Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kingdom 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Jun 29, 2013 9:08 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ou Hon was badass, but like always Xin will become more stronger in the end of this arc. He becomes more sympathetic towards the middle of the arc. The episode was good.
Modified by Tyrel, Jan 3, 2016 12:02 AM

Jun 30, 2013 9:27 AM

Xin has some competition. Good episode.

Jun 30, 2013 11:50 AM

The cgi was back with those enemy soldiers in this episode but i guess it wa a lot better covered.
I'm so eager for some serious battle to begin.

KiraYoshikage said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Ou Hon was badass, but like always Xin will become more stronger in the end of this arc. He becomes more sympathetic towards the middle of the arc. The episode was good.

We don't need you telling us what Xin is gonna achieve we want to see it without getting spoiled thank you very much.
Modified by Monad, Jun 30, 2013 11:57 AM

Jun 30, 2013 12:05 PM

Interesting new character but I hate how the Feixin Unit was discriminated and laughed at. Can't wait for Xin to raise to the top!

Jun 30, 2013 1:35 PM

I see they skipping info again. They basically skipped a whole volume.

Jun 30, 2013 2:55 PM

I enjoyed this episode and once again must 'suffer' through waiting a whole week for the next one :)

I particularly like how the story is progressing. The tension is certainly mounting visibly and behind the scenes. Finding the enemy camp how they did caught me off guard and what happened next, wow... how about that for motivation to excel!

Jun 30, 2013 4:27 PM

Wang Ben was right imo, be as profound and talented as the Xin and his guys are they're still peasant soldiers and deserved to be laughed at, at least i would love to see them get a wardrobe change.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Jun 30, 2013 5:09 PM

Waiii! Next week one of my 2 most favourite character of this season make his first appearance!

Jun 30, 2013 5:30 PM

OMGGGGGGGG. Kingdom ep 4. rustled my jimmies hard. who the fcuk is this snob. and why the **** did he make xin sit down. at least make it so that xin blocked that thrust or something. smh. inb4 he gets roflstomped and xin saves him.

and who gives a fcuk if wang qi is a branch family member. da faq. this guy is the GOAT. obviously blood doesnt matter (see s1 and the retarded prince).

Jun 30, 2013 7:05 PM

Kurogashi said:
OMGGGGGGGG. Kingdom ep 4. rustled my jimmies hard. who the fcuk is this snob. and why the **** did he make xin sit down. at least make it so that xin blocked that thrust or something. smh. inb4 he gets roflstomped and xin saves him.
lol I was thinking the same thing, I could definitely see that happening but I'm sure they'll do it in a well thought out way.

I think maybe somebody might be a little upset that they didn't get somebody else's spear :P

Well at least both 300 man units are equal in that they both basically abandoned the battle to argue with each other lol

Good to see "my man Bi" he and Xin are such bros.(though they translated it "Brother Bi" this time)

Back in the battle next time. Hope we see some of that castle taking soon.

Jun 30, 2013 7:34 PM

LOL funny to see those professional soldiers look down on part timers like Fei Xin unit. Nah... but it is really like how history told us.

Wang Ben is proud but not quite arrogant I think. He is still quite respectful to them

Yeeeessss,,, Zhao Ji would appear next week. The whore is coming to us

Zee530 said:
Wang Ben was right imo, be as profound and talented as the Xin and his guys are they're still peasant soldiers and deserved to be laughed at, at least i would love to see them get a wardrobe change.

Modified by Ayouda_Mawabea, Jun 30, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 30, 2013 9:25 PM

Monad said:
The cgi was back with those enemy soldiers in this episode but i guess it wa a lot better covered.

KiraYoshikage said:

We don't need you telling us what Xin is gonna achieve we want to see it without getting spoiled thank you very much.

Everything I have written is so easy to predict. So there is no spoil

For the sakem,this is a shonen. Yet it is obvious that Xin will become powerful. It's always like this. So, if you think it's a spoil, I laugh well

I can even say how Qin is being destroyed by the other kingdoms at the end of his little dynasty. This is not a spoil, but the real fact

Jul 1, 2013 1:14 AM

KiraYoshikage said:
For the sakem,this is a shonen.
Actully its Seinen.
But yeah, I guess its higly unlikely that Xin will fail in the long run.

