Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 25, 2013 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:

But ur a retard.
But you have no taste nor do you know the first thing about literature. You are incapable of expressing yourself outside of fractured sentences and quotes of people who are smarter than you, but still stupid nonetheless.
PolyphemusJun 25, 2013 10:21 AM
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 25, 2013 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
Orsonius said:
I understand the problem of being mid 20s or even 30s and watching highschool anime.
It just kinda feels wrong. I still feel like I'm going to school, but actually I don't for many years now...

I'm 10 years older than most anime characters in these type of shows, so it becomes harder and harder to relate.

But I tell you what:
Liking anime means you are a man-child.
And you will be one as long as you do.

That is good because being a child is good. Adults suck as they lost all form of passion for anything. Never lose your inner child. Stick to anime and don't give a shit what all the boring normal people around you think of it.

They can read the newspaper and complain about Obama or some shit, while you enjoy your chinese cartoons and don't give a fuck.

remember, life is a ride, you decide how fun it is, and if anime is the funnest thing you can do, stick to it.
As Orsonius said you can get old to the point where you cant relate to whats going on in a anime, But to be honest who can? i mean if high school life was like anime i wouldn't be at home right now, I wish i could relate to Sora no Otoshimono and have a beautiful winged angel fall from the sky and obey my every command but hey thats life for you.

Maybe god will see how much i enjoy my anime and let me have loads of real life anime type girls in heaven! a man can dream right?
Jun 25, 2013 10:21 AM

Feb 2010
MoeGalacticHero said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:

But ur a retard.
But you have no taste nor do you know the first thing about literature. You are incapable of expressing yourself outside of fractured sentences and quotes of people smarter than you, but still stupid nonetheless.

I have the humility to admit when someone says something better than I do. I go substantial when I feel like it.
Jun 25, 2013 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
I am American as well and I can tell you Americans are too...everything really

This is how the mind of an American work when it comes to television shows

Age 0-5: Turns on Barney for Jimmy
Age 6-10: You shouldnt be watching Barney at your age, watch cartoon network
Age 11-15: You should of been passed cartoons by now, watch something like Jersey Shore or Teen Mom
Age 16-20: What is this anime cartoon stuff, watch "Teen Wolf" or "The Game"
Age 21-30: Don't you think you are too old for cartoons, Watch "Grey's and Anatomy"
Age 40-50: Shouldnt you be reading a newspaper of something
Age 60-70: You still watch TV, I thought you be rocking in your chair by now

Its a shame, really
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jun 25, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto

Quote of the year.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Jun 25, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
MoeGalacticHero said:

I've heard it's very pretentious.

That's a pretty bold statement coming from you :\
Jun 25, 2013 12:25 PM

Jun 2009
burntlettuce said:
MoeGalacticHero said:

That's a pretty bold statement coming from you :

I'm getting tothe point where every time I read or hear "I've heard" I just sort of roll my eyes.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 25, 2013 1:00 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 25, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
Talking about retards, the topic is How old is too old for anime?, not "How retarded is too much to watch anime?" -> it sounds gay, I know. I won't say anything, but isn't it a little strange, if you are like 35 and in job and watching Boku no Pico on your computer? No offense, just trollin with that anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 12:27 PM

Nov 2008
You're never too old for anime especially since there are anime for senior citizens.

Jun 25, 2013 12:40 PM

Nov 2010
30 years old and far from feeling to old haha

but i do feel i want to see more shows (romance offcourse) a la:
- Usagi Drop
- Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
- Clannad AS
- EF a tale of memories/melodies (actualy more the latter hehe)
- Canvas 2
- Romeo x Juliet
- REC
- School Days

as in for a more older audience, still like the school life romance but my school days (pun not intented haha) are far behind me as i'm allready working 12 years now haha
Jun 25, 2013 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
You never get too old.
Anime for life!
Jun 25, 2013 2:51 PM

Feb 2013
I'll write sentence that I've seen in the internet...'You're never too old or too young to like what you like.' And that's true. If you like anime/manga - what's the problem with watching/reading it ? To be honest, I hope I'll watch anime/read manga such long like you. So be yourself and try to ignore intolerant people.

