Forum Settings
Forums

Irk some miss use to words that people who are anime fans should know there using incorrectly

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
Jun 30, 2013 7:31 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
Otaku Pandering - do any of the ***** who use these word know what Otaku means if not do not use it [ mock my english al you want ] at lest if i use words i know if there in the Correct terminology] unlike people who use this phrase
iv seen it use wrongly so many times its gotten stupid now

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
#2
Jun 30, 2013 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Yea it just lack of knowledge and edit your post and remove the word ''idiot'' or else this will get locked.
 
#3
Jun 30, 2013 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
So where did this "weeaboo" thing come from anyway? It doesn't sound like any Japanese thing I ever heard of.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
#4
Jun 30, 2013 7:37 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
that is a insult aimed at Japanohiles i find it odd that its only them who get a Negative tag
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
#5
Jun 30, 2013 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
DateYutaka said:
that ["weeaboo"] is a insult aimed at Japanohiles i find it odd that its only them who get a Negative tag
The internet? I've never ever seen or heard the term "weeaboo" outside its boundaries, but "otaku"?

There are some American TV shows that used the word "otaku" in there. Not English dubs of anime, but actual American TV.

Funny thing is, I still don't know what it means. All I know is that I heard them say it.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
#6
Jun 30, 2013 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2421
What does otaku mean?
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
 
#7
Jun 30, 2013 7:42 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
Ghostony said:
What does otaku mean?



Traditional menaing or modern meaning
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
#8
Jun 30, 2013 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1530
The fake Jap is mad.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
 
#9
Jun 30, 2013 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
MajinSaga said:
The fake Jap is mad.
Oh man, I can already tell you love this thread.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
Jun 30, 2013 7:51 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5149
Western anime fans have an entirely different meaning for the word otaku than native Japanese people like yourself do, I don't see the point in you getting all shitty over so,etching you can change.

Not really a word, but something that annoys me is when people come and lie about their anime collections. They make up fake amounts of money spent, which are usually abnormally high. Then they go to google, find a picture of someone else's collection, and then post it as their own, and them even after being busted for that, still try and maintain its their collection.
 
Jun 30, 2013 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
mitch3315 said:
Not really a word, but something that annoys me is when people come and lie about their anime collections. They make up fake amounts of money spent, which are usually abnormally high. Then they go to google, find a picture of someone else's collection, and then post it as their own, and them even after being busted for that, still try and maintain its their collection.
I don't get it either. I get it if they're just trying to be funny by posting a warehouse, external hard drive, or their computer.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
Jun 30, 2013 7:56 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5149
gamer2710 said:
mitch3315 said:
Not really a word, but something that annoys me is when people come and lie about their anime collections. They make up fake amounts of money spent, which are usually abnormally high. Then they go to google, find a picture of someone else's collection, and then post it as their own, and them even after being busted for that, still try and maintain its their collection.
I don't get it either. I get it if they're just trying to be funny by posting a warehouse, external hard drive, or their computer.


Yeah, that's alright, but posting a legit collection and claiming its worth $8,000,000 is just stupid.
 
Jun 30, 2013 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 59
DateYutaka said:
Otaku Pandering - do any of the ***** who use these word know what Otaku means if not do not use it [ mock my english al you want ] at lest if i use words i know if there in the Correct terminology] unlike people who use this phrase
iv seen it use wrongly so many times its gotten stupid now



You could at least clarify the meaning of the term to fulfill the point of the thread rather than just bashing the people who misuse it. Then again, this thread would get derailed sooner or later.



 
Jun 30, 2013 8:03 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
mitch3315 said:
Western anime fans have an entirely different meaning for the word otaku than native Japanese people like yourself do, I don't see the point in you getting all shitty over so,etching you can change.

Not really a word, but something that annoys me is when people come and lie about their anime collections. They make up fake amounts of money spent, which are usually abnormally high. Then they go to google, find a picture of someone else's collection, and then post it as their own, and them even after being busted for that, still try and maintain its their collection.

when i dont use google at all mnius as a means to sgin in to yt

i dont use the net that much for any thing

i help run a streming site i use my admin panel hthere
yt Nico nico p no si much any more ]

Cd japan and Amazon for shoping
and dalymotion to up load anime for my site



and MAL and IRC to talk anime [ and 2ch some times for the same ]


i buy mos of my stuff at retail stores

thats all
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:09 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
Androssi said:
DateYutaka said:
Otaku Pandering - do any of the ***** who use these word know what Otaku means if not do not use it [ mock my english al you want ] at lest if i use words i know if there in the Correct terminology] unlike people who use this phrase
iv seen it use wrongly so many times its gotten stupid now