Jul 1, 2013 1:43 AM

I hate that Ouhon. Can't wait to see Xin kick that piece of shit.

Jul 1, 2013 3:09 AM

KiraYoshikage said:

I can even say how Qin is being destroyed by the other kingdoms at the end of his little dynasty. This is not a spoil, but the real fact

wanritsu said:
I hate that Ouhon. Can't wait to see Xin kick that piece of shit.

In Qin military, you will get beheaded if you fight your fellow soldiers.

I think the title of episode should be "Wangs and Ants". The King for Japanese is Ou/Ō and Wang for Chinese. Since this episode about Wang Ben and his group, I think the title should referring to them as family surname and not actual meaning for "King".
Modified by Ayouda_Mawabea, Jul 1, 2013 3:19 AM

Jul 1, 2013 3:15 AM
And I was wrong thinking that Wang Ben will be Xin friend as what my interpretation based on the preview.
Good thing for a character development having a rival at least we can't see Xin as OP as always and no one can defeat him because his so powerful and such. I'm excited to see how Xin will grow stronger especially using the spear that Wang Qi left for him though I can't imagine it at all.

Jul 1, 2013 4:56 AM

KiraYoshikage said:
Monad said:

KiraYoshikage said:

Everything I have written is so easy to predict. So there is no spoil

For the sakem,this is a shonen. Yet it is obvious that Xin will become powerful. It's always like this. So, if you think it's a spoil, I laugh well

It's a spoiler for those not familiar with Chinese history, also yes of course we know that a shounen will make the main get stronger and great but we don't know when his going to do something or get better and how his gonna do it. So that is pretty much all the surprise factor we can get. If an annoying person like you tells us every time before he does something it spoils our fun. Why can't you people simply pretend you are watching the story first time. If you can't resist yourself showing how you know what's coming(childish attitude to the max) then shut the hell up.
Modified by Monad, Jul 1, 2013 10:21 AM

Jul 1, 2013 4:41 PM
Wow first episode and I dislike this Wang Ben already. Of course that will change over time with character development but the show does a good job antagonizing him. I'm rooting for their units to get crushed and saved by Xin. That would be gold.

Jul 1, 2013 6:15 PM

That's why I hate noble people...

Jul 2, 2013 6:32 PM
kingdom was one of my fav... but after watching the ep4 it became one of the worst anime for me...
why the hell does shin need to get so pissed off after seeing the main camp destroyed? he joins the war to become a mere general then? will he become like the other rotten noble then?
people should join a war to protect their homeland and people no matter what rank they have...
a general who only thinks about his status and rank is a rotten general (it also applies for other people with other status)

from this on i realize this anime does not teach us about good morality thus falling from one of my fav to one of my hated

Jul 3, 2013 2:34 AM

shupo said:
kingdom was one of my fav... but after watching the ep4 it became one of the worst anime for me...
why the hell does shin need to get so pissed off after seeing the main camp destroyed? he joins the war to become a mere general then? will he become like the other rotten noble then?
people should join a war to protect their homeland and people no matter what rank they have...
a general who only thinks about his status and rank is a rotten general (it also applies for other people with other status)

from this on i realize this anime does not teach us about good morality thus falling from one of my fav to one of my hated

So finally I find someone who didn't realized what the hell this anime about

This is a series that glorifies war in a very old-fashioned. It revels in the glory of the battlefield and the heroism of men who kill for reward and achievement. Xin too, if he wants to be a general, he can't do it without achievements. No way someone will get promoted to such high post without deeds. Simple and clear.

Do you seriously think people from 2200 years ago will have something like modern nationalism? or you think they go to battlefield purely without slightest expectation reward for their accomplishments?

Modified by Ayouda_Mawabea, Jul 3, 2013 3:07 AM

Jul 3, 2013 8:36 AM
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

So finally I find someone who didn't realized what the hell this anime about

This is a series that glorifies war in a very old-fashioned. It revels in the glory of the battlefield and the heroism of men who kill for reward and achievement. Xin too, if he wants to be a general, he can't do it without achievements. No way someone will get promoted to such high post without deeds. Simple and clear.

