Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2013 3:46 AM

May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel touched of this chapter. especially when Shiro hug Ganta because of his sincere.

So it's going to be end. I'm going to miss this...
TachiiJul 28, 2013 5:45 PM
Jun 25, 2013 12:29 PM

Feb 2012
The title clearly says chapter 56-b, yet you create the thread for the final chapter and thus probably cause confusion.

I wanted to hug Shiro when she said she couldn't forgive herself, wanted to be happy and asked if it's okay for her to like Ganta. Such a short chapter, yet so emotional and it also was great how Kataoka implemented the woodpecker and the song.

Now I all want for them is to be alive and live happily until they die...
Jun 25, 2013 4:45 PM

May 2011
Zhou said:
The title clearly says chapter 56-b, yet you create the thread for the final chapter and thus probably cause confusion.

I wanted to hug Shiro when she said she couldn't forgive herself, wanted to be happy and asked if it's okay for her to like Ganta. Such a short chapter, yet so emotional and it also was great how Kataoka implemented the woodpecker and the song.

I don't know, but it's still says 'to be continued' at the end of it. Either way, I cheered for this one and interesting to see what the other characters do after Deadman Wonderland is over.
Jun 25, 2013 5:02 PM

Feb 2012
SilentTruth said:
Zhou said:

I don't know, but it's still says 'to be continued' at the end of it. Either way, I cheered for this one and interesting to see what the other characters do after Deadman Wonderland is over.

You misunderstood me. The new chapter is not chapter 57 but 56-b. You, however, created one for 57 and it's going to confuse people when they update their list.

I guess we will see a time skip and I can see them rebuild Deadman Wonderland as memorial for Ganta and Shiro if they are dead.
ZhouJun 26, 2013 1:12 AM
Jun 26, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
Thanks for clarifying that this isn't chapter 57 when its coming out on August.
So... where is this Chapter 56-b? --I just read it but raw... is there a scanlated version?

And... I'm hoping I didn't miss any other B parts in the chapters before 56.
Please reply in my profile.
Jun 27, 2013 2:00 PM

Jan 2012
Wait a second, I'm a bit lost right now, does Shiro have a crystal on her body too? I can't remember sadly, in page 1 of this chapter the crystal on the bottom of the page seems to be her, where does she have it? Is that the end of her back? Right up her ass?
Jun 27, 2013 2:24 PM

Feb 2011
Zhou said:
SilentTruth said:
Zhou said:

You misunderstood me. The new chapter is not chapter 57 but 56-b. You, however, created one for 57 and it's going to confuse people when they update their list.

I guess we will see a time skip and I can see them rebuild Deadman Wonderland as memorial for Ganta and Shiro if they are dead.

Who gives a shit, seriously dude, if you count the number of chapters released up until this point, this IS the 57th chapter, although it's not titled as such, it's still the 57th. What would you do if the next one was 56-c, and 56-b.45. This is the 57th chapter in a series from 1-58, this chapter is simply named 56-b for some "creative" bullshit reason, if you want to complain to someone and if you have the balls, do it to the author who thought it was clever, not some poor shlub who makes a thread online.
Jun 27, 2013 2:41 PM

Jun 2012
Get it in.
Jun 27, 2013 2:56 PM

Nov 2011
Jun 27, 2013 3:38 PM

Sep 2012
I hope they died there, that'd be a great tragedy
Jun 27, 2013 3:57 PM
Sep 2012
awwwww dem feels.
Jun 27, 2013 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
So the next chapter is the end. I'm glad that they stopped fighting ^_^

And what the hell was that at the end ?
Jun 27, 2013 4:34 PM

Nov 2012
Finally, the ending is coming. Hope they both get to live, after all it they are going to die, this chapter would have been a kind of good ending.
I mean the whole (you say you want to die, but you don't really mean it), just like Ganta at the beginning of the series was quite touching.
Jun 27, 2013 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
The ending made me pretty happy
Jun 27, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
I think there will be one more and last surprise in the final chapter :D
Can't wait :D
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Jun 27, 2013 5:30 PM
Apr 2011
...when the fighting is over. ;__;

I wonder what awaits us next chapter.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 27, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
Litrydow said:

They did. Such a troll. They hugged and were probably about to make out but then they exploded. In a nuclear explosion. Legit, it was a total shit on the reader.

Then you see an angel wing and at that point you're all like "WTF, dafuq is dis shit?!"
If anything, it probably meant that they died. But then again, manga barely ever uses symbolism so I don't know what the fuck it was. Maybe they got saved by some guardian angel? Don't want any deus ex machina shit in DW.

And if anything, Shiro should have gone straight to hell. She's no fuckin' angel knockin' on heavens front door. Sure she had a shitty life but that does not excuse all the people shes killed. Don't want to sound heartless, but it's true. Shiro is a good candidate for hell.
SavageSmickeyJun 27, 2013 5:53 PM
Jun 27, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2012
Did they just die..? I don't get what happened..there was like.. a hug.. and a explosion.. and wings..what...

