Jun 28, 2013 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
If i see filler i just put the show on hold
Im victoria's secret

Jun 28, 2013 5:31 PM

Nov 2010
Wallmer90 said:
If i see filler i just put the show on hold
For how long because two of your favorite anime are famous for their filler.
Jun 28, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
Depends on the filler contents. Does it involve a beach, a pool or a hotspring?
Jun 28, 2013 6:13 PM

Aug 2010
It totally depends on the filler. Some are perfectly fine, and some are horrid.

Naruto is a good example. Some of the filler ain't half bad. But the worst filler is mind-numbing!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 28, 2013 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
Some filler eps are ok. Like a few of Fairy Tail's single ep ones. But seeing as the majority of them are shit, I'd say I don't like them on the whole.
Jun 28, 2013 10:43 PM
Jan 2012
Oh yeah just watching the most important battle in Bleach, luckily this week is a 2 episode special, finish first episode, massive cliffhanger, thank goodness there were 2 episodes, waiting a whole week would be hell! I love you Bleach. Next episode, Ichigo is at the beach, having fun with Renji and the other soul reapers. Well then.
Jun 28, 2013 11:03 PM

May 2011
Dimitrije1606 said:
IntervisioN said:
Filler episodes are nice when they don't take themselves seriously or if they're fun/comedic. The Bounty Arc is a perfect example of a shitty filler.

Yea,Bleach is full of fillers...Forget the Bounto arc,they somehow managed to put it together with story,but who the hell wants Zanpakuto Rebelion or Shuusuke Amagai...

i actually liked the Zanpaktou rebellion
Jun 28, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2010
RockerXD said:
Dimitrije1606 said:
IntervisioN said:
Filler episodes are nice when they don't take themselves seriously or if they're fun/comedic. The Bounty Arc is a perfect example of a shitty filler.

Yea,Bleach is full of fillers...Forget the Bounto arc,they somehow managed to put it together with story,but who the hell wants Zanpakuto Rebelion or Shuusuke Amagai...

i actually liked the Zanpaktou rebellion
It would have been better if they didn't drag it. And then drag it even more by making 10 more individual filler episodes after beating the bad guy.
Jun 28, 2013 11:13 PM

Oct 2012
i dont care for them
RRRRRRRRRR
Jun 28, 2013 11:17 PM

Jan 2009
I don't mind fillers, they are apart of the anime. The problem is people don't understand that while the anime follows a source material (in these cases) it's not the manga. The anime is it's own creation, hence why I don't agree with the term of filler. Filler episodes can be quite good if they take the time to give extra screen time and focus on overall character growth.
Jun 28, 2013 11:19 PM

Jun 2013
As long as they don't air filler episodes one after another, I'm pretty okay with it. Sometimes, filler episodes are pretty funny too.
IF YOU DON’T SHIP MY OTP, I SWEAR TO GOD I’ll be okay with that.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 29, 2013 12:11 AM

Dec 2012
I don't mind watching them once in a while.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 29, 2013 7:29 AM
May 2010
Filler in itself is kind of a silly term as its definition is different depending on who you ask. Is it anything in an adaptation that isn't part of the source material? Or is it anything that exists solely to pad out the story and make it longer than it needs to be?

In either case, it really depends on the quality of the writing for me. A lot of people would say the "filler" arc at the end of Bodacious Space Pirates, for example, was significantly better than the show's main plot.
Jun 29, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
i'm fine with one or two episodes in a long series, but it really pisses me off when they have fillers (like an entire episode in a beach) in a 13 episode anime which basically ruins it
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 29, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2010
My opinion about fillers hmmmm : SKIP

that is the word, i'm tired of waiting week for an episode and come out a filler instead of the original story

in some cases like OP is worth to watch, in the other side there are some that is really impossible to watch.. but well.. in the other point of view is better do it to move forward the manga than keep foolin around on the episode, like was the case of dragon ball Z, just talk talk and nothing happened at all.
Jun 29, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2010
WaffleGod said:
Filler in itself is kind of a silly term as its definition is different depending on who you ask. Is it anything in an adaptation that isn't part of the source material?
That's mostly what people use it here as.
Jun 29, 2013 8:13 AM

Jun 2013
My opinion:
Fillers are bad, they don't do/add anything useful to the main plot/characters, and in some cases it can completely ruin the remaining enjoyment of the show. :((
Jun 29, 2013 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
I like fillers when they are pure comedy. Or fanservice. Or in best cases both.

Naruto and Bleach filler show how not to do it.
Jun 29, 2013 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
Here comes the money...
Jun 29, 2013 12:24 PM

Dec 2012
Gator said:

Some of the Naruto fillers were actually quite enjoyable, the episode where team 7 was trying to find out Kakashi's real face was funny.
Jun 29, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
Don't usually care, unless its a filler in a long running anime = Naruto. <- cash cow.
Jun 29, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
fillers are usually here nor there for me, i don't really like them half the time, but i haven't seen any where ive loathed it, although wished i hadn't watched it, merely just to save time and get on with the story especially when im watching longer series which i don't usually do!
Jun 29, 2013 2:02 PM

Nov 2010
IntervisioN said:
Gator said:

Some of the Naruto fillers were actually quite enjoyable, the episode where team 7 was trying to find out Kakashi's real face was funny.
I think that's one of the pure comedy fillers that he was talking about. Though most of Naruto's fillers aren't like that.
Jun 29, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2007
If I like the anime, I wouldn't want it to be over too quickly, so I don't mind fillers.
Example: KHR
Jun 29, 2013 7:03 PM

Mar 2013
NOPE I hate fillers, especially when they go overboard (Naruto).
Jun 30, 2013 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
RandyBoyz92 said:
NOPE I hate fillers, especially when they go overboard (Naruto).

