Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2013 7:14 PM

Apr 2013
Barion-Zara said:
93% 5/5 O.O

Never expected to see that for this series.

Well looking forward to S2
out of 37 votes ...
Jun 27, 2013 7:16 PM

Feb 2013
OH...MY...GOSH....

This episode literally took my breath away. All the reveals, all the carnage, all the mayhem....just wow...

Cain finally showed his hand, and how! Slaughtering students left and right, using poison gas, he is serious about this. L-elf expected Cain, but we find that despite this, he still is not prepared for the onslaught of his former teacher and master. And if L-elf is scared, you had best be too.

Haruto joins up with L-elf after Cain literally kicks their buts. However, it is only when Akira takes her place as the last of the Valvrave pilots that things take a turn for the better. Well, that is until Cain truly reveals his hand. It seems VVV2 is an unfinished Valvrave, but all it needed was the missing piece that was the green crystal in his birdcage. This crystal becomes the AI entity known as "Blue", who is not only the angry shadowed image behind VVV-tan ("Red"?), but is also her elder brother, and has a hatred for humans. And for the first time, his activation, allows "VVV-tan" to speak!

Going back to Akira, we find that her agoraphobia, is a result of her being violently bullied in school (what is it with Japanese anime schools that they allow bullying of this intensity and blatancy?). Through a conversation with her, Shoko, and her brother, and then Shoko being knocked out by the oncoming drill, Akira finally finds the courage to come forth from out of the shadows in order to protect her friend. She becomes the pilot of VVV6, which seems to have the ability of "hacking" any object it touches with it's staff.

Akira is the only one able to stop the drill, just as it reaches the school, as the other 3 Valvraves have been put out of commission by Q-4 and X-1.

Saki is another amazing plot point in this episode, as we get another future shot of her with a young boy who happens to look like a wide-eyed version of L-elf! Is this her son? Is is L-elf and not Haruto that she gets together with? Was it their family photo that was in her locket and did she make her promise too him some 14 years before the last flash forward and 11 years before this one? And if so, how does he become an immortal? And if he is then that means he's not dead, so what's going on?

Also, we see that this is 3 years before the last flash forward, and the 3rd Galactic Reich has taken over the galaxy. She speaks of "The Founder" and how he was first fighting for "Module 77" in those days, and the first time he had contact with a Magius. Is the Founder Haruto? L-elf? I'm guessing the "Magius" she's referring to is Cain, but that's not clear, though we do notice that she where's the Magius symbol on her thigh.

And who are the Magius? Well, it looks as if we are delving into the "secret society that runs everything" trope, as we learn that not only Cain, but also the BOTH world leaders, as well as the Fuhrer's council, are also also Magius. and that they basically run the world. Well, I can honestly say that I didn't expect that.

Haruto and his fellow pilots aren't as unique as they thought, and Haruto is a "third generation" according to Cain, and he doesn't seem too impressed. Speaking of Haruto, Saki of course denies his proposal, saying that she is an idol and is above all that, and that sexual assault is something that an idol has to live with. However, even naive Haruto sees that it's a front, and we can see that Saki is trembling from emotional pain inside her cockpit. Now whether that's because she loves Haruto, but knows that what's happened between them will only cause them misery, or because she is remembering that night, or a little bit of both? That is up for interpretation.

Well, back to the Magius, we can see they are somewhat magical vampires, as Cain speaks a spell or chant over himself to create the green bubble he uses to break into the room with VVV2. A-drei (who it seems is through with L-elf's noncooperation) and H-neun (who it seems honestly just really wanted to share tea with Kriemhild) as well as L-elf and Haruto witness his powers and discover that he is in fact not human but Magius vampire. He can use Blue to power any Valvrave he wants so, it's possible that it's the entity that allows you to pilot and not the machine. So if Haruto's vehicle was destroyed, he could, in all possibility take out VVV-tan's "crystal" and place it into another frame and create a new Valvrave!

I can hardly wait for next season, a whole 3 months or so away. This show looks like it can easily become Sunrise's next franchise. It's obvious that the Magius win and take over the galaxy, but we need to see how it is that they get there. What troubles will Haruto and his friend come across along the way? What is the nature of the 3rd Galactic Reich?