Do you seriously think people from 2200 years ago will have something like modern nationalism? or you think they go to battlefield purely without slightest expectation reward for their accomplishments?

then this anime is just another boring anime that gives us a very very baaad example... and yup i know some generals who left his positions not because of their defeats but because of their continuous victories... one of them was Khalid... lived around 1400 years ago and he was undefeated... his king made him leave his position because he was afraid that his people think of him as God and all he said was something like "i go to war for the people"... thus even after that he remained a foot soldier and still went to war...

there is no modern nationalism because nationalism is the basic morality of the so called mankind... only the definition is the so-called MODERN nationalism
Modified by shupo, Jul 3, 2013 8:40 AM

Jul 3, 2013 8:59 AM

shupo said:

then this anime is just another boring anime that gives us a very very baaad example... and yup i know some generals who left his positions not because of their defeats but because of their continuous victories... one of them was Khalid... lived around 1400 years ago and he was undefeated... his king made him leave his position because he was afraid that his people think of him as God and all he said was something like "i go to war for the people"... thus even after that he remained a foot soldier and still went to war...

there is no modern nationalism because nationalism is the basic morality of the so called mankind... only the definition is the so-called MODERN nationalism

Then you had wrong expectation from begin with

Not every story about warfare must be executed like Flag of Our Fathers or Letters from Iwo Jima. Too many gloomy war story already. Don't get me wrong. I love both movie (among my favourites) but sometimes opposite approach is necessary.

Khalid ibn Walid eh? The conqueror of Sassanid Persia and Asian Byzantine? I know how he ended up, and how he hated to died like an old camel on the bed than a soldier on the battlefield. Caliph Umar is just too paranoid. Although somewhat similar, his story and Bai Qi's is kind of different.

Nationalism isn't basic morality. It is formed from identity of certain group of people. Identity =/= Morality

Jul 3, 2013 9:12 AM
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

Not every story about warfare must be executed like Flag of Our Fathers or Letters from Iwo Jima. Too many gloomy war story already. Don't get me wrong. I love both movie (among my favourites) but sometimes opposite approach is necessary.

Khalid ibn Walid eh? The conqueror of Sassanid Persia and Asian Byzantine? I know how he ended up, and how he hated to died like an old camel on the bed than a soldier on the battlefield. Caliph Umar is just too paranoid. Although somewhat similar, his story and Bai Qi's is kind of different.

Nationalism isn't basic morality. It is formed from identity of certain group of people. Identity =/= Morality

please dude I don't really care about the story... because every story can be beautiful and pretty or bad... it's just a matter of perspective... but what i like and what i dislike in every story is only the morality and how the story teaches us about morality... (because this world still lacks of that word)... and i'm sorry i don't really know about iwo jima...

and nationalism is actually the basic morality or let say actually if you love your country you will have a high morality... let say (the very basic example) you love your country and you want your country to be peaceful so you prevent war or you protect your people from incoming invasions then that means you live for the others...

Jul 3, 2013 9:31 AM

shupo said:

please dude I don't really care about the story... because every story can be beautiful and pretty or bad... it's just a matter of perspective... but what i like and what i dislike in every story is only the morality and how the story teaches us about morality... (because this world still lacks of that word)... and i'm sorry i don't really know about iwo jima...

Actually there is a lot of morality from this anime. Since you find this distasteful, you may missed that.

shupo said:
nationalism is actually the basic morality or let say actually if you love your country you will have a high morality...

Oh yes of course, Hitler and Tojo had very high level of morality

A double edged sword really

Jul 3, 2013 9:31 AM

shupo said:

I see him being mad because the opportunity for achievement is 'lost'. This is important as we just witnessed his renewed sense of purpose in the previous episode when asked if he can become a general in five years.

He is not just thinking of his rank and status - he is thinking about the current (and upcoming) power struggle and his committment to seek 'all of China' with his king. In this manner he looks to protect not only his people but the greater country...

Jul 3, 2013 11:03 AM
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

Actually there is a lot of morality from this anime. Since you find this distasteful, you may missed that.

shupo said:
nationalism is actually the basic morality or let say actually if you love your country you will have a high morality...