Jun 25, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
when you're dead

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 25, 2013 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Orsonius said:
I understand the problem of being mid 20s or even 30s and watching highschool anime.
It just kinda feels wrong. I still feel like I'm going to school, but actually I don't for many years now...

I'm 10 years older than most anime characters in these type of shows, so it becomes harder and harder to relate.

But I tell you what:
Liking anime means you are a man-child.
And you will be one as long as you do.

That is good because being a child is good. Adults suck as they lost all form of passion for anything. Never lose your inner child. Stick to anime and don't give a shit what all the boring normal people around you think of it.

They can read the newspaper and complain about Obama or some shit, while you enjoy your chinese cartoons and don't give a fuck.

remember, life is a ride, you decide how fun it is, and if anime is the funnest thing you can do, stick to it.

This (except I am about 5 years older than most anime characters in this anime but that doesn't really chance the point.).
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jun 25, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
I'm going to be 80 watching anime.
Jun 25, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
This is a silly question.

And it implies that anime is only for young people, which is not so.

Any age bracket can enjoy anime.
Jun 25, 2013 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
JustALEX said:

Let's be honest, it'd be awkward if your grandparents watches High School DxD or School Days.
Jun 25, 2013 5:49 PM

Jun 2008
IntervisioN said:
JustALEX said:

Let's be honest, it'd be awkward if your grandparents watches High School DxD or School Days.

Maybe.

But those anime are indeed targeted to a certain demographic.

But that's the beauty of anime, there are tons of genre targeted to all kinds of age groups.
Jun 25, 2013 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
im 30 years old too and im still enjoying watching anime, anime is ageless
Jun 25, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2011
IntervisioN said:
JustALEX said:

To be honest, that would really lighten up the mood for me. I would be like, "HOLY CRAP GRAMPS U WATCH THAT SHIT!? You sir, are super cool."
Jun 25, 2013 6:24 PM
Jun 2013
I'm 26 and it's safe to say i watch more anime now then i did in my teens. It may have something to do with ease of access though. I remember my mothers friends watching animes when i was young, I wouldn't be surprised if they still do well into there late 40's-50's

Some of the more muture themed ones i saw when i was younger have rewatch value do to subtext and plot. When I was younger I just looked for gore and overall tone, with a fair bit going over my head.
Jun 25, 2013 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
Well, this is an interesting question I have actually thought about recently. I'd say when you enter your 40s, and if you still watch anime, you're probably considered to be a creep by most modern day standards. Personally, I think someone should keep watching it as long as they are enjoying it, but just be prepared for people think you're a creep and stay away from you the older you get.
Jun 25, 2013 6:40 PM

Dec 2012
OriginANIME said:

To be honest, that would really lighten up the mood for me. I would be like, "HOLY CRAP GRAMPS U WATCH THAT SHIT!? You sir, are super cool."

Give it another 60 years, and that's what most of us will be doing... Keep in mind that Anime has been striking this big only since pretty much the early 90s. The only reason why there aren't many Otaku Grandpas is 'cause it's pretty hard for the majority of its viewers to be over 40.
Soon enough, we'll be probably hearing stuff like:

"Grandpa, how can you even like such a thing!"
"It's a classic. You wouldn't understand, Billy... You just wouldn't understand..."
Jun 25, 2013 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
I think anime is acceptable for all ages. Unfortunately anime is stigma'd. Just know your audience.. unless of course you don't mind being labeled.
Jun 25, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
PantsMan said:
OriginANIME said:

Give it another 60 years, and that's what most of us will be doing... Keep in mind that Anime has been striking this big only since pretty much the early 90s. The only reason why there aren't many Otaku Grandpas is 'cause it's pretty hard for the majority of its viewers to be over 40.
Soon enough, we'll be probably hearing stuff like:

"Grandpa, how can you even like such a thing!"
"It's a classic. You wouldn't understand, Billy... You just wouldn't understand..."

