Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2013 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
At least there will be a 3 episode ending special.
Looking forward to that.

This is about as good as the first season, I liked it.
8/10
Jun 29, 2013 12:19 PM

Dec 2011
The episode was okay. If I didn't know that the specials were coming in August, I'd be pretty disappointed. It was a good set up for the ending and let us know what happened that made Kirino turn on Kyousuke and go all Otaku.

Two things stuck out: 1) Kirino's extreme creep factor discovering little sister eroge 2) Manami's inner bitchiness (I mean she spoke the truth, but woah that caught me off guard)

And with any episode that follows ep 12, severe lack of Ayase. I miss Ayase. Anyway, good season with a good setup for the end, so 7.5/10 for me. Looking forward to August!
Jun 29, 2013 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
Anyone else noticed the end with : See you next time ! ? D:
Jun 29, 2013 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Wow. Really meh. Oh well, it sets everything up at least. Hopefully the end is good, but this episode is really quite below average with nothing we've not seen before. Though, the otaku moments are as interesting as ever.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 29, 2013 12:24 PM

Feb 2011
That was indeed a good episode. Guess we'll have to wait until august for the conclusion of this show. Overall 9/10 , excitement was huge.
Jun 29, 2013 12:24 PM
Mar 2008
Bullshit shallow incest show.
2/10

Let's see how worse it will get with the final 3 eps.
Jun 29, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2011
Pakito said:
Anyone else noticed the end with : See you next time ! ? D:
It's referring to the 3 final episodes released as specials in August that will finish adapting the series.

Feb 2011
guess i gotta wait till august for some actual closure. but damn Manami was never gunna let Kirino win at all from the beginning.

Jul 2011
draker said:
Bullshit shallow incest show.
2/10

Let's see how worse it will get with the final 3 eps.

You idiot.
Thats why the title is Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
Jun 29, 2013 12:27 PM

Aug 2012
Overall, a piss poor second season. Kirino still hasn't changed, and the other important characters got shat on by the writers, especially Ayase. The series felt rushed as they tried to cram 1-2 episodes for each supporting character while still trying to give Kirino the spotlight.

Final score: 3/10

The only saving grace is that for this season is that, like the first season, this episode is not the conclusion.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 29, 2013 12:30 PM
May 2013
Better than the second season, but only by a little. Fun show, pretty good ending if you know that there's gonna be 3 more episodes after this.

7/10, a fun time, but don't expect a Clannad.
Jun 29, 2013 12:33 PM

Oct 2012
So this explains how Kirino developed into the little cunt that she is, at least for s1 she started to become a little likable at the end of season 2.

I found it funny how Ayase began to hate Okuta, she was watching Kirino being angry at those 3 boys, but Kirino was angry because she disagreed with their opinion not because of what they like.
Jun 29, 2013 12:36 PM

Oct 2012
Little Kirino is so adorable!
Jun 29, 2013 12:37 PM

Mar 2011
This episode only slightly raised my opinion of Kirino. Still hate her guts though. The people in this show are horrible humans. I'm looking at you, Manami.

3/10
Jun 29, 2013 12:46 PM

May 2013
I couldn't imagine Manami saying those things to Kirino. Gotta wait for August now.
Jun 29, 2013 12:46 PM
Oct 2012
Pretty underwhelming episode but there's still the specials to look forward to.
Jun 29, 2013 12:50 PM
Dec 2012
crappy episode
Jun 29, 2013 12:52 PM
Jun 2013
BEST EPISODE EVER KIRINO SO CUUUUUTE >_< IT'S CRIMINAL TO BE CUTE AT THIS POINT !!! And I agree with her, Manami is definitively a bitch, die Manami ! >_<
For those who said that this episode is bullshit because it show a bit incest, you're all idiots, all children are like this. I'm pretty sure most of said , when they were really young, that they would married their parents / siblings. However, education taught you that this is not normal, and you dropped it. Kirino grew up with her love for his sister, because the only one who told her that it was bad is Manami, who was at the moment ( and still ) the girl Kirino hated the most, so she didn't really care.
For me, I find incest disgusting, but I would give a 10/10 on OreImo because it's not Kirino's fault if she kept her childhood's feelings.
You just can't handle immoral story, but you don't even try to learn what about the reason this love appears.
Jun 29, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2012
huehue93 said:
Wait so it didn't follow the LN route with

Or is that gonna be done in the specials?