Oh yes of course, Hitler and Tojo had very high level of morality

A double edged sword really

the morality towards friends? well its obvious but morality towards stranger and the morality in a war and morality in one's purpose to do an action? nope nothing like that...

and people often think of hitler when someone talks about nationalism but unfortunately hitler just abused that word so the philosophical definition of nationalism is different and more than what hitler did...

razorwire said:
shupo said:

I see him being mad because the opportunity for achievement is 'lost'. This is important as we just witnessed his renewed sense of purpose in the previous episode when asked if he can become a general in five years.

He is not just thinking of his rank and status - he is thinking about the current (and upcoming) power struggle and his committment to seek 'all of China' with his king. In this manner he looks to protect not only his people but the greater country...

that is just the problem... so his purpose to go to war is fame and to be the best... that is just rotten... and once again people may go to war if only his purpose is to protect the so-called HUMAN RIGHTS...

Jul 3, 2013 12:46 PM

shupo said:

that is just the problem... so his purpose to go to war is fame and to be the best... that is just rotten... and once again people may go to war if only his purpose is to protect the so-called HUMAN RIGHTS...

Xin's motivations have been clear since the first five minutes of the first episode of the first season. So I don't get how you're just now seeing a problem. His morality behind his actions and striving to become a general is to show the people that someone as low as him can rise to the ranks of general, that peasants can strive for something more. This is what makes Wang Ben's mindset a huge conflict for him. And he shows his morality in shouting down Wang Ben, claiming his(peasant) men are serving their State just like Wang Ben's are, that they're fighting for the same cause, regardless of status.

And razorwire adds a great point, the reason he reacted the way he did this time is because he knows he has a limited amount of time to gather achievements so that he can fulfill Zheng's trust in him and fight alongside him to protect his life and his throne, and to achieve the greater vision Zheng has.

Jul 3, 2013 1:09 PM
AlexTheRiot said:
shupo said:

Xin's motivations have been clear since the first five minutes of the first episode of the first season. So I don't get how you're just now seeing a problem. His morality behind his actions and striving to become a general is to show the people that someone as low as him can rise to the ranks of general, that peasants can strive for something more. This is what makes Wang Ben's mindset a huge conflict for him. And he shows his morality in shouting down Wang Ben, claiming his(peasant) men are serving their State just like Wang Ben's are, that they're fighting for the same cause, regardless of status.

And razorwire adds a great point, the reason he reacted the way he did this time is because he knows he has a limited amount of time to gather achievements so that he can fulfill Zheng's trust in him and fight alongside him to protect his life and his throne, and to achieve the greater vision Zheng has.

you're right it was already obvious from the start... i was just hoping that cuz he was a mere peasant or even a slave, i was hoping that he would change his point of view... a slave who has never seen fortune would dream big and thus i could understand him why he felt that way and i was thinking when he sees the rotten nobles he will change his point of view because he knows how hard it is to live as a slave... and he knows that he wasnt the only slave

guess trusting in humanity in this anime is unfortunately futile :D
hey but hope he will change later^^

Jul 3, 2013 5:21 PM

shupo said:
the morality towards friends? well its obvious but morality towards stranger and the morality in a war and morality in one's purpose to do an action? nope nothing like that...

and people often think of hitler when someone talks about nationalism but unfortunately hitler just abused that word so the philosophical definition of nationalism is different and more than what hitler did...

Going to be picky one, eh

Even before, when he met Zheng for first time (a total stranger for slave like him), he finally agreed to help him retake his throne. That is, despite the fact Zheng is the main cause for Piao's death.

Of course, you will refuse to believe this is a morality. Not going to help strangers? lol

During assassin arc (not animated) he protect Zheng against a lot of assassins sent by Lu Buwei. He refused to give up even when Qiang Lei clearly dominated him.

Hitler is example why if you define morality with nationalism, it will ended up wrong. A true morality and compassionate heart should free from colour, banner and identity of someone. The value is universal. People treat each other as equal and help anyone needed without considering from where they come from. Nationalism is very limited to your own people. That is why you are wrong from begin with.

Modified by Ayouda_Mawabea, Jul 3, 2013 5:36 PM

Jul 4, 2013 2:55 AM
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

Going to be picky one, eh

Even before, when he met Zheng for first time (a total stranger for slave like him), he finally agreed to help him retake his throne. That is, despite the fact Zheng is the main cause for Piao's death.