Can I make fun of this chapter?
"Hey Shiro, what does the sunset remind you of.."
"Explosions.. Uh. I MEAN, EROSIONS!"
GhostonyJun 27, 2013 5:59 PM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 27, 2013 6:01 PM
Jun 2011
Oh my, I think this will end like Eureka Seven...
Jun 27, 2013 6:03 PM

Jun 2013
Nice chapter, next update is the last chapter though.... so sad
Im victoria's secret

Jun 27, 2013 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
AkatsukiShinobi said:

Who gives a shit, seriously dude, if you count the number of chapters released up until this point, this IS the 57th chapter, although it's not titled as such, it's still the 57th. What would you do if the next one was 56-c, and 56-b.45. This is the 57th chapter in a series from 1-58, this chapter is simply named 56-b for some "creative" bullshit reason, if you want to complain to someone and if you have the balls, do it to the author who thought it was clever, not some poor shlub who makes a thread online.

Wrong.
If we think that way, then this chapter would actually be chapter 62, as there are previous chapters with #.2 or #.b.
i.e: 38, 39, 45, 49.

He has every right to "complain", because this is misleading.
Jun 27, 2013 7:14 PM

Feb 2011
sarroush said:
AkatsukiShinobi said:

Wrong.
If we think that way, then this chapter would actually be chapter 62, as there are previous chapters with #.2 or #.b.
i.e: 38, 39, 45, 49.

He has every right to "complain", because this is misleading.

I stand corrected, thank you sarroush for pointing out my misinformation, I'd rather know is I was wrong then go on spreading false information. My former point still being that, it may be confusing, the fellow earlier was calling it out on the creator of this thread, who let's face it, didn't make the damn manga, and made a simple mistake, there are proper ways to approach these things . I also agree everyone has the right to complain, but again, choose the right target and not be cop an attitude over it. Like, come on, it was an accident, I'm sure he didn't mean it. =/
Jun 27, 2013 7:30 PM

May 2013
Man one more chapter to go.
Jun 27, 2013 7:33 PM

Jun 2008
What the fuck?

Seriously, we're going to have this kind of ending?

Whatever...
Jun 27, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2008
AkatsukiShinobi said:

I stand corrected, thank you sarroush for pointing out my misinformation, I'd rather know is I was wrong then go on spreading false information. My former point still being that, it may be confusing, the fellow earlier was calling it out on the creator of this thread, who let's face it, didn't make the damn manga, and made a simple mistake, there are proper ways to approach these things . I also agree everyone has the right to complain, but again, choose the right target and not be cop an attitude over it. Like, come on, it was an accident, I'm sure he didn't mean it. =/

Nah, it's all good. People often times go over the top with things like this though. To which you do have a point. Nothing anyone can do at this point anyways. We should all just move on. It's not the end of the world.

As for 56.2... I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread.
I have no idea what happened in the last few panels.
Jun 27, 2013 7:40 PM

Feb 2011
sarroush said:
AkatsukiShinobi said:

Nah, it's all good. People often times go over the top with things like this though. To which you do have a point. Nothing anyone can do at this point anyways. We should all just move on. It's not the end of the world.

As for 56.2... I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread.
I have no idea what happened in the last few panels.

Agreed, as expected from a fellow Canadian.

Also....yeah, seems like a lot's going down at once, this could either be something really cool, or the author's stuffing all of his ideas for this manga in at the last minute so they don't go to waste.
Jun 27, 2013 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
DemiLovato said:
Then you see an angel wing and at that point you're all like "WTF, dafuq is dis shit?!"
If anything, it probably meant that they died. But then again, manga barely ever uses symbolism so I don't know what the fuck it was. Maybe they got saved by some guardian angel? Don't want any deus ex machina shit in DW.

Maybe the wing belongs to the bird that appears in the previous page, imo...

Like it will rise up or something, representing that they possibly are dead and, at the same time, they are now free...
removed-userJun 27, 2013 8:52 PM
Jun 27, 2013 8:16 PM

May 2010
I didn't think it's going to be a happy ending however I prefer it
Jun 27, 2013 8:31 PM

Sep 2012
Please, let them be dead.
Jun 27, 2013 9:04 PM

Sep 2012
I'm pretty sure they're not dead, being in a huge explosion seems to be common fare for Shiro and Ganta considering Shiro has been at the center of quite a few. I like the happy ending to contrast the incredibly dark atmosphere of the rest of the series. If it turns out the explosion did off somebody, I hope they both die rather than one surviving and one not.
Jun 27, 2013 9:37 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was really touching, the conversation between Ganta and Shiro ;__; that Shiro wanted to live and experience a normal life, and that Ganta wouldn't forgive her, but they would still be together. Hopefully it ends with both of them dead, or both of them alive, because one living and the other dying would be too sad. Now we shall a few months before the real chapter 57 comes out...
Jun 27, 2013 9:53 PM

Jun 2008
Helitenks said:
The ending made me pretty happy

Tragic romance is always good... at least it's suitable for this manga. :)

I don't want a Deus Ex Machina ending either.
HEY!
Jun 27, 2013 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
I wasn't expecting the sudden change of heart, but I do hope the final chapter would turn out to be satisfying. I'd rather have a tragic ending than a perfectly happy (like nothing happened) one. But hey, it's just me.

