Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jan 7, 2014 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
ImTheGuy said:
"Response to final warning: Go to hell, tin can."

Best line from series.

9/10

Definitely have to agree. It was actually touching. Freaking Chamber<3. Although the ending did seem a bit rushed and I hope there is going to be a second season, but if not it was still a kickass series in the end!
Jan 21, 2014 11:24 PM
Apr 2013
amazing series. i still dont understand why i didnt watch this earlier! the best part is that IT GOT THE GREEN LIGHT FOR A SEQUEL!
Feb 12, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2010
lol if this confused you, never watch Vanilla Sky O.o

If you idiots want to make broad general claims about the story making no sense, how about backing it up with a valid argument?

or better yet why don't you go write and produce something better...
Feb 14, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2012
chamber /10

that is all...

pretty good concept... characters and atmosphere are too generic though...
Apr 19, 2014 12:33 AM

Feb 2013
Chamber! NOOOOOOOO! I'm gonna miss you Chamber. You were an awesome mech/AI. Pretty solid series. Love the atmosphere, setting, and characters. I would love a second season if this show can get it. Time to watch the OVAs and specials! Great episode!
May 17, 2014 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
Personally loved Chamber's final words... "Go to Hell, Tin Can!". I don't care if he's just an A.I. to some, what matters is he showed feelings... whether others consider them feelings or not!

That feels wrong, but whatever, Chamber ftw!

Cheesy "Amy going to Ledo" scene, "Oh shiz we have a secret-super-ultra-ultimate weapon after all" was meh. To be honest Chamber made the show for me, everything else was meh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 20, 2014 10:07 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Would have been nice if they dropped the fan service and focused more on characters like Ridget, pinion, and Amy.

I didn't really like the sudden ending. I didn't feel like Ledo was fighting for Gargantia. It felt like he was fighting more for Amy and a couple of people. Meh.
Jul 21, 2014 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
CHAMBER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
what an epic anime
solid 8/10 for me loved it
great plot twist
some ROmance
good action and decent character development
and o yeah FLYING SQUIRRELS
[/quote]
Aug 14, 2014 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
8/10
:') very heartwarming ending.
but Pinion has got to be the shittiest character Konishi Katsuyuki has every had to voice for. An insult to the great Kamina.
Aug 14, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
oh wow that was a good show, can't wait to watch the sequels.

8/10
Recommend me an anime
Sep 4, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
During the first episode I had thought that at first it was just a generic mecha show, but I'm glad it turned out very differently. Was worth the watch 8/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 7, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2014
Maaan. What a good series. I had watched it when it first came out, but I dropped watching all anime/manga for a long time. Decided to come back and this was one of the things I remembered.

Amy entering in the final battle was super cliche. I also thought her character was really annoying, but I understand why she does everything she does.

Noooo! Chamber! I had read some slight spoilers, so I knew someone was going to die, and I had hoped it would not be Ledo, but I'm still sad that Chamber had to die.

Also, I really hated Pinion in the beginning > middle, but at the ending he certainly redeemed himself and he even got his own little 'harem' which I thought was cool. ^_^

8/10 Series for me. Would re-watch maybe 6-8 months later.
Sep 8, 2014 12:54 AM

Sep 2012
Not bad show rate it for 7/10 i much enjoy watching majestic prince than this.

Oct 28, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 2013
Very solid series, 8/10. Would have given it a 9 if there was more romance.
Nov 10, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
Idk, it's between a 6 and 7 for me. The world building, sci-fi aspects, and setting were nicely done but I slowly stopped caring after episode 9. Mecha's never been my favourite thing to watch so I lost interest. The ideas were good though.

Might rewatch the last few episodes again because I was tired when I watched it the first time
Nov 24, 2014 1:47 AM
May 2014
this DEFINITELY needs a SEQUEL!!!!!! this was one of the best animes.

haha pinon with the harem end was nice...
Dec 30, 2014 5:19 PM

Sep 2008
Simply Beautiful ~ nice character designs, very colorful and warm
i love watching science stuff on tv things like futurescape and all those hypothesis about human development , space travel , warmholes , modifying human dna to adapt the body to harsh environments , develpment of AI so close to being human it could become your friend or family (chamber <3), nano machines (gargantia's energy source) , and scenarios about global cataclysms that change the fate of humanity/earth (ice age) +++
All of this is taken and cleverly adapted in this great anime!
They even pick on religion, ruling by fear and worship lol ~ bout time we get outta the "dark ages"
anyways theres food for though in this
~_~ !
Feb 8, 2015 11:20 PM

Nov 2009
Man what an awesome ride that was, Thought the whole show was great from start to finish and now to watch the OVA's!

9/10!
Feb 18, 2015 1:19 AM
Mar 2014
"Response to Striker's final warning: Go to hell, tin can." I squealed when Chamber said that. XD Chamber DOES have a mind of his own.