That's from the last volume, volume 12. The anime currently animated up to volume 11. The last 3 episodes are going to cover volume 12.
Jun 29, 2013 12:56 PM

Sep 2008
babymilo91 said:
I couldn't imagine Manami saying those things to Kirino. Gotta wait for August now.

Me too... when I read spoilers I thought...
this is so OOC.
I couldn't imagine Manami like this,
but after this episode.
Jun 29, 2013 1:02 PM

Nov 2011
Just mainly a lot of there history of where it all started.

To say the least it was interesting to see exactly how Kirino became who she is now and how Kyousuke was before. Just have to wait for the specials for the better stuff.

I thought it was good overall though.

LittleStar said:
babymilo91 said:

Me too... when I read spoilers I thought...
this is so OOC.
I couldn't imagine Manami like this,
but after this episode.

It seemed like she was partially trying to help her though. It took her time but she realized Kyousuke is actually just a normal guy whom is just willing to go the extra mile when needed be, not the super amazing brother she thought he was.
As for the whole "Little sister loving brother" thing, either she was just blatantly telling the truth to her(which is kind of mean, but true) or maybe it's to protect her. Before she would wildly go around proclaiming things to the world, but it seems after that she began hiding things that she knew wouldn't be as socially acceptable to people, like being an otaku. Maybe it was like a life-lesson, after all we do see her being kinder beforehand, even wanting to rekindle their relationship.
RagixJun 29, 2013 1:07 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 29, 2013 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode that readies us for the true ending specials. :3
Jun 29, 2013 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
It's gross how Kirino's hair becomes more orange with age.
Jun 29, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
I personally liked that the whole episode was Kirino's side of the story. I finally understand her a lot better now, and what influenced her to be the girl she is today.
It was also fun to see Kyouske full of life and being so active as a kid. Too bad he became lazy as he grew up.

Well now to wait for the OVAs. I'm looking forward to it.
Jun 29, 2013 1:09 PM

Mar 2009
Ugh, screw this. How can you people cheer on INCEST!? That's just ****ing disgusting! I'm glad manami told her that shit was creepy from an earlier age (even though it still turned into this). I would have been fine with a kuroneko,ayase,manami,saori, or hell even kanako ending, but his ****ing sister!? I threw up in my mouth after getting to a certain chapter in the LN. I mean, I thought everything would turn out fine when he started showing interest in, and eventually dating Kuroneko, but WTF! Plain disgusting. Good God I hope they change it at the last minute and make him go back to Kuroneko or ayase.

Jun 29, 2013 1:10 PM
Jan 2011
manami ruined everything. perhaps she could have won kyousuke if she wasn't such an evil manipulating dog. kirino would have grown up normally. it's her fault. the specials better not show manami winning.

i'm on your side kirino.
Jun 29, 2013 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
this season isn't really doing the light novel justice (hell, in the LN, Kyousuke was avoiding Kirino because she was reminding him of his old self; it was mentioned a little) this makes it look like it was all Kirino

I wish people would quit saying Kirino was a b*tch, cause she wasn't, she was actually quite selfless (she was willing to allow Kyousuke and Kuroneko to date cause she wanted them to be happy even though it hurt her, she showed Kyousuke her dere side when Kyousuke went to pick her up for the concert, and she begged Ayase to look after Kyousuke and made a bet so that he would be motivated to study and win).

