Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 30, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2012
Sooo...
I was just thinking that it will be for sure another season for Aku no Hana.
What did you think about it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2013 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
Last I heard, it hasn't been selling well. So I doubt it.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jun 30, 2013 12:39 PM

May 2013
He obviously wants to do another season, but I don't see this making any money for the studio. I love it, and I definitely would like to see a second season, but it looks very doubtful.
Jun 30, 2013 1:20 PM
Apr 2011
The director stopped at the most awkward point in the manga. The only thing that you can expect from this is an OVA. Season 2 should be the time skip not the remaining chapters of the 1st arc.

Anyway like I said in one of my posts in another thread, the anime industry thrives because of the Japanese fans buying BDs and DVDs. Sales from the foreign fans won't even matter. Piss the fans and nobody will buy your shit.
Jun 30, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
Giddy as I'd like to be over the possibility of the rest of the middle school arc being adapted, I think sales will dictate the possibility of one being green-lighted or not. And considering how much controversy the title's rotoscoping and slow pace got, it's a tough call at this point.
Jun 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Apr 2012
I like to think that the fact that they showed a lot of footage from the second season at the end of episode 13 suggests that they're already a good length to completing the rest anyway, but just didn't have the air time available to show it all.

Since it's rotoscoped from live action footage, and they supposedly went to the trouble to set up all the scenes in those clips to prepare the live action, maybe they actually shot every scene already?

That might just be wishful thinking though, rather than there actually being any possibility. I don't know how these things go.
Jun 30, 2013 1:51 PM

Oct 2012
@Sideli- That's true. Maybe it's a Superman II situation where there are already such a high sunk cost that the studio is forced to continue the project.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jun 30, 2013 2:12 PM

May 2009
Zero chances, ZERO.
Jun 30, 2013 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
I honestly really hope for a 2nd season. But unfortunately the sales will decide that, it's a fact.
Jun 30, 2013 2:22 PM
Aug 2012
i really want a second season
Jun 30, 2013 2:30 PM

Aug 2008
I bet the second season will be a lot more interesting than first season. We (I lol) can easly said that after ep 13. I'm really curious about everything. High hopes for 2nd season.
Jun 30, 2013 2:31 PM
Jun 2013
One of the best anime series i've ever seen. Dropping 2nd season will be extremely disappointing.
Jun 30, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2012
It's basically confirmed.
Jun 30, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2009
lazyboy0337 said:
It's basically confirmed.

It's not. ZECXS never done a sequel and this shit will continue their tradition.
Jun 30, 2013 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
Don't worry about the sales. They only used around half of their budget with this first season.
There was a reason for all of that reused footage.

This show has already become a cult classic and is going to be remembered for years to come.
Jun 30, 2013 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
really hoping for a second season. this show became really interesting after about 5-6 episodes, but ended up being a masterpiece! and i mean, if they filmed it, they'll probably air it!
Jun 30, 2013 3:56 PM
Mar 2011
NickyCharisma said:
@Sideli- That's true. Maybe it's a Superman II situation where there are already such a high sunk cost that the studio is forced to continue the project.

especially that the upcoming chapters are the best parts. i mean at least the manga reader knows. why not air it? or release it. it doesnt really matter to me as long as i can see it. i dont mind buying it
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 30, 2013 4:07 PM

Sep 2010
Its good, but probably not good enough for a second season I'm afraid. Weill watch if it gets one now cause the rest of the arc was more interesting.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 30, 2013 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
Also didn't it increase interest in the manga? It certainly got people talking about it. If it boosts manga sales then that could be enough. Based on that, everything else people have said, and the whole "part 1" thing I think it's basically confirmed.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 30, 2013 4:41 PM

Dec 2012
Roloko said:
Its good, but probably not good enough for a second season I'm afraid. Weill watch if it gets one now cause the rest of the arc was more interesting.

They don't decide it based on quality. Besides, it was critically acclaimed.
Jun 30, 2013 10:57 PM

Oct 2012
Durbikins wrote:
This show has already become a cult classic and is going to be remembered for
years to come.

Well said.
Jul 1, 2013 12:16 AM

Jan 2008
MoeGalacticHero said:
Besides, it was critically acclaimed.

By who?
Jul 1, 2013 1:46 AM

Dec 2009
Sideli said:
I like to think that the fact that they showed a lot of footage from the second season at the end of episode 13 suggests that they're already a good length to completing the rest anyway, but just didn't have the air time available to show it all.

Since it's rotoscoped from live action footage, and they supposedly went to the trouble to set up all the scenes in those clips to prepare the live action, maybe they actually shot every scene already?