I wish this had more character development, in particularly with Amy. She should've been more significant with the plot, especially during the end. But I guess the later arc when Leto flew solo was worth it for that awesome plot twist. Pineon was also kind of a douche, so I think there should be more insight with him. I have to give it an 8/10, it's really good and I'd love to rewatch this again. :)
Mar 18, 2015 2:48 PM

Jul 2007
Wow this way waaaay better than expected. The animation was so-so most of the time and it had a lot of silly plot-holes and nonsense but overall it was good. We got some cool battles and characters (Chamber is beyond cool dammit) good ost and a decent story. I seriously enjoyed how they portrayed this post apocalyptic world and how Ledo learned the truth. I also like how the show was "split" between the slice of life element at the first episodes (Up to 7 I think?) and then the other half was full of action. The characters had a lot of "unique" personalities and I did got interested in them but meh no character development at all besides Ledo and Champer. I guess that's what the OVAs are for? xD

Solid 7/10 from me. Chamber <3
May 11, 2015 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
Good show. Chamber was a total bro. I also liked the transition from learning the fun side of the world in the first half to Ledo learning about the truth of the Hideauze in the second half.
May 31, 2015 9:33 AM
Jun 2013
great final. We had fighting and aruging robots. Chamber is awesome and went out like a boss.Though I find it odd the pirates are all buddy buddy now since ya know attempted rape and attacking stuff. Imma go check the OVA's now.
souledge94May 31, 2015 9:47 AM
Jun 2, 2015 6:58 PM
Aug 2014
a good watch. Chamber was such a good partner >.>

The Hideauze at the end were sitting on something that looked like a mech, either Striker or Chamber survived.

Unfortunately second season is canceled.
Jul 4, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
Chamber calling Striker names clearly showed that he was malfunctioning. Doesn't change that he was right.

I wonder about Bellows role in all this though. She didn't have a defined role there, despite being one of the few characters - especially woman, especially if you discount Amy and her two friends - that were always around, always there when someething important happend and who had distinct clothing etc.

Heck, even Mayta (the girl in Pinions group) had a more distinctive scene, even though i can't remember seeing her *before* Pinion decided to leave Gargantia.
Jul 12, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2015
nice relaxing anime with great opening and ending music

7/10
Aug 5, 2015 8:02 PM

Jun 2012
Well, this didn't suck like certain circles would have me believe. It's a little stronger than Psycho Pass for having more than just the main lead be interesting on top of better developed relationships. At the same time, the whole character arc involving Mr Salvager while interesting feels out of nowhere, because the biggest problem Gargantia has is feeling like two different shows connected by one character in Ledo. It's kind of unfortunate too, 'cause the first 2/3 or so of the series convinces me Urobuchi knows how to write slice of life.

Cool show. And I don't mean that sarcastically this time.
Aug 28, 2015 11:37 AM

Mar 2008
07/10
Sep 20, 2015 12:55 PM

May 2014
Meh. It was alright, but IMO the plot twists towards the end killed it. It also seemed too predictable the moment I saw Kugel and Striker. They tried to pull an Apocalypse Now, but failed.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Nov 16, 2015 6:45 PM

Sep 2015
'Twas a good way to finish the season/series. And yea, it was a bit Chliche but I'm a sucker for that kinda crap anyway. Chamber stole the episode though, everything coming out of his mouth -er voice modulator was pure gold.
Jan 29, 2016 7:30 PM
Nov 2015
I really dug this show. I liked that it had central themes that it consistently looked at from different angles and as much as some say it got predictable, I assumed it would end with some sort of whale squid battle stuff and all that was shunted to the side to take a look at how extremism on either side causes sorrow because it forgets people.

I also liked that lots of different characters had roles to help move the main action along. Pinion had his arc, Amy kept Ledo from self destructing, Melty saved the fleet, Ridget got to activate the god cannon, the Doctor got the people of Gargantia to choose not to run, even the pirate chick helped instigate the rebellion. It wasn't just one character making all the choices. Yep, really liked this one!
Mar 23, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2014
Chamberrrrrrr!!! :<

I really enjoyed watching this anime! I hope there'll be a second season! >_<
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Mar 26, 2016 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing end to a spectacular series
Can't wait to watch the OVAS!
9/10
Apr 20, 2016 5:43 PM

Jul 2015
Woah, it was really good, I liked it! The pacing was fine for me, enough character development, but I think Amy should have appeared more at the second half, but I still have to watch the OVA so...
The fanservice really bothered me, so I can't give it more than a 7/10 Overall, very good anime!
May 23, 2016 7:34 PM

Jul 2007
I enjoyed the series, the setting and the world was pretty solid. I loved the art. The story / pacing was a bit of a mix with some neat ideas like the creatures I can't pronounce and a few funny episodes. I liked the characters but felt they were a bit flat, there really wasn't much chemistry between the male and female lead. Overall I enjoyed it but I wouldn't necessarily watch it again so 7/10. However, I might check out the ovas at a later date.
Oct 20, 2016 12:30 PM

Feb 2012
That was some gorgeous Itano Circus.