You could at least clarify the meaning of the term to fulfill the point of the thread rather than just bashing the people who misuse it. Then again, this thread would get derailed sooner or later.


its some one who live for there Hobby

an odd example of a Pandering anime would be Tetsuko no Tabi[ a train Otaku Anime ]

that is as claer as i can get
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:12 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5149
DateYutaka said:

i buy mos of my stuff at retail stores

thats all


A month or so ago you said you rent your anime now though.

You really should learn to keep track of your lies better man, that way you wouldn't contradict yourself as much.
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:15 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
mitch3315 said:
DateYutaka said:

i buy mos of my stuff at retail stores

thats all


A month or so ago you said you rent your anime now though.

You really should learn to keep track of your lies better man, that way you wouldn't contradict yourself as much.

let me re word that i get most of my anime physical media ie retail either buy or rent
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4714
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:19 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!


since whenn am i on first name treams with you
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!
Oh God, my sides.

Are we plebeians to you?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4714
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!


since whenn am i on first name treams with you

lolwut
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:23 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!


since whenn am i on first name treams with you

lolwut


my real name is my forum handle [ so calling me yutaka means were very informal] i know you not that well to be thus
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4714
Houndthree said:
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST SHIELDLOVER ON THIS SITE! I love The Shield so much that I'm looking down on mere ''Shield fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we SHIELD]LOVERS can't put up with this shit!


Fixed

If you're having time to ''fix'' my posts, please decipher whatever Yutaka is trying to say xD
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2088
You should reckognize a troll when you see one , just sayin' .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4714
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!


since whenn am i on first name treams with you

lolwut


my real name is my forum handle

Well hello there Mr. My Forum Handle
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:27 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5149
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!


since whenn am i on first name treams with you

lolwut


my real name is my forum handle [ so calling me yutaka means were very informal] i know you not that well to be thus


Ok guys, from this point forward we must refer to him as Date-chan.
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:27 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
BloodyNightsky said:
You should reckognize a troll when you see one , just sayin' .

im not trolling majinsaga is the troll here
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2088
DateYutaka said:
BloodyNightsky said:
You should reckognize a troll when you see one , just sayin' .

im not trolling majinsaga is the troll here

Not , talking about you. I'm talking about our Otaku-ouji.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
 
Jun 30, 2013 8:29 AM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24831
mitch3315 said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!


since whenn am i on first name treams with you

lolwut


my real name is my forum handle [ so calling me yutaka means were very informal] i know you not that well to be thus


Ok guys, from this point forward we must refer to him as Date-chan.


im ok with just date thank you Chan im way to old for that form address
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Jun 30, 2013 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 19338
Yea, the meanings of words never change, no matter what the situation. So can people stop being gay and start using the word correctly?
 
Jun 30, 2013 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1293
DateYutaka said:
mitch3315 said:
Western anime fans have an entirely different meaning for the word otaku than native Japanese people like yourself do, I don't see the point in you getting all shitty over so,etching you can change.

Not really a word, but something that annoys me is when people come and lie about their anime collections. They make up fake amounts of money spent, which are usually abnormally high. Then they go to google, find a picture of someone else's collection, and then post it as their own, and them even after being busted for that, still try and maintain its their collection.

when i dont use google at all mnius as a means to sgin in to yt

i dont use the net that much for any thing

i help run a streming site i use my admin panel hthere
yt Nico nico p no si much any more ]

Cd japan and Amazon for shoping
and dalymotion to up load anime for my site



and MAL and IRC to talk anime [ and 2ch some times for the same ]


i buy mos of my stuff at retail stores

thats all


Wot? o.O
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
 
Jun 30, 2013 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2088
Stupid foreigner you say......hmmmm I see why.
But people keep trying to understand what those -san,-chan,-kun stand for .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
 
Jun 30, 2013 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
Red_Keys said:
Yea, the meanings of words never change, no matter what the situation. So can people stop being gay and start using the word correctly?
Oh, you~

This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
Jun 30, 2013 6:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10883
The old "hate thread about people who don't use the correct terminologies" threads. It's been done before and there's literally nothing to discuss here. However, the spam is also unnecessary.

Thread locked.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top