Of course, you will refuse to believe this is a morality. Not going to help strangers? lol

During assassin arc (not animated) he protect Zheng against a lot of assassins sent by Lu Buwei. He refused to give up even when Qiang Lei clearly dominated him.

Hitler is example why if you define morality with nationalism, it will ended up wrong. A true morality and compassionate heart should free from colour, banner and identity of someone. The value is universal. People treat each other as equal and help anyone needed without considering from where they come from. Nationalism is very limited to your own people. That is why you are wrong from begin with.

I'm not a hater and with that spoiler I am really really happy cuz hope we can learn something from that... and about the first encounter with zheng, i am well aware of that and that is why i wanted to watch more... but the spoiler is a lot better cuz he helps those who are poor and in need... not like zheng cuz its all about throne and power...

he did not want to give up... yup you're right but in this case we can see it as his ego... but its a matter of perspective...

that one is clear... it was this episode that made me mad (and the reason is hopefully clear... or not? well anyway to put it banally he is like a child [well he is a child] who still lacks the experience of life)

I am from asia, where a lot of colonialism occurred... before the WW2 and even after... a lot of people died to protect their homelands... a lot of people died to protect their people... they are now called national heroes... are you going to put them on the same level as hitler? please dont do that dude... dont insult our ancestors... are you gonna put guan yu and gandhi on the same level as hitler?

true nationalists will never forget human rights... freedom and equality are 2 of the definitions of human rights... they will always prevent their people and country to do something immoral...

seems like you still have not enough knowledge of the definition of nationalism and patriotism dude... if you are in college please ask a philosophy professor and i bet he will also say that hitler only abused the word nationalism...

Jul 4, 2013 3:48 AM

shupo said:

not like zheng cuz its all about throne and power...

Please watch again episode 8 from first season. For what reason Zheng want his throne and power? To protect the future generations from endless war. It is his way to protect life. No way a king would act like a robin hood. A king should act like a king.

that one is clear... it was this episode that made me mad (and the reason is hopefully clear... or not? well anyway to put it banally he is like a child [well he is a child] who still lacks the experience of life)

Xin is a child and he is realistic. He is living according to what people from his era did. He also improved. During first arc, we can see how he act immature and easily enraged by anything. The current development put him more calm and level headed than before (not exactly too much). As example, this episode showed him ask opinion from Qiang Lei, Yuan and Lu Yan about strategies. Indirectly, he admit there is a people better than him in that regard and show no shame to ask them. He also refrained himself a lot even under ridicule from Yufeng unit. It takes a lot to make him angry. Younger Xin would simply run amock immediately.

Again, don't put perspective of our current generation to warring states era 2200 years ago.

I am from asia, where a lot of colonialism occurred... before the WW2 and even after... a lot of people died to protect their homelands... a lot of people died to protect their people... they are now called national heroes... are you going to put them on the same level as hitler? please dont do that dude... dont insult our ancestors... are you gonna put guan yu and gandhi on the same level as hitler?

true nationalists will never forget human rights... freedom and equality are 2 of the definitions of human rights... they will always prevent their people and country to do something immoral...

seems like you still have not enough knowledge of the definition of nationalism and patriotism dude... if you are in college please ask a philosophy professor and i bet he will also say that hitler only abused the word nationalism...

So what if you are from Asia? I will tell you my nation. Indonesia. A nation under consecutive colonialism of Dutch, England, Dutch again, Japan and finally independence. Brought back to semi colonialism during New Order era under support of CIA. I know a lot about nationalism and colonialism.

Nationalism and patriotism simply serving your own people. It doesn't serve different people from yours. How the hell you put such thing as something similar as morality. It doesn't change a fact your argument about nationalism = morality is misplaced.

I used Hitler as example to counter your flawed argument about nationalism and morality. He serving as bad example of nationalism and why nationalism, regardless the nature of it, contain certain danger about it. I have 15 book about Nazi so I know what I was talking about. Really, nationalism is just for your people. I don't get why you mixed them.

Jul 4, 2013 5:11 AM
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

not like zheng cuz its all about throne and power...

Please watch again episode 8 from first season. For what reason Zheng want his throne and power? To protect the future generations from endless war. It is his way to protect life. No way a king would act like a robin hood. A king should act like a king.

