Forum Settings
Forums

Moderators Needed: Review Mod Nominations & News Mod Applications

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Jul 12, 2013 7:48 AM
RandomChampion said:
I nominate GodlyKyon.

He is extremely mature, objective, and peaceful.

RandomChampion you should read first message in this topic one more time.
Modified by Marasmus, Jul 12, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 12, 2013 8:06 AM

Looks like I'm like a month and a half too young xD oh well, this is good to hear, the more moderators the less spam reviews and recs.

Stark700 said:
Interesting topic and definitely curious to see how it goes. Gl to everyone!

I used to think you were already a mod, because you always started the episode discussions which usually notified me when a new episode was out lol. Good luck if you get a position.

Jul 14, 2013 9:47 AM

well honestly i wouldnt like if a 13 yo kid would be a mod, and teach me around and act with full might. so minimum 17 is okay. GOOD JOB MOD!

Jul 14, 2013 6:42 PM

To bad I'm not more active in the MAL community; it would have been awesome to be a Review/Recommendation Moderator. Good luck to those who are chosen ^_^

Jul 15, 2013 4:26 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Less than 20 hours left! So get your News Moderator applications and Review Moderator nominations in!

We've received a decent response so far, but much less than I was expecting. So don't be shy and send me a message, if you'd like, before the deadline is up!

Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab

Jul 15, 2013 12:59 PM

Want to be a New Mod but have no time. Oh well...I'll wait for another opening. Hopefully I can spare time when it comes by again.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」

Jul 16, 2013 1:42 AM
I would apply but I'm not ready for the world just yet :P

Good luck to the people that applied though ^_^

Jul 17, 2013 1:37 AM

I of all people should be a mod.

Jul 17, 2013 4:58 AM

It's about high time someone did this. The days of having an entire page dedicated to 1 line reviews will finally be over!
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot

Jul 17, 2013 3:17 PM

Wish i didn't go on a 15 days vacation now... or else i'd apply as a review mod>_>

Jul 18, 2013 4:32 AM

It's hilarious, I'd actually fulfill all restrictions to become a review moderator, but nobody knows me really well, so I guess I will not even try to apply. :P

I'm definitely wondering why the age restriction is needed. I mean, let me say, maturity doesn't depend on the physical age, but on the mental age. Sure, the chances that 18+ year-olds are likely more mature than 18- year-olds, but if a 16 year-old would fulfill all other restrictions, it would definitely mean that he's capable to properly cooperate with other 18+ moderators and is mature enough to deal with that job.

However if it's because there are Hentai reviews and recommendations, then I guess I can more or less understand the reason. But even if, everyone is able to look at the Hentai pages because there's no age block, therefore this would be an unwise reason for an age restriction, too. I am 20 years old, so it wouldn't matter for me, but I don't think it's necessary. You are qualified but can't join because you are two or three years too young. That's unfair in my opinion.

Jul 18, 2013 5:23 AM
#1 Star Wars Fan

Kirii-chan said:
It's hilarious, I'd actually fulfill all restrictions to become a review moderator, but nobody knows me really well, so I guess I will not even try to apply. :P

I'm definitely wondering why the age restriction is needed. I mean, let me say, maturity doesn't depend on the physical age, but on the mental age. Sure, the chances that 18+ year-olds are likely more mature than 18- year-olds, but if a 16 year-old would fulfill all other restrictions, it would definitely mean that he's capable to properly cooperate with other 18+ moderators and is mature enough to deal with that job.

However if it's because there are Hentai reviews and recommendations, then I guess I can more or less understand the reason. But even if, everyone is able to look at the Hentai pages because there's no age block, therefore this would be an unwise reason for an age restriction, too. I am 20 years old, so it wouldn't matter for me, but I don't think it's necessary. You are qualified but can't join because you are two or three years too young. That's unfair in my opinion.

Hello! Just wanted to say, please have a read of what Kineta said on the first page of comments, directly relating to your statement.

Jul 20, 2013 8:51 AM
Who is the staff now? It's have been five days already, and I getting impatient already.