We will always remember you Brobot Chamber

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 2, 2016 6:11 AM

Sep 2014
well dropped from 8 to 7/10 because really weak ending.
Since when did Lobster and pinion even liked each other?
cringy conversation
unneeded Pilot mode - if this would be so strong, they would have used it back in Ep1 when fighting the "decisive" battle.
Deus ex machina Gargantia cannon
Weak mecha fight.

Chamber was the star of this anime.

Disappointing ending to a great show. Would have deserved a much better ending.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 18, 2017 8:14 AM

Mar 2016
I think there are enough nice small touches in this series that they overshadow some of the bigger negatives. The writing especially is above average.

I liked how the series never really told a good vs. evil story. Even in the end, Ledo never intended to kill his adversary until he learned he was fighting against an AI trying to make sense of faulty logic. The only real problem I had in the ending was Gargantia's return with that mass driver gun. If the battle was fought in the sky, why attack the fleet, who didn't seem like much of a threat? For an anime that for the most part avoided the wholesale massacre of nameless "enemies" in order to make the main characters look cool, there didn't seem to be any point in the Gargantia doing what it did.
Feb 4, 2017 8:05 PM

Jan 2017
Ah, man! There it goes, one of the best Mecha/Sci-Fi/Romance Anime...

After episode 8 (When the fleet broke apart, and Ledo left Amy for his senseless crusade against the Hideauze) I got already nervous. Such a major plot twist with so many implications, and only five more episodes. But new sub plots still kept coming, and with Striker's appearance I actually doubted the series would come to an end at all. Or if it did, this end would not do this great series justice.

And that is exactly how I felt after watching this last episode. It could have been so much more. Yes, all the main plot parts came to a close. And yes, Chamber vs. Striker was awesome. But to me, it felt all so rushed. It was way too much for just one episode.
Apr 10, 2017 6:31 AM
Nov 2012
Chamber was the man!
"My objective is to set you up for success" "Pursue happiness" "I expect much from your life"

He's like a dad letting his little boy out into the world

Much manly tear was shed TT^TT
May 24, 2017 9:53 PM

Apr 2009
The first episode is promising.

I thought that episode 9 will be the turning point, but I guess I'm wrong.

5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2017 5:02 AM
Aug 2014
a mecha anime or any anime with the existence psychology and the purpose of life element will hold a place in heart. 9/10
Oct 26, 2017 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
Chamber was the MVP for sure, how come such artificial intelligent had such emotion to its pilot ?

So they managed to live in peace on earth but they seems forgetting about those who are still fighting against squid like aliens in other side of the universe, i kinda feel bad about them, especially the people who live in Avalon they won't ever understand a true peace like Ledo.

Pinion is the real winner here, he got himself a redhead pirate Queen, she's also a keeper forsure not to mention Rackage has two sex slaves apparently, so it's like cathing 3 birds in single shot, Pinion you lucky bastard you

Overall score 8/10, i wouldn't for a 2nd season but it got cancelled apparently
Nov 28, 2017 2:17 PM

Oct 2015
Too bad Chamber had to sacrifice itself like that, I guess it had an attachment to Ledo and it wanted him to live on. I wish though the writer had the balls to kill other characters or even one or two to set the intensity, but no one except that commodore who was a bland character. Without Chamber Ledo is a shit of a character for me but appearance design was done superbly, let me say the animation quality is the reason I gave this one a fair rating.

Also I liked Pinion's hair when its down even Rackage is falling for him.

So 6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 1, 2018 4:39 AM

Sep 2018
Well... a nice little anime. Not much of story emotions or character but it sure was a beautiful run. It was a nice ending though. Gotta admit Chamber is one badass bot!! The soundtrack was catchy too. All in all it was a good happy ending.

Plus...

Nov 11, 2018 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
a very nice series overall. i was hoping there would be more mecha action like in the 1st episode, was bummed out later, and i still hold it in high regards due to traversing in to an older themed (lack of better wording) plot.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 21, 2018 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, never thought that I would like Chamber and the pirate queen that much in the end. Pretty good ending actually, though I wonder what the specials and OVAs will be about?
7/10
Dec 11, 2020 9:01 AM

Aug 2008
Decent show, wish it was longer though, needed more development with our MC and May. I suppose the show is about him finding peace with himself and can accept that but wish we could see a resolution with the Galactic Alliance and their never ending war that doesn't need to be fought. Ludo is lucky to live out his days on a blue planet without constant threat.
Dec 26, 2020 7:32 AM
Apr 2020
Chamber's final word, "Go to hell, Metalhead" though. Who would've thought that a war robot can say a vulgar line. That was freakin hilarious.

Finale fight was good and awesome, as expected from a decent studio

Hmm that was a nice ending, although seems lacking it but all of the answers are all answered in the latter episodes. Like it how the way they twist the plot in the 2nd half of series.

Seems like Ledo and Amy got together in the end. Satisfied with that :)

9/10 final rate for this. Definely enjoyed it
Apr 20, 2021 4:18 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty solid series overall. Loved the premise. I've always had an interest for the concept of leaving the Earth behind and what could happen in the far future with our civilization. Despite being short, the series had a great story, characterization and world-building. I wish they had made more.
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Jan 2021
That was a real cop out
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.