Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Would you like a sequel?

Jun 30, 2013 12:00 PM

So for those who played the last of us I'm sure we have all finished it by now!
And most of us can agree it was a masterpiece! And so in an interview with Neil Druckmann, Kotaku asked whether we can expect a sequel! His reply was...

“I think the world is ripe for more stories,” said Druckmann previously to the PlayStation Blog,“but as far as the journey Joel and Ellie goes it ends with this game. We were very conscious that we didn't want to leave this story dangling. If we never do a sequel we’re okay with it, because we told the story we needed to tell.”

As Kotaku point out, this suggests that Joel and Ellie won't feature in any further games. “I can clarify that quote, because I’ve seen it misquoted,” said Druckmann. “I said this journey for Joel and Ellie is complete. In a spoiler sense, I was referring to the journey with the Fireflies and what they’re after with the cure and all that.”

“We’re not continuing that.”

“But as far as whether we come back to Joel and Ellie or not, or whether we come back to the world or not, that’s all up in the air. I can tell you there are people in the studio that would love to come back to these characters, but the only way we would do it would be if we had something new, something meaningful to say. Because the last thing we would want to do is repeat ourselves.”

Hopefully that’ll mean on PlayStation 4.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/27/naughty-dog-comment-on-potential-the-last-of-us-sequel/

So, for those that played the game! Do you think the game needs a sequel? Or would you like to see one? I personally loved the game so much, I wouldn't mind a sequel at all, given all the games Naughty dog ever made were trilogies.

Jun 30, 2013 8:21 PM

It came out like two fuckin' weeks ago.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush

Jul 1, 2013 12:20 AM

I want Naughty Dog to make a new Jak and Daxter seeing as they've been ignoring it for an entire generation.

Jul 1, 2013 1:48 AM

I actually thought the game was rather overhyped and just an average title.

I wouldn't mind playing a sequel however, depending on the characters and game play additions.

Jul 1, 2013 7:15 AM

Last of Us, masterpiece, srsly? I strongly disagree, it's a good game though. A sequel would be welcome.

Jul 1, 2013 7:24 AM

CNile said:
It came out like two fuckin' weeks ago.
This ^

Patience OP, enjoy the game.

Jul 1, 2013 7:29 AM

No need for a sequel. The story has already been told and if you do not understand Joel's decision in the end, you are a bloody idiot.

Jul 1, 2013 10:14 AM

deadjames said:
I want Naughty Dog to make a new Jak and Daxter seeing as they've been ignoring it for an entire generation.

I think Naughty Dog plans on making all their games out of 3, so I doubt we'll see jak and daxter or uncharted again.

Jul 1, 2013 10:16 AM

They will completely ruin the first game by making a sequel, especially since it has one of the ballsiest and realistic endings in all of gaming, trying to continue that story would ruin its uniqueness

Naughty dog should just make another new ip instead

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 1, 2013 12:24 PM

Game was alright. Not worth $60. I do love Ellen Page though. You gimme more of her and we gotta a deal.

Jul 1, 2013 12:30 PM

too bad that ellie is not modeled after ellen page

Jul 1, 2013 12:38 PM

jinxo said:
too bad that ellie is not modeled after ellen page

Subconsciously the designer was totally going for an Ellen Page. She looks just like her. That isn't coincidental.

Jul 1, 2013 3:58 PM

Jul 1, 2013 5:34 PM

deadjames said:
Yes that game was the first game I played where you could steal cars. (Hell yeah)
I have really funny thoughts that no one will get to hear.

Jul 1, 2013 5:38 PM

AbovePsycho said:
deadjames said:

I think Naughty Dog plans on making all their games out of 3, so I doubt we'll see jak and daxter or uncharted again.
You do know they made four Crash games, and four Jak and Daxter games right?

Jul 1, 2013 10:54 PM

I wouldn't want a sequel. It would be like getting a direct sequel to Bioshock Infinite, just completely unwarranted.

Jul 2, 2013 1:14 AM

Defiance said:
I wouldn't want a sequel. It would be like getting a direct sequel to Bioshock Infinite, just completely unwarranted.
Yet there is supposed to be DLC coming for it soon.

Jul 2, 2013 1:30 AM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
They will completely ruin the first game by making a sequel, especially since it has one of the ballsiest and realistic endings in all of gaming, trying to continue that story would ruin its uniqueness

Naughty dog should just make another new ip instead

My thoughts exactly, ending was perfect. I really hoped that the DLC would have been for multiplayer only, but apparently that's not the case.

But yeah, something entirely new for PS4 from ND would be nice. No sequel(s) needed.

Jul 2, 2013 11:21 AM

deadjames said:
AbovePsycho said:
deadjames said:

You do know they made four Crash games, and four Jak and Daxter games right?

Crash was sold, and the 4th installment of jak and daxter wasn't a sequel to the third. The reason why I believe Naughty Dog will do things in 3's is because jak 3, they then stopped at uncharted 3, and made the last of us. Sony a week ago registered and bought the websites "the last of us 2, and 3".

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/sony-registers-domains-for-the-last-of-us-2-3/

Jul 2, 2013 11:46 AM

Perhaps a spin off in the series, but not a direct sequel about Joel and Ellie. Perhaps you could meet them during your new journey.

Hell, if they just make good stories like that for any game then I could care less about a sequel.

Jul 2, 2013 5:27 PM

I am not sure exactly about a direct sequel to it, but I wouldn't mind another game with different character's and their story to be made. Only way I think a sequel could work for this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 3, 2013 3:55 AM

Retro8bit said:
I am not sure exactly about a direct sequel to it, but I wouldn't mind another game with different character's and their story to be made. Only way I think a sequel could work for this.

Maybe a prequel? Showing what happened to Joel during the 20 years after his daughter passed away? That would be good!

Jul 3, 2013 10:21 AM
AbovePsycho said:
Retro8bit said:

Maybe a prequel? Showing what happened to Joel during the 20 years after his daughter passed away? That would be good!

I think there might be a story DLC about that