Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 25, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
Yukari vs. icecream. Icecream won.

The simplicity and randomness of this show really hit a good spot with me. I love Yuyushiki. The one I looked forward to the most of them all. And hoping to see more after the special eps.

It was a great run. Thank you, Kinema Citrus.
AkamitsuJun 25, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 25, 2013 6:04 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Akamitsu said:
Yukari vs. icecream. Icecream won.
I was expecting the spoon to bend. That has happened to me before.
Jun 25, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2012
Well I really enjoyed the series but I felt that the last ep was quite weak.

Yui laughing too much and fooling around at the beach kinda spoil her image as the always serious but adorable character. And might be because of Yui sudden character change, I felt that some of the puns were forcefully done. It always follow the natural flow of randomness but I can't feel the natural flow in this ep.

This is just my personal opinion, sorry if I offended anyone. :)

Nonetheless I will be hoping to see a S2 with the 6 of the main/side characters have more interactions and of course we can't left out our beloved "Mum" ^^
Jun 25, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
So much laughing this week.

Yui-chan certainly grew :3
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 25, 2013 6:54 PM
Mar 2013
winter_mint said:
Well I really enjoyed the series but I felt that the last ep was quite weak.

Yui laughing too much and fooling around at the beach kinda spoil her image as the always serious but adorable character. And might be because of Yui sudden character change, I felt that some of the puns were forcefully done. It always follow the natural flow of randomness but I can't feel the natural flow in this ep.

I felt the same. Yui's character was soften much, and the holy trinity of the three was somewhat collapsed. Maybe the writer wanted to say this was "character development", as it is the final episode, but some scenes were felt a little bit awkward for me.

But then eventually I interpret this as emergence of her inner tsundere element, or "finally Yui has fallen from tsun to dere!" and loved her too. Face on pillow, ear blusing Yui is so cute.
Engrish speaker
Jun 25, 2013 6:58 PM

Oct 2012
not bad but not good either.. quite enjoyable

Jun 25, 2013 9:58 PM

Sep 2012
That score rise. This show kept me going throughout the middle of the weeks.
Jun 25, 2013 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
Aikawa's little scene reminded me of myself. Except I'm not committee chairman...
Jun 25, 2013 10:47 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, I actually feel sad that there will never be another Yuyushiki episode ;_;
So irritating that it sells so badly while...ah, never mind.

A good episode, light on the subtext, but packed with fun. It was especially adorable to see Yui having so much fun at the beach. 5/5.

8/10, one of the best shows this season and definitely one of the better SoLs out there.
Jun 25, 2013 11:07 PM

Nov 2010

A beach episode for last one. nice.
overall, it was great at start, a little downhill after that but still enjoyable.

7/10
Jun 25, 2013 11:09 PM

Jun 2011
Super cute anime, it's definitely in my top three for this season. I did want to see more about the other three girls, and hopefully them all having fun together.
[center][/center]
Jun 26, 2013 2:21 AM

Feb 2012
Here's another anime with a trio of school girls I'm gonna miss.
Jun 26, 2013 3:01 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
It's over?!?! Nooooooo!!! I'm going to miss Yuyushiki... ;___; I enjoyed EVERY SINGLE episode of this series! Made me giggle and laugh countless times...

Goodbye to the ditziness especially to Yui-chan's punchlines. 9/10!
Jun 26, 2013 3:27 AM

May 2010
Damn it, I am so proud of this show. I still remember the time when it was just airing and it barely got a 7/10. See it now, it is doing so good. 7.55/10

That heheheheheeeeeehe~ Was so cute! That OST when they were shopping! I really liked it. That beach scene was actually one of the best beach scenes from any anime I have seen so far. It seemed really realistic!

xD I laughed so hard when Yuzuko said,"Beach Paraso" and "Banana Bo" haha.. A new side of aikawa and I really liked it. That pout!
I personally give it a big 10/10 for making me laugh so hard after every passing minute:D One of my fav. anime this season.

it ended the same way it began?!!!! Did it happen in first episode too? Now I am totally interested in watching the first episode again. What if there is a paradox?

I wanted the ending song so much in the background!!!!!This is one of the best slice of life anime ever!

I am going miss it so much :( The main trio esp. Yukari and Okaa-san...and yui and Fumi and yuzuko as well...Even Aikawa and that tsundere girl...I demand a 2nd season!

How is it doing sales-wise?
TragicRomanceJun 26, 2013 4:00 AM
Jun 26, 2013 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Nice series, I hope we can replicate with a new season.
Jun 26, 2013 7:20 AM

Apr 2010
It was a nice anime really like the slice of life stuff hopefully we will get something like it next season since anime like these never seem to bore.
The groep this time was pretty weird but fun to watch not to mention to surrounding characters like the teacher and Okano.
And seeing Aikawa at home was funny.
Jun 26, 2013 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
And that's the end for Yuyushiki! One of the better 'cute girls doing cute things' series out there in my opinion. Here's hoping for an OVA or even a season 2! 8/10.

Jun 26, 2013 9:02 AM

Jul 2007
Awesome!!!!! I will miss this so much :3

I agree that a lot of the jokes were silly but meh. I still loved it. Hope for a second season although i doubt they are gonna make one. Such a shame. Ai-chan at home was so funny. Same goes for the ice-cream scene. Anyways a nice last episode. 8/10 for me
Jun 26, 2013 9:15 AM

Mar 2012
8/10 Great ep and I will miss this show so much T_T
Jun 26, 2013 9:38 AM

Apr 2011
I'm gonna miss this series.

Thank you for the laughs, smiles, and giggles.
Jun 26, 2013 9:42 AM

Sep 2010
I'm still wondering why people were expecting something big or dramatic for the last episode. Its uneventful conclusion was perfect. That's just the way most moe SoL shows are.

Anyway, solid 8/10 for me. This is one of the better SoL shows you'd typically encounter nowadays.
zetsuboSenseiJun 26, 2013 9:45 AM
Jun 26, 2013 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
That was great. Way better than others moe girls series.
Jun 26, 2013 3:51 PM

Oct 2012
Yukari just so cute when she sleeping

This needs anther season
Jun 26, 2013 5:37 PM
Jun 26, 2013 8:54 PM

Jan 2011
Adorable show from start to finish. Never a boring episode. Very funny. The comedic back and forth was really good. Each character was great in their own way. No complaints and it delivered exactly as it should have. 9/10

Hope the specials are a great little addition.
Jun 26, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2012
An awesome finish to an awesome show.

Spring 2013 has been a great season, in no small part to Yuyushiki. I had a lot of fun and I will definitely miss this show.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 27, 2013 10:10 AM

Mar 2012
aww, I'm going to miss this show. Easily my favorite show of the season. Hopefully they make another season.
Jun 27, 2013 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
Ending that doesn't feel like an ending. They can continue forever.
Banana Booooo got me. 6/10 I was dumb to expect an ending out of this series.
Jun 27, 2013 5:36 PM

Dec 2009
Cute series. It really grew on me as it went on. Good ending too and I loved the remix of the OP song.

7/10
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 28, 2013 2:45 AM
Jul 2008
LOVED THIS SHIT
Seriously. I don't know why. It's just so funny, and cute. These japs are getting too good at mixing cute with funny. Moecute I say. And they didn't graduate! So it's open for a second season =D Which I would be very happy with.
Jun 28, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2008
Kinda don't want it to end though.
Jun 28, 2013 6:07 PM

Aug 2011
The characters were very charming and complemented each other but I didn't really connect with the humour in this show so the episodes felt longer than it should have.

OP and ED songs were very enjoyable, I especially loved the piano arrangement of the OP song in this episode. 4/10.
Jun 28, 2013 11:05 PM

Sep 2012
Using a story about how they talked about what to do in summer vacation, how they actually decided to go to the sea when it is already summer vacation, how they actually went, and then what they did after the trip, and finally ended in the new term in school started..for the whole final episode. It is not just your usual beach episode. Wonderful !!

And I particularly love seeing the other face of various characters! For example Ai-chan being sulky and lazy in front of her mom is such a sharp contrast to her public face at school -- it also looks so real too.

Nachotee said:
These japs are getting too good at mixing cute with funny.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
Animes like this is really what I can enjoy at its best, I love animes like this same as K-on, lucky star and Tamako market. Anyone have any other suggestions ? The animation was a bit awkward from the start but it just grew onto you and it got normal 10/10. Everything was great!
Jun 29, 2013 5:47 AM

Nov 2007
fatsumie said:
Animes like this is really what I can enjoy at its best, I love animes like this same as K-on, lucky star and Tamako market. Anyone have any other suggestions ? The animation was a bit awkward from the start but it just grew onto you and it got normal 10/10. Everything was great!