My prediction
Grandfather: ah, I love this show
Grandson: hey pops
Grandfather: get off my tv and come talk to me you [insert cuss word]
Grandson: walking is so over-rated grandpa and so is watching anything that is in-perfect.
Grandson: I mean those characters don't even look like real people
Grandfather: that's the idea...
Jun 25, 2013 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
burntlettuce said:
MoeGalacticHero said:

That's a pretty bold statement coming from you :

ahahahahahahahaha die in a hole
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 25, 2013 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
Never too old.
Jun 25, 2013 7:20 PM

Jul 2012

I Don't care I mean if you still think you can relate to some of the 10 year olds life values maybe not that Anime...
Jun 25, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2013
Be who you are. You should never judge yourself for the things you enjoy. If you are to judge yourself on anything, then it should be on WHY you like the things you do. Come to understand the little things of what you like and why you like them. Learn about yourself so you won't ever have to lie to yourself.

Once you've accepted yourself for who you are... Decide on whether you are comfortable being the person you know is you. Do you embrace your flaws and everything that makes you who you are? Or would you rather strive to change yourself to be a better you? That's your decision. Liking anime is just a part of who you are.

Age never matters. It is only a number, as you are the person you are now. That number checked off to the side pays no role in making a person who they are.

That's what I have to say on the topic.
Jun 25, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
It depends, if you are a nigga or not.
Helder01Jun 26, 2013 12:59 AM
¡VIVA ESPAÑA!
Jun 25, 2013 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
There is no "too old" for anime, there is a lot of anime made for adults. You certainly can't be too old to watch Monster or Cowboy Bebop.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jun 25, 2013 8:57 PM

Feb 2011
If you're still watching anime past around 12 years old, you're a pathetic human being.
Jun 25, 2013 10:40 PM
Sep 2007
Some of these responses are hilarious. Age doesn't matter, taste changes as you age, and typically moe, highschool, or romance related anime will not interest someone who is beyond that emotional stage of development. I enjoy some seinen/shounen, but I haven't watched many anime in the past 5 years, or very little since I can't find many that interest me.

Regarding tv shows, typically I prefer TV shows now since the pace is dramatically faster compared to a lot of animes I've tried watching recently. Not to mention over the past few years TV shows have graduated into hollywood level production.
Jun 25, 2013 11:00 PM

Dec 2012
When the animation is as bad as the NGE series, that's when it's too old.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 26, 2013 1:56 AM

Nov 2010
you're never too old to enjoy watching things you like~
Jun 26, 2013 2:06 AM

Feb 2013
If you're that worried about being into stuff geared towards a teenage demographic just watch/read seinen/josei, they're entire genres for the 18-30 demographic. That aside, I don't think you're ever too old for anime, or animation in general for that matter, I'm 20 and I've been watching anime since I was three, and I don't plan to stop any time soon.
Jun 26, 2013 2:50 AM

May 2013
Age doesn't matter. I don't find any reason to differentiate anime from the other mediums of entertainment.
Forever lost.
Jun 26, 2013 2:53 AM

Feb 2013
If you're over 20 and still watching anime, get a life, rofl, how much bigger of a loser can possibly a human being become if they watch anime when they should be working.
Jun 26, 2013 3:24 AM

May 2013
patsuan said:
If you're over 20 and still watching anime, get a life, rofl, how much bigger of a loser can possibly a human being become if they watch anime when they should be working.

yeah cause everyone knows that anyone who is over 20 and watches anime, watches them during work time.

crawl back in your hole
Jun 26, 2013 4:38 AM

Feb 2013
mariosgrp said:
patsuan said:

yeah cause everyone knows that anyone who is over 20 and watches anime, watches them during work time.