Xin is a child and he is realistic. He is living according to what people from his era did. He also improved. During first arc, we can see how he act immature and easily enraged by anything. The current development put him more calm and level headed than before (not exactly too much). As example, this episode showed him ask opinion from Qiang Lei, Yuan and Lu Yan about strategies. Indirectly, he admit there is a people better than him in that regard and show no shame to ask them. He also refrained himself a lot even under ridicule from Yufeng unit. It takes a lot to make him angry. Younger Xin would simply run amock immediately.

Again, don't put perspective of our current generation to warring states era 2200 years ago.

So what if you are from Asia? I will tell you my nation. Indonesia. A nation under consecutive colonialism of Dutch, England, Dutch again, Japan and finally independence. Brought back to semi colonialism during New Order era under support of CIA. I know a lot about nationalism and colonialism.

Nationalism and patriotism simply serving your own people. It doesn't serve different people from yours. How the hell you put such thing as something similar as morality. It doesn't change a fact your argument about nationalism = morality is misplaced.

I used Hitler as example to counter your flawed argument about nationalism and morality. He serving as bad example of nationalism and why nationalism, regardless the nature of it, contain certain danger about it. I have 15 book about Nazi so I know what I was talking about. Really, nationalism is just for your people. I don't get why you mixed them.

I'm not saying that what zhen did was bad... it can be seen as bad cuz everything will have 2 sides of supporters... as well as zhen as a king... with both sides of "supporters" one side will of course sees him as brutal cuz its hard to believe that peace through war is ALMOST impossible...

I know xin is improving and once again that is why i continued to watch and all i said was "he is a child... who STILL lacks of experience..."

ah you're from Indonesia? then it's even worse, cuz you don't respect our ancestors like all the sunans... not as religious people but as human rights protectors and heroes...
someone like tjoet njak dien fought to protect the people cuz they were abused and their rights were taken...
if you don't know and you don't feel like protecting your own people how could you feel and protect other people?

it doesnt matter in what age we are living... cuz human rights and morality have always been the same...

and my example with khalid bin walid... maybe someone like him is rare to only fight for his people and not for his ego but come on xin is only a fiction thus he can be like him as well... and those people are living in the age of "war" (if you think that this age is a peaceful age)
Modified by shupo, Jul 4, 2013 5:18 AM

Jul 4, 2013 5:44 AM

shupo said:

I'm not saying that what zhen did was bad... it can be seen as bad cuz everything will have 2 sides of supporters... as well as zhen as a king... with both sides of "supporters" one side will of course sees him as brutal cuz its hard to believe that peace through war is ALMOST impossible...

It is possible. If you defeat all other kingdoms and stand alone as a single ruler.

shupo said:
ah you're from Indonesia? then it's even worse, cuz you don't respect our ancestors like all the sunans... not as religious people but as human rights protectors and heroes...
someone like tjoet njak dien fought to protect the people cuz they were abused and their rights were taken...
if you don't know and you don't feel like protecting your own people how could you feel and protect other people?

I am listening to you and you continously yapping about ancestors and blah blah blah... one thing is how do you know I won't protect my own people? Do you think nationalism is the only reason why people should protect each other? such shallow mind. Just because I find nationalism is distatesful won't mean I will simply sit around when situation needed me. Helping people doesn't need you to embrace nationalism.

it doesnt matter in what age we are living... cuz human rights and morality have always been the same...

Someone need to take red pill and get ejected from matrix apparently.

and my example with khalid bin walid... maybe someone like him is rare to only fight for his people and not for his ego but come on xin is only a fiction thus he can be like him as well... and those people are living in the age of "war" (if you think that this age is a peaceful age)

Khalid fight for his people?

Do you forget he invaded Persia and Byzantine? Invasion mean he didn't protect his people but robbed another people's land. Quit whitewashing history.

He had his own ulterior motive. As he said himself, he wanted to died as martyr on battlefield, because you will regarded as syuhada and go to heaven. That is why he hated died like old camel on the bed. For his people you say? khe he

This era is quite peaceful in comparison previous centuries.

Jul 4, 2013 6:18 AM

shupo said:
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

and nationalism is actually the basic morality or let say actually if you love your country you will have a high morality... let say (the very basic example) you love your country and you want your country to be peaceful so you prevent war or you protect your people from incoming invasions then that means you live for the others...

What the fuck! Are you five or something and you want every little story to be about little moral lessons and love and shit? Then stick to Disney animated movies and leave us in peace.
A story is a story, it doesn't always have to teach some big lesson. It may be just for fun, it may just want to show harsh realism it may be many things.

Also nationalism is exactly the opposite. Nationalism causes war and stupid crowd mentality. Fighting over stupid pride. A flag means nothing. What is important is the people and nationalism is the kind of ideal that sacrifices the people for a flag. It's a cancer that preaches that a symbol is more important than the people who created it.

Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

It is possible. If you defeat all other kingdoms and stand alone as a single ruler.

shupo said:

I am listening to you and you continously yapping about ancestors and blah blah blah... one thing is how do you know I won't protect my own people? Do you think nationalism is the only reason why people should protect each other? such shallow mind. Just because I find nationalism is distatesful won't mean I will simply sit around when situation needed me. Helping people doesn't need you to embrace nationalism.

Do you forget he invaded Persia and Byzantine? Invasion mean he didn't protect his people but robbed another people's land. Quit whitewashing history.

He had his own ulterior motive. As he said himself, he wanted to died as martyr on battlefield, because you will regarded as syuhada and go to heaven. That is why he hated died like old camel on the bed. For his people you say? khe he

Well said.
Modified by Monad, Jul 4, 2013 7:30 AM

Jul 4, 2013 6:31 AM
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
shupo said:

shupo said:

you actually contradict yourself in some places but you know its your point view and in a debate there will be no ending... if i would i could continue till the day we return to soil :) cuz debating in the internet is somekind of futile... but guess I will end it here and i accept and i have always been accepting those (and you of course) who have different way of thinking... in this case if you think that this is alright then feel free to do that... what i did was only complaining :D and i have the right to do so...

the last thing what i wanna say is that every story has always 2 sides :) so good day

there is no wealth like knowledge and there is no poverty like ignorance

Apr 20, 2014 6:23 PM
originanime

Intense shit!

Jun 15, 2014 9:39 AM

I always wondered why xin hasn't upraded his army with horses etc.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Jun 15, 2014 10:05 AM
Rasco said:
I always wondered why xin hasn't upraded his army with horses etc.

LOL! I also always wondered why he fought with peasant clothes for so long before getting some armour

Oct 13, 2014 1:00 PM

LOL!!! Xin already has armor, it's collecting dust back in his shack!

Nov 17, 2014 8:00 PM

Wang Ben :O I thought his name was Yu Feng but it seems like he's Wang Qi's nephew. And damn is he ever obnoxious. >:O However if he was the main character before Xin im sure I would love him just as much as I do Xin.

Jan 16, 2015 7:03 PM

I'm still pissed that Xin hasn't equipped his armour. I hope meeting that noble guy made him open his eyes

Jun 18, 2015 7:07 AM

Internal conflicts arising. I don't like this arrogant prick. He's probably the first character in Kingdom that I really despise but that's what the author was going for so job well done. To think that he bears the same name as Ou Ki.
Modified by Aizix, Jun 18, 2015 7:17 AM

Jul 22, 2015 12:37 AM

We have a new rival for Xin to conquer. Looks like he has some work to do.

Jul 24, 2016 12:55 PM

Great episode~

But one thing has always bugged me since the first season..... WHY doesn't Xin wear his armor?! I mean, there was an episode dedicated for when he bought it and he went to several battles and even a large-scale war but he still never wore it. lol The only time he wore it was on the day he bought it, he only wore it on his way home. xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .

Aug 27, 2016 6:31 PM

Sep 8, 2017 7:01 AM

Eehh.. you can completely skip this episode+that purple hair guy and it'll still make sense.. probably
One of the worst episode
Not necessary :P

Thanks for adding another character
But I prefer the good old 4 main characters
Modified by Rayl1ght, Sep 8, 2017 7:28 AM
"Signature removed"

Jun 21, 2:08 PM

Ben is too arrogant, I can't stand guys like that.

Jun 23, 3:50 AM

Ben should try to inflate his lips if he wants to reach Wang Qi's level
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker