, but some people actually do end up falling for these sort of things and make poor blatant remarks.

CommanderJenny said:
Attention whores.

hue
Modified by Ragix, Jul 1, 2013 2:48 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Jul 1, 2013 2:46 PM

Immahnoob said:
Androssi said:

You don't want me to tell you my opinion on what you said and what color you used.

For me? New users that don't know their place, or people that jump the gun on other forums thinking that they can outwit you in at least something, so they can be proud of themselves while you just mind your own business.

I sense elitism
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online

Jul 1, 2013 2:55 PM

SOExclusive said:
Immahnoob said:
Androssi said:

I sense elitism

That's called baiting...

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Jul 1, 2013 2:56 PM

the nerd rage

Jul 1, 2013 2:58 PM
Litmus Test

The self proclaimed "otakus".

Esquirtit said:
Rei is the most boring, fish-faced, nude
blue haired anxiety induced piece of slutty
whorish daddy issue fucking EVA deepthroating
LCL crackwhore

Jul 1, 2013 3:07 PM

I hate when my internet signal goes out and I am typing a reply to something and click submit and it goes to some white screen page thing. Lucky for me though I can back track and just click the back button, repair my signal and actually post the comment.

I also hate when I am clicking around on a site and then it goes to that 401 page or invalid url page. Happens with this site and Gaia!

Ugh! So annoying!

Jul 1, 2013 3:13 PM

What I hate

1.) A person who assume someone is a troll because they do not like the negative criticism they received
---Fuck those people. If you dont like to be criticized than stay the hell away from the discussion

2.) People that act like are to compassionate, act like anything and everything is just sweet and bright.
---Its just annoying, I consider those people to be fake as they are probably holding back their true feelings

3.) Elitist, Racist, Sexist- Pretty much all the negative "ist" type of people

I do not agree with people here about trolls. Trolls can be annoying, but I do not necessarily hate them. I understand that without this so call troll (idiot), the discussions I participate in might get boring.
The continuous troll is what I hate. After they have attempted or successfully trolled someone, they continue trolling on and on. Im cool with it here and there, but derailing the entire conversation with never ending troll attempts is just -_-
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online

Jul 1, 2013 3:46 PM

SOExclusive said:
What I hate

1.) A person who assume someone is a troll because they do not like the negative criticism they received
---Fuck those people. If you dont like to be criticized than stay the hell away from the discussion

Wouldn't that person be a pessimist, or for lack of a better word, a "hater"?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »