Forum Settings
Forums

Irk some miss use to words that people who are anime fans should know there using incorrectly

New
Jun 30, 2013 7:31 AM
Mar 2011
Otaku Pandering - do any of the ***** who use these word know what Otaku means if not do not use it [ mock my english al you want ] at lest if i use words i know if there in the Correct terminology] unlike people who use this phrase
iv seen it use wrongly so many times its gotten stupid now

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 30, 2013 7:32 AM

Dec 2012
Yea it just lack of knowledge and edit your post and remove the word ''idiot'' or else this will get locked.
Jun 30, 2013 7:35 AM

Aug 2012
So where did this "weeaboo" thing come from anyway? It doesn't sound like any Japanese thing I ever heard of.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 30, 2013 7:37 AM
Mar 2011
that is a insult aimed at Japanohiles i find it odd that its only them who get a Negative tag
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 30, 2013 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
DateYutaka said:
that ["weeaboo"] is a insult aimed at Japanohiles i find it odd that its only them who get a Negative tag
The internet? I've never ever seen or heard the term "weeaboo" outside its boundaries, but "otaku"?

There are some American TV shows that used the word "otaku" in there. Not English dubs of anime, but actual American TV.

Funny thing is, I still don't know what it means. All I know is that I heard them say it.
Jun 30, 2013 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
What does otaku mean?
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 30, 2013 7:42 AM
Mar 2011
Ghostony said:
What does otaku mean?

Traditional menaing or modern meaning

Jun 30, 2013 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
The fake Jap is mad.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 30, 2013 7:48 AM

Aug 2012
MajinSaga said:
The fake Jap is mad.
Oh man, I can already tell you love this thread.
Jun 30, 2013 7:51 AM

Aug 2011
Western anime fans have an entirely different meaning for the word otaku than native Japanese people like yourself do, I don't see the point in you getting all shitty over so,etching you can change.

Not really a word, but something that annoys me is when people come and lie about their anime collections. They make up fake amounts of money spent, which are usually abnormally high. Then they go to google, find a picture of someone else's collection, and then post it as their own, and them even after being busted for that, still try and maintain its their collection.
Jun 30, 2013 7:54 AM

Aug 2012
mitch3315 said:
Not really a word, but something that annoys me is when people come and lie about their anime collections. They make up fake amounts of money spent, which are usually abnormally high. Then they go to google, find a picture of someone else's collection, and then post it as their own, and them even after being busted for that, still try and maintain its their collection.
I don't get it either. I get it if they're just trying to be funny by posting a warehouse, external hard drive, or their computer.
Jun 30, 2013 7:56 AM

Aug 2011
gamer2710 said:
mitch3315 said:
I don't get it either. I get it if they're just trying to be funny by posting a warehouse, external hard drive, or their computer.

Yeah, that's alright, but posting a legit collection and claiming its worth $8,000,000 is just stupid.
Jun 30, 2013 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
DateYutaka said:
Otaku Pandering - do any of the ***** who use these word know what Otaku means if not do not use it [ mock my english al you want ] at lest if i use words i know if there in the Correct terminology] unlike people who use this phrase

You could at least clarify the meaning of the term to fulfill the point of the thread rather than just bashing the people who misuse it. Then again, this thread would get derailed sooner or later.

Jun 30, 2013 8:03 AM
Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
Western anime fans have an entirely different meaning for the word otaku than native Japanese people like yourself do, I don't see the point in you getting all shitty over so,etching you can change.

when i dont use google at all mnius as a means to sgin in to yt

i dont use the net that much for any thing

i help run a streming site i use my admin panel hthere
yt Nico nico p no si much any more ]

Cd japan and Amazon for shoping
and dalymotion to up load anime for my site

and MAL and IRC to talk anime [ and 2ch some times for the same ]

i buy mos of my stuff at retail stores

thats all

Jun 30, 2013 8:09 AM
Mar 2011
Androssi said:
DateYutaka said:

You could at least clarify the meaning of the term to fulfill the point of the thread rather than just bashing the people who misuse it. Then again, this thread would get derailed sooner or later.

its some one who live for there Hobby

an odd example of a Pandering anime would be Tetsuko no Tabi[ a train Otaku Anime ]

that is as claer as i can get

Jun 30, 2013 8:12 AM

Aug 2011
DateYutaka said:

thats all

A month or so ago you said you rent your anime now though.