Oh, I have never hoped for October to come so soon! I give this episode a 9.98/10, only because I hoped for some named characters to die. Yet, with Cain with a Valvrave of his own, I think that the students of Module 77 aren't out of the woods yet.

I give this season a 9/10. It kept me highly entertained, and even with some rather ridiculous moments, I know I've found a keeper. I'll be awaiting the second season with high anticipation.
Jun 27, 2013 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
Oh WOAH. What a way to end things.
Akira became the pilot of the new valvrave. It wasn't nice seeing her breaking down like that.
Anyways....that was amazing. I'm so looking forward to the next season.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Jun 27, 2013 7:25 PM

Jun 2013
Irenesharda said:

Saki is another amazing plot point in this episode, as we get another future shot of her with a young boy who happens to look like a wide-eyed version of L-elf! Is this her son? Is is L-elf and not Haruto that she gets together with? Was it their family photo that was in her locket and did she make her promise too him some 14 years before the last flash forward and 11 years before this one? And if so, how does he become an immortal? And if he is then that means he's not dead, so what's going on?

Season 2 come soon! haha. I was like "WTF" at the young L-ef-looking boy. Saki was looking all soft and kind, telling hima story about the past " like "How I met your Father". When Cain was all glow-y after Haruto shot him from the V1, I was kind of expecting him to do some green-glow-y magic that will fuse L-elf and Haruto together or something. THAT or the L-elf x Haruto's bastard child theory.
IF YOU DON’T SHIP MY OTP, I SWEAR TO GOD I’ll be okay with that.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 27, 2013 7:32 PM

Sep 2012
I need Season 2 right now
Jun 27, 2013 7:34 PM

May 2011
neontaster said:
Valvrave >>>>>>>>>>>> Geass. Yeah, I said it. Come at me, Onii-chan.

I hate to admit this, but I actually did like it more than S1 of Code Geass. For it to beat S2, however, it'll need something as brilliant as that final episode.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
kenshin_sama said:
Leave it to Sunrise to give an unbelievably exciting ending to get the hype going for another season. Seriously, the amount of ridiculousness in this anime is just brilliant! It's times like these that remind me why I fucking LOVE Sunrise. Need 2nd cour ASAP!!!!

8/10

Sunrise receiving actually love and appreciation for their efforts in a mecha show? What is this 1984? *gasp*

Seeing a post like this almost single handedly cancels out all the bullshit I've seen getting spewed at this show and it's creators for the better part of the season. Fuck the haters, they can't stop all people from enjoying this show no matter how hard they push, only those that have already made up their minds before the fact anyway.

Ah, well, I suppose there will be times where series like Valvrave will end up on the negative side of things. Being around on MAL as long as I have, it's something I've come to get use to. That said, it's kinda hard to see how so many people keep trashing on an anime that does so many things to make itself enjoyable. Between the directing, the soundtrack, the animation, and its unique setting, Valvrave is the kind of anime that I can very easily come to love.
Jun 27, 2013 7:35 PM
Sep 2012
Worst best anime I've ever seen.

It's so bad that it's good.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Jun 27, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2012
Sakichan wa haha ni natta.

It's SANDAA!!!

Mashin Gan Panchi!!!!

Iron the thunder.

It's pointless pointless pointless!!!

Sakichan's scream.

Just get the heck out, hikikomori.

Varuvureivu Shikkusu! Varuvureivu Tsuu!

Nii-nii-oniichan!

Best ep so far. Valvrave's finally getting awesome.
And finally, a good villian mecha. A little too late.
Eru-Erufu was keeping the earlier crappy episodes barely watchable. Would've dropped this show if not for him.
ShirubaasouruJun 27, 2013 7:46 PM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 27, 2013 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
kenshin_sama said:
I hate to admit this, but I actually did like it more than S1 of Code Geass. For it to beat S2, however, it'll need something as brilliant as that final episode.

I thought Geass fell apart in R2. It was certainly big and epic and whatnot, but something about the vibe of season 1 was lost and many things that felt like they were a set up for a later pay off never really paid off. I'm actually hoping that Valvrave manages to at least stay consistent until the end.
Jun 27, 2013 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
Despite all the stupid this show had I still enjoyed it. There were some serious moments and those moments were good. Can't say I enjoyed the rape scene though.