The straight out comedy ones? Nichijou, Yuru Yuri, Minami-ke, Ichigo Mashimaro, GJ-bu, Joshiraku, A-Channel and Acchi Kocchi. There's probably more... but these are the ones I gave 7/10+ and aren't ones you already mentioned. Have fun :)
EjcJun 29, 2013 5:50 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 29, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
"No event, Good life" is good title!
Jun 29, 2013 10:00 AM

Oct 2011
In the end 5/10.
it had great start, decent to good jokes... but somewhere along the road it stopped working. Some of interactions became irritating, humor started to drag out (or they went in repeating it).
I think it would be way better if they decided to make episodes 15 minutes long (and gave remaining time to let us say... Aiura).

fatsumie said:
mentioned before: YuruYuri, Acchi Kocchi and Minami-ke.
And others like Hidamari Sketch and, above all, Azumanga Daioh - it also needs time to get used to visuals but my top comedy of all time.
Jun 29, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Dalek-baka said:
In the end 5/10.
it had great start, decent to good jokes... but somewhere along the road it stopped working. Some of interactions became irritating, humor started to drag out (or they went in repeating it).
Actually it is the reverse to me. I started a bit disengaged and mildly annoyed with the humor and character (mainly Yuzu) but somewhere along the road it started working. More interactions, more characters, more diversity of humor, and I also got used to the behavior pattern of the characters. Yes, they repeat some humor but in a good way because I could start to expect it (so I would not get too thrown off) but still it came back with enough curve ball to get me to chuckle.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
Banana boooooo...

Aww, sad it's over now, I really will miss this anime! I loved every second of it, it was so damn funny and had such a lovely feel too it.
Jun 29, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
Great ending to a great series, very fun and enjoyable ride ^^
So sad it's over, I miss all the random conversations D=

Jun 29, 2013 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
fatsumie said:

I'll second other's choices like Nichijou, Hidamari Sketch (each season improves upon the last), Minami-Ke (season 2 and 3 aren't very good though), Ichigo Mashimaro, and Azumanga Daioh. Kamichu and Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight are great examples of this type of show too. Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru is a bit different stylistically from these other recommendations, but it's a personal favorite of mine. And Yotsuba&! is easily my favorite slice of life comedy, if you don't mind manga.
Jul 1, 2013 6:17 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was really a 5/5, It was really nice seeing them enjoy themselves and going to the beach!
But the whole series boils down to a 7/10 because it wasn't that special and some of the episodes bored me.
Anyway, best girls:
Jul 1, 2013 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
Data Processing Club, I'll miss you guys. It was fun while it lasted :( It's always so sad when another good SoL ends.

Jul 1, 2013 1:25 PM

Oct 2012
All swimsuits in this episode were good and it was great ending episode. Somehow I didn't want this to end ^_^

Aah, and dat Aikawa ^^

(but Yui was also pretty hot)

symbv said:
Actually it is the reverse to me. I started a bit disengaged and mildly annoyed with the humor and character (mainly Yuzu) but somewhere along the road it started working. More interactions, more characters, more diversity of humor, and I also got used to the behavior pattern of the characters. Yes, they repeat some humor but in a good way because I could start to expect it (so I would not get too thrown off) but still it came back with enough curve ball to get me to chuckle.

The same for me, it was very slow and boring start (to the point I almost dropped it - and I am glad I didn't). But gradually it got a lot better, jokes went more funnier and after they changed school-year and new characters were properly introduced it was at its the best.

6/10 for me, definitely above the average.
Jul 5, 2013 7:27 PM

Mar 2009
Ah, damn. I'm going to miss this show. Mom-sensei, please come back for another season!
Jul 6, 2013 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
Mormegil said:
Ah, damn. I'm going to miss this show. Mom-sensei, please come back for another season!
Okaasan sensei on the cover of Bluray 3!
Jul 6, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
Cute series
Jul 7, 2013 11:29 AM
May 2012
At first i though i would be done because i can't stand Yuzuko and Yukari. But along the way, I've gotten used to them and man, there is total chemistry between the three main characters and most of the gags they made worked for me. It was also good that the supporting characters were given much love.

Very good series, 9/10.
Jul 7, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2011
Вы охуели? У меня сабы только до 10 есть.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2013

44 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2013

69 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2013

56 by katakumplat »»
Jan 25, 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.