Most people hate her just cause their favorite pair didn't win or because they don't like -cest

The incest doesn't make this a bad story or does it make Kirino a bad character, it just means you don't like incest and thus the story, not that it sucks

And just cause your favorite pairing didn't win doesn't mean that the series is bad or that Kyousuke and Kirino suck, it just means you don't like the pair

not liking something and something being bad are 2 different things

If Kuroneko or Ayase won, then lots of you would have been singing different tunes......

that being said, this season did feel slightly rushed; but wasn't complete crap, I do feel it didn't do the LN justice but wasn't too horrible.... 6/10 for second season; 1st was 7 out of 10....... but this was overall a great series (or else none of you people would have been watching this series up to this point, and it wouldn't be this big through out the world, and millions of people wouldn't be looking forward to this..... the LN is definitely an 8/10 (a ten is for the unnaturally amazing stuff in my opinion, this was great, but not utterly amazing series) the characters have some depth and are not 1 dimensional (the way most people view characters

in my opinion a 1 dimensional character sucks no matter how bad ass, especially compared to a character that looks bad 1 dimensional, but when looked at as a 3 dimensional being is actually really good, cause those characters have true depth and are most intresting
Jun 29, 2013 1:11 PM

Apr 2012
The flashback was all right giving us some background into how things ended up like they did between them, but overall this has been a bit of a dissapointment. Let's see how they end it with the OVA's.

Brego1Jun 29, 2013 1:21 PM
Jun 29, 2013 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
Tenshi_Sky said:
Ugh, screw this. How can you people cheer on INCEST!? That's just ****ing disgusting! I'm glad manami told her that shit was creepy from an earlier age (even though it still turned into this). I would have been fine with a kuroneko,ayase,manami,saori, or hell even kanako ending, but his ****ing sister!? I threw up in my mouth after getting to a certain chapter in the LN. I mean, I thought everything would turn out fine when he started showing interest in, and eventually dating Kuroneko, but WTF! Plain disgusting. Good God I hope they change it at the last minute and make him go back to Kuroneko or ayase.

Its actually manami's fault that things ended like this, if she wasn't such a scheming bitch kirino would have outgrown her love (or rather idolization) for her brother which many siblings have. Instead manami created competitition for kyousuke where there was none and actually made kirino develop a complex for him in order to get her brother back.

Also this is anime, sure its disgusting in real life but anime its fine so deal with it.
Jun 29, 2013 1:13 PM

Jul 2012
Tenshi_Sky said:

Because not everyone shares your ideals? I know it's shocking that people don't have the same opinions of things as you, but it's true.

...I really don't know how I feel about Kirino or Manami. All I know for sure is I hate Ayase, really.

4/10. Crappy pacing, crappy development, crappy.. almost everything.
Jun 29, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2011
Shimapan-chan said:

Called hair dye
Jun 29, 2013 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
This was rather anti-climactic. And Manami is the villain.

Oh boy.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 29, 2013 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
What an odd place to end the season.
Jun 29, 2013 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
antonn said:

the specials will continue the story.
Jun 29, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2009
I understand flashbacks can be important in anime for character development, but I always feel disappointed 5 minutes in when I realize the entire episode is going to be a flashback.

I've already read spoilers so I generally know what happens...but I'm still interested in how they are going to portray this in the coming episodes.
Jun 29, 2013 1:20 PM
Nov 2009
pretty decent episode though the spoilers about the end killed the hype, well let's wait for the incest ending.
westermarck effect: the anime, not that I complain.
Jun 29, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2010
huehue93 said:
antonn said:

I know, doesn't change my opinion that it was odd. If I didn't know about the specials, my reaction would be far more negative than passive.
antonnJun 29, 2013 1:26 PM
Jun 29, 2013 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode!
Jun 29, 2013 1:25 PM

Mar 2009
huehue93 said:
Tenshi_Sky said:

Its actually manami's fault that things ended like this, if she wasn't such a scheming bitch kirino would have outgrown her love (or rather idolization) for her brother which many siblings have. Instead manami created competitition for kyousuke where there was none and actually made kirino develop a complex for him in order to get her brother back.

Also this is anime, sure its disgusting in real life but anime its fine so deal with it.