7/10, looking forward to more laughs the second season. Honestly I hope it gets a lot better in season two.
Jun 27, 2013 7:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
SacrificialMoon said:
Worst best anime I've ever seen.

It's so bad that it's good.

Stop being tsundere and say you liked it. Come on.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 27, 2013 7:44 PM

Feb 2012
I'm expecting a mahou shoujo and someone to go SSJ next season.

It was nice to see eru erufu getting his ass handed to him this ep. He's finally no longer mr untouchable!
Jun 27, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2012
John Eru-Erufu Titor?

Akira fucked shit up. She'll be a more useful pilot than Kyuuma and Yamada I'm sure. Pretty lame how Dorssia always conveniently comes up with these traps to immobilize the VVV's when the plot needs it. They gave them all their screentime to show off a couple of moves just to get stuck again and provide nothing for the battle or episode.

But on Akira, I'm not sure but does she have a disability? Someone mentioned it last week, but until this episode with the "retard" written on her belongings, nothing seemed to stand out unless I missed something early on. If it's true, I'm not really sure how I feel about Sunrise pulling that..

Lol Magnius, rulers from the shadows. Because there has to be the organization pulling the strings from the shadows. Every concept and trope must be used!

Thought it was a bit of a disappointing finale, but damn that was a really good preview. I really liked the looks of the new setting. Damn good job getting the hype train going. This series just has this ineffable charm to it.
Jun 27, 2013 7:54 PM

May 2011
neontaster said:
kenshin_sama said:

I thought Geass fell apart in R2. It was certainly big and epic and whatnot, but something about the vibe of season 1 was lost and many things that felt like they were a set up for a later pay off never really paid off. I'm actually hoping that Valvrave manages to at least stay consistent until the end.

You are right about that. S2 lacked a lot of semblance to the first, and it was a little bit of a challenge to watch at the beginning of it. But what makes the sequel so much better for me was how magnificently handled that final scene was. It was the single most enjoyable moment I have ever had watching anime. But yeah, if Valvrave does avoid that flaw that Code Geass made with the consistency, then it's possible that I'll like it more.
Jun 27, 2013 7:57 PM

Aug 2012
I bet those Dorsians will become allies on the 2nd Season, at least H-neun didnt know who Cain really was.
Jun 27, 2013 7:59 PM
Jun 2013
To sum up this episode:

Akira got the purple Valvrave as most people guessed.

AI-tan has an older brother.

Haruto got rejected.

L-Elf is not as perfect as we thought.

Cain isn't human.

And that kid in the future.

Shoko was pretty good but still didn't develop quite yet.

Akira's Valvrave: So we finally see the purple Valvrave in action and as we guessed, it was indeed Akira who piloted it. The Valvrave's weapon seems to fit Akira perfectly, with the whole Hacking and all. I was honestly bursting with excitement during that scene, it was damn epic. A few laughs when she bursted out of her hiding place screaming "Supermarket" as her charging line.

AI-Tan's Brother: So, AI-tan isn't an only child? Lol. Well, I was surprised to see that "Blue" guy much more when AI-tan stammered the whole "Onii-chan" bit, found it extremely cute honestly, kinda the highlight of the episode for me next to Akira-chan's piloting.

Blue guy isn't very nice it seems. Just hope he isn't as curious as AI-tan, hate to see Cain screwing girls from left to right. Lol.

Haruto's Rejection: I was half expecting an acceptance and half expecting a rejection. Saki probably did the right thing here, although I was really disappointed since I ship HarutoxSaki (Still do.) but the whole taking responsibility is what (in my guess.) made Saki reject him on the spot with her excuse. It's clear that Saki loves Haruto and clearly she wasn't gonna let him take responsibility from an action he had no control over, although she seem to appreciate it, she wouldn't use it to her advantage on him. Right there is an excellent development for Saki. Props to her.

L-elf: Now we see that L-elf isn't as perfect as most of us thought. Despite his incredible abilities, be it physical or mental, he's still no match for the master. It isn't impossible for the student to surpass the master but, L-elf needs more training to beat Cain it seems. I was surprised L-elf lost though.

Cain's Humanity: I didn't really expect his involvement with AI to be at that level. When he was being shot by Haruto I kept thinking that he won't die (Otherwise S2's plot will probably not make much sense) and I was right, still being inhuman wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Future Kid: Now who is that little munchkin that looks like L-elf? Possibly his child? Or L-elf himself? Who knows.