crawl back in your hole

I didn't say that they watch it during work time, rofl, l2read man, I said that they watch anime, and don't work, they just sit at home doing nothing but fapping at some loli's giggling and drinking tea.
Jun 26, 2013 5:11 AM

Feb 2013
patsuan said:
mariosgrp said:
patsuan said:

crawl back in your hole

I didn't say that they watch it during work time, rofl, l2read man, I said that they watch anime, and don't work, they just sit at home doing nothing but fapping at some loli's giggling and drinking tea.

Why would anybody fap to loli's giggling xD? Never heard of that fetish till now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2013 5:45 AM

May 2013
patsuan said:
mariosgrp said:
patsuan said:

crawl back in your hole

I didn't say that they watch it during work time, rofl, l2read man, I said that they watch anime, and don't work, they just sit at home doing nothing but fapping at some 'loli's' giggling and drinking tea.

dude just because you do that, It does not mean that other people are as fucked up as you.
Also reading your answers has made me realize that i speak your probably native language better than you.
just seek some help, there are people out there who can help you with your probmlem.You know, the whole fapping to loli's while giggling and drinking tea.
you have my support
Jun 26, 2013 7:03 AM

Feb 2013
mariosgrp said:
patsuan said:
mariosgrp said:
patsuan said:

crawl back in your hole

I didn't say that they watch it during work time, rofl, l2read man, I said that they watch anime, and don't work, they just sit at home doing nothing but fapping at some 'loli's' giggling and drinking tea.

dude just because you do that, It does not mean that other people are as fucked up as you.
Also reading your answers has made me realize that i speak your probably native language better than you.
just seek some help, there are people out there who can help you with your probmlem.You know, the whole fapping to loli's while giggling and drinking tea.
you have my support

Dude, I don't fap to loli's, it's rape/tentacles/gore/scat, that's the good stuff.
Jun 26, 2013 7:10 AM

May 2010
There really isn't an age in which you're to old for anime. Anime is just like any other kind of show it just happens to be drawn. Think about popular series which like anime start out with the characters in high school. If they can watch it with actors, then you can watch it when it's drawn.

It's all about preference and peace of mind. It's all about your comfort level. If you're finding it hard to relate watch series out of the high school scenery switch it up. Anime has just as many different types, plots, and start points as other TV shows. There is more than high school scenery anime.
Jun 26, 2013 10:42 AM

Oct 2009
I would say never; however, the older I get the less inclined I am to watch anime.
lucjanJun 28, 2013 10:39 PM

Jun 26, 2013 10:52 AM

Nov 2012
Wasn't aware there was age limit.
how i r8

1- crpy animee no gud
10- gud aniem, dep plot, lots of cute grls
Jun 26, 2013 10:57 AM

Sep 2011
Anime isn't something that is limited by age, unless of course you are influenced to do so, You can gradually stop watching anime as you gain other interests, but it is almost comparable to as if you were to stop watching a live action televised series. Most anime is not targeted for children ( besides Clannad, and obvious others). Just take a look at Hentai and Ecchi titles. Do you really think they were designed for a young audience? They certainly weren't in Japan at least.
Jun 26, 2013 11:01 AM

Oct 2012
I will watch anime and rock my wallscrolls and figures when I'm in a retirement home. Ain't no shame in my game.

Jun 26, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
Don't really think their is an age limit where it becomes abnormal. I am around your age and just recently got back into anime/manga as a result of suddenly having a lot more spare time (went from working 65+ hours per week to 37.5). Besides who gives a shit what anyone else thinks? Enjoy what you want.
Jun 28, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
There's no age limit for fun is there?
Im victoria's secret

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Yesterday

5 by Nemo_Niemand »»
12 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 56 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

45 by Pokitaru »»
15 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

23 by Spunkert »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

39 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.