Jul 20, 2013 9:43 AM
GoldenBRS said:
Who is the staff now? It's have been five days already, and I getting impatient already.

Just imagine!All mal users and only one person who examines all applications.

Jul 20, 2013 8:20 PM

I wouldn't mind becoming one, though I'm not sure if I can keep it up on a daily basis. Guess I'll just pass on this one...

Jul 21, 2013 7:28 AM

AtorasuShishi said:
I wouldn't mind becoming one, though I'm not sure if I can keep it up on a daily basis. Guess I'll just pass on this one...

Same here :D

Oh yeah! Also, nobody knows me here xD

Jul 22, 2013 7:26 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Big thanks again to everyone that applied and sent nominations our way!

One of the great benefits of these application processes is hearing from users I wouldn't normally, and we honestly appreciate each and every user's interest in improving our community. Unfortunately, we did get more applications and nominations than we have spots for moderators, so not everyone will make it. However, we strongly encourage anyone that didn't get a chance to apply or won't make it this time to keep contributing to the community for next time! :)

Everyone who did message me should have received a PM back confirming that I received their message. If you didn't, please message me again.

We hope to notify the community of the new staff in the next 1-2 weeks. All applicants/nominees will need to go through a second round of skill-testingbuilding questions, so the process isn't over yet! Once we decide which users will be moving to the second round, all applicants and nominees will receive notification of this decision. Please note that I will not be notifying the users that did the nominating. The community will only be notified once the new mods are on-board via another announcement thread.

Please be patient with us during this process and we'll let everyone know the results soon!
Modified by Kineta, Jul 22, 2013 7:29 AM

Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab

Jul 24, 2013 2:02 AM

I'm curious, why is there a difference of age between News and Review Moderators?

Like, you must be 18 for one and 17 for the other, what's the difference?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Jul 24, 2013 2:48 AM
#1 Star Wars Fan

Immahnoob said:
I'm curious, why is there a difference of age between News and Review Moderators?

Like, you must be 18 for one and 17 for the other, what's the difference?

Hi there, for that answer you'll have to read Kineta's comment on the first page where she gives several reasons. Thanks

Jul 24, 2013 12:06 PM
Resident Yandere

Aww...I missed out. :/

Jul 25, 2013 12:23 AM

Not 18 XP Oh well

Jul 29, 2013 9:54 AM

I'm 20 and have no life, please allow me to be a mod. Thank you!

Seriously. I don't know what English skill level I'm at, but I'd say advanced. I can't read Japanese at all but plan to this semester at college. I watch anime all day and night currently because it's summer, but during school I'll be doing the same but with classes breaking up the monotony.

Jul 29, 2013 12:01 PM
Debaser said:

It's a bit late,isnt it?
You should read the first message one more time.
"Review/Recommendation Moderator positions are nomination-based".
"Submissions for both moderator positions will be open for two weeks, ending on Monday, July 15, 2013 at 23:59".

Jul 31, 2013 4:07 AM

Akai_Tenshi said:
Debaser said:

It's a bit late,isnt it?
You should read the first message one more time.
"Review/Recommendation Moderator positions are nomination-based".
"Submissions for both moderator positions will be open for two weeks, ending on Monday, July 15, 2013 at 23:59".

Haha. Now I feel like a dumbass, where's the rope to hang myself?

I skim through everything when I read, my brain can't be bothered to stop.

Aug 2, 2013 2:17 AM

Not a good habit to have if you want to be a review moderator ^_^

Aug 4, 2013 6:46 PM

kajia said:
Not a good habit to have if you want to be a review moderator ^_^

I know. I probably would have been horrible anyway lol. You guys dodged a bullet there, huh. I just have an over abundance of time that's my only useful quality.

Aug 5, 2013 7:52 AM

18+? Darn it!

Aug 10, 2013 10:42 PM

moomoonya1 said:
I would like to do the reviews, but i don't know if anyone would nominate me

Lol

Same here, I haven't been active until recently =/

Aug 12, 2013 7:07 PM

still no announcement for new mods yet?

Aug 12, 2013 7:24 PM
Is it been a month? jeez getting way more longer as I thought.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]