Dude, it's disgusting no matter what form it's in. Bull crap, kirino would have out grown it if Kyou hadn't denied a non-disgusting relationship with kuroneko. I wanted them to bond and get back together as siblings, not ****! Oh god, just disgusting. -_-

Jun 29, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
Although I understand the point of this episode, to highlight Kirino's history and how she developed into the character she is, I can't seem to make myself enjoy it. I didn't know what I expected when I started watching the episode. For starters, I honestly thought they were going to finish the adaptation of the light novels with (hopefully) a different ending with the specials in August as alternate endings for the other female characters. Instead, we got an episode detailing Kirino's past and how she obtained this obsession with her brother.

I am a little relieved however. I had trouble depicting how they would adapt the ending of the light novels into one final episode and this episode only confirms that the specials will completely follow the light novels.

I'm sure we all know who Kyousuke is going to end up with based solely on the title of the series (still rooting for Ayase though :> ).

I really hope they do a good job ending the anime series. I was quite disappointed when I read the light novel summary of the finale and it would bring a tear to my eye if the anime did a revision of it (a good one too please!). But for now, all we can do is wait til August. This is truly going to test my patience :<
Jun 29, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Shimapan-chan said:

she actually dyed her hair

and for Manami, yes, she could have said what she did a better way, but she was a kid that was looking out for Kyousuke and Kirino; Kyousuke was a kid that went over board and ended up causing himself problems and Kirino was going down a route that wasn't socially acceptable and could have caused her big problems in the future...

the problem was that Kyousuke went from an idiot that thought he was invincible and would try too hard to an overly lazy idiot that gave up too quickly and avoided his sister cause she reminded him of his old self and he didn't explain himself to her or anything

Kirino was a little sister who practically worshiped her big brother and then he just suddenly changed without any warning; he was already avoiding her because hanging out with his little sis was "lame".. ect..
Jun 29, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2012
I DEMAND THIS ON AUGUST!

HIGH SPOILER ALERT!

Jun 29, 2013 1:29 PM
Jun 2013
Maaaaaaaan gotta wait till August to see the rest.
Cute episode tho. Kid Kyousuke is surprisingly cute ^_^
Jun 29, 2013 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
Tenshi_Sky said:

I can't wait to see your reaction in August.
Jun 29, 2013 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
Tenshi_Sky said:
huehue93 said:
Tenshi_Sky said:

Dude, it's disgusting no matter what form it's in. Bull crap, kirino would have out grown it if Kyou hadn't denied a non-disgusting relationship with kuroneko. I wanted them to bond and get back together as siblings, not ****! Oh god, just disgusting. -_-

>Watched wincest show
>Complains about wincest being gross
Jun 29, 2013 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
World of mad general
Jun 29, 2013 1:33 PM

Nov 2011
antonn said:
huehue93 said:
antonn said:

I know, doesn't change my opinion that it was odd. If I didn't know about the specials, my reaction would be far more negative than passive.

It feels more like they don't understand that one of the more critical areas that people rate on when it comes to an anime is how it ends. For S1 and now S2 it seems that they just give us an average ending and leave the better stuff separate as specials.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 29, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2009
Durbikins said:
Tenshi_Sky said:

I can't wait to see your reaction in August.

You won't cause I JUST stopped caring. To me, the season ended when he started dating kuroneko. Everything past that is just disgusting incest trash. How did he go from being such a cool MC to being a creepy, disgusting, sis-con? I knew **** was going down hill when he had that pic of kirino in a bikini on his phone. o_0

Jun 29, 2013 1:36 PM

Sep 2012
Well end of a season D;
Still think he shuda picked Ayase
Jun 29, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
From what I read it is confirmed that on final BD/DVD there will be episodes based on novel, that's why final episode for TV series is like this.
So don't have hopes for something else.
I think they put it on DVD/BD not because season schedule,
but they couldn't put this on TV due to the audience, broadcasting time...
or something like this.

I watched anime which don't show some scenes from manga, because of these reason...

Well... I would be happy if there put some alternative versions,
but I don't have big hopes.

Ps. This anime learn me...
Just because couple have special alternative episode added to DVD/BD,
female character is very popular and have theme song with MC,
doesn't mean = canon at the end of series.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

244 by Cammell »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.