Here are my speculations:

The child is Haruto and Saki's kid. Perhaps both being "vampires" had altered their DNA somehow like the AI's has somewhat a genetic share in it -shrugs-

The child is L-elf's and Shoko's. Who knows, right? We never really did see the kid calling Saki "Okaa-san" or any other name pertaining to mom so maybe, just maybe it isn't Saki's kid after all.

L-elf's and Saki's. Looks almost impossible in my view to be honest but hey, Valvrave has given a lot of unimaginable things so this is probably child's play.

Saki and Cain's? -Shivers- Ugh. No. Just please No. Whatever that shot from the S2 indicates I just wish it isn't what I think it is -Shakes Head-

The Kid is no one's child. He could just be some random person's kid, probably one of the most realistic (in my opinion.) explanation there is. Like I said before, there was so absolutely no indication that the kid was related to Saki. If there's one I missed then please point it out. Thanks.

Overall, this episode gave more questions than answer but extremely made it as epic as possible. I'm excited for the next season. October you say? Bring it on.

Rate: 9.5/10

- SolKeeper
Jun 27, 2013 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
Jun 27, 2013 8:08 PM
Oct 2010
10/10, the entertainment factor was at some absurd levels here. As long as you don't take this show seriously it's easily the greatest series this season.
Jun 27, 2013 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
nice that Akira became a pilot of valvrave but holy shit so much stuff happen in this episode like Saki might end up with L-Elf and have a kid in the future lol, and that Cain is another none human character and he holds blue that was the brother of vvv tan
Jun 27, 2013 8:09 PM
Oct 2010
6/10

The trollish random plot makes it entertaining to watch, but that's about it for me.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 27, 2013 8:16 PM
Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
Fai said:
Also notable is the fact that Shouko is COMPLETELY absent from S2 preview.

Are you deaf or shippingshit blocks your ears? She speaks right before Saki.

I didn't hear her. Her voice is high pitched therefore really noticeable but I didn't notice her. I was pretty sure it was Akira-chan who spoke before Saki screamed "Haruto! Save me!"
Jun 27, 2013 8:17 PM

Feb 2013
rederoin said:
mixordia said:
Saki x L-Elf? Ohh... I will like if it happens!

That kid has Haruto's eyes.

I think its either Eru erufu x Saki/Haruto's kid or Eru erufu and Haruto's kid(I would not be surprised if this way actually possible).

Well, because of the lighting, we can't tell if the kid's eyes are blue or violet. Violet can suggest either L-elf or Saki (they both have the same eye color). However, since the boy's got L-elf's looks, I'd say child of L-elf and Saki.

Aug 2012
SolKeeper said:
bastek66 said:
Fai said:

I didn't hear her. Her voice is high pitched therefore really noticeable but I didn't notice her. I was pretty sure it was Akira-chan who spoke before Saki screamed "Haruto! Save me!"

Nah it was her that said "you were worried about me?"
Oct 2010
So next season we get explanations for the hidden history, friendship of the dead, the 101 council, the children of the valvrave, a clan that eats life and the seed of the galactic empire? Sounds legit, this show got everything, conspiracy theories, rape, mechs, super powers, vampires, tits, screaming ability names and more!
Jun 27, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2012
skudoops said:
10/10, the entertainment factor was at some absurd levels here. As long as you don't take this show seriously it's easily the greatest series this season.
Considering you're only watching 4 shows this season, saying it's the 'greatest series this season' is quite laughable.
Jun 27, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2011
Asrance88 said:
Saki rejected Haruto's proposal though i still hope they get together in the end.. guess its to be expected for now.. but whats with their conversation?

what sort of things could she be referring to? wasn't she a virgin till Haruto.. just what kind of past did she have?

That's only an excuse.
Jun 27, 2013 8:22 PM
Oct 2010
Yvese said:
skudoops said:
Considering you're only watching 4 shows this season, saying it's the 'greatest series this season' is quite laughable.

I've dropped the rest. Such as attack on titan, karneval, Majestic prince and I am now finish maou.
Jun 27, 2013 8:27 PM

Feb 2013
neontaster said:
kenshin_sama said:

Agree, totally thought S1 of Geass was better than R2, which I thought began to become convoluted and come apart. However, in comparison to Valvrave? I'd have to say that while I like Geass better, Valvrave is a close second.

