Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2009 3:13 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Overall a seemingly uneventful episode. I think it is so sweet how the Emperor sends her gift of huge portions. Boiled Eggs??!!! It's awesome she got to go to the palace again, but as a man this time weird!!!
Mar 24, 2009 12:07 AM

Jan 2008
kind of boring but it was funny to see Ryuuki's 'gifts' to Shuurei. i wonder what Ensei's business is. i haven't read the manga past part of this episode so it will be interesting to go back and see if there are differences.

Apr 28, 2009 10:27 PM

Nov 2008
Liked a lot this episode as well.Not the least bit boring for me.I want that weird Senior Secretary to accept the proposal of allowing women take the exam as well.I seriously didn't expect him to have a mask on!Lol'd at the last minute!This is such a great series.
Jul 26, 2009 12:54 PM

Feb 2008
I bet you Mr.Eccentric is a woman, I'm throwing down 5$ on it. :P It would make an interesting plot twist and I know that if I had written this anime that's what I would have done XD

Ehhh, let's see...
Oct 9, 2009 8:07 AM
Sep 2009
What a strange person. I wonder what he's hiding under the mask? 0.o
Feb 14, 2010 7:15 AM

Sep 2009
Shuurei's at the Imperial Palace again!
Jun 23, 2012 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
Hey new characters! XD

Wow, so he is indeed weird, who wears a mask in imperial court for cryin' out loud?! I think either he's so ugly he doesn't want people to look at his face or the literal opposite... which would be interesting.

Hinata020 said:
I bet you Mr.Eccentric is a woman, I'm throwing down 5$ on it. :P It would make an interesting plot twist and I know that if I had written this anime that's what I would have done XD.

Yes, the person of interest being a woman is also quite possible.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 20, 2013 5:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol, Ryuuki's gifts. Does he really think that Shuurei won't know it's him, even though it's from "anonymous"? For a smart guy, he's kind of also an idiot in some ways. Kijin is weird because he wears a mask? Hmm I guess it's weird because they're in the palace.
Oct 10, 2013 12:55 AM

Jan 2008
Such a cute ep not the cutest though still waiting for that one is all but it seems like this series eps r taking longer to watch them then last time i watched it but its fine i still love the series regardless
May 7, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2009
Another great episode :)

Ryuuki is really determined to pass the legislation to allow woman to take the national exam(we all know it's for Shuurei's sake.)

Lol Ryuuki sending these gifts as annoymous XD

Ensei seems like a chill guy. Wanted to learn more about Seiran's past!

Shusui and Shouka enjoying their time as always!

Korin seems to be out in the picture for awhile. Hope to see her soon.

Lol Kouyuu keeps getting lost in the palace!

That was harsh of them that Shuurei isn't womanly like just because she doesn't have them boobs.

Shuurei is a beautiful woman!

This Kijin guy is definitely mysterious, but not weird.

Can't wait for more episodes!
May 27, 2014 11:08 PM

Aug 2013
"No doubt she doesn't realize who's been sending it." Of course she hasn't Ryuuki XD!

Another bishie behind the mask no doubt :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 16, 2022 7:05 AM

Feb 2012
A bit slow-paced, but I guess they were just setting up the pieces for a new story. Shuurei dressing up as a boy is a classic comedy trope, so maybe they'll get something interesting out of it. Can't wait for Ryuuki's reaction.

I still have hard time with the names that are so similar. Kou, Rou, Shuuei, Shuurei...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 33 Discussion

tofei - Jun 28, 2012

5 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 22, 7:47 AM

» Which other anime feature an official as the protagonist ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 24

1 by Amuvlet »»
Mar 5, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 8, 2009

16 by agricheria »»
Mar 3, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 19 Discussion

CrackityJones - Oct 26, 2010

12 by korogoro »»
Jul 18, 2023 6:12 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion

yuzuru19 - Jun 14, 2009

32 by savvyg »»
Feb 16, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.