That might just be wishful thinking though, rather than there actually being any possibility. I don't know how these things go.

This is what makes me think we'll definitely get a second season. With any regular anime series they could've just animated the bits of those scenes they want to use and that's that, but with the live-action/rotoscoping process it would be crazy if they spent a lot of money just to film all those scenes for only five seconds of footage each. They probably struck a deal for the budget so they could film/animate the story they wanted to tell, regardless of how many seasons.

I also think it's important to keep in mind that this show really doesn't seem like it was made for the money. It feels more like a passion project for Oshimi and Nagahama with both of them being personally invested in it. While I'm sure they all would like to see it being a success, I think it won't change a thing regarding the possibility of it continuing or not.
Ara ara.
Jul 1, 2013 2:43 AM
Jun 2013
OK, now who's going to call Hiroshi Nagahama and ask for sure?
Jul 1, 2013 3:47 AM

Jan 2012
GomiNoUmi said:
DoomCraft said:

This is what makes me think we'll definitely get a second season. With any regular anime series they could've just animated the bits of those scenes they want to use and that's that, but with the live-action/rotoscoping process it would be crazy if they spent a lot of money just to film all those scenes for only five seconds of footage each. They probably struck a deal for the budget so they could film/animate the story they wanted to tell, regardless of how many seasons.

I also think it's important to keep in mind that this show really doesn't seem like it was made for the money. It feels more like a passion project for Oshimi and Nagahama with both of them being personally invested in it. While I'm sure they all would like to see it being a success, I think it won't change a thing regarding the possibility of it continuing or not.

I second these points. :P

Second season is probably already filmed in live action for most parts. And that "END OF PART 1" pretty much sealed the deal. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in 2013, but someday that second part will come. And I, for one, am really looking forward to it since I've read the manga and know it will be fucking amazing! :P

This sums up my feelings pretty well, those rotoscoped scenes came from somewhere, my bet is he has already been working on the second half from the very beginning.
Jul 1, 2013 4:17 AM

Dec 2012
DmonHiro said:
MoeGalacticHero said:

By who?
Critics.
Jul 1, 2013 4:28 AM

Nov 2007
MoeGalacticHero said:
DmonHiro said:
MoeGalacticHero said:

By who?
Critics.

From where exactly? Don't tell me from ANN or something, lol.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 1, 2013 5:04 AM

Feb 2012
HELL NO, Just No. Stop this kind of butchered animation and character art style.
Jul 1, 2013 5:22 AM

Oct 2012
The official Twitter account for Aku no Hana is here.
https://twitter.com/akunohana_anime
Even though 100% of the tweets are in Japanese, I am sure that it would be
okay for you to ask a question or make a suggestion in English. You can see
all of their tweets without a Twitter account. If you want to be able to send
tweets then you need to create a Twitter account.
Jul 1, 2013 7:49 AM

Nov 2007
GomiNoUmi said:
Ejc said:
From where exactly? Don't tell me from ANN or something, lol.

Somewhere in the internetz, I assume. Any person's opinion is as good as another's as long as it's backed with valid points that any rational human would acknowledge. Otherwise, without valid points and just an opinion, it's a so-called "stupid opinion", e.g."Naruto is the best 'cuz I said so!".
Therefore, seeing how many people on the internetz have written "good" reviews in favor of this show, one could, IMO, call it critically acclaimed. Not that those reviews are likely to give the BluRay/DVD sales any major boosts, though. :P

PS. Majority of MAL people are far from critics, hence the low score here. It's risen a bit after the show ended though, since many people, including me, wait with their rating until the end of a series. Not that it can ever counter those who dropped this and gave 1/10 after seeing the first minute of the first episode... :P

I made that comment as a "tongue-in-cheek". I didn't really mean it in a serious way. I was just curious about where Aku no Hana would be "critically acclaimed", when ANN and reviewers on MAL are far from professional critics. And this is only considering what the "West" thinks of it... However, people are entitled to their own opinions, even if they are entirely subjective.

One thing i'd like to mention, is that the only opinions that matter is what the Japanese think, since this thread is about Aku no Hana getting a second season or not, am I right? Now, i'm sure you have already heard of the predicted sales of the BD/DVD. This indicates that not many people regard the Aku no Hana anime as something they would like to own. Had they actually liked it, it would have sold many much more than the predicted 800 units. This is in reference to someone who said it was "critically acclaimed" in the West, but it means nothing in the scope of Aku no Hana having a chance of getting a second season.

Now I can tell you that Aku no Hana did get a boost to the manga from the anime, that means that the anime wasn't exactly well done but did get people curious of the source material. Now it remains to be seen if that boost will be enough to push a second season. Again, it is not enough just to say this anime was "critically acclaimed" when you just consider opinions from the West and not from the primary market that matters in the decisions to make a sequel.