You really should learn to keep track of your lies better man, that way you wouldn't contradict yourself as much.
Jun 30, 2013 8:15 AM
Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
DateYutaka said:

thats all

A month or so ago you said you rent your anime now though.

You really should learn to keep track of your lies better man, that way you wouldn't contradict yourself as much.

let me re word that i get most of my anime physical media ie retail either buy or rent

Jun 30, 2013 8:16 AM

Oct 2012
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!
Jun 30, 2013 8:19 AM
Mar 2011
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST OTAKU ON THIS SITE! I love anime so much that I'm looking down on mere ''anime fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we OTAKUS can't put up with this sh*t!

since whenn am i on first name treams with you

Jun 30, 2013 8:21 AM

Aug 2012
natssuu said:
Oh God, my sides.

Are we plebeians to you?
Jun 30, 2013 8:21 AM

Oct 2012
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:

lolwut
Jun 30, 2013 8:23 AM
Mar 2011
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:

lolwut

my real name is my forum handle [ so calling me yutaka means were very informal] i know you not that well to be thus

Jun 30, 2013 8:25 AM

Oct 2012
Houndthree said:
natssuu said:
I'M THE BIGGEST SHIELDLOVER ON THIS SITE! I love The Shield so much that I'm looking down on mere ''Shield fans''. Yutaka, you should show MORE RESPECT to your superiors, we SHIELD]LOVERS can't put up with this shit!

Fixed

If you're having time to ''fix'' my posts, please decipher whatever Yutaka is trying to say xD
Jun 30, 2013 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
You should reckognize a troll when you see one , just sayin' .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 30, 2013 8:27 AM

Oct 2012
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:

lolwut

my real name is my forum handle

Well hello there Mr. My Forum Handle

Aug 2011
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:

lolwut

my real name is my forum handle [ so calling me yutaka means were very informal] i know you not that well to be thus

Ok guys, from this point forward we must refer to him as Date-chan.
Mar 2011
BloodyNightsky said:

im not trolling majinsaga is the troll here

Jun 30, 2013 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
DateYutaka said:
BloodyNightsky said:

im not trolling majinsaga is the troll here

Not , talking about you. I'm talking about our Otaku-ouji.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 30, 2013 8:29 AM
Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:
DateYutaka said:
natssuu said:

lolwut

Ok guys, from this point forward we must refer to him as Date-chan.

im ok with just date thank you Chan im way to old for that form address

Jun 30, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
Yea, the meanings of words never change, no matter what the situation. So can people stop being gay and start using the word correctly?
Jun 30, 2013 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
DateYutaka said:
mitch3315 said:

when i dont use google at all mnius as a means to sgin in to yt

i dont use the net that much for any thing

i help run a streming site i use my admin panel hthere
yt Nico nico p no si much any more ]

Cd japan and Amazon for shoping
and dalymotion to up load anime for my site

and MAL and IRC to talk anime [ and 2ch some times for the same ]

thats all

Wot? o.O
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jun 30, 2013 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Stupid foreigner you say......hmmmm I see why.
But people keep trying to understand what those -san,-chan,-kun stand for .
Jun 30, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Yea, the meanings of words never change, no matter what the situation. So can people stop being gay and start using the word correctly?
Oh, you~

Jun 30, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
The old "hate thread about people who don't use the correct terminologies" threads. It's been done before and there's literally nothing to discuss here. However, the spam is also unnecessary.

Thread locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

18 by AxiaG »»
1 minute ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 6 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
2 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

36 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 5 hours ago

32 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.