One thing about VVV, is that its Suzaku, is actually bearable...LOL
Jun 27, 2013 8:27 PM
Jun 2013
2thuriel said:
Asrance88 said:
Saki rejected Haruto's proposal though i still hope they get together in the end.. guess its to be expected for now.. but whats with their conversation?

what sort of things could she be referring to? wasn't she a virgin till Haruto.. just what kind of past did she have?

That's only an excuse.

Oh ok thats good to know..thanks
Jun 27, 2013 8:29 PM
Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
SolKeeper said:
bastek66 said:
Fai said:

Nah it was her that said "you were worried about me?"

Oh? For me at least, it sounded more deeper and depressed like Akira than Shouko but meh XD
Jun 27, 2013 8:30 PM
Jan 2012
What? Akira bullied? In a school where teachers are supposed to be soldiers? Well, at least now she can do the hikki on the VVV, it's more spacious and she can hack better.
Illuminati is the evil, God I've always said that!!
+1 to Shouko playing with 3D maneuver gear with the power of happy rainbows and friendship.
Best show ever, 11/10.

And let me troll, the show is trolling me, then I fight back D:
Jun 27, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2012
Just a few things
One never would have thought that Akira would be the one to pilot the purple robot. Second never thought L would ever lose. And wtf Cain not human, and who the fuck is blue. So now I have to wait till October for season two. I don't know if I should be happy or pissed.
Jun 27, 2013 8:42 PM
Oct 2010
bbQsauce said:
What? Akira bullied? In a school where teachers are supposed to be soldiers? Well, at least now she can do the hikki on the VVV, it's more spacious and she can hack better.
Illuminati is the evil, God I've always said that!!
+1 to Shouko playing with 3D maneuver gear with the power of happy rainbows and friendship.
Best show ever, 11/10.

And let me troll, the show is trolling me, then I fight back D:

Pretty sure they weren't in that school when she got bullied. Not 100% sure about that but he mentioned it happened when she was alot younger.
Jun 27, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
Just had to make an account to say how amazing this show has been. You never disappoint, Sunrise. (no, I refuse to accept that Gundam AGE exists)
Jun 27, 2013 8:47 PM

Feb 2011
Wow.. just wow I didn't expected that Hikikomori is going to pilot the purple Valvrave. well at least it's not predictable anymore lol. Valvrave with hacking skills = awesome. And didn't know that Cain has some sort of magical powers. Preview shows H-neun is all covered with blood and holding a gun i am guessing that L-elf will probably die somewhere in season 2. unless it's H-neun turn to betray Dorssian next.

I really can't wait what will happen next. Sadly :( we all have to wait till October to watch the second season of Valvrave.
Jun 27, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
I'm 100% sure that we will meet the same people who bash this series in second season discussion thread. Either they are M or they are tsundere.

Note: I'm haven't watch the last episode yet.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 27, 2013 8:51 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
I'm 100% sure that we will meet the same people who bash this series in second season discussion thread. Either they are M or they are tsundere.

Note: I'm haven't watch the last episode yet.

How dare you, sir?! A show about space vampires and Imouto demons is serious business!
Jun 27, 2013 8:52 PM
May 2013
Sourire said:
bastek66 said:
Butthurt imminent
NTR incoming.

I hate Haruto but if this seriously happens I'm dropping this show.

no ntr plz
Jun 27, 2013 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
holy fuckin christ,
all those absurdity make this show enjoyable as fuck....
now I'm eager to watch the seacond season :D
Jun 27, 2013 8:58 PM
Jan 2012
skudoops said:
Pretty sure they weren't in that school when she got bullied. Not 100% sure about that but he mentioned it happened when she was alot younger.
And she lived in a room all along that apparently no one ever visited.
Make sense.
I mean, it's not like anyone in that school has something called IQ or something.
"Hey! There's a giant drill under the school that's coming to slaughter us! Wanna go see it toghetah???"
"Yeeee!!"