Exactly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2013 3:31 AM
Feb 2013
I am fine with it but dont go overboard.
Jun 30, 2013 3:33 AM

Jul 2008
Depends on how they embedded it into the series, but in my experience, most fillers tend to be horrible ESPECIALLY if you had read the manga before watching the anime >.< Fans who didn't read the manga would enjoy the fillers significantly more than the ones who did read it :D
Jun 30, 2013 3:50 AM

Mar 2013
I get the reason for filler, sometimes. However, all enjoyment of filler I had was killed by Bleach. I can't say anything about Naruto since I pretty much skipped every episode of filler of the original series after the Sasuke incident (which was pretty much the entire anime from then on). You should not have 30 episodes of freaking filler. Put the anime on hiatus if it's going to take that long. I'd rather it wait than release time wasters.
Jun 30, 2013 4:04 AM

Jun 2012
I hate fillers more than I hate overpriced milk.
Jun 30, 2013 4:42 AM
Feb 2013
Don't mind fillers unless it's naruto/bleach
Jun 30, 2013 8:29 AM

Oct 2012
I have never seen a good filler episode. x.x
So, I don't like them. x3
Jun 30, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2010
I certainly think "fillers" as defined as constructed scenes not derived from the source material can serve a positive function in anime when used appropriately and with proper diligence. However, what is most often the case (when we think of filler we think of the big 3 of shounen) filler becomes used as an excuse- essentially irrelevant information, or sometimes episodes used in succession to prolong the series for the sole purpose of earning profits. Series that are victim to this, rightfully lose most of their critical acclaim, as the plot diverges from a consistent progression. Studio Perriot (makers of beezlebub, naruto, bleach, and yu yu hakusho) is famous for extended use of filler. Used in proportion and with a purpose filler can be often times necessary, or if not at least contributing to the plot, unfortunately more often then not they're used inappropriately leaving consumers and critics alike with a strong anti-filler sentiment. Unfortunately for anime and fans in general, prolonged use of filler content has not deterred overall popularity of the anime (As evidenced by strong ongoing sales for the big shounen 3) so there is little to no incentive for studios to adjust their implementation of fillers.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jun 30, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2013
So long they are good I could care less.
Jun 30, 2013 8:49 AM

Jan 2013
ShanaFlame said:
Depends on how they embedded it into the series, but in my experience, most fillers tend to be horrible ESPECIALLY if you had read the manga before watching the anime >.< Fans who didn't read the manga would enjoy the fillers significantly more than the ones who did read it :D

This is really spot on.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 30, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2013
I don't mind as long as they interest me, but problem is they never do!
Jun 30, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2010
Pyronas said:
I get the reason for filler, sometimes. However, all enjoyment of filler I had was killed by Bleach. I can't say anything about Naruto since I pretty much skipped every episode of filler of the original series after the Sasuke incident (which was pretty much the entire anime from then on). You should not have 30 episodes of freaking filler. Put the anime on hiatus if it's going to take that long. I'd rather it wait than release time wasters.
The reason for filler never changes. And Japanese tv doesn't work like that, they can't just go on break whenever they feel like it.

jimmykudo3000 said:
I certainly think "fillers" as defined as constructed scenes not derived from the source material can serve a positive function in anime when used appropriately and with proper diligence. However, what is most often the case (when we think of filler we think of the big 3 of shounen) filler becomes used as an excuse- essentially irrelevant information, or sometimes episodes used in succession to prolong the series for the sole purpose of earning profits. Series that are victim to this, rightfully lose most of their critical acclaim, as the plot diverges from a consistent progression. Studio Perriot (makers of beezlebub, naruto, bleach, and yu yu hakusho) is famous for extended use of filler. Used in proportion and with a purpose filler can be often times necessary, or if not at least contributing to the plot, unfortunately more often then not they're used inappropriately leaving consumers and critics alike with a strong anti-filler sentiment. Unfortunately for anime and fans in general, prolonged use of filler content has not deterred overall popularity of the anime (As evidenced by strong ongoing sales for the big shounen 3) so there is little to no incentive for studios to adjust their implementation of fillers.
Every series is out there to get profit. The thing with the big 3 is they go on for years and they need more filler. You see it as dragging it for profits and they see it as a way to stop the anime from catching up and so they can go at a faster pace and not get cancelled.
You forget, one of your favorite anime. Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those ones where the filler eventually made the plot diverge from the original. So are you saying it lost it's right for critical acclaim?
Jun 30, 2013 10:22 AM

Jan 2012
They usually annoy me... But sometimes they Can be fun☺☺
Jun 30, 2013 10:34 AM

May 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Pyronas said:
The reason for filler never changes. And Japanese tv doesn't work like that, they can't just go on break whenever they feel like it.

jimmykudo3000 said:
Every series is out there to get profit. The thing with the big 3 is they go on for years and they need more filler. You see it as dragging it for profits and they see it as a way to stop the anime from catching up and so they can go at a faster pace and not get cancelled.
You forget, one of your favorite anime. Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those ones where the filler eventually made the plot diverge from the original. So are you saying it lost it's right for critical acclaim?

Full metal alchemists filler content was relevant to the plot that the original FMA - and Bones decided upon, and thus was very effective. Anime doesn't have to inherently follow the source material for it to be effective, in fact some of the best studios and best anime don't need to rely solely on the source material. In mentioning plot diverging i wasn't implying from the manga, but from the anime. For example fillers of naruto where they show multiple episodes of flashbacks in no way contributes to the plot of naruto. Your counter example of FMA always provided material relevant to the plot of FMA.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 3 hours ago

20 by cyandaqil »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 3 hours ago

21 by BilboBaggins365 »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

175 by NightVampire »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

82 by BilboBaggins365 »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

14 by Tirinchas »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.