Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 24, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
It would erase all my precious dedication for the MAL forums.
Jun 24, 2013 7:39 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Well there's also what kind of suggestion it is. Immahnoob's definitely wouldn't go through because all the mods and Xinil thought about changing the forum for like a year, and he had no proof MAL had gotten any worse or whatever. And dprelio's design would have made the site slower. I can actually see why those didn't get implemented.
I'm talking about one of those small things that we all think "that shouldn't be much work and would actually be cool", get thousands of users commenting on his page and voting in a poll and we would figure out if suggestions are useless or not.

Ah, I wasn't aware of the fate those suggestions then. Okay, I see your point. Hm, I'll try to muster up some kind of thread then about hiding post count.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 24, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 2012
What about hiding join date and/or online tag? Wouldn't it be bad-ass to just have your username and avatar?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 24, 2013 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Tavor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Well we already have a show your profile views thread, that's something that's invisible to viewers but not the account owner.

That's true. Even found myself posting there a couple of times, but I don't think it's something that's held in high regard (as in, I don't see that kind of information spread beyond that thread). At worst, there's a thread called, "Post your post count here" game thread and that's that.
Well it could be if it was visible.

How do you check your profile views? Admittedly I'm a bit curious about what I've got.
Jun 24, 2013 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
Araby said:
What about hiding join date and/or online tag? Wouldn't it be bad-ass to just have your username and avatar?

I wouldn't mind them hiding join date, as long as I could still view mine. Though the online tag is useful.
Jun 24, 2013 7:56 PM

Nov 2010
Higurashi said:
How do you check your profile views? Admittedly I'm a bit curious about what I've got.
Here, it's under My Statistics.

Tavor said:
Ah, I wasn't aware of the fate those suggestions then. Okay, I see your point. Hm, I'll try to muster up some kind of thread then about hiding post count.
Well I don't think dprelio's was ever denied, I just don't find it odd that it hasn't been implemented. I beleive Luna_ explained to noob about why they chose to have these different boards, etc. I actually think if we should be asking someone about the state of the site, how much trolling goes on, how many users usually post, etc she would be the best person to ask since she's been a mod for a long time.
Ok, but make sure you have reasons. I'll back you up, at least for a trial run of keeping them off for like a month or two.
Jun 24, 2013 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
Araby said:
Join date is helpful though.
I have really funny thoughts that no one will get to hear.
Jun 24, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2011
DangerDan said:
Araby said:

For what?
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 24, 2013 8:05 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Ok, but make sure you have reasons. I'll back you up, at least for a trial run of keeping them off for like a month or two.

Done.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 24, 2013 8:07 PM

Jun 2010
Araby said:

I believe some people already display that kind of bad-assery here.
Jun 24, 2013 8:07 PM

Jun 2013
CommanderJenny said:
DangerDan said:
Araby said:

For what?
It just shows that they at least know the culture of these forums. I guess it only really helps in the idea that you could PM them a question and they would most likely know.
I have really funny thoughts that no one will get to hear.
Jun 24, 2013 8:09 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Locked
If you are interested in this, please take it to the suggestion topic of the same theme found here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=620741

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.