NeoAnkara said:
I have to say, I liked it, it's entertaining and enjoyable, but it's stupid as hell, I would never say that it is a good series, it's not a show that appeals to the rational side of the viewer, or worse, it's trying but failing.
Maybe that's why it's so enjoyable...
bbQsauceJun 27, 2013 9:04 PM
Jun 27, 2013 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
Shih said:
ThangLong said:

Honestly, I don't like his character design. Looks way too feminine.
(He looks like Hataraku Maou-Sama's Yuusha)
Btw, CV: Yonaga Tsubasa

I agree. Disliked this entire part it just felt like more trolling to me tbh.
Somehow I had a feeling Akira was going to pilot the purple Valvrave, but whatever.
All in all, it was just so, so entertaining to watch this show every week. I wouldn't consider it "good" really in terms of plot or characters or whatever the fk MAL rates by, but there was so much fun in this. Oh yeah, and L-Elf will now be my husbando until the second half in autumn. B)

bbQsauce said:
NeoAnkara said:
I have to say, I liked it, it's entertaining and enjoyable, but it's stupid as hell, I would never say that it is a good series, it's not a show that appeals to the rational side of the viewer, or worse, it's trying but failing.
Maybe that's why it's so enjoyable...

MAN YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUTTA MY MOUTH.
tlneJun 27, 2013 9:06 PM
Jun 27, 2013 9:06 PM

Apr 2013
skudoops said:
Yvese said:
skudoops said:

I've dropped the rest. Such as attack on titan, karneval, Majestic prince and I am now finish maou.
Quote "horrendous pacing just read the manga instead" .. the manga has the same pacing than the anime (talking about SnK) And giving Kakumei Valvrave 10/10 and dropping SnK is laughable.
Jun 27, 2013 9:09 PM

Apr 2009
mixordia said:
Saki x L-Elf? Ohh... I will like if it happens!

L-Elf x haruto
Jun 27, 2013 9:11 PM

Apr 2009
Sourire said:
Tyrel said:
Welp. I can describe this series as being a "Troll/Funny" type, basically saying it was my go to for laughs and giggles. If it wasn't for all the laughs + gg's subs<3, I'd have dropped this show long ago.

5.5/10.
#YOLO, you're generous.. -.5 = 5/10

i give the show a 9 mad?
Jun 27, 2013 9:13 PM

Nov 2007
Wasn't really looking forward to the second season, now I am pumped! Damn you Sunrise Inc. Not fair!

But my overall impression of the anime changed not much. So despite an intriguing ending before the second season, I will give this a 7/10.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 27, 2013 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
Sourire said:
skudoops said:
Yvese said:
skudoops said:

Quote "horrendous pacing just read the manga instead" .. the manga has the same pacing than the anime (talking about SnK) And giving Kakumei Valvrave 10/10 and dropping SnK is laughable.

Well, if you read the manga in a batch the pacing is however fast you want it to be, compared to the anime which artificially dragged the story out by including a recap before every episode as well as some original fillers to draw things out so they can end the arc on episode 13.

Anyways, I'd give Season 1 a 666/10.
Jun 27, 2013 9:16 PM

Sep 2011
Calumz said:
Sourire said:
Tyrel said:
Welp. I can describe this series as being a "Troll/Funny" type, basically saying it was my go to for laughs and giggles. If it wasn't for all the laughs + gg's subs<3, I'd have dropped this show long ago.

5.5/10.
#YOLO, you're generous.. -.5 = 5/10

i give the show a 9 mad?

Why would we be mad? You're just acting immature now lol.
Jun 27, 2013 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Say what you will but i like Valvrave just for how crazy it is for purely entertainment it's up there with like GC while everything is uh..debatable right now.

but talk about an wild episode things that caught my eye

Kid at the start Looking like l-elf

Akira being the pilot of the purple valvrave !

Cain being all glowy and shit and his angry AI

hyped for Season 2 after seeing that preview lol.
Jun 27, 2013 9:19 PM
Oct 2010
Sourire said:
skudoops said:
Yvese said:
skudoops said:

The pacing is alot better in the manga because the scenes aren't drawn out. BTW I gave valvrave 10/10 because it's extremely entertaining.
Jun 27, 2013 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
Tyrel said:

5.5/10.

Lol, this. I'll just give it a 6/10 because it entertained me and because of L-Elf, this last ep was completely ridiculous, I just laughed for half the episode.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.