I have also read the manga of Aku no Hana and I did like the story. However, the anime is a different story. My opinion is of course subjective, but so is everyone else's on MAL. With the low score, only people who have watched 25% of the anime would have their scores counted. So I don't see why you are mentioning people who gave it 1/10 after seeing the 1st few minutes of the first episode, when their scores don't even count.
EjcJul 1, 2013 7:53 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 1, 2013 8:41 AM

May 2008
I do not think so, but it is a possibility (your vote)

I'm just a little curious how they're going to do the

Jul 1, 2013 9:36 AM

Jan 2008
...for the love of God... there is no such things as a reverse-rape. Stop calling it that.
Jul 1, 2013 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
ep 13 felt like a compilation of old scenes but there were new one so i like to think that those were like preview of some sort ambigious one if i may add but i sure hope there's a 2nd season
Jul 1, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
pizza_012 said:
HELL NO, Just No. Stop this kind of butchered animation and character art style.

There is nothing butchered about this animation or character art style. You just say that it is because it did not meet your expectations.
Jul 1, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
Durbikins said:
pizza_012 said:

There is nothing butchered about this animation or character art style. You just say that it is because it did not meet your expectations.

It's like with video games. It's all about graphics and not about the story.
That's what people seem to be implying at least.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Jul 1, 2013 5:37 PM

Jul 2011
a for sure!! from my part
Jul 1, 2013 8:02 PM

Dec 2007
DmonHiro said:
...for the love of God... there is no such things as a reverse-rape. Stop calling it that.

You're saying that 逆レイプ is not the commonly used term to describe a female raping a male? Don't you translate/fansub anime?
Jul 1, 2013 11:49 PM
Jul 2008
Well it said End of Part One in the end so there is a possibility I guess.
Jul 2, 2013 2:07 AM

Jan 2008
I'm not saying that it isn't used, I'm just saying that it's beyond stupid. Rape is a sexual assault inflicted against someone. It doesn't matter what gender they are. Rape isn't male on female by definition, it's person on person.

Sorry, getting off topic.
Jul 2, 2013 3:12 PM

Mar 2010
DmonHiro said:
I'm not saying that it isn't used, I'm just saying that it's beyond stupid. Rape is a sexual assault inflicted against someone. It doesn't matter what gender they are. Rape isn't male on female by definition, it's person on person.

Sorry, getting off topic.
For calling it "rape", anyone could think that it's male to female sexual assault.
thus, "reverse-rape" does exist
Jul 2, 2013 4:46 PM

Mar 2013
I really hope so.
Looks like every captivating parts are coming with that possible next season.
Jul 2, 2013 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
vongola1314 said:

thus, "reverse-rape" does exist
Reverse rape would imply that it's the opposite of rape. Rape is rape. If someone gets confused on that point then they're a bad human being. That simple.
Jul 3, 2013 2:55 PM
Mar 2011
rape really has become a male characteristic. most, automatically assume its male forcing a female.

kinda like the word "harem" if no one mentions its a "male harem" or "reverse harem" one would assume its a male with lots of female.

but yea, i dont like the word "reverse rape" either. i prefer the word rape and not assume its guy-over-girl
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jul 4, 2013 12:58 AM

Jan 2008
noctaf said:
I've seen worse selling stuff get a 2nd season, I sure hope this does.

I don't think you've seen stuff selling worse then this. Name one. I can't think of anything that sold worse then this will sell. Not even Crime Edge.
Jul 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Jan 2012
DmonHiro said:
noctaf said:
I've seen worse selling stuff get a 2nd season, I sure hope this does.

I don't think you've seen stuff selling worse then this. Name one. I can't think of anything that sold worse then this will sell. Not even Crime Edge.

LoL is it all even on sale yet? Have we had enough time to see if it will boost the manga sales at all? I think it's way too early to be calling this kind of stuff even though it's obviously not going to fly off the shelves.
Jul 4, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2009
Looking forward to part 2. If it doesn't happen, well whatever, I plan to get the manga anyway.
Jul 4, 2013 3:19 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
I don't think there will be.... while I want more of Nakamura, I kind of don't want a second season. I think this ending fits.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Jul 4, 2013 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
Probably not, due to stupid fans.
Jul 5, 2013 3:32 AM

May 2009
Klonoa79H said:

No, it's due to being shit.
Jul 5, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
Klonoa79H said:

Yes, how DARE they like something that is unusual, pretentious and generally unrelatable? Wait....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Today, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.