Jun 28, 2013 12:35 AM

Jul 2012
Can't wait for the finale after this chapter damn.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jun 28, 2013 7:49 AM

Jul 2012
What? Final chapter? Nooo, hell noo.
Jun 28, 2013 1:57 PM

Mar 2012
I can't tell if I'm more sad or confused.
Jun 29, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
So, both are going to die... It would be a sad but perfect end!
Jun 30, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2012
Raghe said:
DemiLovato said:

Maybe the wing belongs to the bird that appears in the previous page, imo...

Like it will rise up or something, representing that they possibly are dead and, at the same time, they are now free...

Only in death you are free... Well fuck, that's gay. After all the shit they go through they still fucking die.

That's like the "Drag Me To Hell" ending or a fucking "Final Destination" ending. God damn, I hate it when the creators just shit on you at the end omfg.
Jul 1, 2013 2:56 AM

Aug 2012
Umm its thread about 56.2 chapter so lol.

Mmmm yeah this manga is really great and deserve high score, I am happy I could read it!
JeycoppJul 1, 2013 3:00 AM
Jul 2, 2013 12:55 PM
Aug 2010
DemiLovato said:
Litrydow said:

They did. Such a troll. They hugged and were probably about to make out but then they exploded. In a nuclear explosion. Legit, it was a total shit on the reader.

And if anything, Shiro should have gone straight to hell. She's no fuckin' angel knockin' on heavens front door. Sure she had a shitty life but that does not excuse all the people shes killed. Don't want to sound heartless, but it's true. Shiro is a good candidate for hell.

Your statement just makes me remember that god and religion is real shit.
Jul 2, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2011
Don't like the change of heart ._. I don't want this to have a happy ending, it doesn't fit the story. We shall see with the final chapter I guess.
Jul 2, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2007
dfghijkl said:

My exact thought upon seeing that explosion. Maybe they'll be "reborn" in a tree ridden away by woodpeckers. :P

This song totally played in my head, reading that chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvHDMK7qGt4
Ani-BlastJul 2, 2013 10:10 PM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jul 3, 2013 10:13 PM

Aug 2012
Ani-Blast said:
dfghijkl said:

My exact thought upon seeing that explosion. Maybe they'll be "reborn" in a tree ridden away by woodpeckers. :P

This song totally played in my head, reading that chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvHDMK7qGt4

I thought it was just Eureka Sevens illustrator? the thing is being written by someone else
Jul 4, 2013 6:58 AM

May 2012
I knew it was coming but I feel really sad for shiro!!
Jul 4, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2012
Dollars_xx said:
I knew it was coming but I feel really sad for shiro!!

yeah... i feel a bit more bad for shiro than ganta yet ganta acts like such a pussy all the time.. ehhhhh.
Jul 7, 2013 11:35 PM

Feb 2010
Ri_ir said:
They both better die and this better not be a Dues Ex Machina ending

I still feel like there are loose threads they need to tie up

so wait you prefer deoblus ex mechina over deius ex mechina O_o

what has the world come to....
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 12, 2013 7:40 PM

May 2012
I feel their fight scene was very much rushed. Interested to see how it turns out, since there are hints that they could have died. Perhaps the last chapter would be about the secondary characters reminiscing after the fact.
Jul 13, 2013 6:17 AM

Oct 2012
I demand more of Shiro's ass shots in the last chapter.
Jul 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Aug 2011
dfghijkl said:

Lol how does this seem anything like Eureka Seven?

Anyway this chapter was pretty good, I honestly think Ganta deserve more than to die with her... I mean he has had a shit life because of her so I can't see this as happy unless he gets to live on. Don't really care if she lives though.

Hell I can't even see this as bittersweet the way things are going.
Jul 19, 2013 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
the end...is near
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 34 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Apr 19, 2010

26 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 5, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 1 Discussion

sifma - Aug 13, 2008

31 by Ed-Ein »»
Feb 19, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 58 Discussion

GodOfWolves - Sep 27, 2020

3 by knxwone »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 43 Discussion

Ishmael - Mar 26, 2011

23 by knxwone »»
Nov 17, 2023 6:33 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 38 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Aug 2, 2010

22 by knxwone »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.